It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman is fined 5,000 dollars for hosting a 10 year old birthday party......

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Its the same here, once they get you into the system its impossible to get out, they will fine you and suspend your drivers liscense... which means you cant get to work in this county... your not even allow to ride a bike.

I've seen it over and over again.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

The world waits with anticipation, for what you ask? The day when America finally has enough and stands back up, to once again pay for freedom with the blood of tyrants, and patriots. Except this time, it won't only be our freedom, I am convinced when we kick these douche bags to the curb we will see it reciprocated in every country on this planet, as all peopled have had more than enough.

Sadly, this is only a dream I cultivate in my heart, as Americans are either too fat and happy, or too lazy to do anything about it. I don't think it is out of fear, as I havenot seen very many Americans fear and cower to anyone, I mostly see everyone fighting eachother constantly over rediculous crap that is used to divide us and keep us seperated into small segregated groups.

So just keep waiting, we will get around to it, when we no longer have the freedom or ability to do so.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by elrem48

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe

Originally posted by AdamOver
Isn't it time you guys told the Goverment to get the F*** out of your lives. ? Surely this would be laughed out of court if she refused to pay. On the grounds of it being downright ridiculous.

I wish it was that easy. And it's hard to tell these days if it will hold up in court or not. Most folks that have the money probably don't bother fighting it and just pay. I think they like that a lot when it happens. I hope this does go to court and embarrasses the hell out of the ticket givers on a national stage.

Honestly, would anyone in their right mind pay this fine even if they had the money? This is the worst kind of extortion I've heard of! It's just WRONG, WRONG WRONG! What message do we send when we give into this drivel?

You don't have an option not to pay where I am from.You don't pay a fine here you could wind up in county jail, garnished wages, personal property confiscations, or liens placed against your home. I am not sure what the law is in this woman's area though. I assume it is similar or most folks would not pay any fines at all.

It is wrong. But in my best German accent "They have ways of making you pay". As lighthearted as I type that it is a hard truth for many. Those who really can't afford to pay...wind up having to pay so much more in the end for not paying it on time. It's a lose/lose for the regular folks.

Forgive me, but I would fight "tooth and nail" as they say, because this is utterly ridiculous if this fine is truely for hosting a birthday party. This is not the America I grew up in...somewhere along the way, we inadvertently allowed this deception of the American people to take place. I interpret what you say as a surrender to a preposterous government law made by ruthless hypocrites who would never except the same mandate that they nonchalantly impose on others. No, I would not give in without a struggle!

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Well, I'm not quite sure what part of the t&c's I violated there. Maybe someone who saw it before it was removed can tell me.

Back on topic. If these things are widespread. Isn't it already too late for most of you there. Maybe time to jump ship.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by elrem48

Precisely my thoughts.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
But its also completely illegal Of course you can. So no one in their right mind would pay, in fact, they would be chewing up the line of the idiots, showing up personally letting them know that they were going to be in such crapola, and then passing the hat, (if the people didn't sit and shut up and offer an apology) for a PI to dig up such dirt on them they would be ruined. No people put up with crapola like this, ever. Its not done.

My first reaction would be this was a computer error and then the brown stuff would hit the fan in their offices because I would never allow such corrupt idiots to hold positions of authority. It would be solved quite quickly. I have no idea why you guys don't speak up.
edit on 11-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
As usual there is more to the story...

Martha Boneta, owner of Liberty Farms in the northern village of Paris, was threatened with nearly $5,000 in fines for selling produce and crafts and throwing unlicensed events, including a birthday party for her best friend's child. She told FoxNews.com she wasn't doing anything farmers haven't done for generations, and at a recent zoning board meeting, her agrarian friends literally showed up with pitchforks to express their support.
“It’s rather odd that I’m the only farmer in the county having these issues,” Boneta said. “It’s customary to do these things. It’s done through on farms throughout Virginia to help farming and agriculture.”
Boneta was told that she did not have the proper event permits for the party and other events, including wine tastings, craft workshops, and pumpkin carving.

“Why I would need a permit for a pumpkin carving?” she said.

Boneta was also threatened with fines for selling produce and products not grown or made on the 70-acre farm in a small store she operated on the property. But she said she already had a special license issued to her in 2011 that allowed her to run a “retail farm shop” where at the time, she made it clear that she intended to sell handspun yarns and craft items like birdhouses in addition to fresh vegetables, eggs, and herbs.

Pitchfork-wielding Virginia farmers rally against birthday party fine

Crafts? Pumpkin carvng? Holding a party for your friend's Child? Ummmm.....normal life in many households and our god given infinite inalieable rights.

I mean that list could say this and sound as crazy: waking up and having coffee, going out on the balcony and breathing fresh air, sewing a zipper in your sons coat, and sewing curtains for your mother. heaven forbid if you should have an anniversary party planned, eh?
edit on 11-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
There are many faces of Oppression. What usually comes to mind is firing squads (in formal government uniforms) or machete goons (in informal street clothes). Oppression also comes in the form of not being able to rely on any of your rights when face-to-face with a police officer loaded with weapons outside your car door or a government official ready with fines and fees behind a desk. Most of our experiences with government are unpleasantly confrontational, where we as individuals are powerless.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I am shocked. What can we do to help Martha?

Amazing.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

I think I've heard it all now. And it's totally disgusting. Wht would happen is they were to do like televangelists do and offer their products for a donation of a certain amount?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I think what they are trying to do is suppress the people to the point people are afraid of their nieghbors so much that they stay in their homes, use the computer to make purchases and be completely antisocial.

We see the narative on the tv, the complete division the mainstream media and the government push's upon us.
They divide us on Politics, Religion, Race, Sex, Class,... They are acting in a "show" and are just hoping we don't get out of our seats. They have kept us there so long we think its where we belong. But once we start ignoring the show and talking to our neighbors.. spending time with our friends we begin to talk and discuss what "they" are doing and how the show sucks.

They are afraid of what these gatherings will turn into. They are afraid of us standing together as people and friends, treating everyone decent.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
As usual there is more to the story...

Martha Boneta, owner of Liberty Farms in the northern village of Paris, was threatened with nearly $5,000 in fines for selling produce and crafts and throwing unlicensed events, including a birthday party for her best friend's child. She told FoxNews.com she wasn't doing anything farmers haven't done for generations, and at a recent zoning board meeting, her agrarian friends literally showed up with pitchforks to express their support.
“It’s rather odd that I’m the only farmer in the county having these issues,” Boneta said. “It’s customary to do these things. It’s done through on farms throughout Virginia to help farming and agriculture.”
Boneta was told that she did not have the proper event permits for the party and other events, including wine tastings, craft workshops, and pumpkin carving.

“Why I would need a permit for a pumpkin carving?” she said.

Boneta was also threatened with fines for selling produce and products not grown or made on the 70-acre farm in a small store she operated on the property. But she said she already had a special license issued to her in 2011 that allowed her to run a “retail farm shop” where at the time, she made it clear that she intended to sell handspun yarns and craft items like birdhouses in addition to fresh vegetables, eggs, and herbs.

Pitchfork-wielding Virginia farmers rally against birthday party fine

LOL. You do realize people have been holding small social gatherings for like... forever right? Not everyone chooses to lock themselves in a room and browse the interwebz. There's a thing called being social, and contributing positive things as an individual/community.

And honestly, what's wrong with farmers selling their own produce?! I see nothing wrong with it. Unless you're against fresh veggies/fruits/eggs etc.. ???? I would take this over GMO food any day of the week!!!

Good for these farmers trying to stand up for one another! I truly hope the RIGHT thing is done and all goes well for them!
edit on 11-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-8-2012 by acidsweep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
reply to post by acidsweep

This is the inevitible outcome of a country that keeps growing the budget while cutting taxes.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

WAIT, i gave you a star, but then, ARE YOU SUGGESTING WE RAISE TAXES??

they don't need our money, they can print out more.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Ok, I'm going to be the devil's advocate here .... if this woman was charging money to hold events, then this is considered a business, and all business require licenses. You can be against licenses in general for all businesses, but don't claim that this farmer is special and doesn't have to have licenses for her business. There are many different kinds of licenses, and some businesses have to have multiple licenses. For example, a restaurant may have to have a license to sell their food, and a separate license to sell alcohol.

I agree that licensing has gotten a little out of control, but there WAS a good reason for them initially. Originally, a license was a way to monitor the practices of a business and make sure they were operating in a way that wasn't going to hurt or take advantage of consumers/customers. It wasn't just about paying money for a license, it was also having to show you were following proper protocol before being able to get the license.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reminds me of the story of the kids who got arrested (in michigan,i think) for running a lemon - aid stand!!!
the govt is going after the little guys to control them,but big business is free to do whatever it wants.
oh wait,i forgot for a moment.
big business IS the govt!!!

good luck to martha with her case!
peace

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
If beurocrats have the time to scour Facebook looking for events and cross-referencing permit applications just to fine people the we have too many beurocrats.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Yeah I had a IRS agent call me once... they never called me back again after I ripped them a new one, stand up and show no fear and they back off...

Id even go as far as to send them a birthday cake with, here's your five grand written on it.
edit on 11-8-2012 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul
reminds me of the story of the kids who got arrested (in michigan,i think) for running a lemon - aid stand!!!
the govt is going after the little guys to control them,but big business is free to do whatever it wants.
oh wait,i forgot for a moment.
big business IS the govt!!!

good luck to martha with her case!
peace

I think you're talking about the one in Maryland, and it was much more than just a little stand on a kid's front yard. This was a business with the parents involved, accessing thousands of people at the U.S. Open golf tournament. We're talking many, many coolers of lemonaid, and multiple hundreds of dollars a day in sales. And, the kids weren't arrested. They were threatened with a fine, but the fine was waived for the kids to move their stand away from main entrance to the golf tournament.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evil_Santa
reply to post by acidsweep

This is the inevitible outcome of a country that is run by #ing idots.
edit on 10-8-2012 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

fixed that for you

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
People should just stop volunteering information on Facebook or any other forms of social media. Does this lady do not understand that she willingly gave the .gov ammunition to come after her?

I still for the life of me do not comprehend why people put their whole lives online, specially under their real names.

No facebook = no $5,000 fine in this case.

On a side note, my son has a female cousin who is 13 years old who willingly CLOSED her facebook account. I asked her why and she replied: "I don't like the .gov CREEPS all up in my business"

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join