It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tea Party politicians vote more on party lines compared to others

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Yep, I've got a nifty chart here on 3 key key policies that ATSers tend to be concerned with, the NDAA, the Patriot Act extension and support for aid to Israel (The specific Israeli bill concerned is HR4133). This chart compares how Tea Party endorsed Republicans voted on these policies compared to establishment Republicans and Democrats, the results are damning if you ask me:

What concerns me is not just the fact that these Tea Party politicians did a complete 360 from their "anti-establishment" campaigns back in 2010, but the silence of their Tea Party constituents. I'm not surprised though, for most Tea Partiers the movement was obviously aimed at Obama and the Democrats, not necessarily change within the GOP itself.

Only two Tea Party backed politicians consistently vote out of party lines, Ron Paul and Rand Paul. I don't agree on many things with Rand and Ron Paul, and often I have my differences, but they are clearly the exception on this list here, for this I commend them.

Interesting notes, HR4133 regarding additional military aid to Israel, I believe this was introduced by a Democrat for those eagerly wanting to point that out, but it doesn't change my point here. I think most ATSers and the country for that matter have come to a verdict on the Tea Parties, but I thought a chart would further illustrate why the Tea Party segment of DC have offered little change compared to establishment politicans.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The voting for the Patriot Act extension is the part that gets me. I never knew the Tea Party believed in spying on U.S. citizens. Not exactly the increased freedom the voters were looking for.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You are correct in your OP! However, I feel that the Tea Party was hijacked by the Repubs, just as the Occupy was hijacked by the Dems. If you notice, when these groups start out, they sound wonderful and people say it's about time, but then come the infiltration by those who are already in charge! Money exchanges hands, the media portrays what the government wants us to see and the movements die and become nothing more than something for the brain washed to talk about and make fun of! It isn't a coincidence that this happens either!

Almost any group that forms that goes against the grains of those in charge, will assuredly be infiltrated and turned into a mockery!

Just my 2 cents...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hey guys I've got the list of Democrat Nays on each bill as well:

NDAA: 6 Democratic nays
Patriot Act Extension: 117 Democratic nays
Israeli military aid expansion: 1 nay from the Democrats.

Who says the Democrats are anti-zionist??

reply to post by Kaploink

What should get to you more is that more establishment Republicans voted against the Patriot act than the Tea party ones, around 19 establishment Republicans compared to 8 Tea party politicians. I'd be insulted if I was an anti-establishment Tea partier...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
the first person that organizes the best from the republican party and the best from the democratic party will be hailed as the second founding father.

that is what america needs, because it's children have run amok.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Awesome post.

This is proof that Tea Party candidates are hypocrites of the highest caliber.

It also proves that all politicians are liars, thieves and whores. Especially the ones that claim they aren't.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Only two people had the guts to put Americans first and say nay to all of it. That is a bad sign for America.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'm just a little confused by your headline. Specifically, I'm confused by the meaning of the word "others." Are you comparing them to the Black Congressional Caucus, or the Progressive Caucus?

Or are you simply saying that Tea Party Republicans are less likely to take the Democrat side in a vote than other Republicans? (I don't think it's that, because the most likely response would be "Well, duh.")

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I'm just a little confused by your headline. Specifically, I'm confused by the meaning of the word "others." Are you comparing them to the Black Congressional Caucus, or the Progressive Caucus?

Or are you simply saying that Tea Party Republicans are less likely to take the Democrat side in a vote than other Republicans? (I don't think it's that, because the most likely response would be "Well, duh.")

Hello Charles.

I'm comparing them to all other non-tea party endorsed politicians, or what we refer to as establishment Republican and Democratic politicians. Yes I am saying that Tea Party endorsed politicians are more likely to vote party lines compared to non-tea party politicians, as you can see in the number of "nays" on those three key policies. There are more establishment Republican and Democratic politicians or break party lines in comparison.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
So what the hell does that prove?

Hr bills go to Senate where they aren't that many teapartiers still had Democratic Majorities and the Current potus who is a Democrat sign those bills in to law.

So who are the hypocrites?

Yep Teaparty but the only ones?

Not even close.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Only two people had the guts to put Americans first and say nay to all of it. That is a bad sign for America.

And if you listen to the majority of Alex Jones worshipers, one of those two is automatically to be considered an untrustworthy jackass because he dared to endorse Mitt Romney after his dad dropped out of the race.

I'm a Tea Party supporter... But man I detest the small group which co-opted it and tried to turn it into some twisted cult of Ron Paul. The aid to Israel issue is a great example. In the early days of the Tea Party, the core consisted of men and women with Protestant backgrounds. Walk into a Southern Baptist, Methodist, or Assembly of God church and down talk Israel... See where that gets you. But as the Cult of Paul began to amass within the movement, suddenly it was assumed that "antizionism" was a core value.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The Tea "Party".

I got news for some of you... the joke is on you!!

The Tea Party is a hoax. There is no "Party", they ceased to be a "Party" when they welcomed the GOP establishment Candidates with open arms. The Tea Party is just the Republican Party- that's it. Pretending that they are not by even calling them the "Tea Party" is a joke.

I will ask the same question I asked in another thread, can anyone name just ONE "Tea Party" Candidate that is not a registered Republican? No? Why do you think that is? Could it be because the so called "tea party" is just a bunch of Republicans now? They are simply an extension of the GOP.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

The Tea Party originally represented core Libertarian ideologies, hence it's base, at first, crossed party lines. It's quite the opposite of what you say, it was religious conservatives, ie, the protestants you mention, that turned it into the freakshow it is. Religious conservatism and Libertarianism cannot co-exist, it's an oxymoron. One detest government control, the other relies on it.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Might have something to do with party views on taxation of the people and the appropriateness of raising the already high enough tax stresses on us... TEA=Taxed Enough Already. Which party consistently attempts to fit more hands into the wallets of American workers?

May also have something to do with the universal rejection of The Contract From America by every Democrat asked to endorse it. Again, virtually each common sense issue on that contract was not exactly in the Democrats' wheelhouse... Such as verification of the Constitutionality of each new law, balancing the federal budget, tax reduction for everyone, and simplification of the tax code.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Don't confuse social conservatism with core Christianity, man. They are two entirely different animals. Traditionally, the USA was core Christian in its law making and governance... But they embraced freedom and respected the Constitution. The Social conservative movement brought about when the asshat televangelists sprang up in the late 80s and began injecting themselves into politics. The Religious Right cannot exist within libertarianism, but Core personal Christianity certainly can, and does.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

And when you extend your personal christian beliefs into policy beliefs, like say .... funding Israel you become what?

A Social Conservative.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Isreal and every other country out there the constant attacks on the right about Isreal is getting old so what does that make the left who plays both sides agianst each other?

Billions have gone to Palestine,Egypt and Pakistan.

Always the evil Isreal tho.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Israel is the poster child of foreign aid. Wasted particularly that Israel gets the most when it has a far better economy than anyone else that we give money to. The point is we shouldn't give money to anyone, least of all Israel.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Ya know if I were to be upset about countries getting foreign aid from US Isreal is way down on that list

First one would be Mexico what i would deem a poster child of "foreign aid" then add the billions more being funneled to illegals back to Mexico and the rampant fraud of social engineering programs and the obvious pandering for their votes puts them at the top of the list.

Next up would be Russia then believe it or not then Kenya.

en.wikipedia.org...

Back to evil Isreal.so really what country has more "influence" with the government?

Isreal?
Mexico?

Considering the Doj and the current administration shutting down every attempt of border control and immigration control.

edit on 10-8-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
The Tea "Party".

I got news for some of you... the joke is on you!!

The Tea Party is a hoax. There is no "Party", they ceased to be a "Party" when they welcomed the GOP establishment Candidates with open arms. The Tea Party is just the Republican Party- that's it. Pretending that they are not by even calling them the "Tea Party" is a joke.

I will ask the same question I asked in another thread, can anyone name just ONE "Tea Party" Candidate that is not a registered Republican? No? Why do you think that is? Could it be because the so called "tea party" is just a bunch of Republicans now? They are simply an extension of the GOP.

BINGO, After Bush II was done with the GOP brand it was worthless. The only way to rally the troops was to create an astroturfed movement to rally depressed and disgusted Republicans who turned their backs on the PARTY SYSTEM.

This way the republicans could attack Obama and the democrats without being embarrassed and reminded of the Bush failed legacy! This has just been another con run on good people who fall hook line and sinker like the infamous "Moral Majority" While republican spoke the high ground they were busy helping Saddam deploy poison gas ....

The funniest part is that it only seems like they were taken over when all of the inital funding and administration was done by republican insiders....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join