It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola reports return. Trucker suspected in Kenya!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well, I was very relieved to have first heard the patients in Kenya had come out negative. At least it appeared that way. Now the news is reporting a Truck Driver just returning from Uganda is displaying symptoms. I'm not sure how much worse a profession can get in terms of carrying a lethal disease. When travel is the enemy, a trucker sure isn't what anyone wants to hear...already bleeding and that far along!

A truck driver who recently returned from Uganda has been indisposed and medical practitioners are investigating if he has contracted ebola hemorrhagic fever.

Friday evening the Coast Provincial Public Health Officer Anisa Omar confirmed an unnamed patient who was bleeding from several orifices had been taken to a private hospital in Mombasa.

The patient has been admitted and segregated at the private Aga Khan Hospital in Mombasa together with four other people, all Kenyan, including a nurse who came in close contact with him at the institution when he came to seek treatment.

Medical authorities have been on the alert following the eruption of the fever in Uganda because thousands of Ugandans and Kenya live and gravel between the two East African nations.
Source

I was starting to feel better that perhaps this had passed after all. Now I think back to the message/alert that was sent out stating the incubation for this strain was a few days to as long as 2 weeks. I sure hope he was the withdrawn, shy type. Let's all hope it's something else and not what it appears to be!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm sure nothing will happen!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
When you said 'truck driver' my first thought was "here, in America?" Then I thought of Hillary Clinton, who has been in Kenya and Uganda this month promoting US policies... Wasn't she seen shaking hands and hugging officials over there?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Wrabbit. Everytime a thread like this one gets posted, all I can think about is the recent movie Contagion...it's only a matter of time....

Des

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Wrabbit. Everytime a thread like this one gets posted, all I can think about is the recent movie Contagion...it's only a matter of time....

Des

Loved this movie but had to watch it alone. My friends won't watch this kind of realistic stuff.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
Loved this movie but had to watch it alone. My friends won't watch this kind of realistic stuff.

Why? It wasn't nearly brutal enough. Needed to see some seriously sick people. The flu virus in that movie needed to be long term spreadable Ebola Virus... Bloody orifices and all.
edit on 12-8-2012 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I actually made a point of skipping that movie. I'm glad you did enjoy it. When this year is done and behind us with nothing more than debt from Christmas presents and a bad hangover from New Years, I may well go rent it or catch it from On-Demand. It looks good....II didn't want that imagery fresh for what I figured was coming in Swine Flu threats and all the rest.

This Ebola thing has been unexpected...at least the way the story keeps dying down and then kicking right back up with an entirely new set of reports in a totally new location. It isn't supposed to go like this.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Uh...I'm In Kenya, So when I stop posting, Get worried! happy?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

Why? It wasn't nearly brutal enough. Needed to see some seriously sick people. The flu virus in that movie needed to be long term spreadable Ebola Virus... Bloody orifices and all.

I have a hard time watching the news and what's happening in the middle east, Not by garbage from Hollywood.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow

I have a hard time watching the news and what's happening in the middle east, Not by garbage from Hollywood.

Yeah, real news is hard to watch, but the movie is quite good. Nothing like that trashy, popcorn movie OUTBREAK which, incidentally enough, is about an ebola outbreak on American soil.

If you get a chance watch Contagion. They did some good research on this from virologists, CDC and science in general.
edit on 12-8-2012 by texasgirl because: Corrected a badly worded sentence

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

But Ebola is limited in spreading. It isn't airborne. Smallpox would be very scary, especially the Marburg kind. Or SARS...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Uh...I'm In Kenya, So when I stop posting, Get worried! happy?

I for one am Not Happy for you ... That could be a very "Scary" situation very soon('
')..Sadly enough this falls in Line w/ the way ...I use this word Lightly.."Prophecy" Keeps Popping up in Relevant Terms ..Especially the past few .. Months ... all the Earth Changes Mass Population Die offs of Multiple Animal Species Weekly..Drought Engulfing the U.S....Now Killer Disease Threatening ... It's Getting to the point Where It's VERY Hard to Ignore all these "Signs" of Something MAJOR Building up... Or am I Just Reading to Far into it...?('
')
edit on 12-8-2012 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

There's no way that was ebola, but I've watched it...got about 3/4 through and fell asleep. I hope my post wasn't offensive in anyway...I just find it disturbing that so many members on U.S soil are panicking, leaving me no choice but to face palm!

It happens every year, Trust me..

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

There's no way that was ebola, but I've watched it...got about 3/4 through and fell asleep. I hope my post wasn't offensive in anyway...I just find it disturbing that so many members on U.S soil are panicking, leaving me no choice but to face palm!

Yeah, that's why the movie was so dumb. You didn't miss anything in the end, had a sitcom-type happy ending. No, your post wasn't offensive at all. I am fascinated by viruses and other mysterious happenings. I have books on viruses: Pandemic; Flu; The Hot Zone; Demon in the Freezer; The Worst Plagues in History; and so on... (Could this be why I am still single? LOL)

We're not panicking but we are alert. Right now we have the West Nile Virus on our doorstep here in Dallas County. So far there are 9 deaths and over 150 infected.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DjembeJedi

Now Killer Disease Threatening ... It's Getting to the point Where It's VERY Hard to Ignore all these "Signs" of Something MAJOR Building up... Or am I Just Reading to Far into it...?('')

I'll give you a hint, worry about the flu..watch the next strain that comes out after H1N1.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Personally, I'm not panicking and I'd noted in my thread some days ago about Ebola suspected in Tanzania that panic certainly isn't warranted. It may never be. My concern in this is really only on one line of thought. Viruses seem to have a nasty habit of mutating when left to their own devices for too long and among too wide a population.

I like the fact Ebola normally hits in rural areas and is SO lethal and SO fast moving, it literally burns itself right out by killing or missing everyone it can touch before having the time to spread. Thats how the books on it read, anyway. It seems to me that the longer it's bouncing around in populated areas, the more opportunity it has to mutate. A mutation with an Airborne development would be the point where I start paying full time attention...and then AFTER that, if one is confirmed in the U.S., as airborne...well.. That would be a dandy time to panic.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

I think we're all tuned into this because Ebola has scary symptoms. Bleeding from all orifices of your body, blood-red eyes, insides turning to mush...

West Nile is dangerous but symptons are more flu-like. We can also protect ourselves by not going outside between dawn and dusk or by wearing mosquito repellant. No one really knows where Ebola came from.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

It's already infected people with HIV and that was a scare a couple of years ago. We thought the virus would mutate drastically but overall nothing happened, I understand where you're coming from though. I've been in and out of this country since I was a child and It's happened so many times that I'm probably used to hearing all this.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

I really appreciate your input here. Someone in another place saying what you are wouldn't do a thing to reassure me. However, your actually being there and now sharing that it's a land your familiar with over a long period of time, I am somewhat reassured. I'm nowhere near off my alert to anything on this topic, but a bit reassured. I'd wondered when writing the OP, just what the people actually living there thought about all this. Panic? Worry? Maybe didn't even care?

You seem to fall toward the latter, but in an educated and confident way....not foolhardy like some who post things.

Thanks for the inside information 'from the scene', as it were.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

My girl friends are horrified by these types of movies and my guy friends simply didn't want to see their 'hottie' (Paltrow) die!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join