It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a FACT Forum!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Ok, we have forums for almost everything, I would like to suggest a THIS IS A FACT FORUM. Where of course like all other forums it will be monitored for facts, and links and info, but if found to be legit, will remain in this forum, and the members that bring "facts" get either applause of acknowledgment for bringing "facts" to the table.

There would be no "opinionated" threads, as most of the forums are opinion based. This would be solely based, monitored, and graded the way that the debate forum is run, with either member stats, or mod and admin stats. This could be the ATS Encyclopedia of Conspiracy gone "RIGHT"!!

IMHO this would bring the best and the brightest of ATS to the forefront, and elevate it to a status unlike any other, where the info is legit enough to have a FACT FORUM!!!

Peace, NRE.

BTW, if mods think this will be an added pain, just think that you can have some fun, and find good things.

edit on 9-8-2012 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I agree. We could use a forum in which the facts are black and white...in your face for all to see.

The only problem is what we consider fact. What I consider well-sourced facts may just be propaganda to someone else.

So how do we define "fact"?

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I thought about that, and I figure we have a general vote for most things, but the same as the research thread, if someone is going to do a thread they have to come with their "A" game. That was the reason for the
for any member that would write a thread, and found to have presented enough info to stay there, with either applause or status upgrade.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
BTW this can squash a few things as well. There would be less "ATS is going downhill" threads, and for those that contribute and have stayed away because of the latest trends can concentrate on something that they know for a FACT (pun intended) will get recognition if done right.

Lets bring some of that old "ATS" attitude back!!

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Wouldn't work because men landed on the moon.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I don't think it would work very well because a "fact" can be relative.

See the following thread:

What is a Fact?

edit on 9-8-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I think it would be a very empty forum.

I'm curious though...I'm assuming you got this idea because of a "fact" that you wanted to present. So, can you give us some examples of what you think would go in this forum???

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I like it,,,,,,except for one little problem
A fact, by definition means Something that is believed to be true. Not something that is true.
As a collective, we believe our excepted beliefs to be unarguable, and we look back at those before us as quaint.
Tomorrow we will be the ones who are quaint, admired for the attempt but laughed at for believing things so obviously false.....We as a species have always been very arrogant and no matter how many times we have proven ourselves to be only a fraction as intelligent as we thought, we still think that TODAY, we are entitled to have such a high opinion of our abilities
edit on 9-8-2012 by ronnieray123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I'm all for it! It would be nice to read some threads that are well written, properly sourced and gets recognition for its content and not the extreme view it may reflect.

So now we just have to figure out how to validate which sources are acceptable and all that.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Almost everyone on ATS that posts a thread believe that they are stating facts. The difference here would be that any fact that someone would write in that forum, would come with more then what a "typical" thread would have.

The same way that the debate forum can have 2 argue out their thoughts, but no one can add, due to the "facts" of these 2 are what is being considered.

Peace, NRE.

I hope I am answering correctly

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
good luck...when people don't even trust government website data...who are they going to trust with the "FACTS"...blogs?...news sites?...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It would turn into a debate forum as things stated as fact no matter how well researched should always be up for challenge.
The Earth is Flat - was once a fact

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
So now we just have to figure out how to validate which sources are acceptable and all that.

On ATS?

FACT!

This is a rock.

ATS

This is a Moon Rock

"Source please?"

"NASA"

"Buwahahahaha"

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
OH MY!! I just realized that I was not as direct as I should have been. I thought that everyone would understand that I meant "FACT FORUM", like "general chit chat, and cooking, or skunkworks, a forum like that, NOT ATS as a whole

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I'll play..

My wife can be difficult to live with at times.

Fact and I'm the source and the proof. Now what?

this will be a tough forum to keep on track op. Too many variables.

great thought though

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by howmuch4another
I'll play..

great thought though

Thanks for adding. Ok then, here is an example, and thanks for this because it would be hard to prove, unless......

You bring substantial proof of this, like a pic of her breaking dishes on your head, or a recording of her yelling, or even a police report.

Now lets say its not that serious, but YOU think it is, then because you wrote it in that particular forum it will be reviewed and either removed to another forum or kept based on how much proof you brought to the thread. Just like someone writing in B&Q and it being moved to Rant.

If ATS is worried about its image based on what they keep on certain boards, how they moderate, or move threads, it should be nothing about actually trying to be a "conspiracy website" trying to find truth.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
This will not only bring great threads, but who ever debates them will have to bring the same attention to detail. I love reading through the debate forum, though not as popular as it should be, there is something about allowing people to bring what they are passionate about, and backing them if they have the right stuff that is fascinating to say the least.

Like watching 2 lawyers on court t.v.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong.

I think it's a wonderful idea but, people will see and believe what they want to see and believe if it fits into their paradigm and ignore, deny and sidestep whatever doesn't.

Such is life.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree, and that is what every thread on ATS is about, I propose something different, something more profound, and something that will and should be looked at differently if someone decides to post in that particular forum.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver

Originally posted by howmuch4another
I'll play..

great thought though

Thanks for adding. Ok then, here is an example, and thanks for this because it would be hard to prove, unless......

You bring substantial proof of this, like a pic of her breaking dishes on your head, or a recording of her yelling, or even a police report.

Now lets say its not that serious, but YOU think it is, then because you wrote it in that particular forum it will be reviewed and either removed to another forum or kept based on how much proof you brought to the thread. Just like someone writing in B&Q and it being moved to Rant.

If ATS is worried about its image based on what they keep on certain boards, how they moderate, or move threads, it should be nothing about actually trying to be a "conspiracy website" trying to find truth.

Peace, NRE.

Ok I see how you want this to go and I have to say again and with all due respect,
this will be a tough forum to keep on track.

Good luck though. I will follow it and maybe participate if i have my facts straight..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join