It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman is fined 5,000 dollars for hosting a 10 year old birthday party......

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
So predictably, ATSers scream bloody murder without actually looking into the facts. You hear birthday party and don't bother to learn that the woman is running an illegal business.

I used to shop at this family farm stand. I would stop on teh way home. It was a local family farm who sold their produce. I was trying to do the right thing and buy local. They kept wanting me to sign a petition for their court case because neighbors wanted them out of their neighborhood. Oh this poor little family farm stand would break your heart. Please everyone, they begged, come to the court hearing.

Come to find out that the reason they were being drug into court was that they know longer had a farm, they sold it for MILLIONS to a developer. The stuff they did sell, they bought at a grocery store or market trade.

They were also trying to rip off taxes by claiming that few acres they had left, was used as farm land. And even though a nice, huge subdivision was on what used to be their farm, they will still trying to get farm subsidies.

Teh neighborhood wanted them out because they were a scam, plain and simple.

You people really need to quit with the knee jerk reactions.

Sounds more like YOUR knee jerk reaction because of one family you know that were scammers! Scammers will exist no matter what, does not change the fact that when you start needing a permit to cross the street (to pay for the guy making sure you do it in the right spot at the right time) you will be sick and tired of it too!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23
reply to post by Doalrite

After researching, it seems the woman was given a warning,not a fine, for holding wine tastings, craft fairs, selling food items not grown on her farm, her friend's child's birthday party, etc. This farm and store is a commercial venture as well as the woman's home property. She is not being treated any differently than my buddy who owns an auto repair shop would be, except that he would have actually been fined many times, instead of just getting a warning after a neighbor complained of code/zoning violations.

While I agree it's a bunch of bull in many ways, they're really just catching up to the standard just about every other business has been held to for decades.

This is just another in a long line of recent stories trying to purport the big bad government is attacking the little guy, and there's always far more to the story than we're hearing.

If we sell jam in our restaurant..which we do, we don't need a second permit, the business has the right to make money and has the permits to be a business. If we have a special festival at Christmas and have the customers create cards at their tables or decorate the tree and charge extra that day, we don't need ANOTHER permit in our business!

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The law is the law. You've got to follow the law. The people who make the law do so for their own benefit, not yours. If you don't like it, get involved, run for office, and change the law. If you're complaining, it means you're lazy, and didn't take any action to get the laws written to favor the thing you want. You expect other people to do that for you.

Until you rule, you serve.

posted on Aug, 13 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Soon you will need a permit to go to the bathroom. Sir, do you have a permit for that mess?

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
This happened in the county I grew up in and live next too.

So we are an agriculture county and completely full of farms. Most of these farms have handmade stands in their own yard where they put their vegetables and if you wanna stop by and buy fresh veggies or eggs you can. I love the fact that we USE to be able to do this. Until a couple of years ago where the Government made it ILLEGAL unless those people selling got permits. Well this lady had to jump through hoops but she was able to get her permit however it was the wrong one.

So get this, the county was investagating her and found on her facebook page a picture of a birthday party she had for her 10 year old!!!!!! They are fining her 5 thousand DOLLARS!!! For not having a permit for her birthday party...

I feel this fits right in with the narrative on so many levels... you cannot sell what you grow without permission, you cannot have people over at your house without permission, people cannot watch the cable you buy without permission.

Digusting.

more info
edit on 10-8-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

Has to make you wonder how much people will take...funny thing is if it doesn't make it into the MSM and if you are not from the town you will take it as a it doesn't affect me and move on attitude and every so slowly the Frog in the pot boils more...

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

"First they came…" is a famous statement attributed to pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984) about the inactivity of German intellectuals following the Nazi rise to power and the purging of their chosen targets, group after group. There is some disagreement over the exact wording of the quotation and when it was created; the content of the quotation may have been presented differently by Niemöller on different occasions.[1]

I think this is relavant

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up."

edit on 14-8-2012 by Doalrite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Doalrite

She should write up the whole story and put it on a kickstarter page, raise way more than enough money and bring this to the world's attention.

edit on 14-8-2012 by TimesUp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Guys i was thinking... What if the government is actually doing these things to people just so that they can gain a few bucks since the economy is so #ed up rite now?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo
Guys i was thinking... What if the government is actually doing these things to people just so that they can gain a few bucks since the economy is so #ed up rite now?

That is a good point. The problem with that is these things don't go away and generally just get added to.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Tax on top of tax on top of tax. That's pretty much what a fine is as well. I should be totally shocked...sadly I am not. This seems to be the in thing these days. Well, that and shutting down children's lemonade stands. Business must be slow. Or it could be that they don't know how to budget worth a damn, spend more, then pass that little cost on to the citizens like an extra Christmas gift.
I'm tempted to yell "Stop the madness" but alas...there is a nifty fine for that as well if screamed after dark within city limits.

Well according to the supreme court the fine is a tax. That is how the healthcare penalty was handled to make it look legal for not purchasing healthcare insurance. You get taxed if your in violation.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo

I think the government is getting ready for full take over and people like this threaten them..

I think we will see this more and more.

posted on Aug, 16 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

LOL, don't give Julia anymore ideas.. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Wow, the tea party seem to be the good guys here.

Shocking. Basically they need to keep pushing at the stupid law.

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Nice try but it is an example to follow up that this woman is running a business and hosting events without a business license, and this is to further show that things are not always as they seem. Lesson learned.

She is trying to say that she is fined for a birthday party, everyone cries foul, without actually looking into it, until someone comes along and points out the reason why.

Then you come along and try to tell me I am having a knee jerk reaction, when I am pointing out that people play on heartstrings all the time.

Moral of the story that ATSers refuse to learn: look into it more.

I have worked for local governments. They generally don't want to give people a hard time. So if a story goes that far, the person usualy really pissed someone off.
edit on 17-8-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join