It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party politicians vote more on party lines compared to others

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
While not being a fan of the Tea Party doctrine - I have to give credit where credit is due. They've managed to find a consensus in their ranks - something that the rest of Washington just cannot or will not due.

But I am left a bit cynical as I'm of the belief that most politicians values are dictated by whatever lobby is offering the highest reward on any given day. Maybe the Tea Party folks are true believers.... or they've just got more stable and consistent lobbyists behind them.

Still... a block vote is impressive in this day and age.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by burdman30ott6

And when you extend your personal christian beliefs into policy beliefs, like say .... funding Israel you become what?

A Social Conservative.

No, you become a person who can morally rationalize sending the largest chunk of aid money to the only reliable ally we have in a powder keg Middle East.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Let me explain a little on how this works.

The Tea party is not a political party. It is a political movement. It is an ideology that is gaining ground. When we have a new candidate that states that he/she will embrace the ideals that the Tea Party embraces, then they get our support.

When they betray the ideals that they ran on, then they lose our support.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Awesome post.

This is proof that Tea Party candidates are hypocrites of the highest caliber.

It also proves that all politicians are liars, thieves and whores. Especially the ones that claim they aren't.

And the biggest lying, thieving whore is the Democrat CIC, who signed the first two into law and gives Israel money like it's candy.

/TOA

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Let me explain a little on how this works.

The Tea party is not a political party. It is a political movement.

It is a political movement, correct, it consists of members and groups who endorse and support candidates who they feel best represent their movement. If their intentions have little to do with getting their own into washington then their political movement is pointless

and how many of these politicians listed have lost the support of their Tea Party constituents as the result of their positions on these policies? I'd say none of them. I haven't heard a peep from the Tea Parties, have you?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Hopefully obama is voted out in your next election. He has done nothing positive and has lied to the blacks of america with a smirk on his face.
Never thought a man with such insecurities could get elected to the most powerful country ion the world

edit: not to mention he has escalated the racial hatred that blacks feel in other countries too. In canada here, liberals talk about how obama is essentailly handcuffed because rich white conservatives are racist.
Its childish and disappointing
edit on 11-8-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

and how many of these politicians listed have lost the support of their Tea Party constituents as the result of their positions on these policies? I'd say none of them. I haven't heard a peep from the Tea Parties, have you?

Actually, yes. The local group I associate with in Utah has been very vocal in their disappointment with our Tea Party candidates.

It's an on-going process. Are slimeballs going to agree with our ideology then turn around and lie?

Yup.

But we keep trying. Diogenes ain't got nothing on us.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Well, then I guess you guys are gonna go nuts when you find out that Paul Ryan appears to be the choice for VP with Romney..heh heh I can't wait to see the liberal reaction. I can already see the smoke comin out of the ears.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Well, then I guess you guys are gonna go nuts when you find out that Paul Ryan appears to be the choice for VP with Romney..heh heh I can't wait to see the liberal reaction. I can already see the smoke comin out of the ears.

Actually, I've seen early glee.

They think that with Ryan, Obama will be a shoe-in.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Actually, I've seen early glee.

They think that with Ryan, Obama will be a shoe-in.

Yes, I think you are probably right on this, but Ryan still will make smoke come out of their ears because they hate his ideas so much, but likely they will have a heyday nitpicking and lying.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

If Ryan is the VP nomination, MANY folks, that gave up on the GOP, will be back, to vote for Romney. In Wisconsin, a swing State, Ryan has A LOT of support. That bodes well for Romney too !

This could get interesting, quickly.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I hope you're right. Ryan's budget plan is good. Not popular, but good.

I hope America sees that.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Actually, yes. The local group I associate with in Utah has been very vocal in their disappointment with our Tea Party candidates.

Yes, you have your personal account here of your local tea party group, this means nothing to me and many other people. I am also well aware that there are some tea party groups who are dissappointed with their representitives, but not for the right reasons. For example, some tea partiers are dissappointed that the GOP hasn't been successful in eliminating Obama's healthcare bill, or the department of education, they don't appear to care about the fact their representitives have continued the kind of policies like that of the NDAA or the patriot act. I'm also yet to come accross a significant number of tea parties who oppose sending billions to Israel, they just don't care, and neither do you.

If you well and truly support small government then you would oppose policies like the NDAA, the Patriot act, gay marriage wouldn't bother you because government shouldn't be involved in such private matters as marriage in the first place. If you supported a fiscally responsible government, you would oppose billions of dollars being spent to fund foreign wars and military's when it could spent of tax cuts to small businesses, the middle and lower classes. Tea partiers don't appear to care about these.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Honestly, I know many folks, that wanted Ryan from the beginning. Being from Wisconsin, and watching what Walker did, makes people believe it can be done. The Democrat's were lazy, and didn't come out to support their man. I saw it first hand. I see that happening for Obama as well, at least in Wisconsin.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

I hope you're right. Ryan's budget plan is good. Not popular, but good.

I hope America sees that.

Paul Ryan is establishment all the way apparently. Bought off aand no good for the future

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by beezzer

If Ryan is the VP nomination, MANY folks, that gave up on the GOP, will be back, to vote for Romney. In Wisconsin, a swing State, Ryan has A LOT of support. That bodes well for Romney too !

Paul Ryan?

The guy who voted yes on making the Patriot Act permanent?
The guy who voted yes on the NDAA?
The guy who is committed to continued military aid and support to Israel?
The guy who voted yes on authorizing military action against Iraq in 2003?

How exactly is Paul Ryan going to change Washington Sonny? Or maybe all you care about is getting those Democrats out of office?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Paul Ryan?

How exactly is Paul Ryan going to change Washington Sonny? Or maybe all you care about is getting those Democrats out of office?

Im voting for Gary Johnson !

Im just telling you, how most folks are viewing it....

I live in Wisconsin.........

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Paul Ryan?

What we care about right now is getting our fiscal house in order, all the other stuff can be worked on later. The NWO has its plans and NDAA is part of that. The Democrats have made a career out of pretending they don't want the same thing the rest of the NWO wants, that's why they mostly voted for the first PATRIOT Act, then changed their tune when they thought it would be politically expedient.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm sorry but a vote for Johnson is a vote for Obama. I'm no Romney fan but I can see the handwriting on the wall if Obama wins.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Yes, you have your personal account here of your local tea party group, this means nothing to me and many other people. I am also well aware that there are some tea party groups who are dissappointed with their representitives, but not for the right reasons. For example, some tea partiers are dissappointed that the GOP hasn't been successful in eliminating Obama's healthcare bill, or the department of education, they don't appear to care about the fact their representitives have continued the kind of policies like that of the NDAA or the patriot act. I'm also yet to come accross a significant number of tea parties who oppose sending billions to Israel, they just don't care, and neither do you.

If you well and truly support small government then you would oppose policies like the NDAA, the Patriot act, gay marriage wouldn't bother you because government shouldn't be involved in such private matters as marriage in the first place. If you supported a fiscally responsible government, you would oppose billions of dollars being spent to fund foreign wars and military's when it could spent of tax cuts to small businesses, the middle and lower classes. Tea partiers don't appear to care about these.

Other than trying to define what I believe and how I chose to portray my belief, you're still off base by a wide margin.

It'd be similar to me telling you what your platform should be and how to vote.

I reject your notion that we are indifferent to the issues that matter to us.

But please continue trying to paint us in a narrow little box.

It's fun to watch.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join