It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Americanism and why

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Andronian

Old white man with nothing better to do than fight over resources, money and who has the better god is what I see out of a lot of western governments these days. As for governments here in Asia, they fight over resources, money and who gets to write the history books. On the both sides of the planet it is very sad.

These days it has gotten more intense due to the common people being more involved; which is a direct result of the internet.
edit on 12-8-2012 by freedomwv because: grammar

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022

And yet.........you can't stop talking about us. I wonder why?

Because your government is the single most powerful ruling body on the planet by a massive margin. Your population is tasked with voting in these people, which means that your people play a massive part in the future of the world. Likewise, your reaction to events plays a massive part in what happens in the world. For as long as US Americans remain apathetic to the actions of their governments, the US Government will continue to run roughshod over the world and international laws.

That is why we talk about you, but please don´t mistake our talking about you as a sign of approval. We talk about you because talking about you is part and parcel of living in the worlds most powerful nation state.

We´d much rather talk about other things, but in these political times, we cannot.
edit on 12-8-2012 by binkman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by binkman

If I may, where do you hail from? What kind of crimes do you personally allow your gov't to get away with? I love peace, diversity, and progress and I'm an American, and I'm proud of that. So when my gov't sends my brothers and friends to another country, with body armor, weapons and vehicles of destruction, please forgive me if I don't pull a "Tenement Square". There is nothing I can do but write my congressman. I'll wager whatever country your from, there isn't much more you could do about it.
'

'

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Why the Anti-Americanism?

How about:

Fascist police

Big Brother pt1

A tax on kid's parties

Economy sacrificed for contrived wars

Election lies

Big Brother pt2

And thats' just todays front page

edit on 12-8-2012 by McGinty because: clarity

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

Originally posted by RobinB022

And yet.........you can't stop talking about us. I wonder why?

Because your government is the single most powerful ruling body on the planet by a massive margin. Your population is tasked with voting in these people, which means that your people play a massive part in the future of the world. Likewise, your reaction to events plays a massive part in what happens in the world. For as long as US Americans remain apathetic to the actions of their governments, the US Government will continue to run roughshod over the world and international laws.

That is why we talk about you, but please don´t mistake our talking about you as a sign of approval. We talk about you because talking about you is part and parcel of living in the worlds most powerful nation state.

We´d much rather talk about other things, but in these political times, we cannot.

our population is tasked with going to the voting poll and pretending to be casting votes that make a difference. We have an electoral college, completely apart and seperate from the voters. They can actually affect the outcome. Also the electoral college is a front for an even greater power that puts the people it wants on the throne. Did you know every 4 years Americans are given 2 people to choose to be president? dems and repubs, how is that a choice? we go to the polls to give the illusion of freedom, nothing more. I dont choose my president, anymore than you choose my president. Your complete ignorance to the facts are amazing.

For example, in the presidential election between George W. Bush and John Kerry, did you know they both went to the same college, they are distantly related and they were both in the secret society of skull and bones, educate yourself please.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacobjones
reply to post by binkman

If I may, where do you hail from? What kind of crimes do you personally allow your gov't to get away with? I love peace, diversity, and progress and I'm an American, and I'm proud of that. So when my gov't sends my brothers and friends to another country, with body armor, weapons and vehicles of destruction, please forgive me if I don't pull a "Tenement Square". There is nothing I can do but write my congressman. I'll wager whatever country your from, there isn't much more you could do about it.
'

'

Tienanmen Square. No country is clean, but you cannot compare my country and yours. You know as well as I do, that the US government has committed crimes and injustices above and beyond any other.

There´s nothing you can do? I know that your constitution dictates the people have the power to take down corrupt governments, the only bit that is missing is the people realising that bombing x country for the sake of oil and finance is illegal and immoral.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

our population is tasked with going to the voting poll and pretending to be casting votes that make a difference. We have an electoral college, completely apart and seperate from the voters. They can actually affect the outcome. Also the electoral college is a front for an even greater power that puts the people it wants on the throne. Did you know every 4 years Americans are given 2 people to choose to be president? dems and repubs, how is that a choice? we go to the polls to give the illusion of freedom, nothing more. I dont choose my president, anymore than you choose my president. Your complete ignorance to the facts are amazing.

Then tear it down. You have that right in your constitution, and your citizens have more firepower than most global militaries. You constantly tell us that you revolted against the Empire because of so-called tyranny, yet you roll over and accept it 200 years later.

For example, in the presidential election between George W. Bush and John Kerry, did you know they both went to the same college, they are distantly related and they were both in the secret society of skull and bones, educate yourself please.

Doesn´t surprise me in the slightest. Probably because I already knew this.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by binkman

'

'

Tienanmen Square. No country is clean, but you cannot compare my country and yours. You know as well as I do, that the US government has committed crimes and injustices above and beyond any other.

There´s nothing you can do? I know that your constitution dictates the people have the power to take down corrupt governments, the only bit that is missing is the people realising that bombing x country for the sake of oil and finance is illegal and immoral.

thanks for the spelling correction. Sure we could try to overthrow the gov't. Just one thing though, you have NO idea what would happen to a group of people in the United States who tried to overthrow the gov't, Americans or otherwise, any group that tried to do that, would be steam-rolled machine gun and tactical nuke style. If you wanna come on over and start something up, gimme a shout

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by binkman

shot guns and rifles don't do anything vs tanks and black hawks

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

what about the fact that the us government kills murderess tyrants and militias the world over every year , that commit genocide on people. if it wasn't for us how do you think world war 2 would have ended ? and I'm not saying this in a cocky way. The movie "The Incredible" (and the super hero complex in general) comes to mind when I see things like this, we try the best we can to do good, but then if we screw one little thing up were seen as evil and unwanted.
I have a wife and 2 kids, am a Chef, work 45 hours a week, and cook homemade meals every day for my family, my beliefs and my culture is to work as hard as I can for my family so my children can grow up and flourish. I am an American.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by binkman

It's terribly unfair to blame each and every American for the sins of the US government & it's military industrial complex. I know many people in the US through my church membership (I'm a quaker), they're some of the most loving, kind & generous people I've ever met and to characterise them and others as do nothings who sit on their backsides all day while government does it's dirty business is genuinely offensive.

And it's a bit rich of you who, like me, is a relative newcomer to ATS to criticise anyone here ... personally I'm still getting the feel for this website, you might be best advised to do the same.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
THe united states is a great nation.

It does however exploit all other nations if they do not open their doors to them (aka give the usa their resources, and open up for usa corps) The USA also feels it has a say on how everyone runs their country especially if they have resources they covet. There are plenty of countries who need help that have little to no resources we need and we send little to no aid there.

The USA usually imports the best talent and resources for the benefit of its people and leaves all the crap for everyonelse. We all here in the USA benefit from this and It is fine by me. I just do not try to believe that our country farts sunshines and rainbows.

The only problem I have is that little by little we are losing rights here in the usa, our standard of living is going down and we will eventually not be the superpower we are today.

I am first generation born here since my family immigrated here.(33) IT has been pointed out that many people try to get here even if they risk dieing. Depending what country you are talking about , some have had all their resources pillaged by the USA to benefit the USA people and not the country of orgin for those resources. Those immigrants know they can benefit from their resources and the resources of every other exploited nation by coming here so they come here to get part of what belongs to them.

Other immigrants who do not have these reasons to immigrate have a government that has a lot of baggage and it hinders freedoms, which is why they come to the USA. Some older countries especially european have too much baggage having to do with old culture and old political culture.

Those are reasons why people immigrate here.

I love the USA it saddens me that it is weakening. We were defeated on 9/11. Regardless of what point of view you take of 9/11. Whether it was an inside job or pissed off arabs hijacking planes. We lost so much and we continue to lose more. Yet we cannot realize what kind of dog and pony show our political system is. THey just pass the hot potato from one party to another and continue doing the same dang things only with a slight twist.

being "anti american" to me is fueled by the usa's success and the envy of other nations. The stereotypical american for foreigners, even for my wife who is russian, is that they are fat, friendly, ignorant and dumb. she does however think the USA is a great country and loves obama because compared to putin he is a saint. I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

IT is also fueled by its continuing of policing the world and labeling any country that does not agree with it and so happens to have some resources the usa needs as evil doers/terrorists/ dictatorship/enemy of democracy.

TO top it off our government lies to us and the world. WMD in iraq?? what did they lie about to us in libiya?? or syria now??

why do they lie?? I wish they would just come out and say. Hey we need these resources, or this country poses a threat to us we need to put a puppet government in that will be friendly to our country and its needs. Be damned if they are a sovereign nation.

The only reason i crap on our foreign policy now is because we do not seem to get any where and we are going broke due to it. I also crap on our country for allowing corporations to legally buy politicians . Every day i see corps take from the common worker and give to the top, which is why we have such a huge gap between the rich and everyone else. It is just maddening to see business execs jump back and forth form politics to the private sector doing favors for each other or jumping into politics to tweak things for themselves then move back to the private sector

edit on 12-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jacobjones

you have obviously never seen the movie "Red Dawn" in gorilla warfare even a .22 semi auto with a drum clip can do a lot of damage

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08
reply to post by trysts

what about the fact that the us government kills murderess tyrants and militias the world over every year , that commit genocide on people. if it wasn't for us how do you think world war 2 would have ended ? and I'm not saying this in a cocky way. The movie "The Incredible" (and the super hero complex in general) comes to mind when I see things like this, we try the best we can to do good, but then if we screw one little thing up were seen as evil and unwanted.
I have a wife and 2 kids, am a Chef, work 45 hours a week, and cook homemade meals every day for my family, my beliefs and my culture is to work as hard as I can for my family so my children can grow up and flourish. I am an American.

Where were you in Rwanda? Where were you in Cambodia? Where were you in any of the other African nations where the ¨civil wars¨ are nothing more than killing fests for all and sundry?

To paint yourselves as superheros is both inaccurate and extremely arrogant. Same as claiming you help nations.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan
THe united states is a great nation.

It does however exploit all other nations if they do not open their doors to them (aka give the usa their resources, and open up for usa corps) The USA also feels it has a say on how everyone runs their country especially if they have resources they covet. There are plenty of countries who need help that have little to no resources we need and we send little to no aid there.

The USA usually imports the best talent and resources for the benefit of its people and leaves all the crap for everyonelse. We all here in the USA benefit from this and It is fine by me. I just do not try to believe that our country farts sunshines and rainbows.

The only problem I have is that little by little we are losing rights here in the usa, our standard of living is going down and we will eventually not be the superpower we are today.

I am first generation born here since my family immigrated here.(33) IT has been pointed out that many people try to get here even if they risk dieing. Depending what country you are talking about , some have had all their resources pillaged by the USA to benefit the USA people and not the country of orgin for those resources. Those immigrants know they can benefit from their resources and the resources of every other exploited nation by coming here so they come here to get part of what belongs to them.

Other immigrants who do not have these reasons to immigrate have a government that has a lot of baggage and it hinders freedoms, which is why they come to the USA. Some older countries especially european have too much baggage having to do with old culture and old political culture.

Those are reasons why people immigrate here.

I love the USA it saddens me that it is weakening. We were defeated on 9/11. Regardless of what point of view you take of 9/11. Whether it was an inside job or pissed off arabs hijacking planes. We lost so much and we continue to lose more. Yet we cannot realize what kind of dog and pony show our political system is. THey just pass the hot potato from one party to another and continue doing the same dang things only with a slight twist.

being "anti american" to me is fueled by the usa's success and the envy of other nations. The stereotypical american for foreigners, even for my wife who is russian, is that they are fat, friendly, ignorant and dumb. she does however think the USA is a great country and loves obama because compared to putin he is a saint. I guess it is all a matter of perspective.

IT is also fueled by its continuing of policing the world and labeling any country that does not agree with it and so happens to have some resources the usa needs as evil doers/terrorists/ dictatorship/enemy of democracy.

TO top it off our government lies to us and the world. WMD in iraq?? what did they lie about to us in libiya?? or syria now??

why do they lie?? I wish they would just come out and say. Hey we need these resources, or this country poses a threat to us we need to put a puppet government in that will be friendly to our country and its needs. Be damned if they are a sovereign nation.

The only reason i crap on our foreign policy now is because we do not seem to get any where and we are going broke due to it. I also crap on our country for allowing corporations to legally buy politicians . Every day i see corps take from the common worker and give to the top, which is why we have such a huge gap between the rich and everyone else. It is just maddening to see business execs jump back and forth form politics to the private sector doing favors for each other or jumping into politics to tweak things for themselves then move back to the private sector

edit on 12-8-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

Right in the heart of that post, you do the stereotypical US American thing of claiming anyone who is Anti-US American is jealous.

We both know that isn´t true, so why state it?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthernThird

And it's a bit rich of you who, like me, is a relative newcomer to ATS to criticise anyone here ... personally I'm still getting the feel for this website, you might be best advised to do the same.

Sir, with all due respect, I have double the amount of stars than I do posts, which is also considerably more than you. I suggest you don´t ever lecture me on things you are completely unaware of.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigcountry08
reply to post by trysts

Where were you in Rwanda? Where were you in Cambodia? Where were you in any of the other African nations where the ¨civil wars¨ are nothing more than killing fests for all and sundry?

To paint yourselves as superheros is both inaccurate and extremely arrogant. Same as claiming you help nations.

And you would be here screaming about how evil we are for doing anything about it. Thats how it works right? We go and take care of business when called upon, but when we do we're the evil Americans. If we don't clean up these messes then its "where were you when..." Cant have it both ways.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by bigcountry08

I have seen the movie red dawn. In a country where even the police force has infrared thermal guns to hunt people in the dark. along with cars and trucks and large caliber snipers of their own, I don't see anything realistic about a "red dawn" scenario in America anymore. Maybe if we were being invaded by another country and we had the support of our own military, but im talking about a group of revolutionaries in America, fighting the American army/police force/etc. I believe these are different scenarios

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthernThird

Sir, with all due respect, I have double the amount of stars than I do posts, which is also considerably more than you. I suggest you don´t ever lecture me on things you are completely unaware of.

Yours is a multiple profile, of that I'm certain.

No innocent new member catapults themselves onto a conspiracy website in the manner you have done.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
What is Anti-Americanism?

The term anti-Americanism ... refers to opposition ... to the policies ... of the United States (i.e. Federal Government).

I'm pretty sure I still have the freedom to disagree with my government without gaining a label for myself other than just being an informed American.

Fascism's claim in World War 2, is still alive as well, even today.

I agree with this 100% and I believe it started it the US right after WW2 with Project Paperclip. Bringing a bunch of high ranking Nazi scientists over here, even if they denounced their Nazi ambitions, couldn't have been thought of as a good idea. I can see why it was done, if we didn't get some of the scientists Russia was going to get them all. But I believe their involvement in government since then has been detrimental to our security/stability.

The United States is blamed for much that is bad in the Arab World.

We are blamed for a lot of it because we decided to put ourselves in that position in the first place. I mean we funded the Afghanis against the Soviets, backed a pro-US puppet in Iran, backed Saddam Hussein vs Iran and his own people until we were done with him, and continue to blindly support Israel in all it's actions. And that's only what I know about as a casual observer of world history.

Don't get me wrong, I love my country and would die defending it from any enemies. But I disagree with a lot of what the US has been doing abroad and at home in the last couple of decades.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join