It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists in Syria withdraw from Aleppo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

by outside meddling...do you mean Russia and China behaving differently on the Security Council than they would behave if not for reasons specific to their own interests in the region? Surely you don't think Russia would vote the way they have if Georgia was doing in South Ossetia what Assad is doing in Syria.

I know you aren't implying that the United States is meddling in Syria...if we were meddling the no fly zone would've been up and running last year this time, the Syrian Armed Forces would be destroyed and Assad would be dead already. Its well known how effective the US is in meddling.

If the US was meddling, this thread would be about how wrong the US was by destroying the Syrian military institution, Assad's brutal video taped death and public display of his body in a meat market...and how much its gonna cost to rebuild a new military from scratch.

the only meddling I see is of Assad supporters trying to convince the world that a Military Victory is possible in a civil war, even though everyone knows its not, and that Assad has a chance of going back to how things once were, when everyone knows he doesn't.

Apparently, Assad will win obtain a military 'victory' over his country men, but he will lose politically. He'll get to pay the cost of rebuilding all of the stuff he blew up and repairing all the lives he destroyed while remaining in power.

its good to be constantly reminded that the UN is little more than a tool meant to protect despots.

edit on 10-8-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Muslim nations need to consolidate in order to compete with current trends, as for example in the case of a EU.

Assad is bucking the system and so he is perceived as a threat to interests in that regard. Oil is running out and consolidation is the best way to deal with that problem.

Assad is out of touch with reality, Syrians could literally starve to death, if they are not prepared to work within the context of a single unifed Muslim Nation, under one authority.

Any thoughts?
edit on 10-8-2012 by Kashai because: modified content

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Good post, The_Professional! Thank you for the news!

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Libya was training , Syria is the mission.

Al-qaeda , Iraqi taliban, and mercs are taking orders from the U.S .

Assad isnt killing innocents , THEY ARE , think about it - it started in Syria before it started in Libya ..... its been going on this long and assad has only just started using his air force ..... if he was hell bent on killing his own people he would have destroyed Syria by now.

Syria is a target for two things ----- oil , and the yellow brick road to Moscow - look at a map.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Outside of Syria, how many military bases does Russia have outside its own country today?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Forget it, I am not going to engage with you ..if i was to show you a tree you would say it's a can opener..
it's not a secret the USA and other nations are and have been supporting the overthrow of the Syrian govt.
Now it seams you just want to pick a fight,why am i not surprised
.. feel free to spin your wheels...i have some toast to make...ive laid out my point numerous times...in regards to yours..i stand unconvinced

edit on 10-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by michaelbrux

Forget it, I am not going to engage with you ..if i was to show you a tree you would say it's a fence post..
it's not a secret the USA and other nations are and have been supporting the overthrow of the Syrian govt,but feel free to spin your wheels...i have some toast to make..ive laid out my point numerous times...in regards to yours..i stand unconvinced

edit on 10-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

Why are you blaming contemporary society for problems that have existed for thousands of years? Take the US, it has been around of 236 years and never engaged in acts related to killing its own people as did Stalin or Mao.

The US did not find Wm D's in Iraq but the did find mass graves...imagine what would have happened if the US had admitted to there being mass graves in Iraq, prior to invading it??

Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

How you got that from my post is beyond me..,You mean the mass graves the US provides?
Have you ever heard of the Civil War?..guess not
Do you wash your car at night?
edit on 11-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

There seems to be more and more rhetoric since this news broke about a no-fly zone.
I mean literally 24 hours and already Sarkozy and the gang are pushing it.

No fly zone = airstrikes
Airstrikes = angry Iran.
regional war from there?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Kashai

How you got that from my post is beyond me..,You mean the mass graves the US provides?
Have you ever heard of the Civil War?..guess not
Do you wash your car at night?

Actually one of my ancestors fought in the American civil war, i was actually educated into the specifics of his activities and his reasoning. Civil war's are fought because citizens get tired of listening to a governments BS and so revolt against the system.

The US civil war was fought around the same time as, the commencement of the industrial revolution. Its effect changed a great many things as compared to how the Industrial Revolutions affected many other parts of the world.

Perhaps the United States is responsible for mass graves in Germany? To be certain they were not responsible for mass graves in the 100 years war, the Crusades, the Mongolian Invasions and so on....

We can only be accused of being (albeit falsely) of involved in mass graves that occurred in the last 236 years.

Syria has existed prior to the Roman Empire, prior to 1963 the country was under a French Mandate....

After two rather bloody revolts Assad's father took control...turn the page and like any other system, they fail because people change.

Assad is on his way out because he is old news....

Any thoughts?

PS: Actually it is better to wash ones car at night especially if one is going to use wax...If you know anything about the effects upon sunlight upon wax you would agree

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Lol..with all due respect. moot point.. if Assad is to be removed from power it should come from the will of his own people,not by a bunch of foreign funded mercenaries,locally bought militias,or soldiers faced with defection or death
If freedom is to take root it should do so naturally,from the will of its own people..

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Lol... moot point,it still doesnt justify the illegal funding and intervening of foreign mercenaries,local militias and soldiers faced with defections or death

If anything it is the Turks and the Saudis who have been giving the rebels in Syria, military aid. They are also countries that have been around for more than 236 years. There are many reasons beyond the United States, that could exist for them committing to such activity. as far as the behavior of such forces, how often are they chosen to operate as UN forces in other countries??

The United States got involved in the Afghan war with Russia and the Russians lost. Keep in mind that the Afghans at the time were not provided with air support, or heavy artillery or tanks....nonetheless the Afghan insurgents won.

One way of understanding that is that the Afghans at the time, had access to satellite data regarding the location of Russian troops.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Soldiers from France and Great Britain have been captured in Syria..this is not new news,nor is it old..im sticking to the point

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Lol..with all due respect. moot point.. if Assad is to be removed from power it should come from the will of his own people,not by a bunch of foreign funded mercenaries,locally bought militias,or soldiers faced with defection or death
If freedom is to take root it should do so naturally,from the will of its own people..

So by that logic, should russia quit funding them?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by HamrHeed

care to elaborate?

second line..

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Kashai

Soldiers from France and Great Britain have been captured in Syria..this is not new news,nor is it old..im sticking to the point

Syrian rebels have recorded events related to Iranian military equipment and military forces landing in Syria...a point being that other countries are intervening on both sides....

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

reply to post by HamrHeed

care to elaborate?

second line..

Lol no # eh.
What amess that whole situation is. All I know is that a caliphate is being birthed by satanic fukcs

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Iran and Syria have a defence pact..no surprise here and completely expected
ref: afp.google.com...
www.spacewar.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

reply to post by Kashai

Iran and Syria have a defence pact..no surprise here and completely expected

So does Turkey, Great Brittan, as well as Saudi Arabia...Are you suggesting the rebels should only be asking for assistance from countries affiliated with Syria prior to the revolt?

Would not that defeat the purpose of revolting in the first place??

I mean would the American revolution have succeeded, if the US only approached countries, that had defense pacts with England?

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Ive really despise this crisis in Syria since the beginning. I believe both sides are being helped by outside powers to a certain extent. That being said, I dont support either side but when this happened.....Twin bombings kill at least 55 in Syrian capital ....Ive lost pretty much any support for the "rebels".

BEIRUT — A massive double suicide bombing ripped through a Damascus neighborhood Thursday, killing 55 people, wounding more than 400 and heightening concerns that radical Islamist groups are infiltrating the Syrian uprising.

According to Syrian state media, two suicide bombers driving cars detonated more than 2,000 pounds of explosives, moments apart, near an intersection on a busy highway during the morning rush hour, a tactic often used in Iraq to penetrate the defenses of key buildings.

Al-Qaeda organizing cells, joining rebels in Syria, U.S. officials say

From 8-10-2012

WASHINGTON — Al-Qaeda has advanced beyond isolated pockets of activity in Syria and is building a network of well-organized cells, according to U.S. intelligence officials, who fear the terrorists could be on the verge of establishing an Iraq-like foothold that would be hard to defeat if rebels oust President Bashar Assad.

This article says there are a few hundred Al-Qaeda in Syria, but more" foreign fighters" are "streaming" in...

Their ranks are growing as foreign fighters stream into the Arab country, current and former U.S. intelligence officials say, speaking on condition of anonymity.

edit on 11-8-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join