It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summary of Buddhism (which also negates every religion in the world)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The following is a summary of Madhyamaka:

All philosophical and religious positions revolve around only 2 views: Existence and Nonexistence.

One cannot claim that anything exists, since for something to exist it would logically have to arise from a) itself b) other or c) both these possibilities together

Something cannot arise from itself, because that brings numerous contradictions. For example, arising would have to be part of its intrinsic nature, which would in turn lead to endless arisings.

Something cannot arise from other, because then you could have darkness spring from flames. Anything could arise from anything. Moreover if an entity in itself does not exist, an entity other than it does not exist either.

Something cannot arise from both these possibilities together, because each one has been individually negated already.

All we are left with is illusion. Things only seem real because of imputed identities.

Reference: "Center of the Sunlit Sky" by Karl Brunnholzl
edit on 14-8-2012 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Just check how they are massacring and burning Muslims in Myanmar.

www.antisemitism.blogfa.com...

Buddha was no prophet and it is no religion

IT is advertised that they are just peaceful.

Which is false.
edit on 14-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
off topic

aftabe

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You don't need a religion.

You need to stop being hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NotReallyASecret

Something cannot arise from other, because then you could have darkness spring from flames.

Why do you think fires cast shadows?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
You don't need a religion.

You need to stop being hypocrite.

?

You are losing me.

Madhyamaka is negation of the views of existence and nonexistence. These 2 views form the basis of all philosophical viewpoints.
edit on 14-8-2012 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotReallyASecret

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

That is not the Buddhist way... Buddhism is tolerant of other religions and teaches taking the middle ground between extremes.. I do believe you just lost yourself some Karma

Buddhist doctrines hold nonviolence and compassion for all life in high regard. The First Precept of Buddhism requires individuals to abstain from injuring or killing all living creatures and Buddha's teaching restricts Buddhist monks from any political involvement.
edit on 8/14/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Aug 14 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mideast

Mideast, you have been known to be one of the least accurate minds on this website. In this matter, it will not be to you that I look for answers.

I have a very, very close friend who has studied under Buddhist monks. He has a double black belt, is trained in a variety of martial arts, is a survivalist expert, and one of THE most level-headed and unbiased people you will ever meet on the face of the earth.

And by unbiased, I mean that he recognizes his own limits and prejudices and does his best to curb their influence. It is virtually impossible to meet him, talk to him for an hour, and walk away saying, "This guy doesn't know what he's talking about and he's a jerk." He has his differences, but he's very knowledgeable.

This man has taught me some of the most valuable things I know about life, and he holds Buddhism in very high regard. With that being the case, anyone Buddhist monks massacreing a village are either operating under reasons we are not aware of, or aren't true Buddhists. It's that simple.
edit on 14-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
That is not the Buddhist way... Buddhism is tolerant of other religions and teaches taking the middle ground between extremes.. I do believe you just lost yourself some Karma

Believe what you want.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Religion is NOT your friend...

The true agenda behind Religion is to HIDE the truth.

Religion is the LAST place you will find it...

Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age beliefs are deceptions.

Through Hinduism and Buddhism, and their core belief of karma and reincarnation, Satan has deceived many people into accepting and believing that by doing good works, a person would qualify to have his spirit elevated from one lifetime to the next in order to eventually reach a state of spiritual ‘enlightenment’.

I believe even rational and logical thinking persons can choose to believe in ‘reincarnation’. This is because they have been deceived by demonic spirits. They are rendered blind to reason and logic regarding spiritual matters.

Through Hinduism and Buddhism, Satan and his fellow demonic spirits have deceived many generations of people in large parts of the world into unwittingly allowing their bodies and souls to be possessed. This permits the demonic spirits to 'reincarnate' in them serially.

Satan inspired Hinduism and Buddhism with the core beliefs of Karma and reincarnation.
The concept of reincarnation has been debunked by the concept of demonic spirit possession explaining all the ‘evidence’ proffered for reincarnation.
Hence reincarnation is a lie and Hinduism, Buddhism, and New Age beliefs are deceptions. They bear the signature of Satan. Source

All false religions are illuminati created...

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda." Link

Satan's most effective method of seducing men and women to yield to his control over them is via a religious system. Source

"...religion keeps you from knowing God and keeps you blind as to what God is really like! All religious leaders are raised up by Jesus' arch enemy, satan! Link

Satan is behind ALL false religion
Religion is a major tool of the Illuminati agenda
Deception Through Religion
All false religions are illuminati created
Reincarnation -- Satan's Second-Biggest Lie
Reincarnation Is A Lie

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Believe what you want.

I'm an atheist .. I don't view Buddhism as a religion though .. Buddha was no God and nor did he claim to be.. I don't believe in reincarnation though either.. but that's neither here nor there.

but again I say .. if you're claiming to be Buddhist then you don't even understand Buddhism.. I added to what I said above.. but you may have missed it ..

"Buddhist doctrines hold nonviolence and compassion for all life in high regard. The First Precept of Buddhism requires individuals to abstain from injuring or killing all living creatures and Buddha's teaching restricts Buddhist monks from any political involvement."

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Good, they deserve it.

That is not the Buddhist way... Buddhism is tolerant of other religions and teaches taking the middle ground between extremes.. I do believe you just lost yourself some Karma That is not the Buddhist way... Buddhism is tolerant of other religions and teaches taking the middle ground between extremes.. I do believe you just lost yourself some Karma

Don't worry, it's Not Really A Secret.

edit on 14-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Eh...my buddy has no problem with killing and dressing a deer. It's the wasteful part he has a problem with.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Religion is NOT your friend...

I agree with this. Few people understand that Madhyamaka is something which negates religions.

For example Nagarjuna, Candrakriti etc. negate all sorts of ancient Indian philosophies and religions.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Eh...my buddy has no problem with killing and dressing a deer. It's the wasteful part he has a problem with.

I'm a meat eater myself.. I'm not Buddhist .. I just have an interest in it like all religions and philosophies .. I just found the ops attitude inconsistent with the topic he chose to post about.. so either he's not Buddhist and he's just posting a tidbit he read in a book ( cherry picking ) .. or he is Buddhist and has no idea what Buddhism actually teaches... or doesn't care and invented his own form =)

link   
reply to post by NotReallyASecret

Few people understand the difference between religion and spirituality. Religion is a group effort, spirituality is a personal journey. In many ways, spirituality is the most effective of the two, because group effort tends to lean on one particular vantage point, which is counter-productive to a true spiritual search.

link   

but again I say .. if you're claiming to be Buddhist then you don't even understand Buddhism.. I added to what I said above.. but you may have missed it ..

"Buddhist doctrines hold nonviolence and compassion for all life in high regard. The First Precept of Buddhism requires individuals to abstain from injuring or killing all living creatures and Buddha's teaching restricts Buddhist monks from any political involvement."

Thank you for lecturing me on Buddhism, even though you are not a Buddhist.

And you really have no clue what you are talking about.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Thank you for lecturing me on Buddhism, even though you are not a Buddhist.

And you really have no clue what you are talking about.

I seem to know a bit more than you - I think you've proven that quite clearly if you are pretending to be Buddhist and believe that Buddhism advocates violence or .. "wrath" .. You're welcome for the lecture, I hope it leads you further on your path to enlightenment ..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join