It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Psychics Read Other Psychics ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: yourmaker

I'm not a FIRM believer in the power of 'psychic', but sometimes i'm proven wrong through my own 'abilities'.
That said, I would think that perhaps it's because you out 'power' her,
meaning you would be able to 'read' her but not the other way around due to your 'power' being overbearing.

If anything.

Once when my husband was just sitting down for a psychic reading, the psychic turned to me and asked me to leave the room (a room as big as a gymnasium) because I was interfering with her ability to read; which I obliged her. So, I would have to agree with your assessment. Also, just my take on this, is that the ability to read may be a haphazard thing, in that, some people have the ability to turn it on right away, while others need tools, while others may not be able to do readings on demand. I also notice that psychics may have a problem interpreting what they are reading and therefore I think that they should ask the readee (psychic or not) what they think it means, rather than tell the readee what they think it means.

To OP: I hope that answers your question in a roundabout way.
edit on 02CST08America/Chicago05580828 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: seaside sky

Maybe there was just nothing important to pick up on.

Or

If you knew something that is supposed to happen before it does and it would change some greater outcome,then you probably wouldn't be allowed access to that information from the powers that be.

Perhaps it is for your own good to not know.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:12 AM
link   
If you are truly a sensitive -- perhaps you feel the invasion -- blocking it.

It's possible that after that one sensitive clearly read you -- you put up protections blocking it from happening again.

So, I'd say - - start with yourself. Do a protection "prayer" first -- then release/free your energy to be experienced by another.

As far as Tarot Cards go - - any prop is just a prop. It gives the "client" something tangible to look at. It makes them feel like your're doing something.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

I think that they should ask the readee (psychic or not) what they think it means, rather than tell the readee what they think it means.

Yes. Many (probably most) sensitives/empaths ability is limited to one specific talent (Claircognizant, Emotionally Receptive, Physically Receptive, etc.)

TV shows like Medium are fun, but unrealistic.

It's not like watching a movie. You sense, you get symbols, etc - - - and then you have to interpret from those.

A true sensitive asks questions for clarity of what they sense (its not prompting).

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: InTheLight

I think that they should ask the readee (psychic or not) what they think it means, rather than tell the readee what they think it means.

Yes. Many (probably most) sensitives/empaths ability is limited to one specific talent (Claircognizant, Emotionally Receptive, Physically Receptive, etc.)

TV shows like Medium are fun, but unrealistic.

It's not like watching a movie. You sense, you get symbols, etc - - - and then you have to interpret from those.

A true sensitive asks questions for clarity of what they sense (its not prompting).

Exactly.

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I see you caring for people (perhaps animals).

I see you in some field health related.

I bet you like going to the zoo, but feel empathy for the animals because they are not free.

I sense you like overcast weather to bright sunlight. It has an ethereal mystical feel to it that "tingles" your energy.

EDIT: I did pick up school/education too. But, it's not clear. It's like you are a teacher, in school, or you want to pursue a field of education.

edit on 10-2-2019 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Most people just assume a psychic knows what they are seeing.

It can get really confusing if you try to figure out the meaning yourself sometimes.
It is always best to tell what you see and feel without trying to make sense out if it.
That is up to the client to help find the meaning.

I remember one of my bosses asking me if I saw anything once, and I saw this old man's head floating in the air just kind of hovering there, so I described him to her and it turns out t was her dad. I had no idea about why he would just be a floating smiling head...until she told me he died of diabetes. Lost his toe, then foot, then leg....etc.
He used to joke about soon being just a head.

It all made sense after she explained, but I would of never of understood that.
edit on 10-2-2019 by Darkblade71 because: typonese

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71
a reply to: Annee

Most people just assume a psychic knows what they are seeing.

It can get really confusing if you try to figure out the meaning yourself sometimes.
It is always best to tell what you see and feel without trying to make sense out if it.
That is up to the client to help find the meaning.

I remember one of my bosses asking me if I saw anything once, and I saw this old man's head floating in the air just kind of hovering there, so I described him to her and it turns out t was her dad. I had no idea about why he would just be a floating smiling head...until she told me he died of diabetes. Lost his toe, then foot, then leg....etc.
He used to joke about soon being just a head.

It all made sense after she explained, but I would of never of understood that.

Cool. I have one like that too.

Don't have time right now to elaborate.

If you're a person who's had these experiences - - you know there's something more going on than we know.

I you're a person who has never had these type experiences - - of course you're gonna be skeptical.

Just wish the skeptics would be nice about it

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Yes, but good psychics can also put up false energy facades that screw with the others. I've had it done to me. I am not deceitful so I don't do it to others.

Btw, everyone is psychic. Some people just don't know it yet.
edit on 13-2-2019 by Dwagon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   
interesting question

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaside sky
Do psychics and fortune tellers have a hard time doing readings for others with similar talents?

I just came back from a psychic reading- one of my friends had a psychic over to her house for a day of readings. Everyone else had a real spine-tingling spooky "how did she know that?" experience. But for me, it was a let down. She didn't pick up on anything very profound, and certainly nothing she couldn't have deduced in very ordinary ways.

I've read tarot for many years, and while I do not do it professionally, I have been told by many, many people over the years that I have the "gift."

Of course, it's hard to do any readings for yourself.

Over the years, from time to time I've paid the fee for a psychic reading. Only once has the result been impressive- and that time was stunningly accurate ! For years now I've been trying to find someone who could read like that woman did. But it just never happens.

I don't go into these sessions with a critical attitude, and I'm certainly not a non-believer. Everyone has their own method for reading cards or channelling messages, and I'm in no way snobbish as far as believing my method is better than someone else's. The one psychic who did read me well had a system that was nothing at all like mine. I go into sessions with a good attitude and open mind and spirit.

No psychic I've ever been to had any idea that I do tarot readings myself.

I've never actually done a reading for anyone who is a reader themselves. Is there some reason that psychics have trouble reading other psychics ?

yea here is proof.

deny all ignorance
edit on 4-4-2019 by Nemox42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 29 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The South Park clip is what came to mind haha

posted on Aug, 21 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   

edit on 21-8-2019 by Nemox42 because: a witch made me do it

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

From what I've seen it's quite possible for someone else to tune into something going on for you, but I don't know that it's a gift as much as it's some people just were born with all cylinders firing. For the rest it can be learned. Like every other skill it takes practice, it's not like just flipping a light switch.

Back to the original question.

I ran into a reader who quite bluntly told me years ago that most would not be able to help me as to do so would push them past things they didn't know about (yet) and be harmful to them. She was blunt, direct and most certainly not fooling around. Needless to say I was a bit pissed off, she however while laughing was very kind about it but firm.

She refused my donation, made me a cuppa and said any ethical reader admits it if they seriously can't help you. Problem is not many are ethical. Another reader friend of mine NEVER read more than twice a year for any client since it was pointless as events needed time to play out based on how the client handled the "potentials" within the information given.

Equally included in ethics is relaying any information to another person regardless of if it makes any sense to the "seer". It's not the reader/seer's call on filtering for another person.

Anyhoos...What that nice lady told me has always stuck with me. Somethings aren't meant for everyone. I think of it that way instead of everyone claiming abilities is a scam artist.

posted on Sep, 27 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I guess the clips we post show our age, as the Southpark clip referenced was not my first thought but the Croneberg Movie Scanners came to mind, thus I am over 40 but I can link clips on ATS
, there must be some hope

edit on 27-9-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: spacing

top topics

<< 1   >>

join