It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off-Duty Cop Crashes Motorcycle Into Little Girl Then Kills Her Enraged Dad!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Originally posted by Domo1
I don't understand what it would matter if the cop was driving recklessly. Either way if he felt his life was in danger, he would be justified. You don't get to beat someone to death because they made a mistake.

Sounds like the father and cousin were more worried about beating someone up than the little girl.

You don't know that.

No one knows anything, but I'm tired of hearing this little BS nugget everywhere, on all articles. How do you know he didn't check on his daughter first?

By the way, not only did he hit the child, but he also hit the 18-year old cousin who was accompanying her. So I'm also tired of hearing the BS disinfo that she was left unattended, wandering in the street alone. She wasn't.

I still need to hear more before I even entertain the idea that the cop was warranted in pulling his gun, off-duty.

The child and teen were also in the street. Ya know, where vehicles are.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by justin366
reply to post by Domo1

I believe everyone has a right to defend themselves, and in THIS case it sounds like that is what the cop was doing, but there are plenty of stories in the news of police shooting when there is no need.

Well I can't argue that my god Sir.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks they haven't had an accident because they are perfect just haven't had an accident YET. Things happen which are out of our power to control, like a deer jumping onto the highway or a car swerving into your lane suddenly due to mechanical failure or a 4 year old running into the street at 10pm. If he deserved to be beaten then I hope all who believe that will lay down and passively accept their beating when they find themselves in his place.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Speaking from the UK I must say it never ceases to disgust me the shoot now think later attitude of the police in the states. Not saying the UK police are angels but certainly seem to be better trained to think things through in these types of situations.
Did he not know any pressure points? I'm assuming he was wearing a helmet thus protecting his head from the Father? If he had taken it off then it he can't have been that injured and a trained officer should have been able to either defuse the situation or fight his attackers off. Shoot into the air? Hit him in the shoulder or leg?
It just shows a lack of care, imagination, restraint, professionalism and to be quite frank intelligence.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

ROFL When was this time when cops were more moral, honest and decent? Maybe you should check your history. This day and age police are held to a higher standard than they ever have. Thanks to technology (video cameras, GPS and dash cams), public interest and our over zealous media that try to bend any event for ratings, more officer involved incidents are being brought to light. Please give me a time period when they were better than they are now.

As for this case it would appear (by the facts given to us) that this officer did everything in his power to do what was right in this incident. He risked injury to himself rather than hit a young child (who was in a busy street at 10 pm outside of a restaurant) by laying his bike down. He then attempted to render aid to the child even though he was injured himself. While injured he was attacked by not one but at least 2 possibly three persons. He identified himself as a police officer either before or during the attack. Before going under either to awake in the hospital or not at all he pulled his firearm and fire 1 shot hitting the assaultive father in the groin. He reassessed after his 1st shot and felt no further shots were needed.

I am baffled how you think he should have handled this better. You seem to think he should have taken the ass whopping. I’m all for a fair fight mano y mano, but this wasn’t the case. Even if it was 1 on 1 he was injured prior to it. No your agenda is clear whether you’ll admit to it or not.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

As quoted above tragedy and no winners, but your comment that the cop was beaten for no reason is ludicrous.
Do you have kids? If so you'll know that if your kid is hit by a car or motorbike or whatever,l ogic doesn't enter into it. Personally I think if I saw a cop leaning over my badly injured daughter who had just been hit by said cop, I think rationality would be out the door. The cop is trained for these situations, the gun should always be a last recourse.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Verses the morality of these cops of this time period?

Cops always sucked, Society always sucked, im sick of this "glory days" bs talk

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainpudding
reply to post by lonewolf10

Maybe read the article you're referencing before posting. The child ran into traffic and was clipped by the officer who crashed while trying to avoid her, while he was attempting to assist the child the father jumped the officer and started beating him and was then joined by a family member. The four year old is recovering from her injuries so chances are it was a pretty minor accident. Do you have any other sources to back up your assertions that he was driving dangerously or that the use of force was unjustified? The source you posted doesn't back up any of your claims.

No Kidding, read the article people!! The police officer was beaten nearly to blacking out, and who knew if the father would have stopped there, it could have been the officer who would have died.
Here is the error......the gaurdian was not watching a four year old appropriately, the four year old darted out into the street, a motorcyclist who happend to also be a police officer "ACCIDENTLY" hit the girl even after he made great attempts to avoid her, the father rushed out and began beating the police officer and the only thing that stopped him was being shot! The error is on the guardians, the cop was minding his own bussiness, the father was set out to probably kill the officer so he acted justifiably to defend himself.

Im confused as to all the hypocrisy here on ATS....if the motorcyclist was not a cop, Im sure all of your opinions would be much different. I am not to fond of cops either, heck I have made a few threads in opposition to them, but Im not going to let my sense of justice be obscurred by unreasonable hate and prejudice, the cop commited no WILLFULL wrong, the father was foolish in this case.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Even the safest driver can't avoid a kid who runs out into your path without warning. Unless you drive at 10 mph through any area with people around which just isn't practical. None of us were there so we can't judge what happened or how severe the attack was so we can't say much until more evidence comes out. People here are all making assumptions and jumping to conclusions despite having hardly any knowledge of what went on.

The cop bashers are all blaming the cop for driving dangerously or resorting to shooting too early when they have no idea about what happened. Similarly the ones who always back the cops no matter what are claiming that he was driving safely and tried to avoid hitting the girl despite not knowing if he was driving irresponsibly or not, as well as suggesting that he was justified to shoot when none of us know how severe the attack against him was.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I don't love cops, especially these days - but if anyone was reckless here, it was the father.

Instead of tending to his injured daughter - which, to me, would seem the logical priority - this man's first reaction is to attack an injured man who presents himself as a police officer and is trying to help?

Whether we are police or civilian, we are each responsible for our own actions. The father in this case not only failed to provide adequate supervision for his FOUR YEAR OLD (!!!), but he then failed to seek medical help for her AND finally he attacked a injured man!

Put yourself in the cop's place for a minute: you are injured, you know there is an injured child next to you who is not being helped, and you are beginning to loose consciousness because of the blows? What would you do? What can you do in that situation, except resort to force?

And we shouldn't assume the cop was driving recklessly. you don't have to drive fast to hit a 4 year old who jumps out from nowhere. The fact she apparently wasn't seriously injured appears to show the cop was in fact driving at a normal speed.

Bottom line for me is, people are responsible for their actions and omissions; it is never ok to take out on someone your own failures in being responsible.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by imagineering

We don't know any of this. $1000 says that the officer would say he was close to blacking out even if he was only hit once half heartedly to save himself from being in trouble for shooting, also about his driving, it is most likely all his words.

Could be from witnesses, but the blacking out part seems to suggest it is from the cops words and most people would exaggerate the truth when they have killed someone even if they felt like they acted in self defence,

Like I said before we can only speculate. People stop taking this articles words as the total truth. I thought ATSers would all be aware that evidence like this is subjective and often as much speculation as our own interpretations of it is.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainpudding
reply to post by lonewolf10

Maybe read the article you're referencing before posting. The child ran into traffic and was clipped by the officer who crashed while trying to avoid her, while he was attempting to assist the child the father jumped the officer and started beating him and was then joined by a family member. The four year old is recovering from her injuries so chances are it was a pretty minor accident. Do you have any other sources to back up your assertions that he was driving dangerously or that the use of force was unjustified? The source you posted doesn't back up any of your claims.

Well Said,if it had been a member of the public riding that motorcycle who was jumped by an off duty cop and one of his family members,with the member of the public shooting the cop dead,no doubt there would be a thread applauding him for his actions against the cop,double standards indeed.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
As much as I hate cops, if the father was actually watching the little girl she wouldn't be dead. She was 4 years old and shouldn't have been wandering around in the road.

How can a little girl dart out of nowhere in front of a motorbike? If it was a big SUV then I would understand, but a bike? That is hard to understand. Killing the man is also hard to understand.

I predicted long time ago that slowly the people of US will face the same scenario as Afghanistan and Iraq, where US soldiers shoot first then ask questions last.

You think it will stop here? Wait till they send the drones out, I'm serious, not a joke at all, I can see clearly more and more cases like this.

Why shoot the dad? Heard of a warning shot? Wait, maybe the dad saw what happened and the police wanted to intentionally kill him? Who knows, but an investigation by the police will not help much right? It is like a gang investigating its own wrongdoing. Or NATO asking UN to not investigate its war crimes, and let NATO investigate NATO war crimes, turned out neither happened, nice one.

Let's wait and see, there are countless cases like this, I don't know what degree is the boiling point of American population, but I'm sure it has one.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Haknow

Blaming the dad won't bring that little girl's dad back to life, nor will it justify the actions of the coward police officer. I suppose they are trained to shoot anyone and everyone, no matter what the case, no matter what the scenario, or situation, dead is better than alive to Police, right?

Heard of a warning shot, shoot in the air?

Funny thing, someone in this thread said that the dad should have called the cops, I saw one video in ATS showing an African American being electrocuted simply because he refused to identify himself, then his wife called the cops, guess what happened? Yeah, he got electrocuted 3 more times until he couldn't move. Obviously electrocuting someone can cause death, but that doesn't matter, nor does your rights.

A dictatorship is defined its police force, not by bogus elections.
edit on 15-8-2012 by insaan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

My point being simply that the latter could have very well been avoided had cooler heads, common sense and reason played a more integral role in the matter throughout.

Agreed. It seems there needed to be a lot more common sense and cooler heads in this instance, but I just have a hard time seeing anything the cop could have done differently?

Of course, we don't know the whole story, like the speed of the motorcycle prior to the crash, and the type of road he was driving on, and the distance from the restaurant door to the edge of the road, etc. It's possible the cop had some fault in the original accident, but it is also possible he had absolutely no time to react and did everything in his power to avoid this whole tragedy from beginning to end.

I'm a guy that can occasionally get into a murderous rage. I understand the role that an uncontrolled temper can play, especially if alcohol is involved, but I completely do not understand ignoring my injured child to go beat someone up. Maybe if the guy was trying to get away, or maybe if the ambulance was already on the scene treating her, but I just cannot fathom leaving the already frightened and injured girl alone, to jump on a guy that was injured himself and attempting to help her.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Are you a parent. Kids dissapear in a blink of an eye. And there is not a single parent it hasn't happened too.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I would like to know if the cop was speeding. Thank god the girl wasn't killed.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
My 4 year old daughter was attacked by a Rottweiler and had to have 200 stitches in her face. I didn't beat the man who owned the dog even though I wanted to, I didn't even kill the dog at the time, although I wanted to.
I tended to my daughters needs and dealt with the owner & the dog later.
There is a time and place for everything.

The dog is dead and the owner is still alive. But my daughter is ok now although she will always have the scars to remind us of what happened. That's all that matters.

I don't have much use for cops, but it sounds like the Father lost all self control. You reap what you sow.
If it is proved that the cop was driving recklessly he should be prosecuted.
Bad situation all the way around. Losing your self control though just makes matters worse.

edit on 8/15/2012 by Sparky63 because: spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I hit a dog while riding my Harley. It ran out in front of me from between 2 parked cars. There is no way on earth I could have stopped or avoided hitting it. These things happen, but if the cop was speeding I hope they throw the book at him.
edit on 8/15/2012 by Sparky63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer

A real man would have backed off and not escalated the fight, even if it meant taking a few blows from an enraged father.

Cops are taught to escalate to the point that they are justified in using a hammer.

If you use words they'll use tasers. If you step forward they'll use guns. If you use a gun they'll send in a paramilitary squad to murder your family.

As long as that brave officer gets home safe. God bless him.

You are one sick individual, I sincerely hope a relative of yours gets shot by a cop one day, I'll bless the cop that did it too, we'll see how you feel then.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join