It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look at the Left Brain

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Most people are like parrots, memorizing and repeating what is taught to them. I can't do that, I tried it for years trying to fit in to society. We are conditioned, that is definitely true. So are people from other countries around the world. People who can think for themselves are more of a danger to society than those who follow their programming. I question everything and look up info on both sides when I hear or read something. The newest programing is to make people self centered and greedy so they don't form big groups that overthrow the government. I guess that's the way it is now, I don't like it much. Not much I can do about it except to agree with the thread.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by LoveisanArt

S & F for you. I was telling my nephew's GF, she's 20 and going to college in education. I was telling her about this very subject. On how kids are being trained to have an analitical mind by choping down creative ideas and cancelling a bunch of art classes. How standardized test folllow you in your permanent school records to show to future colleges and Universities as well as future employers how you're a good little worker and won't deviate from the plan and won't question authority. She was dumbfounded as I let her delve deeper in the subject. She found that alot of the things i was saying matched with what she had noticed but thought nothing of it.
edit on 9-8-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

Star and flag to you my friend, for having a mind that is a FREE THINKER!

Cheers

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Most people are like parrots, memorizing and repeating what is taught to them. I can't do that, I tried it for years trying to fit in to society. We are conditioned, that is definitely true. So are people from other countries around the world. People who can think for themselves are more of a danger to society than those who follow their programming. I question everything and look up info on both sides when I hear or read something. The newest programing is to make people self centered and greedy so they don't form big groups that overthrow the government. I guess that's the way it is now, I don't like it much. Not much I can do about it except to agree with the thread.

Thank you for sharing

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

What do you fear about rationallity, logic and the ability to analyze

I have a very coherent answer for this question. What is one thing we are all aiming for in life? To live. Part of that is survival. Logical processes and rationality state that you do whatever you can to survive. Right-brain thinking involves morals and all those ideas that don't have a concrete basis, just emotion.

It is emotion that enables our compassion, our trust, our compulsion to share with someone in need. Sympathy, empathy, all of these are emotional and therefore right-brain.

Left-brain doesn't deal in emotion, because emotion is illogical, insubstantial, and often confusing and contradictory. It's inconvenient to the logical processes.

In short, being left-brained means you would be purely self-serving. Right-brain is service to others because of its emotional basis.

And humans are a species of extremes. Left-brain or right-brain, you're going to push it as far as you can because developing these things feels like you have purpose in life, the other thing we all fight for. And if you're left-brained, that means you're going to fight to keep yourself alive as long as you can, using whatever means necessary.

Even at the expense of others.

Do you understand now?
edit on 9-8-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Very good explanation. Left brainers feel emotion, it is not "tied" to one hemisphere of the brain. Rather the right brainer accept and experience their emotions more then a left brainer would, who would analyze their emotions and wonder "why do I feel this way"... a right brainer understands why they feel that way, and already realize where their emotions are coming from.

Thank you for your input

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

I have given it some thought, and the people who are programmed or agree to be programmed...they are the gears of society. Now, that said, I think they serve mostly to destroy society because they are taking programming or orders from the wrong people -- people who put their own needs far beyond and head and the people at the bottom.

So, we have people who are willing to listen to someone else...aka, be part of society, accept the conditioned responses. That leaves us with the people at the top entrusted to do the right thing, but the rich and powerful always abuse their power. That's how they got there in the first place, by taking more from people and putting that wealth back into a business, or the economy, or their bank account. So, in a way it seems the world is destined to be run by a hegemony of power.

I know it's easy to think if everyone thought more, we'd be better off. I know the world would never get ANYTHING done with billions of people like me. I'm not the type to take orders. I'm the type to question and figure out what would work best. So, nothing would ever get done with a world full of people like me.

I don't know how thing can be fixed. All it takes is for one cheater to cheat, and then the entire "good people" of the world are at risk for exploitation. So, if we try to live honestly, we are at risk by being taken over by a cheater. The only way to power in a society that cheats, is to cheat yourself. You cannot win by playing fair. It doesn't work. I know we'd all like it to be that way. Still doesn't work. You can't win a board game against a cheater if you play by the rules and let that person cheat.

It's just a ugly situation. I don't have the answer.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Great post, I feel I, to a certain extent agree with a lot of what you say. The left side brain in me is however thinking, "at some level surly the right side could throw us a bone here, I mean surly if these wonderful things are possible. that there is somewhere, someone whose right side brain can do these fantastic things". If there was but a glimmer of evidence towards this then my left side would feel much more inclined to give righty abit more freedom. Its not just spiritual things your speaking of after all levitation and telekinesis are measurable by the left side of the brain - we could watch and go whoaaaaa its real
edit on 9-8-2012 by Theillixus because: Edited for missing words

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

Pretty in depth response lol. Im glad you are seeing what I see. The world is controlled by these types of thinkers, who perceive reality as a disconnected, logical and rational place. Rather a free thinking, interconnected creation.

The leaders of society need to construct society in such a way that people think and percieve a particular way, thus making them easy to control. Free thinkers and creative, intutive minds are DANGEROUS to the controlling elite! Hence a left brain dominance in society!

Ding ding .. thats the bell sheep! Time to wake up to our true nature

You dont need the answers my friend, you just need to alter your perception and understand we, not only as humanity but a planet and cosmos, are all connected through the same forces which bind creation. This is enough for you to seek the true answers you may seek, and enough to influence another to do the same, and we can bring an overall harmony back into human consciousness

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Theillixus

Thank you

I dont want people thinking in terms of duality here. I understand that is a hard concept to avoid when looking at things, and sometimes, for the human mind duality must be implied to bring a betterment in understanding what must be conveyed to the audience or readers.

I belive in a One-cosmic connection. All species, planets, stars, galaxies are all apart of the same string. So percieving on duality can be risky as your mind will start to see things in polarities. When really the two things you are comparing are actually a different measurement of the SAME thing.

Basically Im getting at; I dont want the readers to get confused and think Im saying there are ONLY left brainers here, and SOME right brainers there... that is just how I am trying to convey the message. Which is, there is a dominance in perception among the collective human of the planet. This out weighing perception is such in the eyes of logic, rational, analytical. Which there is NOTHING wrong with this perception on an individual level. And I think this is where readers are mis understanding what I am saying.. but the fact that society was CONSTRUCTED to bring about more logical perception on reality and have limited thinkers.

Whereas if we were born into a natural giving society with no force or conformity on how to see and percieve, the overall collective perception would be a balance of logical and intution, rational and creative, accepting and judgmental etc...

So please dont take my message the wrong waay, from page 1 I already had people misunderstand this and go off.. but Im trying to explain a reality on Earth in terms of perception on a collective scale the best way I can using this language.

This collective perception is in disharmony world wide, it is unbalanced through CONDITIONING (which is better then programmed, so from here on out I will use this word) of society from a very early age. My message is this; think for yourself, and percieve reality outside the "norm" of society. This is much more enlightening and will expand your overall mind and consciousness

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
*Just to make it clear for any members who are bothered with this thread... I am not saying one hemisphere of the brain is "better" then the other, both perceptions have they're benefits to the mind of the human, I am only insinuating the fact that an unbalanced mind is unhealthy for the spirit and individual who is percieving with such.

We NEED logical minds, this brinsg technological advancement to our race, but we do not need an unbalance of the two hemipsheres. This creates present day North America (lol!). Poilitcs, government.. well you can go on of how soceity is negatively dominated by the left brain, so I wont compeltely go there.

There is nothin wrong at ALL, with admiting your "version" of reality is a half truth if I may. That you have been programmed to percieve and think in a limited way. This is making you incomplete. If only each of you reading this knew what you were capable of!

Yin~Yang = Harmony of the two hemispheres, which is perfection of physical and mental realities*

Read entirely before you react

~ Love is an art

edit on 9-8-2012 by LoveisanArt because: (no reason given)

Oh, ok. I admit that I wasn't aware of that post. You are a really conscious person.

I said "HATE" with capitals but I wasn't passionate about my response. I just wanted to use emphasis, I was calm. I just think that it can be very dangerous to split a person in half and say that the other half is evil. This leads to a war against your own self. If you can not find peace within yourself, where else can you find it?

Anyway, thank you for making me aware of your post, and how you relate the left/right brain to yin/yang harmony. It makes a lot of sense.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

The answer is the beast will eat itself and create the rapid momentum to catapult to the new one.
This is natures way of renewal/rebirth. It is inherent to creation/consciouness.
What you se happening now in society is the desintegration of our old society, the old way of thinking.
There awaits though something new, something our left-side brain thinkers couldnt conceive, because the system supressed the knowledge of such grandiose concepts, for the sole purpose of keeping us locked in that left corner.The left side-brainers are in for a hell of a suprise, a good one for everyone in the end.

It is quite a brilliant storyline we are living isnt it

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I really appreciate your response, thank you

I am a spiritual being, I have to practise harmonizing thoughts, feelings, emotions, being conscious at most times, especially peace within. So I understand Self more then these posters realize, Im just trying to take it easy and bring about a message which can be more complex for some who have no knowledge or interest in what I speak of, in a simple manner which resonates at their capacity of understanding

Thank you again

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senser

The answer is the beast will eat itself and create the rapid momentum to catapult to the new one.
This is natures way of renewal/rebirth. It is inherent to creation/consciouness.
What you se happening now in society is the desintegration of our old society, the old way of thinking.
There awaits though something new, something our left-side brain thinkers couldnt conceive, because the system supressed the knowledge of such grandiose concepts, for the sole purpose of keeping us locked in that left corner.The left side-brainers are in for a hell of a suprise, a good one for everyone in the end.

It is quite a brilliant storyline we are living isnt it

*claps* ^_^

Bravo my friend, nice input to this thread. You detailed what I have been saying in a much shorter post Lol! Thank you as well! It willl be one heck of a ride. The overall left brainers dont realize they are interconnected with all on the planet. They need proof and "evidence" of this, or it will "not compute" with them (haha).
The right brainers already feel they are apart of a grand web with all interconnceted within this web. In my personal belive on this reality, everything in apart of the one thing, I feel the Earth spirit is very off balance because of our overall behavior and lowered consciousness on this planet.

It must be frustrating being a planet at times with such an ignorant-conditioned race dominating it. The disharmony humans have with eachother, animals (we still kill and eat mammel-lifeforms), plants, oceans (oil spills), sky (chemtrials) ... its sick and causes an overall bad energy on the grid of Earth, which effects the grid of the solar system, which effects other systems.. you see how this works now?

HARMONY of the left and right brain is my metaphor of, balancing (yin-yang) perception on reality and overall behavior of the masses. Thus, bringing harmony back to nature, and that connection we have with it. The planet and human race will then flourish

~ Love is an art

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Ad for the 'splitting up' the brain banter, there is the corpus callosum, which makes it a dynamic machine. X marks the spot, in chiromancy, and there's a torque like effect when lightning strikes, between the halves.

I used to write to a person some time after such a phenomenon would occur, who quickly conditioned me to not bother communicating anymore. I would pare back my words, carefully edit, and then reconsider every word I used before sending a letter. It got such that I would receive a single question mark as my awaited reply. As time went on, I realized I was being played for a crazy, since a political motive had been established which would become clear to me, over time. It's about something in the future, something dull and grim, which he'd already thought out.

"I'm becoming worried about you and your ability to communicate", was one of the longer, masterpiece letters I rec'd. It must have broke the bank. The question mark replies were just as clear of a portent indicator. I just didn't want to acknowledge it.

Some of us have never heard their motor hum.
edit on 10-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
In this reality, I do need my self (left brain conscious mind) in order to experience what my free will decides to in my lifetime. Understanding on a deeper level than rational thought (right brain sub/unconscious mind) how infinite and limitless are my experiences, and how I am taking part in the creation process is what brings balance.

Deprogramming is like shattering a mirror; yeah you still have the frame of the metaphysical reality, but how can you apply divine wisdom to your everyday accomplishments in life without the conscious intention to do so?
edit on 11-8-2012 by sgspecial19 because: typo

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

We Thank you..

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Hmmm...anybody wonder when those aliens/gods are going to come back to earth and say you all are worthy for the use the of your entire brain and let us evolve into immortals but probably not since the human race is so destructive and cruel.
edit on 11-8-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Try to mimic nature more when explaining things and keep it simple.

The key is balance. both left and right need to be balanced. Just as there are a lot of left brained logical thinkers in the real world. There are a majority of right brained day dreamers here. I have attained a certain level of balance between the 2 and are capable of taking flights of fancy but still remaining logical. Might sound contradictory but what else would it seem like to someone with a bias to one or the other.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Well written post. Its nice to see another one find their way out of the Matrix. After some posts here on ATS, I see some people who are very robotic and are asking for scientific evidence to even listen to something, and if there isnt any, they disregard it. And thats the purpose of the programming so they are actually being good droids by definition.

edit on 11-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by daynight42
The only way to power in a society that cheats, is to cheat yourself. You cannot win by playing fair. It doesn't work. I know we'd all like it to be that way. Still doesn't work. You can't win a board game against a cheater if you play by the rules and let that person cheat.

It's just a ugly situation. I don't have the answer.

I have thought about this subject a lot lately, seeing a lot of people get ahead by pushing down others and thinking nothing of it.

The only way to win is not to play. Dont be a part of the game. Realize that this game we call life is just an experience. Its only important to "win" if you want to gain a lot of money so you can buy useless things you dont need before you die.

I was living near the brazilian rain forest for a while and I realized that most of the things we think are so important in the western world are basically all useless in terms of trying to gain happiness from them. So there is no need to take part of the society game. The winner gets more useless items. So what?

edit on 11-8-2012 by PrimitiveWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I feel what you are saying OP. I do find myself stuck in the rational, logical world a little too often, which is funny considering I'm a musician, but I distinctly remember two periods in my life where it felt like I completely lost touch with these abilities-- one when I was very young, 3 or 4 (in tune with dreams and paranormal), and one when I was 18 or 19 (self-awareness and intuition). If you have any suggestions on how to reawaken these abilities, PLEASE let me know...

I do admit that I appreciate logic and evidence as a navigation tool if nothing else. There is so much quackery out there right alongside the real deal, that it makes it damn near impossible to figure out what's real and what isn't (from the comfort of my own home using the internet anyways), and so exploring topics with at least some evidence becomes especially significant for me.

I suppose if some things like levitation can't be proven through rigorous scientific observation or logic, then perhaps it could at least be proved that there exists general phenomena that cannot be proven by science, indicating a flaw in the method itself? I don't know much about this stuff, but I think Gödel's incompleteness theorems get at this.. but my suspicion it's the whole "observation" thing in science, that most of the phenomena like ESP and metaphysical occurrences involve direct, subjective experience, resulting in anecdotal evidence at best. Also they involve immeasurables like "intention", "fear" etc (although neuroscience gets closer every day...)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join