It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge accused of creating 'unusual shroud of secrecy' in movie theater shooting case

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MiaWallace
www.nydailynews.com...

newyork.newsday.com...

Please take a look at both of these links from news agencies, why are most of the photos out there altered of the gas mask, what is the white thing next to original photo and why was it photoshopped out and by? whom....

those are not the same images at all and I can see the white-ish objects in the upper right hand corner of the second image, it's at another angle.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Originally posted by mikemck1976

Judge accused of creating 'unusual shroud of secrecy' in movie theater shooting case

news.yahoo.com

The former grad student charged in last month's deadly shooting rampage at a Colorado movie theater gave his religion as "agnostic" and his occupation as "laborer" when booked into jail, according to a document released to Yahoo News this week.

The Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office booking report provides few other details about James Eagan Holmes or his motive for allegedly opening fire during a midnight showing of "Dark Knight Rises." Twelve people were killed and 58 others wounded.

The 24-year-old suspected gunman gave jailers his mother's name as an emergency contact.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9-8-2012 by mikemck1976 because: Words

Your quote gives no information relating to your title. Please adhere to standard forum etiquette. Thank you.

That's what the link is for. Click it and read the article.

This thread was posted in the preset format and manner that the forum calls for. Who died and made you Mod?

Please try to stick to the subject matter.

P.S. I gave you a star for your comment. Wasn't that what you were trolling for anyway? You've been fed now go away. I'm done with you as of now.

P.S.S. Thank you Mod, for fixing this problem. I can't stand railroaders. Now back to the subject at hand.

edit on 9-8-2012 by mikemck1976 because: P.S.S. to the almighty Mod.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by scottromansky

Sorry, man.
Did you notice there has been no assurance that anything was ever "written" in this notebook. Of all the reports I've heard, the notebook contains

full details about how he was going to kill people, drawings of what he was going to do in it, and drawings and illustrations of the massacre.

So without handwriting, this notebook is essentially the "evidence" anyone might need to prove there was premeditation - this prevents an insanity plea from coming to the table, paints "his crime" as even more heinous, and further solidifies his condemnation. People will make up their minds that he's sick; and history has been written.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

There was some drama during Thursday's mostly procedural hearing. A woman seated in the second-to-last row of the courtroom stood up and said she had evidence of judicial misconduct on behalf of the public defender. "I tried to deliver information vital to the defense of James Holmes to the public defender," the woman--in a red dress with a shaved head--said, her voice shaking. [Related: How the media should cover mass shootings, and why it can't] The woman, who was held by two deputies, said the defense team told her they were not willing to speak to Holmes about that information. "It will do the victims' families justice to have this information," the woman, who identified herself as Allison Michelle Ernst, said as she was led out of the courtroom.

So I guess nobody saw or paid attention to this.....I found it interesting and I wonder what info she has

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Perhaps judge is not releasing details in an attempt to stifle media coverage in order to make committing such attrocities seem less uh, glamorous. Its early that was a poor choice of words.

The less of a circus the less likely the guy will be perceived as having been made famous for his acts.

No... by not releasing the details it creates more speculation and wild theories and non-stop hypothesizing about what really happened. We will continue to discuss this as one of those unsolved classic conspiracy theories until we have real answers. If they would just give us some god damn answers it would put all our minds at rest and let us move on. Releasing the details does absolutely nothing to glamorize his horrendous acts, it merely provides us with the answers we need.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Evil is in control of the land. If you are not one of them you will be jailed and have a hard time getting a fair trial.
It is too late for us to take our freedom back. Tptb have won. It hurts living in this prison and watching everyone do nothing as the ship sinks

edit on 10-8-2012 by Teeky because: word

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by BLACKOWT
news.yahoo.com...

There was some drama during Thursday's mostly procedural hearing. A woman seated in the second-to-last row of the courtroom stood up and said she had evidence of judicial misconduct on behalf of the public defender. "I tried to deliver information vital to the defense of James Holmes to the public defender," the woman--in a red dress with a shaved head--said, her voice shaking. [Related: How the media should cover mass shootings, and why it can't] The woman, who was held by two deputies, said the defense team told her they were not willing to speak to Holmes about that information. "It will do the victims' families justice to have this information," the woman, who identified herself as Allison Michelle Ernst, said as she was led out of the courtroom.

So I guess nobody saw or paid attention to this.....I found it interesting and I wonder what info she has

Yes, very strange. What about the other student who threatened violence if they didn't release Holmes. He was never was arrested - strange too.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mikemck1976

Interesting, but there are possible reasons other than any fair trial issues. Those are very real, though, and the judge could simply be trying to avoid having the case tried in the media, and the jury pool inundated with so much information that they can't remain impartial. There is also the possibility that, if there were others involved, they don't want to reveal data that would alert those individuals that the authorities know about them. Of course, there is the slim possibility that the authorities are protecting someone, but I see that as very slim.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta
In the video at the bottom of the article linked is an interview with one of the attorneys associated with the case. The reason given by this person about the secrecy of the case at this point is (paraphrased) "The authorities are still conducting interviews with witnesses and do not want their testimony tainted with what they could have heard in the news." Although I am very interested in knowing the details, this to me seems to be a very good reason for withholding information. It is standard practice not to discuss an ongoing investigation and apparently they are still collecting evidence in the case. I can see, once this information is obtained, the case will be reopened to the public but for now they are simply attempting to keep it as non-biased testimony as much as possible.

Now that sounds like a VERY good reason to me! Memories can, and are, altered over time; that has been proven, and keeping things quiet is a good move. Whether anyone actually stated that or not, it's a reason I hadn't thought about.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

www.nydailynews.com...

newyork.newsday.com...

Please take a look at both of these links from news agencies, why are most of the photos out there altered of the gas mask, what is the white thing next to original photo and why was it photoshopped out and by? whom....

If you look closely, it's clear those pictures are from different angles (look at the mouth portion of the mask), and the white object (looks like some sort of cloth to me) is visible in both, just not as much in one pic as in the other.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

the height discrepancy doesn't bother me nearly as much as the hair color in the report. obviously we know it is not naturally red.. however was he writing the report off a drivers license, going by his own observation, either way if he was claiming to be the Joker he would have said "red" or they took it off his DL which would state Brown, either way, it is a discrepancy. His eyes clearly seem blue in the mug shot, however lighting can play a lot however I will say I have hazel eyes and they would never be misinterpreted as blue which his clearly are.. now again I know when I have been really drunk they turn bright green so drugs could change the color.. I do believe the two pics are the same person I personally can't explain all the convoluted info.. did anyone take a look at the two reports I posted earlier in this thread and why on earth the pic of the gas mask has been photo shopped.. one shows a white object in the picture, the more recent show that object photo shopped out.

Well, he did dye (or paint) his hair, so listing the natural color isn't indicative of anything sinister, IMO. The eyes? Nah. Mine are green, but they go from rather light to pretty dark, depending on mood, and once in awhile to grey or even blueish. My brother and oldest daughter both have eyes that change even more, from blue to grey to green, to anything in between, pretty regularly. It may not be common (not sure), but it does happen. So maybe when he was booked, they looked a different color than the DL stated. I know with mine, some dork in a pawn shop listed mine as "hazel", which they have never appeared, and didn't at the time. Unless eyes are very clearly a certain shade, people get funny about naming them.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I tend to agree with the OP, and others on ATS, who have said, Holmes is in some sort of drug induced stupor. This theory would go hand in hand with this thread here. "Drug the defendant and sweep the details under the rug, F*%# justice". I read an article the other day on a mainstream website (not sure of it, sort of like msn) the main topic of the article was how Holmes appears to be in a stupor still even in his 3rd court appearance. I look at his eyes and he looks stoned out of his mind. Must be some pretty good # they got him on. Is it standard practice to drug the piss out of someone standing trial ?

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com...

Wow, I did not see that!
Who is this woman? How does she know Holmes? Most importantly, what does she know?

Evidence of judicial misconduct on behalf of the public defender, that is one hell of accusation.

I'm going to try to look this woman up. I would love to know what she says she knows.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com...

Wow, I did not see that!
Who is this woman? How does she know Holmes? Most importantly, what does she know?

Evidence of judicial misconduct on behalf of the public defender, that is one hell of accusation.

I'm going to try to look this woman up. I would love to know what she says she knows.

1) Perhaps this was a fellow researcher? A fellow student?
2) Perhaps a paid actress acting on behalf of the media to create a "newsworthy" scene? Or the defense to lay groundwork for a future mistrial? The prosecution to taunt the defense to reveal it's intended strategy?
3) Maybe one among the many people who express some bizarre psychosis that makes them 'fixate' on a mass murdering criminals as misunderstood heroes?

Misconduct is the legal purview of the BAR... (which is why so many lawyers never go to jail.) Her allegations have a place there, not in the courtroom at this stage.

If they turn her away she can always contact Federal Marshals who can investigate... or the state's coroner's office.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

"The guy in Court is 'not' James Holmes. Please share this picture, someone will know who the imposter is. My bet is they brought him from another Country."

(How many people have one ear stick out that much more than the other ear? The nose is totally different. Much longer and narrower on the imposter.)
This image is heavily circulating around social networks. What’s your take on it?

edit on 10-8-2012 by Maxmars because: fixed link

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

news.yahoo.com...

Wow, I did not see that!

1) Perhaps this was a fellow researcher? A fellow student?
2) Perhaps a paid actress acting on behalf of the media to create a "newsworthy" scene? Or the defense to lay groundwork for a future mistrial? The prosecution to taunt the defense to reveal it's intended strategy?
3) Maybe one among the many people who express some bizarre psychosis that makes them 'fixate' on a mass murdering criminals as misunderstood heroes?

Misconduct is the legal purview of the BAR... (which is why so many lawyers never go to jail.) Her allegations have a place there, not in the courtroom at this stage.

If they turn her away she can always contact Federal Marshals who can investigate... or the state's coroner's office.

O.K., I think I tracked Allison Michelle Ernst down. Could this be her?.....

As far as I can tell, she's a Lawyer!

From her page: ’ Ms. Ernst graduated from Michigan State University College of Law, and received an Equal Justice Works Fellowship for the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic at Michigan State University. She married her husband, a Chief Warrant Officer on Active Duty with the U.S. Army, and moved with him to Colorado. She was hired with the Colorado Public Defenders Office, spending 6 years defending indigent clients. Ms. Ernst has handled thousands of criminal cases, vigorously defending her clients from all manner of charges, ranging from disorderly conduct to homicides and sex assaults ‘

Here is her website....
Becker & Ernst LLC

What's up with that?

edit on 10-8-2012 by mikemck1976 because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
i think you're right, the guy with the dark hair seemed to have straighter hair, but the jokers is all poofy and whatnot. plus the lips are totally different.

And that article about the lawyer in the back of the courtroom. I wish she'd release a statement or something about her evidence of judicial misconduct. Something has struck me as off about this whole incident from th start.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Well, I can't vouch for the identity... but whoever it was... if she is part of the legal system, she could be censured by the judge and that ends the story unless she wants to risk her career.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
For those interested in the specific story about the woman who is being discussed by the last few members, go here: www.abovetopsecret.com... ...

It is focused on the woman in question. And that thread could probably benefit from some of the research you all have already done.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
We need a Sheriff Joe Arpaio type to get involved and start investigating this incident. Better yet, a well organized militia (if Colorado even has one) group needs to recruit some retired police officers and private investigators to start investigating this, which would include questioning all of the witnesses involved to get their side of the story away from the pressure of the authorities.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join