It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perseid Meteor Shower Tonight!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

If you are in Norway you are so lucky. Clean food and beautiful waters.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar

There is still tonight. My night was filled with the aroma of 3 laughing teen boys... Pee-You!!!

Still we did see some beautiful fireballs and many meteor's. There were several I swear looked like they were swirling and or zigzagging.

I caught a fair few last night from my back garden. I know what you mean by the zigzagging some really do and a trail of what looks like smoke follow in it's wake... had the pleasure of seeing a very large streak arc across the sky too, awesome sight!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

The mountains would be amazing.. here in Stavanger (Norway) mountains surround the city. If I had a tent and food stock for the night, I would def make that a night for gazing

Hope sasquatch decides to chill and gaze with your friend

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Yes I am Canadian, but I am here for visit (3 months no visa) to be with my partner, shes a norwegian national. This country is so beautiful, every drive we have Im in awe!

Water is so pretty, the food really is clean! The best perk of being here is less garbage added into the food. Tasting the food here compared to North American.. you can taste the fresh-cleansiness. A bit off topic (
) But being here is a treat, I have to go back in 1 month though

Enjoy what I can, and the Persied meteors are lovely here, as everywhere but not as much light pollution in this part of the city then Im use to back home.

Cloud cover tonight.. so I miss out again

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I didn't see this Perseids thread. I just posted this in different one.

Best Perseids in years viewing here from the NW U.S.

Official Zarniwoop count:

Saturday night: 42 shooters over a couple hours (not bad!)

Sunday night: only 9, but 7 of them much, much brighter and longer than any on Saturday.

no fireballs

Also seen: 3 ISS fly-overs and an Iridium flare

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You truly are blessed, use the clean energy to meditate!!! Pollution makes it hard.

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic RNA

Good for you! It was odd for me an avid star gazer and meteor shower enthusiast, to see the zigzagging ones for the first time. as for the smoke it could have been your eyes like after a strong bolt of lightning, I don't know.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Just a heads-up that 2015's Perseid shower will peak this evening.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: PheonixReborn

Thank you so much for the reminder. I have been very busy and would have missed tonight. I shall be watching.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join