It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Psychics Read Other Psychics ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Do psychics and fortune tellers have a hard time doing readings for others with similar talents?

I just came back from a psychic reading- one of my friends had a psychic over to her house for a day of readings. Everyone else had a real spine-tingling spooky "how did she know that?" experience. But for me, it was a let down. She didn't pick up on anything very profound, and certainly nothing she couldn't have deduced in very ordinary ways.

I've read tarot for many years, and while I do not do it professionally, I have been told by many, many people over the years that I have the "gift."

Of course, it's hard to do any readings for yourself.

Over the years, from time to time I've paid the fee for a psychic reading. Only once has the result been impressive- and that time was stunningly accurate ! For years now I've been trying to find someone who could read like that woman did. But it just never happens.

I don't go into these sessions with a critical attitude, and I'm certainly not a non-believer. Everyone has their own method for reading cards or channelling messages, and I'm in no way snobbish as far as believing my method is better than someone else's. The one psychic who did read me well had a system that was nothing at all like mine. I go into sessions with a good attitude and open mind and spirit.

No psychic I've ever been to had any idea that I do tarot readings myself.

I've never actually done a reading for anyone who is a reader themselves. Is there some reason that psychics have trouble reading other psychics ?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
I've never actually done a reading for anyone who is a reader themselves. Is there some reason that psychics have trouble reading other psychics ?

I'm not a FIRM believer in the power of 'psychic', but sometimes i'm proven wrong through my own 'abilities'.
That said, I would think that perhaps it's because you out 'power' her,
meaning you would be able to 'read' her but not the other way around due to your 'power' being overbearing.

If anything.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'm not sure, but I do know they have psychic battles!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

I think psychic abilities and using them are supposed to be "permission-based".

If you are a psychic, you have the awareness to raise your blockers and boundaries against Psychic vampires, and aren't aware of the prying going on-whether real, or imagined.

One may not subconsciously want to be read, while pursuing a reading...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
maybe its like positive and negative magnetic fields...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I've never seen any good evidence for the existence of psychic powers.. and I've seen many professional psychics get busted lying or using tricks .. such as ear pieces having information fed to them by a third party ..

There was a post on ATS recently that told the story of a man who was listed as one of the top 10 psychics in the world or something like that and he came out with a book basically admitting he was a fake .. he said all psychics are fake.. I wish I could find that post.

James Randi has busted so many psychics in his time.. one of my favorite examples is when Uri Geller got exposed on the Johnny Carson show ... ( Uri also got busted with a hidden camera at a restaurant once.. that was funny too )

But here's the video where Uri got exposed ... and Uri is considered, or was at one time... to be one of the best on the planet..

Any psychic that is able to prove they are psychic have a one million dollar check waiting for them.. and in all these years.. not one person has been able to ..

edit on 8/12/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Interesting ideas, thank you all ! (That video was funny, too- thanks!)

The energy conflict and subconscious blocking could explain a lot. Perhaps I'm just not on the right sort of wavelength as many others and it creates a communication block. And, maybe, the first reply was on to something in that perhaps I was sort of reading her while she was trying to read me.

Very frustrating though- I have some issues I really want a good psychic reading on.

Has anyone else experienced this ? It must be fairly common.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I've never seen any good evidence for the existence of psychic powers..
But- will you?

There was a post on ATS recently that told the story of a man who was listed as one of the top 10 psychics in the world or something like that and he came out with a book basically admitting he was a fake .. he said all psychics are fake.. I wish I could find that post.

James Randi has busted so many psychics in his time.. one of my favorite examples is when Uri Geller got exposed on the Johnny Carson show ... ( Uri also got busted with a hidden camera at a restaurant once.. that was funny too )

But here's the video where Uri got exposed ... and Uri is considered, or was at one time... to be one of the best on the planet..

Any psychic that is able to prove they are psychic have a one million dollar check waiting for them.. and in all these years.. not one person has been able to ..

edit on 8/12/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

You've never felt a friends' presence in the same room with you? Does his presence leave with him? How do you know?

You are psychic, where's my check?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Any person with the "gift" as you said is able to feel others energy in a way that would tell them that they too have the "gift".

Alas, i've never dealt with the north american side of this sort of stuff and I've come to realize, through reading lots of experiences here on ATS, things are very different from my small european country perspective. I'm not sure if it's a cultural thing or not but it's a pretty different approach across the pond.

With that said, a "proper" psychic should be able to read for other psychics, in my understand, unless you're blocked off or are blocking yourself any kind of reading.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What are psychic senses?

However, what many people are unaware of, is that every person has an innate psychic side within, but these hidden talents are yet to be discovered.

Reasoning and understanding are two 'senses' we all have, but have not been educated about; because it's extra sensory perception, IMHO.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Umm, maybe real psychics can. My brother that practices Wicca took me, a Christian, to visit a friend of his who just happens to read Tarot cards. He paid her to read me and I was skeptical to begin with. My brother told me not to tell her that he did not come from our home, that he was born in Essex England and we have different mothers. The truth is, he is ashamed of the poverty and dysfunction of our childhood and created a persona to present to people.

Well, as skeptical as I am anyway she proceeds. First she does the astrological chart. I kept asking her to explain to me what she was saying but did not, so I said I would go research it on the internet when I get home. Then she does the Tarot and pulls a card out and says it is the best card in the deck, I asked why it was and she did not tell me why but told me to put my hand on it because it will get warm. It only stuck to my hand because the waxy top of the coffee table was drawing in humidity from the summer day.

All the information she knew from me came because she kept asking me questions that were easily answered and to which I had to purposely feed her, because I knew she did not have a clue about me. In fact, many things I had to suggest to her to ask.

Was she a real psychic? I do not think so but my brother does and has faith in her. That's why these things work, their prophecies become self-fulfilling because a hearer remembers something and will do things to cause it to happen. You could say it happens because you made it happen. That is not prophetic by any means.

A true psychic would have picked up that he made up a persona to begin with and he was not who he said he was. She would have known already that I knew she was full of boloney.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

It's because they are cold readers. People can be very intuitive. Most of our communication is non-verbal. Some things are going to be spot on and some aren't. We tend to focus on the right and forget all that was wrong. That said, John Edwards claimed he was told by psychic that he was psychic.

posted on Nov, 11 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DaTroof

As soon as I read "psychic battles" I was about to go get the same clip from south park lolol.

posted on Jul, 19 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Personally, I do believe in "psychics" and mediums, in a sense. But the names have been so badly abused and misconstrued that it really doesn't give real ones a chance.
When I say "in a sense" it's because I don't think someone has mega scene images that come into their heads and they can foresee everyone's future "just cuz". That doesn't even make sense on a logical term cuz either way, if they exist in any form, they're gonna Have to be using a more significant amount of brain capacity to do it. Which, if it's ANYTHING like trying to have control in a lucid dream (which i'be been doing my whole life. I thought everyone had like a dozen dreams all night every night, til I saw a doctor for a sleep issue in my 20's.... nothing like having a neurologist flat out say "ummmm, that's not normal" and look kinda spooked lol). But ya, when the Leo dicaprio movie came out I watched a few minutes of it while I was cleaning working at the theater and the part that got my attention was that u don't remember the dream starting. And I stopped, it's totally true. Ur like flash warped into the middle of a situation and it's go time. I digress, I could go on and on about Dream World, which by the way. NEVER wish for anyone to have, it's exhausting, it's bad dreams every single nite, and I mean Every nite, so it might sound cool, but it's not, it has no good things that come from it, that i've found anyways, and anyone u tell thinks Ur a liar or a freak.)
Back to my original point lol. SQUIRREL!
When I started being able to actually make things happen (another movie reference just to speed things up) it was like in the movie Ghost where he could knock over a pop can but it takes a lot out of u. Same thing in dream world and I did very little. The hardest part is realizing you'really actually in Dream World. Ugh, stopping there cuz i'm going off subject again... so for a person, here in Regular World, to be able to tap into that ability seems like it would be extremely draining, like, maybe one short reading a week, for people not just having fun, but are desperate. Like.... ummm, well, cops would probably snag all the real ones to help solve murders or abductions. As they should, those are life or death and while "psychic powerers" are fun and entertaining, 'psychic ability' should be verified, acknowledged, and d*mn near worshipped.
It's not a skill, you can't learn it like you can learn to draw. It's a talent/gift you have to be born with and can improve upon like singing.

Now. Waaaaaay back to the original point, I think if two, true psychics or if we use my term "senowers" (sensors/knowers, I need to start a blog for all my weird rambles lol) but if two of them, real ones, we're to be asked to read another... they would be hesitant and curious because that's almost like challenging your gift and insulting another's at the same time, but you know they're really curious to know too.
But I think the result would be a little disappointing. Cuz u would expect pretty cool results right? But what do most 'real' psychics usually pick up on, daily everyday stuff. Things with family or work. Just helping clear things up for people. I really doubt they would both walk in the room, look at each other, and suddenly know the big earthquake is about to rip California apart.

So! Props to anyone that actually read all this lol, my final answer is: Yes, I do believe psychics can read other psychics, but they're probably not gonna have any profound wisdom since real psychics are pretty self aware already.
The end lol

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Just my own opinion: Depends.

Depends how open the other person is or allows themselves.
As ultimately your knowledges and histories are noone else but yours.
Noone really gains access to your inner most deepest unless you let them in.

As such the full sharing of those tends to come via mutual agreement - of it being shared and of it being received.

I'm nobody, just an ordinary Joe-Blow...
Do recall walking into a Cosmopolitan Club where I lived once, and already present was a person who has featured on regular TV Shows around psychic abilities (Sensing Murder - a New Zealand TV Series of many years prior)
She was being mobbed by people, surrounding her, I could *feel* her the moment I walked in...just walking in to have a quiet dinner and a beer. Turned towards this clustered group of people, and she stood up, looked directly at me, smiled and nodded. She *felt* me too.

So yeah.
Like recognises like.
Doesn't mean like gets to read like unless allowed.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
i didnt think about it before. well, i should start thinking with the terms psychic perhaps.

posted on Aug, 26 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
My own experience, I feel a physical sensation or pitch sound when there is a penetration of psychic energy. Woman are particularly good at psychic projection, because the store more of the energy in their womb.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I started mediumship around 20 years ago. I don't get involved much now as people always want to know the future and that's something I cant control.

The way I see it is i'm a medium, I pass on info from the other side. If that involves a future incident then so be it but 90% of the time it was just a memory they wanted to pass on, to be remembered and give comfort to the person who wanted the reading.

Most of the time it was just like 2 old friends going over the past and discussing concerns of the present.

I never done a reading on another medium but I did have one done on me by a medium friend, Derek. We hadn't seen each other for years and I just thought one day, yeah have a reading done and see what happens.

He was surprised to see me lol (should have known I was coming) and said he didn't know why I was there as I should be able to do it myself. It's easy to tell yourself something, but how did I know it was right? I just wanted to see if what I could see was real.

He told me a few things and was accurate but a lot was vague and generalised. No worse than any other readings I'd had.

At the time, I was having issues with a girl. He picked up on this and said it would all be ok eventually but to be careful as she was a bit dangerous. He could see her standing outside my house, staring. Bloody hell I thought.

Eventually, the issue was resolved with no problems. About a year later I was out and bumped into an old friend, Lorna. I went out with her sister but knew her first.

She said she had seen me on several occasions and I had walked right past her. I never knew, never seen her. She thought I just didn't want to speak to her as her sister had ended things.

She was working for a company based near where I live and she would get the bus home from outside my house. Almost every night for a few months she would see me. I never noticed lol.

She said you live in the block of flats at the bus stop, one up on the left. No I said. I was ground floor.

She was watching me enter the building and had seen a light go on in one of the flats and assumed it was me.

That's what Derek could see, just put 2 & 2 together and assumed it was all related.

All depends on who is doing the reading and how good they are.
edit on 1-10-2018 by Nostranova because: typo

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Depends on who you ask but I believe in some cases they can, especially if one is much stronger than the other.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join