It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge accused of creating 'unusual shroud of secrecy' in movie theater shooting case

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
For those interested in the specific story about the woman who is being discussed by the last few members, go here: www.abovetopsecret.com... ...

It is focused on the woman in question. And that thread could probably benefit from some of the research you all have already done.

I posted the info that I came up on the woman in question with over on the other thread.

I hope it helps them out.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikemck1976

Originally posted by scottromansky
For someone who was falling asleep and acting very strange at the trial, seems to be able to write just fine in my opinion.

Now if we can only get a copy of a page from that notebook he apparently sent to the school, and see if the handwriting matches up that would be great.
edit on 9-8-2012 by scottromansky because: (no reason given)

This is his Booking Sheet, it was filled out by a Corrections Officer by the name of D. Burns.

Would like to see a proper hand writing analysis done, if anyone has more experience. Will ask my girlfriend to make a thread later in the week if she has the time (she's pretty well-read on the subject.)

One thing I do know about it is when someone is asked to write on a lines, _____________, and they don't - this can mean that they are (During the time in which they wrote) very Vain.

So during the time that he was writing this down, was he feeling especially vain during the time?

I'm no expert on this once again - but I think I know what I'll be studying up on in the near future due to Holmes's very strange style.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
It's my understanding that this document was written by the arresting officer - not the accused. Am I mistaken?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maurice2014
reply to post by mikemck1976

"The guy in Court is 'not' James Holmes. Please share this picture, someone will know who the imposter is. My bet is they brought him from another Country."

(How many people have one ear stick out that much more than the other ear? The nose is totally different. Much longer and narrower on the imposter.)
This image is heavily circulating around social networks. What’s your take on it?

edit on 10-8-2012 by Maxmars because: fixed link

My take on that is that the people in the photos are one and the same person, James Holmes.

In order to do an accurate facial comparison the photos would have to share the same aspects, such as facial expression, distance of subject from the camera, and position in the frame.

The two photos that are used in the comparison share none of these criteria. That's why they seem not to match, such as in one photo he is smiling and in the other he is not.
When the smiling photo is compared with the photo with no smile, the smile makes the nose seem different, due to the muscles used in the face when smiling that make the nose flare at the same time.

Due to this reason and others, I feel that the comparison is misleading.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
It's my understanding that this document was written by the arresting officer - not the accused. Am I mistaken?

This is what it says on the paperwork and in the quoted post.

It was filled out by a Corrections Officer by the name of D. Burns.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Most likely judge is keeping things secret for specific reasons

1) Sanity hearing to determine if Holmes is competent to stand trial - Ie can understand gravity of charges,
know difference between right and wrong and particiapte in own defense

2) This will probably be a death penalty case (IMO should just string him up now....). Attempting to forstall
any charges by defense that excessive publicity prejudiced the jury against Holmes

Fact that couple of conspiracy loons are getting bent out of shape because judge is not feeding their purient
fascination is tough.......

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517
reply to post by thedman

conspiracy loons

Heh ..... get off this site, [snip].

Thanks. I needed a laugh!

edit on 10-8-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I don't see a problem here. Mr Holmes will have to stand trial. The more information about him that is released before a jury is selected the harder it will be to provide the accused with a fair trial.

I realize there are people, especially those deep into the gun culture, who favor the notion that Mr Holmes is a government mind control subject. This conspiracy theory holds that Holmes was deliberately conditioned and trained by government operatives to carry out a mass murder as part of a series of incidents (including the earlier Gabby Giffords shooting and the subsequent Wisconsin shooting) so that the Federal government can swoop in, 2nd Amendment be damned, and ban all sorts of firearms. They want more information about him in the belief it will reveal the weave of the conspiracy. Also, they find it delicious just to be able to impugn the motives of a "government" Judge. My take is that they should wait until after the trial when much more information and perhaps even some evidence one way or another will be available.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

The last thing on my mind if a crazed man outfitted head to toe in combat gear, wearing a gas mask and spraying bullets everywhere, interrupted a movie i was watching would be to stick around, grap my cell phone flip it open or unlock it, select the icon to open the camera and start recoding

Id pretty much be fleeing for my life...thats just me i guess...

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
As tragic, albeit expected (in the US) as this incident was, it has to be said; damn! that was one shítty film.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacobjones
I tend to agree with the OP, and others on ATS, who have said, Holmes is in some sort of drug induced stupor. This theory would go hand in hand with this thread here. "Drug the defendant and sweep the details under the rug, F*%# justice". I read an article the other day on a mainstream website (not sure of it, sort of like msn) the main topic of the article was how Holmes appears to be in a stupor still even in his 3rd court appearance. I look at his eyes and he looks stoned out of his mind. Must be some pretty good # they got him on. Is it standard practice to drug the piss out of someone standing trial ?

You have to realize Holmes is and has exhibited behavior of a paranoid schizophrenia. With that said the drugs used to treat schizophrenia are known as some of your real "heavy hitters". Look up Thorazine, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Resperidal, Geodon, just to name a few. These induce somewhat of a hypnotic stupor. It usually takes trial and error before you find a combination that works at controlling symptoms. My guess is, he is on a combination of anti psychotics. These are much more powerful than marijuana.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
They're worried about a fair trial? This is the stuff they released already:

1. He was seeing a shrink
2. He sent something to a shrink
3. He had a certain mental illness
4. He wasn't doing well in school during the year
5. He flunked his exams
6. He dropped out of school
7. He had a profile on a adult dating site.

How exactly are they trying to protect his privacy?

the funny thing is if you look at the time of the exams..if he planned the attack for a few months that means he started planning the attack before he failed the exams..also did anybody positively identify him inside the theatre before the shooting ?? not a hard guy to miss IMO..also I think the security tapes behind the theatre should show without a shadow a doubt that it was him
edit on 11-8-2012 by primetime2123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrormaster

Well, a fail at reading on my part. I now see the anomaly in the pictures that were referred to.

posted on Aug, 11 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Do to so many threads on this subject, I wanted to see if anyone was looking into this.

One, why has his hair remained this long? Most suspects that are going to stay in custody get a cut.

Two, His hair color should have been different, or at least more root color should be showing. Hair coloring like this (bright colors) require a different process to keep and will wash out much faster then normal colors (brown, black, red etc,.).

Just thought Id share a thought I was having looking at the newest photos.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The facts of this case are extremely "odd" looked at from the perspective of previous studies of spree killers and mass murderers. I hate to say it but it really looks like JE Holmes went out of his way to try and establish a "legacy" that would convince the general public he's your run of the mill spree killer, unbalanced person.

He has no / very little history of treatment for mental illness, especially in his childhood.

Though he is described as being socially inept / challenged his academic success prior to his spree doesn't fit the normal models except for a couple of rare cases of serial killers who were physicians that I can think of.

There's no evidence of an agenda other than to emulate a fictional villain. The small amount of background evidence looks more like an effort to establish himself as being obsessed than a true obsession. A small amount of Batman paraphernalia and an obvious effort to create a witness to his "joker" answering machine message? Not enough for a true obsessive, not by far.

I'm not aware of any planning materials or rehearsals including weapons practice.

Lastly, he was taken alive after making it all the way to his vehicle. Without the dyed hair and after removing his gas mask, carrier vest and disposing of his weapons he could have very well walked away from the scene undetected. Then, he tells the police about his trapped apartment rather than following through on his "planned explosives" ambush left for them.

Either this idiot is really a copycat killer, making a clumsy attempt to emulate other spree killers and throwing in a mass media connection for a bit more headline mileage (I'm leaning towards this explanation) or people who suspect he was set on this course and his actions are purely to try and make him look like something he's not are not so far fetched as many would believe.

I'm convinced this dude is not a genuine spree killer, however. He just doesn't fit the pattern.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

I think that he wasn't a killer at all, until his programing was switched on (MK Ultra). That's what the woman in the red dress was going on about.

The Batman/Joker stuff was something that he was into, an easy path into his mind, it wasn't an obsession, his handlers and programers used this to their advantage, a gateway one might say, into his mind. They built on that and used it for his trigger mechanism.

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Who was this woman? Was she in any way connected to Holmes? Did she work at the same facilty where Holmes was involved as a student? Or are the 2 total strangers?

posted on Aug, 12 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Spree kills are always "angry". There's always something they are enraged at and the act is somehow related to going after the target of that anger. The two most common examples of this are school and workplace killing sprees.

The killers almost without fail will have a history of mental illness, treated or not and looking back we can show they were doing what I can only term a "slow burn" for a long time prior to finally acting out. Even though it's common for family members and close acquaintances to make the "he was so quiet, nice, I can't believe he did this / I don't understand why" type comments there is always at least one or more incidents prior that point to the inevitable bad conclusion.

These guys always plan things out and even in cases that seem similar (a seemingly random location, the most similar to this being restaurant massacres) we can still find some logical reason for that location being chosen.
Some examples of similar cases:

Luby's in Kileen, TX - The shooter was enraged with people who lived in this county, felt the county and specifically women in it were conspiring against him (delusions) and chose the Luby's after having been seen scouting other public locations such as a post office. Profilers say he chose the Luby's as it had the most potential victims and the least security (he missed the police convention going on that day 1 building away, fortunately).

San Ysidro McDonald's - Not only was the shooter an obvious mental case, he managed to marry someone just as crazy. Was found to have high levels of heavy metals in his system from Welding, chose his target because he thought the Chicken Nuggets he ate obsessively were the cause of his mental and physical problems. (His wife even tried to sue McDonald's after the massacre w/ this claim). He was also obsessed w/ end of society / survivalists issues and really, really did not like Hispanics.

Those are the closest non school / workplace incidents I can think of (where the shooter's motive was either extremely delusional or mostly unknown). Still, in each case we can at least see some semblance of a target. In the case of this shooting there just isn't anything that makes sense. He identified w/ a Batman character so he targeted other people who would share his attraction? Where's the anger?

Look, I'm not saying this guy is some government programmed assassin but I can't say it's impossible. The facts of this case being so far from the normal models is really weird, though. Also, I wouldn't put staging incidents like this past certain people who want to disarm US Citizens. In every other nation where guns have been banned it's been a result of public outcry following a mass shooting incident. There's obviously something in this guys background somebody wants kept out of the public discussion.

posted on Aug, 19 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2

Yes, very strange. What about the other student who threatened violence if they didn't release Holmes. He was never was arrested - strange too.

first time I've heard that one. Looked it up and not too much comes up. All they did was question him. Couldn't have been the second gunman? and the apartment that went up in flames a block away from James's apartment still seems suspicious to me, Haven't heard of any arrests from that even though people there said they saw someone running away with a gas canister. Then the nurse drowning... Just seems like alot isn't being investigated and these suspicious things are just brushed under the rug.

Been also finding it odd that no one from his past has said if he was a big Batman fan. Just something past college roommates, when he was at those camps and friends might of noticed- Batman posters, T-shirts, etc around. Just to confirm he really was this obsessed with Batman. Did he just became a big batman fan the 4 months before the shooting?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join