Summary of Buddhism (which also negates every religion in the world)

page: 2
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I'm a meat eater myself.. I'm not Buddhist .. I just have an interest in it like all religions and philosophies .. I just found the ops attitude inconsistent with the topic he chose to post about.. so either he's not Buddhist and he's just posting a tidbit he read in a book ( cherry picking ) .. or he is Buddhist and has no idea what Buddhism actually teaches... or doesn't care and invented his own form =)


The Dalai Lama eats meat. Meat forms a central part of Vajrayana rituals.

Really shows your ignorance.




posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus
 


Agreed. As a theosophist, I have many in-depth discussions about these matters - the kinds of topics that make most people either change the subject or get very defensive - and everything he's told me has had a lot more detail, more involvement, and more inspiration or "meat" to it than what OP posted.

OP says these are from studies. I'm going to translate that as 15 minutes of perusing Google's top results.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity
 





Mideast, you have been known to be one of the least accurate minds on this website.


rejected.



This man has taught me some of the most valuable things I know about life, and he holds Buddhism in very high regard. With that being the case, anyone Buddhist monks massacreing a village are either operating under reasons we are not aware of, or aren't true Buddhists. It's that simple.


If you don't know the reason of massacre, you should ask them.

And if you hadn't , you can not decide whether it was right or wrong.

It is called following blindly.

Accurate.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Buddhist is what oppressors want Muslims to be. Because it has very deep spiritual teaching which is true and effective.

They want Muslims to be oppressed and raped without a word.

But recently , we have seen a different face from Buddhism.

IMHO.

edit on 14-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)
edit on 14-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity
 




Mideast, you have been known to be one of the least accurate minds on this website. In this matter, it will not be to you that I look for answers.


I know consensus is a horrible way to judge something

But I tend to look at a posters POST to STAR count, its the best way to spot a troll in my humble opinion.

If there post count is larger than their star count that means they spend alot of time simply making statements that no one agrees with, not even one member out of the 300k that come here thought many of their post deserved even 1 star.

Not the best way, but it does say something.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
Just check how they are massacring and burning Muslims in Myanmar.

www.antisemitism.blogfa.com...

Buddha was no prophet and it is no religion

IT is advertised that they are just peaceful.

Which is false.
edit on 14-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)


I'm sorry that is ignorant, Did you know Buddha? anyway a prophet does not exist in the world of Buddhism, he was just a spiritual leader, an enlightened one which any one become with training and dedication, he is not the chosen one because some greater force chose him he is the chosen one because of his dedication and practice.

And if you know anything about Buddhism you would realise that the moment they hurt another living being on purpose they instantly are NOT Buddhist any more.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by NotReallyASecret
 


I have regular discussions with Buddhists, and your display of knowledge in this area is significantly less than impressive.

For instance, you didn't even begin to cover Shinn Buddhism or the other two. Their philosophies go as thus:

One believes that if there is a tiger, that tiger is part of nature, and therefore has a right to enter the village and feed as it will.

Another believes the tiger should be killed if it is in the village, but if it's not in the village, leave it alone.

The third believes that if the tiger is anywhere in the area, the village has a responsibility to find it, hunt it, and kill it, regardless of where it's been or what it has done.

If you had truly studied Buddhism, this would have appeared in your OP. And this is just scratching the tip of the iceberg. You are taking quantum physics and reducing it to simple addition. It just cannot be done while retaining the true essence of the philosophy or religion.

P.S. I root for the second one. That's the Shinn Buddhism. Shaolins are a little fierce for my taste.
edit on 14-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotReallyASecret

Originally posted by miniatus
I'm a meat eater myself.. I'm not Buddhist .. I just have an interest in it like all religions and philosophies .. I just found the ops attitude inconsistent with the topic he chose to post about.. so either he's not Buddhist and he's just posting a tidbit he read in a book ( cherry picking ) .. or he is Buddhist and has no idea what Buddhism actually teaches... or doesn't care and invented his own form =)


The Dalai Lama eats meat. Meat forms a central part of Vajrayana rituals.

Really shows your ignorance.


Buddha allowed meat if the animals were not killed for the purpose of feeding the monks... now days various schools allow meat, some do not ..



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by NotReallyASecret

Originally posted by miniatus
I'm a meat eater myself.. I'm not Buddhist .. I just have an interest in it like all religions and philosophies .. I just found the ops attitude inconsistent with the topic he chose to post about.. so either he's not Buddhist and he's just posting a tidbit he read in a book ( cherry picking ) .. or he is Buddhist and has no idea what Buddhism actually teaches... or doesn't care and invented his own form =)


The Dalai Lama eats meat. Meat forms a central part of Vajrayana rituals.

Really shows your ignorance.


Buddha allowed meat if the animals were not killed for the purpose of feeding the monks... now days various schools allow meat, some do not ..



I like your backtracking. So now meat is allowed?



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by definity

Originally posted by mideast
Just check how they are massacring and burning Muslims in Myanmar.

www.antisemitism.blogfa.com...

Buddha was no prophet and it is no religion

IT is advertised that they are just peaceful.

Which is false.
edit on 14-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)


I'm sorry that is ignorant, Did you know Buddha? anyway a prophet does not exist in the world of Buddhism, he was just a spiritual leader, an enlightened one which any one become with training and dedication, he is not the chosen one because some greater force chose him he is the chosen one because of his dedication and practice.

And if you know anything about Buddhism you would realise that the moment they hurt another living being on purpose they instantly are NOT Buddhist any more.



1- I am not a Buddhist

2- I know about Buddha

3- I know that followers can claim themselves to be follower of their leader and act the opposite.

4- The massacre is not something Buddha would have allowed.

5- Any one who supports the massacre and says that he is a Buddhist is lying.

6- You judged me , you did it fast.

7- I forgive.
edit on 14-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
I have regular discussions with Buddhists, and your display of knowledge in this area is significantly less than impressive.


Yes your friend with the black belt. You think Buddhism has to do with kung fu fighting. Give me a break dude.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotReallyASecret

Originally posted by mideast
Just check how they are massacring and burning Muslims in Myanmar.

www.antisemitism.blogfa.com...



POST REMOVED BY STAFF


You just lost any credibility that you may have gained by posting about the peaceful religion of Buddhism.

I really don't know what the heck is going on in Myanmar, but this kind of killing shuldn't be condoned by anyone!

edit on 14-8-2012 by windword because: spelling
edit on Tue Aug 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid
 


All i see you do is copy and paste your crap. Pretty much all your replies say that, alll religion expect some form of Christianity is the truth and rest are fake. typical brainwashed christian.

FYI, Buddhism, Hinduism, Jainism were not originally "religions", they became religion in order to fend off from the newly emerged trend, aka Abrahamic religions, 2000yrs ago.

The mentioned religions are much older.

Its like a 10 yr old stubborn kid telling 100yr old wise man on how to live a life.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
If you had truly studied Buddhism, this would have appeared in your OP.

Studying a particular religion to gain truth or understanding about it makes as much sense as studying the NIST report to understand the truth about 911.

Ain't gonna happen...



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotReallyASecret

Madhyamaka is negation of the views of existence and nonexistence. These 2 views form the basis of all philosophical viewpoints.
edit on 14-8-2012 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)


Do you mean that all philosophical views are framed by a metaphysics that includes the duality of existence and nonexistence? I agree that philosophy requires a metaphysical frame, but isn't Buddhism a philosophical viewpoint too?



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast
 


I don't generally hate on a group personally but acting like they have done nothing wrong is stupid, why do some Muslims think go to every continent in the world and asks them to respect their ways and disrespect the countries native culture?

I seen Muslims who respect the new countries laws and live along with it, then we have these a-holes, who think its okay to take up school cafeteria for their prayers. I don't care about gods in general.

What gives them right over other religion? what gives them right over my study time or my eating time? I don;t have to modify my food and my ways to accommodate others, do you know how school would be if every religion wanted to do what they feel is right?

I will respect others way, but don;t change my way or make my life difficult.



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by wagnificent
Do you mean that all philosophical views are framed by a metaphysics that includes the duality of existence and nonexistence?


All philosophical, metaphysical and religious views revolve around 2 core views: Existence and Nonexistence.

Negate these 2 views, and you automatically negate all views.



Originally posted by wagnificent
Buddhism a philosophical viewpoint too?


Not Madhyamaka.

Its almost cliché , that Madhyamaka's "view" is a "freedom from all views".

As Nāgārjuna said: "If I had an opinion, I would be at fault; as I alone have no opinion, I alone am without fault."
edit on 14-8-2012 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by mideast
 


I don't generally hate on a group personally but acting like they have done nothing wrong is stupid, why do some Muslims think go to every continent in the world and asks them to respect their ways and disrespect the countries native culture?

I seen Muslims who respect the new countries laws and live along with it, then we have these a-holes, who think its okay to take up school cafeteria for their prayers. I don't care about gods in general.

What gives them right over other religion? what gives them right over my study time or my eating time? I don;t have to modify my food and my ways to accommodate others, do you know how school would be if every religion wanted to do what they feel is right?

I will respect others way, but don;t change my way or make my life difficult.


Did I disrespect ?

I brought some news about some un-seen aspects of the religion.

I can not get what you are saying. the connection to me ?





new topics
top topics
 
0
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join