Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Woman is fined 5,000 dollars for hosting a 10 year old birthday party......

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Facebook is a social media. Birthday parties are social medias. Families all over the world are sharing information on things like that. Its not illegal. No government in any free nation can legally come after them. Its like sharing your sons graduation party, your wedding party, your weekend, your child's first steps.

WHAT IS GOING ON AND STOP IT?

Also why is this person expected to do something alone. This is outrageous. Band up by the millions and squash this government tyranny. No one should ever do this alone.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
When you contest a fine, you don't have to pay it. You don't pay it and then contest it. You challenge and make them stop it, and sue them for all the costs of challenging it and if your judge or local politiicians or any others need motivation in deciding who they're serving, then in this day an age, with all corruption, I highly recommend passing the hat for good PI's to nail them with their corruption and make an example of a few of them.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Don't know where your from but it doesn't work that way here. You have to pay the fine then contest.. so its a catch 22. If you don't have the money you eventually run out of time to contest.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
She has lawyers, and the farmers are upset, because this is affecting local buisnesses. They are local businesses, and anyone affecting businesss is affecting the economy. Yet her lawyer didn't prevail, that means the judge is corrupt and needs a helping hand in having his/her corruption revealed. Because citizens cannot lose any of their issues.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Boneta already had a business license the county issued her in June 2011 that allowed her to operate a “retail farm shop” on her property. Her license application specifically noted her intention to sell handspun yarns, birdhouses, soaps and other handicrafts in addition to fresh vegetables, eggs, herbs and honey. The following month, the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors changed the classification of “farm sales” to require a special administrative permit for activities that were in compliance with the ordinance just one month before. But documents received under the Freedom of Information Act showed that Boneta is the only farmer in Fauquier County who has ever been cited — even though the county’s own website lists dozens of farms that sell similar products to end-use customers.

On July 12, supervisors voted to limit the number of visitors allowed at food- and wine-tasting events to 25, and to limit such events to two per month, even though they were warned by the county attorney and Virginia Secretary of Agriculture and Forestry Todd Haymore that such restrictions are illegal.

Source

It seems to me there might be some "funny" business up with Fauquier County Board of Supervisors. They were changing ordinances without any grandfather consideration for permits already issued, and the passing of ordinances that the county attorney and and Virginia secretary of agriculture advised were illegal.

Why the rush to pass these new restrictions?
edit on 11-8-2012 by Dreamwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
As usual there is more to the story...

Martha Boneta, owner of Liberty Farms in the northern village of Paris, was threatened with nearly $5,000 in fines for selling produce and crafts and throwing unlicensed events, including a birthday party for her best friend's child. She told FoxNews.com she wasn't doing anything farmers haven't done for generations, and at a recent zoning board meeting, her agrarian friends literally showed up with pitchforks to express their support.
“It’s rather odd that I’m the only farmer in the county having these issues,” Boneta said. “It’s customary to do these things. It’s done through on farms throughout Virginia to help farming and agriculture.”
Boneta was told that she did not have the proper event permits for the party and other events, including wine tastings, craft workshops, and pumpkin carving.

“Why I would need a permit for a pumpkin carving?” she said.

Boneta was also threatened with fines for selling produce and products not grown or made on the 70-acre farm in a small store she operated on the property. But she said she already had a special license issued to her in 2011 that allowed her to run a “retail farm shop” where at the time, she made it clear that she intended to sell handspun yarns and craft items like birdhouses in addition to fresh vegetables, eggs, and herbs.

Pitchfork-wielding Virginia farmers rally against birthday party fine

I was reading the story yesterday. I wonder what geniuses don't know a farm is a business where they grow things to sell? Why do we need all of the nanny state laws? Because it is about money and control. See if you were allowed to grow your own produce and produce your own food it takes away from their tax base and we can't have people who live off the grid (so to speak) and not be tied into our system of control...

why do you need a permit to have people come to your pumpkin patch, get a pumpkin and then carve it while you sell them drinks or foods and crafts! just pathetic...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I don't know how you put up with this.
Whats next, a fine for breathing air?

Seeing as how much of a joke the US legal system is, I wouldn't be surprised if the "authority's" raid the house with a SWAT team and take the kid away for some excuses about bad parenting for not bending over to the cooperate masters.

Obviously US your government has failed you as it is no longer working for the people and needs to be dissolved, I don't know how many more hints you need before your eyes until your country is a complete police state where all personal freedoms are removed from you.

Just my observations

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
How big was the party? Did they have wild circus animals or something? Totally unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I heard yesterday that people are calling for laws to "pay attention"... lol i mean really they want the cops to be able to stop you now if you look "distracted" and where does it stop pay attention to what.. politics, race, sex.... i mean its gotta be getting to the breaking point

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by phantom150
Whats next, a fine for breathing air?

Actually it will be a TAX (carbon dioxide tax among many carbon and waste taxes).

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Exactly! No real person would have voted this stuff into law. They are put into place, not voted in. NO vote means anything. If you could change anything through voting, they would repeal it as well.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here soon we won't even be able to lift a finger to save their own grandmothers from the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal without orders signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters.

If you get the reference, then give yourself a high five because you are awesome. If you didn't, then what I'm trying to say is America is becoming a Vogan like society.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The Governments are using money as a weapon to force us to comply with their tyrannical law ideologies and by de facto we are cast as slaves. Money has replaced the whips and no one noticed.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
am glad she has both legal representation and the support of fellow farmers

they really shouldn't need more than the restrictions provided in the BoR, Amendment VIII.

constitution.org...
Article the tenth [Amendment VIII]

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
i don't believe ANY fine should be levied in any way, shape or form, however, the threat of $5000 is well beyond excessive and should be remedied as such.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
As usual there is more to the story...

Martha Boneta, owner of Liberty Farms in the northern village of Paris, was threatened with nearly $5,000 in fines for selling produce and crafts and throwing unlicensed events, including a birthday party for her best friend's child. She told FoxNews.com she wasn't doing anything farmers haven't done for generations, and at a recent zoning board meeting, her agrarian friends literally showed up with pitchforks to express their support.
“It’s rather odd that I’m the only farmer in the county having these issues,” Boneta said. “It’s customary to do these things. It’s done through on farms throughout Virginia to help farming and agriculture.”
Boneta was told that she did not have the proper event permits for the party and other events, including wine tastings, craft workshops, and pumpkin carving.

“Why I would need a permit for a pumpkin carving?” she said.

Boneta was also threatened with fines for selling produce and products not grown or made on the 70-acre farm in a small store she operated on the property. But she said she already had a special license issued to her in 2011 that allowed her to run a “retail farm shop” where at the time, she made it clear that she intended to sell handspun yarns and craft items like birdhouses in addition to fresh vegetables, eggs, and herbs.

Pitchfork-wielding Virginia farmers rally against birthday party fine

This is stupid.
Me and my friends have gotten large groups of people together for those very same things.
Pumpkin carvings, wine tastings, craft swaps/selling etc.
Jeez, people get together for Mary Kay parties still or whatever.
What the hell is the difference??

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The terrible thing is that this poor mother probably spent way too much on this birthday party, because moms are loving and they spoil their children and other little kids. ( my mom used to spoil other peoples kids just because she liked doing it.) So on top of this lavish birthday party she throws, the county investigates her and fines her for it? terrrible.

This is a product of the message we have sent to our politicians, that we are ok with paying high prices for low quality goods and paying ridiculous taxes. That instead of working hard and taking responsibility for our actions, we'd rather just trust someone else to look after us. Please everyone, send a letter to your representitives, and even the representitive of this poor lady who is being oppressed. Tell the reps that we are sick of paying high taxes and being bullied by the system. When someone in your community is being taken advantage of, try standing up. Trying getting the neighborhood together and bringing it to everyones attention. I've often wondered what would happen if every county court room in America was filled with friends and family. Then judges would have a harder time justifying themselves. Instead your friends and family are at work while you stand alone, waiting for the judgement. ( i speak of course about petty fines and court cases, not like a murder case or something, then hopefully your family would show up) Divide and conquer, and America is about as divided as we can get. my 3 cents

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SangriaRed

better be sure to get your permits..

Where are your papers

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
This happened in the county I grew up in and live next too.

So we are an agriculture county and completely full of farms. Most of these farms have handmade stands in their own yard where they put their vegetables and if you wanna stop by and buy fresh veggies or eggs you can. I love the fact that we USE to be able to do this. Until a couple of years ago where the Government made it ILLEGAL unless those people selling got permits. Well this lady had to jump through hoops but she was able to get her permit however it was the wrong one.

So get this, the county was investagating her and found on her facebook page a picture of a birthday party she had for her 10 year old!!!!!! They are fining her 5 thousand DOLLARS!!! For not having a permit for her birthday party...

I feel this fits right in with the narrative on so many levels... you cannot sell what you grow without permission, you cannot have people over at your house without permission, people cannot watch the cable you buy without permission.

Digusting.

more info
edit on 10-8-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

Alot of these regulations and permits end up coming to existance because of big agriculture and big box stores. They don't want the individual to be able to grow their own food or sell it directly to the consumer. They know small time farmers can't meet the regulations and indeed, don't NEED to generally because they are small and are not as polluted or messy as big agriculture.

THis is big agriculture's fault... mark my words

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

Wow what has america become..I'll tell you its a joke
If you cant sell food off of your farm without permission you have no freedom..and all I say is wow... farmers big and small should unite and protest because that is just disgusting.
edit on 11-8-2012 by HumanitiesLastHope because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by reficul
reminds me of the story of the kids who got arrested (in michigan,i think) for running a lemon - aid stand!!!
the govt is going after the little guys to control them,but big business is free to do whatever it wants.
oh wait,i forgot for a moment.
big business IS the govt!!!

good luck to martha with her case!
peace

I think you're talking about the one in Maryland, and it was much more than just a little stand on a kid's front yard. This was a business with the parents involved, accessing thousands of people at the U.S. Open golf tournament. We're talking many, many coolers of lemonaid, and multiple hundreds of dollars a day in sales. And, the kids weren't arrested. They were threatened with a fine, but the fine was waived for the kids to move their stand away from main entrance to the golf tournament.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Yeah, I hate to say it, but people need to stop taking an isolated statement from a story and promulgating it in block letter headlines to prove a point that may not be true. Stuff happens, but it's important to realize when you're attempting to see it in places it isn't happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join