It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Arguments for the Elimination of Capitalism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Con't: It's not a take over nor coup, its just destroy the USA as they know it and let some thing new emerge.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnarchist
Here's an interesting idea: imagine a world where you worked because you wanted to work, not because you had (ie. were forced) to. (AKA paid slavery). That's what true economic freedom is. It's a pipe dream, I know, but it's a nice concept, is it not? Imagine if all your needs were met from birth til death, that you didn't have to sell your precious time in exchange for food and shelter and energy, and that all you had to do with your life was contribute to society in whichever manner you most wanted to. Lord knows we can make it happen if we wanted to. But what do you think would happen? Do you think the world would collapse in a heap of dry and lazy bones? Or do you think we would prosper like never before at the new-found passion humanity was allowed to pursue?

When humans follow their passion, they generally produce impressive results. When the passion is drained out of them, they generally don't produce much at all. And that's where we're at. What are we gonna do about it?

edit on 12/8/2012 by TheAnarchist because: ~

Thank you.
Very nice.
But very threatening to those who are free in the current system (read rich).
Think the main reason we have this system is the power some get over others.
And they don't want to give up that power.
Has anyone done the math on the wealth of every person if all wealth were evenly distributed?
Beacause I think freedom for all could be.

posted on Aug, 28 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

I agree with you to an extent. I don't think Capitalism should be eliminated. However, I do believe that some industries should not be held in the private sector. Industries such as Banking, Communications, Energy, and the harvesting of Raw Natural Resources. Simply put, those four industries are essential to modern, first-world life. As such, they should not be held in private hands.

Especially so for the Energy and Raw Natural Resources industries. These resources are limited. I cannot see the logic in allowing a small group of people the ability to make all the profit from limited resources that every human is entitled to. I understand why such industries had to be privatized in the past. The present day is so radically different from some 70-80 years ago; At the time the U.S. was founded we might as well be living on a different planet when compared to the present day. Quotes from the founding fathers and early American business men are irrelevant today(relating to economy & capitalism). Resource reserves are slowly dwindling yet the fortune 500 companies rake in most of the benefit of those resources.

In the case of Communications, our taxes should construct, maintain, and provide these services. Just like roads. Just like public schools. Just like police & fire service. I see no reason for taxpayers to subsidize construction of this infrastructure to have them price gouged for that infrastructure by private hands. Illogical. Take note that I am referring only to the cables and cell towers and the structures that house them. Manufacture of the tools to make use of this infrastructure should always remain in private hands.

In the case of Banking.....I'm not even going to go there. The only thing I'll say is end the Usury.

Take control away from private interests for those four industries listed above. Make them publicly owned. Use our taxes to fund those industries, manage them well, create exteremely stiff penalties for corruption and sell the resources that are harvested to the capitalists. Take the profit from those industries and funnel it directly back to the people in much the same way as shareholders are compensated. It may not come to much money....but I see it much more preferable to have that money go to the people of the nation as opposed to a select few.

Manufacture should always remain in private hands.

Whether you agree or disagree, I hope you enjoyed reading about this pipe dream of mine. It would never happen. This is more of a thought experiment than anything else.

posted on Aug, 31 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The bottom line is--

If regular people can't make good decisions they will never be free.

If people can make good decisions then the goverment should be as small as possible.

Giving anything to the government as a starting point is like saying regular people should be pets or slaves.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

The author (and OP) have no idea what capitalism is. REAL capitalism is the use of "capital" or "goods" as a means of production. ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING can be used as capital.
What the author (and OP) probably are referring to is Crony Capitalism, or maybe corporatism. If we had a true free market capitalist society, we would all be a lot better-off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join