It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ryan Could Aid Romney in Winning Ohio ! That's 18 Electoral Votes !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The economy could implode at any time regardless and irrelevant to whom is in office at the time. Neither party is in a position to change that.

My main concern is that at any time me or my family could be separated because some dumb politician decided to vote for a bill that allows for the detention of US citizens without just cause and no right to defend themselves!

My civil liberties are #1! So ya....voting records matter.

So you go ahead and vote for your "messiah". I hope you get a chill up your leg. But don't come crying to me when your new "messiah" votes to take away your rights.

After all.....it's all about the economy.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

The economy could implode at any time regardless and irrelevant to whom is in office at the time. Neither party is in a position to change that.

My main concern is that at any time me or my family could be separated because some dumb politician decided to vote for a bill that allows for the detention of US citizens without just cause and no right to defend themselves!

My civil liberties are #1! So ya....voting records matter.

So you go ahead and vote for your "messiah". I hope you get a chill up your leg. But don't come crying to me when your new "messiah" votes to take away your rights.

After all.....it's all about the economy.

The economy would take off if - uncertainty - was removed.

Right now we are stuck in - stagnation -. GDP 1.5%

That is a disgrace. We deserve better than that.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

Let me see today's date.

August 13, 2012 1520hrs.

Much can change in a little under 3 months.

Yes, the GDP will fall to 1.1%.

The Unemployment Rate will rise to 8.5%.

Biden will get blasted in the debate with Paul Ryan.

The American people will see that the Dept. of Defense is in a financial crisis and

Obama is AWOL !

Lockheed Martin is about ready to hand out 100,000 pink slips!

There are many other defense contractors also handing out pink slips!

Where the hell is Obama?

This is a matter of - National Security -.
edit on 13-8-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Avoiding the issue.....again?!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Doom, doom, more doom, yet more doom, blah-blah, blah-blah.

Yep, that's all I'm seeing here.

Just saying, nothing is ever set in the stars.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Avoiding the issue.....again?!

What good are your civil liberties if the nation is a financial basket case?

------------
National Security trumps your civil liberty concerns.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Doom, doom, more doom, yet more doom, blah-blah, blah-blah.

Yep, that's all I'm seeing here.

Just saying, nothing is ever set in the stars.

You can also go to the Treasury Department and see the same doom, doom and

more doom.

They have a really cool quick fix going on over there. You may find it interesting.

It's called - quantitative easing -.

QE-1, QE-2......etc.

It's also known as monetizing the debt.

It devalues the US Dollar.

You know it's almost as if we are sitting on a very real $16 Trillion debt bomb!

No really! We are! Wake up!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Aww, who are you kidding?

Romney and Ryan are just the latest in the line of sycophants waiting for their turn at the till.

The current political situation in the U.S is a huge orgy of stupid at this point.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

What good are your civil liberties if the nation is a financial basket case? ------------

"Those who would trade freedom for security deserve neither."

Ben Franklin

Thanks for outing yourself bud. I now know exactly whom I am dealing with.

Good day.....
edit on 13-8-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Aww, who are you kidding?

Romney and Ryan are just the latest in the line of sycophants waiting for their turn at the till.

The current political situation in the U.S is a huge orgy of stupid at this point.

The US Dollar is being devalued? So what? blah.....blah.....blah....wake me when

gas and other commodities are outrageously expensive. Then i might wake up.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what?

Gas is $7 a gallon? Bummer. Oh well. Who cares?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

What good are your civil liberties if the nation is a financial basket case? ------------

Ben Franklin

Good day.....

Your priorities are all mixed up.

We are not going to turn America into Greece.

Our children deserve better than that and you know it.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Romney is the Republican Kerry. Really. He'll win the states that always vote red, will lose some states that might vote red as the more that there is shown of Mitt the less presidential and more out of touch he seems. Just like Kerry was for the Dems.

Come Nov, Barry will win and it'll be 4 more years of the middle right presidency. I don't get why the right wingers hate him... he's continued everything GWB started and made things even worse with regard to taking/usurping liberty.

Derek

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I am a registered voter in Ohio. I will not be voting for Romney/Ryan. I will again be voting for Obama. Romney scares the hell of me frankly. And then with Ryan on board and his budget forget about it. I have talked to a few other people here who feel the same way so we will wait till November and see how things go.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamherefornow
I am a registered voter in Ohio. I will not be voting for Romney/Ryan. I will again be voting for Obama. Romney scares the hell of me frankly. And then with Ryan on board and his budget forget about it. I have talked to a few other people here who feel the same way so we will wait till November and see how things go.

I am also a registered voter in Ohio and I can tell you that me and just about everyone I know hates romney more than obama. The only people I have heard of wanting to vote for this guy are my parents and my uncle...mostly becaue they sit in front of fox news everyday.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Ben Franklin

Good day.....

You're right, they do deserve better. But I am not willing to sell out their freedoms for "national security".

You may be willing to do so, but don't come crying to me when you have no freedoms.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

The economy would take off if - uncertainty - was removed. Right now we are stuck in - stagnation -. GDP 1.5% That is a disgrace. We deserve better than that

Your right it is a disgrace. So why did the republicans vote down the tax plan that would bring jobs back to America?

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Republicans made a law suppressing the voting time in Ohio, they must be terrified if they have to cheat.

On Election Day 2004, long lines and widespread electoral dysfunctional marred the results of the presidential election in Ohio, whose electoral votes ended up handing George W. Bush a second term. “The misallocation of voting machines led to unprecedented long lines that disenfranchised scores, if not hundreds of thousands, of predominantly minority and Democratic voters,” found a post-election report by Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee. According to one survey, 174,000 Ohioans, 3 percent of the electorate, left their polling place without voting because of the interminable wait. (Bush won the state by only 118,000 votes).

After 2004, Ohio reformed its electoral process by adding thirty-five days of early voting before Election Day, which led to a much smoother voting experience in 2008. The Obama campaign used this extra time to successfully mobilize its supporters, building a massive lead among early voters than John McCain could not overcome on Election Day.

In response to the 2008 election results, Ohio Republicans drastically curtailed the early voting period in 2012 from thirty-five to eleven days, with no voting on the Sunday before the election, when African-American churches historically rally their congregants to go to the polls. (Ohio was one of five states to cut back on early voting since 2010.) Voting rights activists subsequently gathered enough signatures to block the new voting restrictions and force a referendum on Election Day. In reaction, Ohio Republicans repealed their own bill in the state legislature, but kept a ban on early voting three days before Election Day (a period when 93,000 Ohioans voted in 2008), adding an exception for active duty members of the military, who tend to lean Republican. (The Obama campaign is now challenging the law in court, seeking to expand early voting for all Ohioans).

www.cnn.com...
www.thenation.com...

THEN on TOP of the law, they do this

edit on 13-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjamikec

I haven't seen one Romney bumper sticker in Ohio

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

All the OP does is deflect from the issues and continues to parrot talking points regardless if it is relevant to anything you've said prior. It is pointless to even try to have a discussion with him. He is brainwashed beyond repair.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Ben Franklin

Good day.....

You're right, they do deserve better. But I am not willing to sell out their freedoms for "national security".

You may be willing to do so, but don't come crying to me when you have no freedoms.

What do you think the Patriot Act was all about?

- National Security trumps civil liberties -

Bush signed and then Obama signed it and extended it.

- Patriot Act - ACLU Very quiet when Obama in White House

You get mugged and groped by the TSA when you enter the airport.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join