Summary of Buddhism (which also negates every religion in the world)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotReallyASecret

Originally posted by WarminIndy
arise

Nothing arises. See first post.

So everything is illusory by default.

So you are by default, illusionary intrinsically intelligent? Yes, it is true, I failed to see intrinsic intelligence arise.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream

Originally posted by Murgatroid

The mentioned religions are much older.

So religions actually improve with age like wine?

In my opinion, older it is, the pure it is to the nature and truth of the mankind and how it suppose to live.

Religons for a duality/nonduality standpoint:
Hinduism Preaches nodual reality in Bhagavad Gita
Buddism Preaches nonduality
Judism Preaches duality where only the chosen people know god.
Toltec preaches nonduality
Christianety Preaches duality with parts nonduality from Jesus.
Islam Preaches duality
Sikhism Preaches nonduality
Bahá'í Faith Seem to Preach nonduality
Jainism Seem to Preach nonduality

Not sure I agree. It seems the older or the newer it is the better. It is the ones in the middle I would avoid if I could not see thru duality (Judism, Christianety, Islam) to limit the corruption by ego/human indotrination that will keep a person from realising the connection to god within. I do not say you cannot find god those road also if you are meant to.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Why did they integrate Buddhism if they already have a similar concept?

Why is mainstream Buddhism is still non-mixed Buddhism of ancient? and not the integrated new Buddhism?

Shouldn't the new Buddhism be called something else, since they changed it from the original.

*im just asking information, not questioning your validity*

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Furthermore, "bro", I am not a guy

It must be the Cloud avatar lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Originally posted by Murgatroid

The mentioned religions are much older.

So religions actually improve with age like wine?

In my opinion, older it is, the pure it is to the nature and truth of the mankind and how it suppose to live.

Religons for a duality/nonduality standpoint:
Hinduism Preaches nodual reality in Bhagavad Gita
Buddism Preaches nonduality
Judism Preaches duality where only the chosen people know god.
Toltec preaches nonduality
Christianety Preaches duality with parts nonduality from Jesus.
Islam Preaches duality
Sikhism Preaches nonduality
Bahá'í Faith Seem to Preach nonduality
Jainism Seem to Preach nonduality

Not sure I agree. It seems the older or the newer it is the better. It is the ones in the middle I would avoid if I could not see thru duality (Judism, Christianety, Islam) to limit the corruption by ego/human indotrination that will keep a person from realising the connection to god within. I do not say you cannot find god those road also if you are meant to.

Judaism does not teach that only the chosen people *know* God. The concept of chosen does not imply knowing God, but that they were chosen to be part of a covenant with God. They acknowledge that God exists for goyim as well as them.

Do you yourself know god within? Are you becoming god? What benefit is it for me for you to be god? There must be some kind of benefit for me, seeing as how I must be one of those ignorant "dualists" that can't be egotistical enough to believe I can find god within me or become god. I fail to see god in you. So if I fail to see you are becoming god or knowing god, then how will I ever understand? Is it to you and a few like you that I should be looking at for the concept of god-likeness?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
No object can be claimed to exist.

Not even God.
edit on 14-8-2012 by NotReallyASecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

No object can be claimed to have arisen.

Not even God.

Then you are basing your view on a misconception. God had no reason to arise, He already existed, therefore no need to arise.

You promote the idea that god "arises" within you if you seek inwardly. For that to be, you have to arise first, then God is secondary. That makes no sense because the idea of God is pre-existent to our own existence. Even if you did not exist, the concept of God was before you. So therefore, you yourself arises, and if you arise to find god within you, then god is based in your own definition of god. Therefore, your definition arose, not God.

God therefore is bound within the limits of your understanding and your views, to which is opposite of the meaning of limitlessness. What you have then is an intellectual god. That is a god bound within your own perspective. Therefore, it is not God.

If you say "I find god within me, inwardly" then that is all there is. Yourself inwardly is not me inwardly and we are not bound together by virtue of separate idealism and understanding. Yourself inwardly has boundaries, therefore limited. No one can say God is limitless, the universe is limitless if the definition remains in a bound system that is limited.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Islamic persecution of Buddhists currently happening:

goo.gl...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NotReallyASecret

Summary of Buddhism (which also negates every religion in the world)

Going by the title of the OP...I'm getting the impression that you are think Buddhism is an antedote to other faiths that you seem to have a problem. Its as if you've joined a cool new club and your'e flashing your membership badge around.

You think Buddhism works for you? Fine.
But ask yourself if Buddha intended Buddhism to "negate" every other religion.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

The following is a summary of Madhyamaka: All philosophical and religious positions revolve around only 2 views: Existence and Nonexistence.

You seem to confuse emptiness as a buddhist term with non-existence, like most westerners.

However, Maadhyamikas are quick to refute this claim that the emptiness of things means that these things do not exist at all. Naagaarjuna warns against such a nihilistic misunderstanding of emptiness, saying that by this misperception of emptiness ‘a person of little intelligence is destroyed, like by a snake wrongly seized or a spell wrongly cast.’ [2] His intention is not to negate the world, nor does the teaching of emptiness, when rightly understood, destroy the possibility of the Buddhist spiritual life. On the contrary, emptiness means, Naagaarjuna says, not that entities are non-existent but rather that they are empty of, i.e. lack, independent or autonomous being. Entities are without inherent existence (svabhaava). Emptiness denotes that things exist but their existence is never self-standing. The existence of entities is always dependent on many conditions.

Most importantly for the Buddhist practitioner, it is, according to Naagaarjuna, the emptiness of all things which makes spiritual life possible. It is because all entities lack autonomous existence that change can occur.

May I suggest to take a deeper look at the buddhism as a whole before thinking that you got it from some internet quotes?

Here, Sariputra, form is emptiness and the very emptiness is form; emptiness does not differ from form, form does not differ from emptiness; whatever is form, that is emptiness, whatever is emptiness, that is form, the same is true of feelings, perceptions, impulses and consciousness.
The Heart Sutra

edit on 15-8-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
It is self defeating. The "desire" of the Buddhist is to "desire" nothing.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
When you find you are nothing - that is wisdom.
When you realize you are all - that is love.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

It is self defeating. It is only the belief that you are some 'thing' that makes you suffer.

It is not the desire of a Buddhist to desire nothing for that is still a desire. A true Buddha finds that he is not a thing (nothing).
The belief that you are a thing causes conflict because it is not true. Humans believe they are things among other things, this is found to be false when inquired into.
The truth shall set you free.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd

When the truth is seen there is nothing to desire. Everything is provided, it's all here.
Only a delusional mind believes there is more and wants more than what is here.

Humans want what they do not have and do not want what they do have. This is painful, it is the human condition of flip flopping from desire to fear. 'I want/I do not want'.
Face the truth.
The key to happiness is as simple as this:
Want what you do have and do not want what you do not have.
edit on 15-8-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Every religion in existence has it's extremists twisting the philosophy into something they can use as an excuse to gain power/influence/money/whatever. My wife is buddhist, as are 90% of her friends and family. None of them have ever been in trouble with the law, they all have great respect for others and are generally really lovely, gentle and compassionate people.

The d'bags in Myanmar aren't real buddhists, they're pretenders using it as an excuse to go on a murder spree and run amok.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NotReallyASecret

You do realize that Buddhism is an offshoot of Hinduism, right?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

No object can be claimed to exist.

Not even God.

No 'thing' has ever existed.
The seer does not exist and the seen does not exist.
Only seeing and knowing can be said to be true.
All seeing, all knowing and everpresent.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
Just check how they are massacring and burning Muslims in Myanmar.

www.antisemitism.blogfa.com...

Buddha was no prophet and it is no religion

IT is advertised that they are just peaceful.

Which is false.
edit on 14-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

Actually, you are being manipulated by those around you into over exaggerating the situation.
Both muslims and buddhists are dying in myanmar, the buddhists lived in peace until the muslims began to infiltrate the country. (prove me wrong).

This article has been written by a muslim, please educate yourself to the manner in which agitprop is being utilised to channel your thinking.

The article is at Pak Alert press.

How social media is programming muslims with lies about myanmar.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast
Just check how they are massacring and burning Muslims in Myanmar.

www.antisemitism.blogfa.com...

Buddha was no prophet and it is no religion

IT is advertised that they are just peaceful.

Which is false.
edit on 14-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

What the Buddha taught and what a modern aggressive government that probably care not what Buddism is about and just use it as a front to be akin to 'the people' are two very different things.
I myself am not buddist but I have read a lot of the Buddha's teachings and it is purely peaceful.

'Spirituality will always be corrupted by religion son' -My Dad

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

Thank you for helping me know the truth.

But , there are other images about Myanmar.

What is your idea about these images :

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join