It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Americanism and why

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andronian
reply to post by xavi1000

"American people elect US government"....oh that's a good one... you obviously know nothing about civics and the electoral college....I suppose ignorance is bliss.

yes, we are forced to pay taxes...just like you...and where the money goes is beyond most of our control...just like yours.

PEOPLE LET's work together to overthrow that which is standing in our way. And it is not the average "Joe"

We, the people of Earth, wish to life in harmony to our differences and to work side by side to bring this world into a better society.

Peace

Or we could just watch as the greatest perpetrator of 20th century crimes and injustices implodes and takes all of its ¨legacy¨ with it?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

You make 0 sense. Where do you want me to criticise myself? Perhaps I should make a thread and give running commentary on my life. Do you want that?

I want you to be polite when addressing nations.

Because you are talking about a group of people that their feelings may hurt.

Then all your posts and tries here are just waste of time.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

Originally posted by Jchristopher5
Not a real big surprise that the world hates America. 50 percent jealousy

Stop right there. Thatś another US American favourite. Apparently, the rest of the world is ¨jealous¨ of the USA. It goes back to my point in the last post I made, US Americans LOVE to claim that they are the greatest nation in the history of mankind, when actually they have nothing when compared to any Scandinavian or Asian country.

Explain why anyone would be Jealous? Is it the healthcare system that leaves the poor to die and rot in the gutter? I don´t think thats the case. Maybe it´s the freedom to vote for all of 2 political parties? Most countries get more of a choice than that, even the poor ones. Come on man, help me out here. I cannot work out what it is we are supposed to be jealous of.
edit on 12-8-2012 by binkman because: (no reason given)

I always like to think of "Anthony in Texas" as the typical American ATS member

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

You make 0 sense. Where do you want me to criticise myself? Perhaps I should make a thread and give running commentary on my life. Do you want that?

I admire your desire for respect. But you need to understand that a few hurt US American feelings is nothing in comparison to the hurt they have allowed their government to inflict on others.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

My country have 150 soldiers in Afghanistan and i have blood on my hands and i admit it and i protested and writed many angry letters to goverment officials when they send our boys in nowehere land. Will you admit it?

And Americans want peace
? Majority of Americans are uneducated ,brainwashed full of false patriotism individuals and if you are not any of them you should shame of your citizens and your goverment .

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

And I don't want Germans to kiss American ass, and that hurts my feelings - who cares.

I'm not going to censor myself because some prissy German nationalists are offended by my highlighting their worship of Americans.

I hope my posts do offend some Germans, and likewise Americans, maybe that will give them pause to think. It'd be long overdue.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
When you talk to an anti-American you will find that they hate our government, not the American people (just like today’s conservatives).
Why do they hate the elite that rules us?
www.thirdworldtraveler.com...
msuweb.montclair.edu...
www.youtube.com...
willblogforfood.typepad.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales

It's because of people like you, as I outlined earlier. But you don't want to hear it. Americans of your creed, the likes of you and neo96 and the op, are the precise reason that nobody bloody likes you.

I'm crushed. Does that mean you won't be friending me on Facebook?

What you support and stand for is what the world despises. If we could fill America up with only the "liberal" Americans that you and neo96 don't like then America would be transformed into an awesome country, I have no doubt.

Ahhh, so it's a liberal vs conservative thing now. Glad to know where you're coming from.

That's the irony of it. It's the self-styled defenders of America, people like you, who generate such sentiment and hostility.

By voicing my opinion? Gee-golly. Guess I'sd better just shut up then, because I might say something that you disagree with.

You can throw around notions of bigotry as much as you like, the bottom line is the world isn't united in bigotry against people from the Cook Islands, Sweden or India. There is a reason America is the focus of attention and, I know you don't want to hear this, it's not because you're super awesome and we're all jealous

If the bigotry/jealousy shoe fits. . . .

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I wish I could. I can only speculate. As I stated in a previous post, poeple use their own nationalistic pride and bigotry when they define or describe America.

I am talking about facts.

Here on ATS , there are people who attack other nations as they are nationalist. But you don't have to be nationalist ,too.

Being nationalist is not different than being racist. Although it is logical to protect your land.

There is nothing for me to hide behind my nationality.

I have done what I have done. Not much. But I face it.

Many American people are taught that they are hated because other nations are jealous. Or because they are lunatics like the lunatic joker in the dark night movie.

That is not true.

That is a tool to use American people in their wars.

+ some people here are talking with reasons and logic. They do blame the govt which is responsible.
edit on 12-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Ahhh, so it's a liberal vs conservative thing now. Glad to know where you're coming from.

Not so much liberal vs conservative, but obviously it's political. Are you only just learning that the world hates America for political reasons? I would have thought it was obvious, by your response you seem to think it's an unusual motive.

Yes, the world loathes American "conservatives". American "conservatives" and imperialist capitalism is hated all over the world.

The only saving grace of America is the "liberals"

You realise that when people speak about "not all Americans are" or when people say "I know not all Americans are bad" etc, etc. The good Americans they refer to are, more often than not, the democrats who aren't f......g INSANE! But are still a little insane, granted.

You might not want to hear this, but it is precisely your "side" of the political spectrum that makes people retch. So, as I told you already, it is because of people like you that nobody likes America. People who Democrats know this. They know it's not their side that makes America hate figure number 1, they know they're not the embarrassment to America that you are. They're still idiots, you'd have to be to vote for a centrist party like the Dems, but at least they've got respectable motives and don't support American imperialism like the rest of 'em

And it's because of the people that people like you hate in America, the "liberal" democrats, that Americans aren't completely hated.

If the bigotry/jealousy shoe fits. . . .

The bigotry shoe does fit. But why. Why does it fit for America and not for Denmark. What is it about America. I guess we're all just jealous. Glad you've got to the bottom of it.
edit on 12-8-2012 by JailTales because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
As long as you have a system of haves vs have nots where the haves make laws legislation and pushing groupthink advertisement hoping the have nots will get fed up not having much and play the haves game of indulgence.
Everyone is going down....no way around it.

I just hope the haves haven't become so arrogant that they think they cannot be harmed because they are the dominant species in the caste.

This is the simplified version where everyone needs to operate from and the universe agrees or,,,,, you can go on to the bitter end.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
george w. bush.
american culture was held to be the ideal,democracy,freedom and the right of the individual to go from zero to hero.
everything changed with the "election" of the intellectually challenged bush jr to the presidency.
this more than anything else did a huge ammount of damage to america's reputation and showed the world in no uncertain terms that democracy in america is an illusion.
The attack on afganistan post 9/11 was justified,no one of a reasonable mind could say bin laden or the taliban didnt have it coming.
The invasion of iraq is a different thing altogether, there were no WMDs, there has never been any credible evidence sadam hussain ever had anything to do with bin laden but there is plenty of evidence linking the bush crime family to the bin laden
terrorist family.
The iraq war2 went against international law (despite america taking on the role of the worlds policeman) the whole world could see the invasion of iraq was always about bush jr looking after his corrupt oil industry buddies, the mess ordinary iraqis were left in after bush declared victory underlines the fact that countles innocent people died in what was little more than a grab for resources and had nothing to do with saving iraqis from an evil dictator.
The constant interferance in middle eastern affairs and bilions of dollars in arms and cash to help prop up the illegal state of israel is a genuine concern to everyone who sees past the american msm propoganda,especially now with the west going for another regime change in syria.
so yes anti american sentement is running high but when you look at the way the USA conducts itself on the international stage,then surely this cant be a surprise?
in the interest of full disclosure im a white male,i live in europe and im not muslim.
There is genuine concern that the USA is going to drag the world into a global conflict with its constant unwanted interferance in middle eastern politics.
maybe you should put your own house in order before trying to dictate to other sovereign nations how they should live.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by erictcartman
george w. bush.

And Americans voted for this idiot two times

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 1/2 Nephilim

"I think the US should witness 1st hand what its like to live in a 2nd/3rd world country for awhile just to get a dose of what the majority of the rest of the world experiences day to day."

Trust me- living in this ****hole country is not doing any of us normal, hardworking, intelligent people one bit of good. Why have we not done anything about it? We're being kept busy trying to simply LIVE. The living is NOT easy.

I also agree 100% with the article at the beginning of this thread- 100%. a vast majority of the people are all those things mentioned, and more. People are more concerned how their furniture looks than someone starving down their street- Praise Jeebus for their parking space at the mall, or their good fortune finding something on the cheap than go help someone who is in desperate need, and would rather cozy up with the Kardashians and Dancing with the Stars than reading, and banding together to fix what's left of this joint. People will literally try to run you over with their cars if you opt to walk!

Anti American? I *LIVE* here, and I'm anti American!

Let the (f)lamers begin.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
theres people that will ride for hours in a box with no food & water to get in America,i dont see anybody wanting to be smuggled into any other country ....
God Bless AMERICA is a fighting words, makes them mad...hmm??

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Originally posted by sonnny1
The United States is blamed for much that is bad in the Arab World, and it is used as an excuse for political and social oppression and economic stagnation. By assigning responsibility for their own shortcomings to Washington, Arab leaders distract their subjects' attention from internal weakness that are their real problems And thus rather then pushing for greater privatization, equality for woman, democracy, civil society, freedom of speech, due process of law, or other similar developments sorely needed in the Arab World, the public focuses instead of hating the United States.

yes ofcourse. but still if we look at history. we see that there is a bad thought among some US decision makers. they think that if people come to power and monarchy collapses their influence may plunge while these monarchies are in charge of radicalism. there are many nations living in US because this country has many goodnesses and potentials. if the political system of this country was more respectful towards other nation's right. it's influence would boost rapidly throughout the world even far more than Russia and China. but when people see that they just insist on their double standards even in their speakings, then nations regard that some sort of treason. direct military intervention is always a bad solution. MIDDLE EASTERNS ARE NOT ANTI_AMERICA THEY ARE PRO THEIR RIGHTS.
let me show you the real anti_americans:
AIPAC
en.wikipedia.org...
Bilderberg
andromida.hubpages.com...
Rothschild Banksters
www.moneyteachers.org...

they are not just the enemy of USA, also the middle east, but the whole world !

edit on 12-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
I have just two things to say:
We beat the crap out of you in the Olympics.
We landed on Mars.

Anything else???

Bam baby!

edit on 11-8-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

congratulations! but there are people from many nations working in NASA

edit on 12-8-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

reply to post by beezzer

One uses reason and comparrison to validate a point and the other uses their own nationalism and bigotry to justify their hatred.

Why should anyone hate American people ?

Because they enable their government to commit massive crimes throughout the world with their sickening ambivalence and apathy.

Because of the attitude within their society that has convinced them that they, as US Americans are a better quality and more worthy person than any other.

Because they continue to make ignorant, horriffically insulting comments about other countries (especially ww2 topics) which play down the losses and efforts of others in favour of their own.

Because they refuse to understand why they are hated, yet act like they are victims of the worlds aggression.

Because they lecture the world on democracy over every single internet forum, despite living in a country with only 2 possible voting choices.

Because they regularly lecture the world on how they are from the greatest nation in the history of mankind, despite the rest of the world seeing clearly that every single aspect of their country is substandard in comparison to most others

Because they consume an inordinate amount of scarce world resources despite their smallish population size with absolutely no thought for those who suffer for it, and they expect people to continue suffering just so they can fill up their 1800 litre engined pickup truck.

There are more.

And yet.........you can't stop talking about us. I wonder why?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Your help comes at the high price, my country learned that after the Yugoslav war.

Sorry but i see US as bully on the block. Everyone is scared of him so some will join him while others will try to stay away from him. Sometimes when its in his interest this bully will offer candy to someone but he will ask back for a lot more...

I do not hate American people but i do hate your foreign policy.
edit on 12/8/12 by dario86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Only in America can you can shoot a whole group of people & still get 3 meals a day, feed a whole family put your kids threw school on visa. & public aid,
say what you want, because you can, im paying for my freedom of choice at the gas pump. i dont bitch about America i have fun saying Merry Christmas instead of happy holiday because i can. .thats why they hate America.
obama says we will, i say only if i want to....GOD BLESS AMERICA .
when the giant eats all the goldn eggs...only some of use will know how to live in America.
some still thank milk comes in a bottle,lmfao because i can

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join