It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Americanism and why

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I work in the hotel industry. I deal with americans and people from all over everyday.

Americans, civilians and military (hotel has huge contract with U.S military) for the most part are really very different from the USG. They're friendly, nice, and believe it or not very respectful and curious of my country's culture and history. Basically like any other people, they don't mess with you if you don't mess with them.

That being said, the arrogance and attitude of a very vocal minority of americans along with the actions of the USG, causes the anti-americanism you refer to OP.

Why is the U.S singled out? Because it's the superpower, it has the power to start or stop a lot of the sh1t going on around the world and the great and regional powers around the globe usually follow the US lead.

As an example of the arrogance I speak of....read many of the replies on this very thread, inviting people to "get some" or bragging about the olympics or some nonsense.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Let's face it this thread was only made to play the victim and have to defend yourself. Let me ask you this. Why the anti-canadianism? (not that I'm canadian)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by mideast
Words are invented whenever needed.

Why do you need to defend invasion and killing ?

Why do you support Democracised Imperialism ?

Are you paid by your govt ?

Or you love spitting blood ?

Hmmmm...

I Don't work for the Government, and I am highly critical of my Government. In Iran, you have to register sites like ATS, with the Ministry of art and culture, and get approval to chat on sites like this. I could ask you the same question, but I just gave you the FACTS on Irans Internet.

Second, I have never defended killing anyone.

I support the people of the United States, and the freedoms to actually ask these questions, I ask now. In other countries, such as Iran, there is no freedom to do this.

Freedom and the boundaries is something that the people should fight on it.

You miss to see some points.

Iran is limited in the freedom because people are not capable of much freedom. That is why they don't understand the value of freedom. So Iranian people don't need you to bring freedom.

+ I know that there are several rules in the internet ,too. The difference between America and Iran is that US owns the internet , but Iran is just a user.I know that google and NSA are spying on the internet by monitoring it

+ O bama has internet kill switch. That is another reason that US owns the internet infra-structures.

Once you face a national riot , 1st the internet is gone , then the communication system is gone...

Then , it will be me who is saying , OMg , you don't have any freedom.

+ US govt is bringing more restrictions on it's people little by little. You are seeing it. We are seeing it.

Basically , freedom is some thing govts bring and take. People fight for it , but people are ruled by the govts.

Your govt has tried hard to unstable the whole planet.

There will be a time that whole planet will make your govt unstable. There will be riots and killings. Then you will see how it feels to live in a police state..

But I guess you knew it all.

That is the 3rd law of Newton.

The whole system is out of your hands. You just vote for who is selected and supported by elites.

Is that true freedom ?

And you said you are asking your govt. Then what did Bush answered when invaded Iraq ? How did you ask him ? Did he answer except "god told me to attack Iraq" ? I doubt that you even ask him. About OBL , are you asking ? what is the answer ?

+ While you were asking , people where being killed in these countries.

Don't close your eyes on these facts to just support your govt. That was my point.

edit on 12-8-2012 by mideast because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I just find many Americans to be hypocritical. I'm from Australia and I note there's a number of Australians that are tired of American pontificating to the world, while they whinge and whine about their own woes.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Anti-Americanism and why

What does it mean ?

Other nations should shut up when they are being raped ?

Or

People should shut up and forget about how their govt is invading other countries ?

Or

People should shut up before the elites who are running the country ?

Is there Americanism ?

Does that mean being bigoted nationalist ?

Isn't it all about bigotry and being selfish ?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"And the US currently spends 2.6 trillion dollars on entitlement double that of defense"
Wow that sounds like another FOX News Wopper!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by brick38
reply to post by neo96

"And the US currently spends 2.6 trillion dollars on entitlement double that of defense"
Wow that sounds like another FOX News Wopper!

I wouldn´t take him seriously, he thinks the US won the Vietnam war

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Why do people get called anti-American if they speak factual aspects about the USA? What are you supposed to do...ignore all the horrible things and only mention the positive?

Criticizing your country is the best thing you can do for it, having blind patriotism is the worst.

A patriotic society is an easily controlled one...why do you think they force our kids to pledge allegiance to the flag every school day? It surely isn't to give them critical thinking skills.

edit on 12-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
The United States was happy being on it's own and then the Europeans Started WW1. Since this was at a time not to far removed from when most Americans were either just a Mom or Pop away from their Country of origin...which at that time was mostly Europe...we went to War to help our Old Country Origin States.

After WWI the Victors on the European end imposed such impossible to repay without starving WAR REPARATIONS upon Germany...and the U.S. warned...no...we actually SCREAMED into the Europeans Ears...you are starving the Germans...this will create a Rise in German Nationalism again. Europe's response to the U.S. was...PISH POSH! We know what we are doing you are too young a Country to understand.

What did we get? Hitler, Nazi's and WWII. The U.S. had to Fight another War but this time not only in Europe but with Japan...a country that Bombed Pearl Harbor in a Sneak Attack. After WWII was won and the U.S. had Nuclear Weapons....we had to counter the Soviet Union which without any doubt as the plans have been made public...intended on invading all of Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. This led to a 44 year long COLD WAR and Europe would be speaking Russian right now if not for the U.S.

So after being attacked again by a Terrorist Group on 9/11...what did the people who planned the attack think would happen? After all this we have to listen to others B.S. Now that the U.S. Military has reached a Pinnacle by which even Nuclear Weapons will become OBSOLETE and STAR WARS has become REALITY....REMEMBER....we were isolationists. We became a Superpower by Cause and Effect. But now...even Nuclear Weapons are not even considered an issue for us so people can Bitch all they want but when they really get into trouble...who is the First Country they come PLEADING FOR HELP? So I think we should let the rest of the World Kill Each other and we can stay on the sidelines saying...NOT OUR BUSINESS! At least that's what some people advocate here...and what did that get us in the past? TWO WORLD WARS and a 44 Year Long COLD WAR. We are here to stay so get used to it! Split Infinity

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
The United States was happy being on it's own and then the Europeans Started WW1. Since this was at a time not to far removed from when most Americans were either just a Mom or Pop away from their Country of origin...which at that time was mostly Europe...we went to War to help our Old Country Origin States.

No, you went to war because the Germans sunk the Lusitania with many hundreds of American passengers aboard. It may also have been us that sunk it and not the Germans

After WWI the Victors on the European end imposed such impossible to repay without starving WAR REPARATIONS upon Germany...and the U.S. warned...no...we actually SCREAMED into the Europeans Ears...you are starving the Germans...this will create a Rise in German Nationalism again. Europe's response to the U.S. was...PISH POSH! We know what we are doing you are too young a Country to understand.

Correction: It was the FRENCH who wanted the harsh reparations, Britain and the US were in agreement that it was entirely the wrong thing to do. It was also the French who invaded the Ruhr Valley in the ´30s which really did not help the situation. So, once again, learn about what you are spewing before you spew it.

What did we get? Hitler, Nazi's and WWII. The U.S. had to Fight another War but this time not only in Europe but with Japan...a country that Bombed Pearl Harbor in a Sneak Attack. After WWII was won and the U.S. had Nuclear Weapons....we had to counter the Soviet Union which without any doubt as the plans have been made public...intended on invading all of Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. This led to a 44 year long COLD WAR and Europe would be speaking Russian right now if not for the U.S.

¨We¨, was it? The last time I checked, the US was the country LEAST AFFECTED by the Nazis in that war. Letś not forget that your war with Germany was caused by Germany declaring war on you. It had NOTHING to do with the European Allies. As for the Cold War, that was an entirely American made event. The people of Europe would have been quite happy to live alongside the USSR, but the US wanted to poke and poke and poke just like it always does. If the US had left well enough alone, we would never have had a Cold War.

You talk about the USSR taking over the world. Look at the USA´s actions during the Cold War. Bombing Libya, The Vietnam War, overthrowing the democratic governments of Iran, and most Latin American states, funding and arming the Israeli wars in the Middle East. You claim the USSR was wanting to take over the world, but the US did

So after being attacked again by a Terrorist Group on 9/11...what did the people who planned the attack think would happen? After all this we have to listen to others B.S. Now that the U.S. Military has reached a Pinnacle by which even Nuclear Weapons will become OBSOLETE and STAR WARS has become REALITY....REMEMBER....we were isolationists. We became a Superpower by Cause and Effect. But now...even Nuclear Weapons are not even considered an issue for us so people can Bitch all they want but when they really get into trouble...who is the First Country they come PLEADING FOR HELP? So I think we should let the rest of the World Kill Each other and we can stay on the sidelines saying...NOT OUR BUSINESS! At least that's what some people advocate here...and what did that get us in the past? TWO WORLD WARS and a 44 Year Long COLD WAR. We are here to stay so get used to it! Split Infinity

They thought ¨this is a great chance to further enhance our global hegemony under the guise of fighting a war against a boogieman" and that is exactly what they got.

Your attitude sums up why you get abuse as a nation.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

America is EVIL?....

WTF do you Know about evil!

This whole discussion...is just about to PISS me off..............

I just worked a 50 hour week,,,trying to make enough to put food in my family's mouth and put fuel in my tank so I can repeat the process next week...America is not the people it is our government.....Iran is not the people it is their government...and believe me when I say...north Korea...would rather eat better than do the will of their government.

the problems are not with the hard working people of Earth it is with the screwed up Governments that most of the wonderful people of Earth have no control.

It is the Few that are #ing it up for the rest of us...that would love to live in harmony...and find together the...the seeds of tomorrow..

GIVE ME A BREAK.

point the finger in the right face...

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I think there is a big difference between Americans and the United States of America Federal Government. I was born and raised in the USA. I can tell all of you that the average American is usually pretty easy going, friendly and open to people from other nations. Of course, you have people you are extremest and those who are grossly uneducated, but overall the average American is a pretty easy person to get along with.

The USA Federal government is a horse of a different color. It the most powerful government force on the planet; and they know it. There are few things which can stop the will, power and influence of the Federal government. It runs around the world, doing pretty much whatever the hell it wants, largely unchecked. It is a big problem and one in which the world is having a hard time dealing with. The United States Federal government needs to be put in it`s place and forced to work with the world instead of forcing it`s will on the world.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Double? Links or it didn't happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomwv

I agree,....but to single out America based on this, is to ignore the cancer afflicting the whole world.

THE PEOPLE are JUST FINE...it is our Governments that are at war...for stupid reasons.

I, am an American because I was born here...but do NOT agree with the way in which my Government has engaged the world...a smile and a hand shake....and a helping hand out stretched to pull a fellow, EARTHLING up to greater heights...is what I will always do.

I am an Individual Earthling foremost, An American second... Humanity must win this battle.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And how many native Americans did manifest destiny kill?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Yanks are so brainwashed. You have to laugh and cry at their disgusting nature.

What makes it worse is that every American that feels the urge to defend America, whether otherwise reasonable or not, is simply throwing more wood on the fire.

The Yanks don't know any other way. They have no logic, only indoctrination and brainwashing since their birth which forces them to react to criticisms of America by defending America. It's inbuilt in them to defend America.

They don't see how stupid they look because they're out of touch with the rest of the world. They don't know that their primitive patriotism is highly unusual and retarded by normal standards.

If you Yanks would just accept you're currently a cancer on the arse of the world then maybe we'd get somewhere. So long as you keep persistently making excuses for your nation, like a person would his crack addicted brother, you'll forever come in for criticism.

I just wish you'd vote for RP, get into isolationist mode and leave everybody else alone

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
On the whole I think the American people are pretty much like normal working class people in most country's. They want a quiet life, peace, enough money to feed their family and have some fun. What annoy's pretty much the whole world about America is your foreign policy. IT STINKS! Why does your government feel the need to be the world police? As the only country in the world to have ever used nuclear weapons in anger why does your government feel it has the moral high ground to dictate to the rest of the planet who is allowed nuclear technology and who is not? I'm English and have quiet a few American friends, they (like me and everyone else) are perfectly normal people.

You want the anti americanism to end, then rise up and get rid of the power mad lunatics running your country. Get your troops out of the middle east and STOP the constant interfering in other countries. It makes me laugh everytime I consider your governments policy over the last 50 - 80 years of 'fighting communism' - yet your country has borrowed at least $1 trillion off the Chinese (you know... the communists!), you have sold weapon systems to China! Like I said - your foreign policy STINKS!

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by binkman

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by TDawgRex

I admired the "old" United States as a beacon of light for the free world.

But the U.S. lost her way. The former home of the brave and land of the free doesn't exist anymore.

I feel that escpecially as a friend of the United States it's our obligation to criticize.

So nowadays being "Pro-American" sometimes might appear as being "Anti-American".
edit on 11-8-2012 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

Stockholm Syndrome really bites the Germans hard doesn´t it?

Germans get no respect for that reason. A bunch of "yes massas" who run around sucking the sexual organs of others because of some guilt for something that happened halfway through the last century

it makes it easy to have sex with german women though. I suppose that's one positive. They're keen to show you how much they've changed since Hitler and will hop into bed with anyone west of west germany

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
And has it occurred to you thick Americans that people aren't anti-American by choice, but because America is anti-them.

Nobody chooses to be anti-American. You choose to be a decent person and by extension you'll be at odds with most things American.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join