It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people should vote for Romney/Ryan ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by phishfriar47

Thank you my friend. Although I am frustrated with the state of politics in America, I know that there is no other country in the world that can touch us!

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Originally posted by muse7
Most young people today are educated, I think that the baby-boomer generation makes up the majority of the Republican voter base.

Not sure which young people you are referring to, but nobody where I live gives a hoot or really truly cares about the election this year. Young people are educated?!?!?!
Well if you consider spouting Obama talking points educated. I can't tell you how many people I know that are voting for Obama just based on the fact that now he likes gay marriage. Three of my friends ruled that as some type of accomplishment.

Fact. Most young people are NOT educated, when it comes to politics, or economics, or what goes on in government.
edit on 14-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

That is so true! Even those young people that I know who did vote for Obama last time around aren't excited to vote for him this time around. And anyone of college age is guaranteed to spout the "Obama talking points" that you reference because that is all they hear from their liberal professors. I was a victim of that myself when I graduated from college. Then after I worked in the real world for a couple of years I saw things for what they really were! But, I am sad to say, most people, old and young, just don't pay enough attention to see what is really going on.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
This just confirms that the GOP ticket is out of touch.

America is not exceptional in much... Much to brag about anyway.

military
obese people
divorce
television watched
crime

"We’re 7th in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, third in median household income, number four in labor force and number four in exports. We lead the world in only three categories. Number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real and defense spending..."

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Romney can make up stuff all day long, but America is no longer as "exceptional" as some would like to believe.

America is the envy of the world.

We have a $16 Trillion GDP.

We are the only remaining military and economic superpower.

American Exceptionalism is alive and well.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

military
obese people
divorce
television watched
crime

"We’re 7th in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, third in median household income, number four in labor force and number four in exports. We lead the world in only three categories. Number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real and defense spending..."

Romney can make up stuff all day long, but America is no longer as "exceptional" as some would like to believe.

Thats what i said. I dont see any other nation at the top of the list for most medals cumulatively won and most GOLD medals won at the Olympics. Nor has any other nation sent a rover to MARS....all in accomplished in the same week.....pretty exceptional in my book.

Some people just hate America no matter what, but their anger is misguided, its our representatives who have led us astray, the US citizenry is still a powerhouse, we just are in need of better guidance so we can once again lead the world down the correct path.
edit on 14-8-2012 by phishfriar47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I don't agree with some of Ryans policies so I will definitely be voting Obama. I was thinking about Romney before he chose Ryan.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by toolgal462
reply to post by MidnightTide

So, seriously...What are we to do? Learn to Swim?

We need to take the country back from Corporations and Wall Street, but HOW????? That is the question.

How

The consequences

Why no one can

Because of consequences

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

military
obese people
divorce
television watched
crime

You bet!

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishfriar47

military
obese people
divorce
television watched
crime

Thats what i said. I dont see any other nation at the top of the list for most medals cumulatively won and most GOLD medals won at the Olympics. Nor has any other nation sent a rover to MARS....all in accomplished in the same week.....pretty exceptional in my book.

Some people just hate America no matter what, but their anger is misguided, its our representatives who have led us astray, the US citizenry is still a powerhouse, we just are in need of better guidance so we can once again lead the world down the correct path.
edit on 14-8-2012 by phishfriar47 because: (no reason given)

You are well programed so you are obviously in need of serious deprogramming.

Here... start with this.

edit on 15-8-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: vid loading issue

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by xuenchen

The last report I heard was that Romney was down 9%, that’s all I care about, and that is why Obama will get a second term.

The new voters and younger generation wouldn’t dare vote another war-mongering republican into office…thank God.

LOL, pray tell please tell me why President Obama hasn't withdrawn the troops from Afghanistan?
I also seem to recall Obama stating that he would start withdrawing troops from Iraq on Day 1 of his Presidency. That didn't happen. Then there was Libya.
President Obama hasn't done things any different than President Bush would have. In fact, he's been Bush III.....

As a wise Chinese warlord told me…‘You can only lie to your self’

As an old drunk in Singapore told me one day….‘forgive them for being blind as a bat with no sonar’

And as the Last prophet on this earth will tell you…Run from your Herder, for you was not intended to be sheeple .

'Wake Up'

When were you ever in Singapore? LOL

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I can't think of a single solitary positive reason why anyone in their right minds would take the energy to go out to a polling station on election day, and vote for either one of these worthless individuals. You said it yourself, they believe in American Exceptionalism. What does this mean? Our country is going to hell in a hand basket, and we have people running for president that are delusional enough to believe we are 'exceptional'?
Analogy:
Here is this car... it is on fire and ready to explode, and it doesn't run or start, and there is no engine... but hey you know what? It gets you to where you need to go cause this car here is exceptional... REALLY? I still have yet to hear some kind of sound plan to fix our dollar and stop spending money overseas and get rid of worthless programs we keep dumping money into by the barrel full... and guess who had a good idea with real answers on how to fix these things?
Guess...
Give up?
RON PAUL!
Am I living in the twilight zone, or am I right?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Way to go turning this into yet another "HATE ON AMERICA" thread!!!

Maybe you broke a record.....Congrats

It is called being realistic... Self evaluation is not a weakness.

Being blind and clueless to your own faults is a serious weakness.

You don't speak for all Americans so get over yourself. And you certainly do not speak for me.
You might want to take your own advice and do some 'self evaluation" because nobody likes a pompous,judgemental ass! Being blind and clueless in not an excuse for your own faults, after all.

Sounds like I am talking to George W Bush over here.

America can do better in many areas, if I were rude I might say; kiss my butt two times.

But I'm not, so I won't say it

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

it's either ron paul or mickey mouse.....
what would be a good vp for paul though??

as far as obama or romney.
what can I say, they are both corporate puppets and will put the best interest second or third below the welfare of the big corps. and what is good for the corporate world and wall street isn't necessarily good for the country or main street. as we are now seeing....

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join