Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Why people should vote for Romney/Ryan ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by xuenchen

Any person that doesn't write in Ron Paul will be personally smacked by me repeatedly over the next for years every single time they complain how romney/ryan are messing things up.

Look at their records, romney is obviously a croney capitalist, paul ryan has a voting record I would expect from a hitler or stalin type minded person.

It is insanity to keep voting the same lowlifes in and expecting any different result. Things will not change, unless WE change the type of people we are sending to washington.

I don't understand how people don't understand that, it couldn't be more obvious if it was smacking you in the face.

Yep , What He Said !...................................

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm going to vote for Romney/Ryan.

I think they'll do a better job than Obama/Biden.

Really. It doesn't need to be complicated.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

For me this vote will be about “anybody but Obama” but I do have some serious reservations about Ryan.

Do you support his vote for TAARP?

Do you support his vote for the auto bailouts?

Do you support his vote in favor of NDAA?

These are serious detractors from a guy that I’d otherwise like.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
well, let me just say as a young person, the main reason I am a republican is because of Obama. Clinton was before my time but I do respect the man, as he is just about the only democrat I respect.

So yea, I'd have to go with number one. everything else fits afterwards.

Oh and Romney Ryan all the way!!!!!!
edit on 13-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I thought you were going with Gary Johnson?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

For me this vote will be about “anybody but Obama” but I do have some serious reservations about Ryan.

Indigo5 made a thread abou the same issues.

NDAA- a wash between the two candidates
TARP- a wash between the two candidates
Patriot Act- a wash between the two candidates.

My answer there was to focus on getting representatives who want to get that repealed elected.

ACA- Romney said he'd repeal

I don't see Romney/Ryan resorting to Keynesian economic solutions either.

Freedom? Romney will end up getting the same grief from Tea Party etc. if he chooses to mess with our freedoms.

So my pick is still Romney/Ryan only because Slayer/Neo decided not to run.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

I thought you were going with Gary Johnson?

I was pissed off and venting that day….I do a lot of that on ATS.

NDAA is the single scariest piece of legislation passed in my lifetime (along with Bush signing Agenda 21 and Jr. signing the Patriot Act). I’m having a hard time reconciling my vote for a guy who voted in favor of NDAA.

Regardless who I chose, Obama certainly will not be part of the equation.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Please, come and get it

Nothing like physical threats to those that dont support your candidate. Ahhhh yes, America.

Yeah, I'm afraid that wasn't a very persuasive way to get me to vote for his man....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

I agree about the possible problems with Ryan.

But I don't know any details yet as to why he voted for or against anything in the past.

For one issue with NDAA, many politicians voted yes because of the main points of the bill and not necessarily for the detention section. They may have assumed that certain parts would soon be challenged in court as they were and are now being debated.

I bet Ryan will soon explain all the questions (I hope).

Then I can make a better judgement.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a vote for romney is a vote for ;

tax breaks for the wealthy

deregulation of big oil

deregulation of the banks

maybe 100,000 people should vote for romney

this election should be a landslide of histroric proportions

but too many people get derailed by the gay marriage type issues

sad

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527

The last report I heard was that Romney was down 9%, that’s all I care about, and that is why Obama will get a second term.

The new voters and younger generation wouldn’t dare vote another war-mongering republican into office…thank God.

LOL, pray tell please tell me why President Obama hasn't withdrawn the troops from Afghanistan?
I also seem to recall Obama stating that he would start withdrawing troops from Iraq on Day 1 of his Presidency. That didn't happen. Then there was Libya.
President Obama hasn't done things any different than President Bush would have. In fact, he's been Bush III.....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

The same goes if you vote for Obama. And you have the last three years as proof of it!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I agree about the possible problems with Ryan.

But I don't know any details yet as to why he voted for or against anything in the past.

This is from Ryan’s site and he explains and defends his vote for NDAA. This statement in particular is a LIE. The government refuses to specifically define their criteria for labeling a person or group as ‘terrorist’. In fact, the list of potential domestic terrorists keeps growing: Veterans, tea partiers, anybody who has more than 4 weeks of food stored, anybody who is pro-life, gun owners, etc.

There have been some concerns over provisions in this bill relating to the detention of Al Qaeda terrorists. Some have argued that these provisions do not provide adequate protection for Americans and would allow the President to detain American citizens within the United States for an indefinite amount of time if he deems them a “terrorist.” This is not the case. This bill affirms the military’s ability to lawfully detain individuals who are engaged in armed conflict with the United States and establishes new requirements for military custody in cases where foreign terrorists are caught in a plot to attack the United States.

paulryan.house.gov...

I'm not saying I won't vote Romney/Ryan. I need to see what the field looks like when it's time to vote. If it really is a plain 2-party vote and the other hopefuls have no chance in hell then Romney has my vote. I will not sit out and watch Obama take the oath (the oath he continues to violate) again.

edit on 13-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Thank you for being part of the problem and regurgitating what they feed !!

There is no politics that take place in DC, just business and it would be bad business to spend billions in lobbying each year for 50/50 odds on which party gets elected.

Few large (Investors/bankers) own the corporations , who own the lobbying industry, who influence$ the GOP and the DNC, who owns congress and the POTUS, and they own or influence the media companie$ that you get your information from besides the internet (For now).

If its legal for these large Investors/bankers to throw their money around and legal for them to own or influence those industries , then it would be very dumb of them to spend billions on 50/50 odds when they don't have to.

It would make business sense to use their Influence$ to lobby congress to legislate on their behave, to use their influence$ in the GOP AND the DNC to select a candidate they approve of that will basically work for them or with them. Then finally they will use their influence$ on their MEDIA news sources to tell you who is and who isn't electable.

They have a well greased Impermeable system as long as people still believe that Political ideals win over Money in Washington or that there are political motives in Washington.

Summary: who ever the DNC or GOP officially selects for you , you should be highly suspicious of. Since its highly probable that they have the same motives and paychecks (insider trading,kickbacks,donations,..) from the same sponsor$. Its no wonder Mittens and Obama share top campaign supporters.

IMO Republicans are losing the battle because there are more Republicans that act like democrats then vice versa. Heck even Romney can be seen as a mole by the democrat party with his voting record.

There is a Reason why the republicans are acting like Democrats and giving more power to the gov't and increasing gov't programs versus giving us limited gov't based on the Republican ideals.

The reason is because If the (Investors/bankers) own our gov't why wouldn't they want bigger gov't to control more of our lives. In essence the bigger the gov't the more control they have on the consumer and the more control they have of the market. That is why Bush gave us bigger gov't and Romney supports bigger gov't just like Obama.

When was the last time that a Republican shrunk gov't or took power away that infringe on our liberties? In reality they have done the opposite.

ObamaNey 2012 will ensure that the same B$ continuous and really ask your self how sad is it that the best the GOP can do is get a two guys(Romeny/Ryan) who created Obamacare v1, voted for the patriot act, believes on taking our liberties away with the NDAA and they don't even believe in the free market, since they opted for the bailouts.

edit on 13-8-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'd like to point out that Paul Ryan doesn't want women to have abortions even in the case of rape or incest.

I don't even see many conservative women voting for this ticket. Without women, Hispanics and the elderly who are afraid of their Medicare being taken away in favor of vouchers that Romney espouses. I don't see that the GOP has much of a chance. I don't care though I'm voting for Johnson.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I'm not saying I won't vote Romney/Ryan. I need to see what the field looks like when it's time to vote. If it really is a plain 2-party vote and the other hopefuls have no chance in hell then Romney has my vote. I will not sit out and watch Obama take the oath (the oath he continues to violate) again.

I will make it easy for you now then. The other's have no hope. Aside from here. Ron Paul has no support. Ryan just revived Romney's dead campaign after Obama Chicago politics ripped him to shreds. It will be an interesting 90+ days now, but you'll see Ryan will take no BS from Obama.
edit on 13-8-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
I'd like to point out that Paul Ryan doesn't want women to have abortions even in the case of rape or incest.

I don't even see many conservative women voting for this ticket. Without women, Hispanics and the elderly who are afraid of their Medicare being taken away in favor of vouchers that Romney espouses. I don't see that the GOP has much of a chance. I don't care though I'm voting for Johnson.

Just because a president is against something doesn't mean that the supreme court wont decide along the lines of the times.

Overall, Ron Paul is the only good choice, even though there's no way in hell he;s going to win.

People need to quit worrying about Ron Paul's personal beliefs so much. He's a super old and super old school guy, of course he's pro life. What do you think he was a Beatnik or something?

The bottom line is that he's the closest thing we have close to the original Free country of America that we used to know.

It doesn't matter that he may be against abortion or whatever. However, he will put a stomp down on every devious, earmarked bill that tries to sneak by death to us in every fashion.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

ObamaNey 2012 will ensure that the same B$ continuous and really ask your self how sad is it that the best the GOP can do is get a two guys(Romeny/Ryan) who created Obamacare v1, voted for the patriot act, believes on taking our liberties away with the NDAA and they don't even believe in the free market, since they opted for the bailouts.

Blah Blah Blah….

All I hear is a bunch of complaining and no solutions; typical pseudo-intellectual drivel.

Why do you think conservative American’s are trying to take back the GOP?? Do you really think that any of us like what's going on?

I agree that very little will change with Obamney which is why very few people are thrilled with the prospect of 4 years of either of them.

What's your solution, professor? Should we sit it out?

edit on 13-8-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

Yeah, but it DOES matter that he is against regulating Wall Street.

You are right about the abortion thing, it's NEVER going to be overturned by the SCOTUS, and both sides know it. It's all lip service designed to rile up their base....

Unless Ron Paul starts talking about MORE regulation of Wall Street then I'm not interested....

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
VP is window dressing, who really cares about the VP

As to Obama and Romney, they are so close in their views it really doesn't matter. I guess if you want more time to prep I would vote for Romney.......if you want things to collapse faster, vote for Obama. Anything else to me is gibber jabber, neither of them have what it takes to get us out of the mess we are all in.

Frankly, no one in government has what it takes. They are all beholden to corporate interests, and none of them are willing to do what needs to be done to fix this mess. They are all lifetime politicians and will say whatever they need to, to keep their job.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join