It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people should vote for Romney/Ryan ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Is it all about "anybody but Obama" ?

Is it all about international policies ?

Is it all about economic policies ?

Is it all about the "social" economics ?

Is it all about "government economic interference" ?

Is it all about "all of the above" ?

Which are the most important to YOU, The Voter as an American ?

Maybe some people see "American Exceptionalism" as the answer to getting the economy back into our hands.

Who will promote American Exceptionalism and American Pride in the best ways ?

There was a time it seemed the sum total of the Romney campaign would be simply a referendum on Obama's failed record. That will get you far, but in today's stagnant economy with Americans' anxiety about the future at all time highs, a campaign needs more than that. It needs to offer voters a choice and a realistic path to get American back to work again. Today, at a homecoming rally for Paul Ryan in Wisconsin, Mitt Romney and his running mate did just that.
The article focuses on Mitt Romney's and Paul Ryan's rally speeches from Aug 12th (videos included)

Romney, Ryan Running on American Exceptionalism

Are these speeches better than the Obama/Biden speeches ?

With all the "Panic" attacks since the "Ryan" announcement, it seems the Obama Campaign has to shift gears.

It looks like "Ryanoia" has set in !!!

???????

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
looks like you are going to get a whole lot of grief and support.
Personally I dont think it matters, they are just the talking heads for the power behind the curtain
edit on 13-8-2012 by munkey66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

number 1 on your list

that's the only reason I can think of because he is a rotten candidate.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Any person that doesn't write in Ron Paul will be personally smacked by me repeatedly over the next for years every single time they complain how romney/ryan are messing things up.

Look at their records, romney is obviously a croney capitalist, paul ryan has a voting record I would expect from a hitler or stalin type minded person.

It is insanity to keep voting the same lowlifes in and expecting any different result. Things will not change, unless WE change the type of people we are sending to washington.

I don't understand how people don't understand that, it couldn't be more obvious if it was smacking you in the face.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The same people hammering Romney and now Ryan are for the most part the same one's who didn't give a fig about the similar problems of Obama in 2008. The tax return issue, how about school tran.birth certificate? Before the hammer falls on me for being a birther maybe they were both sealed because one would show something illegal in the other? Ryan's voting record? What about then sen. Obama's lack of one? Besides voting present? I'm liking the use the super pacs have gotten from Obama lately, how many has he had to distance himself from? For all the talk about Romney being a 1% why is it that no one questions the hollywood and financial types hosting 40,000$ a plate fund raisers. Wouldn't they being doing that to protect their own interests??? I'll vote Romney/Ryan because there isn't a blaring conflict vs what he says and what he does!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Sorry, Ron Paul is not a good option. I wouldn't want him for President either. Not unless he says he will go after the Wall Street banksters, then I'm in...

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
The same people hammering Romney and now Ryan are for the most part the same one's who didn't give a fig about the similar problems of Obama in 2008. The tax return issue, how about school tran.birth certificate? Before the hammer falls on me for being a birther maybe they were both sealed because one would show something illegal in the other? Ryan's voting record? What about then sen. Obama's lack of one? Besides voting present? I'm liking the use the super pacs have gotten from Obama lately, how many has he had to distance himself from? For all the talk about Romney being a 1% why is it that no one questions the hollywood and financial types hosting 40,000$ a plate fund raisers. Wouldn't they being doing that to protect their own interests??? I'll vote Romney/Ryan because there isn't a blaring conflict vs what he says and what he does!

Yep, don't you know about the double standard for liberal Democrats? What a joke.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This just confirms that the GOP ticket is out of touch.

America is not exceptional in much... Much to brag about anyway.

military
obese people
divorce
television watched
crime

"We’re 7th in literacy, 27th in math, 22nd in science, 49th in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, third in median household income, number four in labor force and number four in exports. We lead the world in only three categories. Number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real and defense spending..."

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Romney can make up stuff all day long, but America is no longer as "exceptional" as some would like to believe.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
On the surface, Ryan is a great VP pick. Anyone can see that over extended government, esp in the form of unsustainable entitlements, is going to end in economic/social/political collapse.

Dialed in, however, Ryan is more like Romney (and Obama) than one might think. His touted budget is not all that revolutionary and merely kicks the can farther down the road. It may contain some mitigating factors, but will only put off the inevitable a bit longer. He also voted for the bailouts and several other debt inducing giveaways.

If I lived in a swing state, I'd vote for them simply because they aren't quite as terrible as Obama/Biden. But really, there isn't much difference.
Since I live in Louisiana, which has as much of a chance as going Obama as the euro has of surviving in its current form, I can just go ahead and vote for who I want to. Gary Johnson 2012!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Way to go turning this into yet another "HATE ON AMERICA" thread!!!

Maybe you broke a record.....Congrats

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

A lot of people agree with you.

How does anybody think the Ron Paul and Gary Johnson (Libertarian) or even the other candidates on ballots will affect the outcome this year ?

Will they be "break even" votes for both Romney and Obama ?

Or will they actually make one of them the winner ?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Is it all about international policies ?

War on Iran without congressional approval. Definitely gonna be voting for that.....nope

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Don't vote
We should succeed. Instead of states succeeding we should succeed our personal bodies and declare them to be independent sovereign nations.
Bottom line is, instead of voting, let's just go on vacation.
The sooner we collectively wake up and realize as a whole that this is just a game designed to give us a false sense of reality the quicker this will come to a head.
This game has been on since they first invented money.
Rigged.
Kings and Queens, Emperors and Empresses, every now an then we get someone who sneaks in somehow, someway, maybe Kennedy or someone like that. Otherwise, just blood relatives from a long blood line dripping back to Babylon.
Game On

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Which "policy" would YOU prefer as an American voter ?

Work or no-work ?

Which candidates will produce this time ?

(YouTube - Romney Campaign Ad)

President Obama has a long history of opposing work for welfare. Last month, President Obama ended work requirements for welfare. Mitt Romney believes work must be part of welfare and will put work back in welfare.

Long History

(YouTube - Romney Campaign Ad)

President Obama proudly proclaimed that his economic plan had "worked." Though with a decline in median household income and forty-one straight months of unemployment above eight percent, it's hard to see how it has been a success. It's time for a change. America needs a new president.

Time For A Change

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

I'm afraid to say that I agree with you. Romney/Obama....there isn't much difference between the two aside from the color of their skin! Both work for Wall Street.....
Obama has had almost 4 yrs to change this crap and he buckled under really quick.....He knows what side his bread is buttered apparently....
The Wall Street crooks got away with the biggest swindle known to man and I'm afraid a bigger swindle is in the works.
Until SOMEONE.....ANYONE.....goes after these criminals then it's all a bunch of noise meant to distract us and keep us divided.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Good point about Iran.

I think all the candidates might just do that however.

Obama's past performance is suspect.

Maybe they all listen to Israel?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimesUp
Don't vote
We should succeed. Instead of states succeeding we should succeed our personal bodies and declare them to be independent sovereign nations.
Bottom line is, instead of voting, let's just go on vacation.
The sooner we collectively wake up and realize as a whole that this is just a game designed to give us a false sense of reality the quicker this will come to a head.
This game has been on since they first invented money.
Rigged.
Kings and Queens, Emperors and Empresses, every now an then we get someone who sneaks in somehow, someway, maybe Kennedy or someone like that. Otherwise, just blood relatives from a long blood line dripping back to Babylon.
Game On

But wait.

Obama says you can't do that by yourself

You need government to succeed first......

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Any person that doesn't write in Ron Paul will be personally smacked by me repeatedly over the next for years every single time they complain how romney/ryan are messing things up.

Look at their records, romney is obviously a croney capitalist, paul ryan has a voting record I would expect from a hitler or stalin type minded person.

It is insanity to keep voting the same lowlifes in and expecting any different result. Things will not change, unless WE change the type of people we are sending to washington.

I don't understand how people don't understand that, it couldn't be more obvious if it was smacking you in the face.

Please, come and get it

Nothing like physical threats to those that dont support your candidate. Ahhhh yes, America.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

The last report I heard was that Romney was down 9%, that’s all I care about, and that is why Obama will get a second term.

The new voters and younger generation wouldn’t dare vote another war-mongering republican into office…thank God.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

As a matter of principal; I refuse to vote for any Republican or Democrat. Gary Johnson most likely...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join