It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch what happens when Guns are banned in Australia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by mal1970

Criminals are always going to have their firearms, because they know the black market and how to obtain them. Firearms are the tools of trade for robbers, it's how they protect themselves when theyre robbing you blind. Disarming the citizenry only makes them more vulnerable. Everyone becomes a target when firearms are banned. When criminals know there are no more firearms on the streets for citizens to buy for self defense, crime does increase exponentially because the fear criminals have of being shot during a home invasion becomes non-existential and they grow bolder.

It is criminals that is the reason why all them plastic coffins in fema camps
Are there and tougher laws introduced spying and censorship etc oooopsss you didnt hear that.

Child molesters, obitual criminals, murderes, rapists, muggers etc

Watch this space ..... Also watch out for zero tolerance in about 50yrs

It is not the government that is the conspiracie.... but people who shouldn't
be on this planet .. so blame them not the governement .

I cannot wait!!! it is the bad ones that are messing it up for us

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yeah, what's that old saying?? When guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yeah, what's that old saying?? When guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns.

Indeed. Gun control is victim disarmament.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
When criminals get a new trick so then the governement have to introduce tougher
measures .. who sufferes ... us.. who do we blame... the governement .wtf

Bring on the chips wipe out the bad guys keep check on who they are.

This is the future that our criminals are bringing in..
Pretty soon you will have to outsmart them by bringing in chips etc

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Charlatans are going on the green list . murderers on the red list along with rapists child molesters etc.
Muggers thieves in general on the yellow list ready to be moved to the camps if they have not reformed
after a period.

Charlatans spreading dissinfomation for profit will be watched very closely more than now

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Originally posted by Darkrunner
I must admit, I don't like it when foreigners comment on our gun laws here in the US, so I am not going to comment on gun laws in other countries.

My take on it is, Australians, Canadians and the English should refrain from offering their two cents on what goes on in this country regarding guns, and we should do the same regarding theirs.

This is ATS and we are all allowed to comment sir mam peace

Indeed, all are free to comment. I was simply saying why I've learned to stop commenting on their country's business. I don't like it when outsiders comment on things they don't understand here in America, so I have made a decision to stop commenting on things in foreign countries that I haven't experienced first hand.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

FEMA camps and FEMA coffins aren't for criminals. Theyre for the christians who will not allow a tyrannical government to rule over them because we already have a King and we put him first, everything else gets to take a number and wait in line. The government will eventually see us as wild cards and they can't have wildcards in a stacked deck, thats why you're seeing a crackdown on christianity and why everything is starting to target us via media, newspapers etc., and the gag order the government tried to issue on preachers preaching against homosexuality failed. We are being seen as haters because we go against the status quo and they can't have that either. So get ready for it because we're entering into the Tribulation.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I must admit, I don't like it when foreigners comment on our gun laws here in the US, so I am not going to comment on gun laws in other countries.

My take on it is, Australians, Canadians and the English should refrain from offering their two cents on what goes on in this country regarding guns, and we should do the same regarding theirs.

This is ATS and we are all allowed to comment sir mam peace

Indeed, all are free to comment. I was simply saying why I've learned to stop commenting on their country's business. I don't like it when outsiders comment on things they don't understand here in America, so I have made a decision to stop commenting on things in foreign countries that I haven't experienced first hand.

This is a public forum, opinions mostly. I agree, non citizens shouldn't be telling citizens how to live but that's the way it is in many countries.

edit on 8-8-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

FEMA camps and FEMA coffins aren't for criminals. Theyre for the christians who will not allow a tyrannical government to rule over them because we already have a King and we put him first

May i ask what charlatan told you that
?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

FEMA camps and FEMA coffins aren't for criminals. Theyre for the christians who will not allow a tyrannical government to rule over them because we already have a King and we put him first

May i ask what charlatan told you that
?

Current events man, current events.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If we can drive thousands of species to extinction each year, then it is easy enough to make firearms obsolete over time.

I don't want my children or any member of my family-to-be affected by any sort of violence.

Weapons in the hands of the general public is a stupid idea, and is proven to be so every single day.

The emerging system is a good thing. It is going to give our upcoming societies structure and normality, not to mention safety.

Who cares if you love guns? Who cares if it is in your constitution? Your fore-fathers didn't expect the kind of degraded and failed society you have borne, and would be deeply ashamed of you.

That goes for every nation, not just the U.S.

All it takes is for a criminal to break in to your house while you aren't there and steal your weapons. Then you have no weapons and they have some. It's as simple as that. You may go and buy more weapons, but hey, they might get stolen, too.

As a species, we are so sick, so demented, so sure of ourselves and yet, if you didn't know, we all die.

Why spend your days being over-protective of your so-called rights? Why be so damned sure that you deserve a gun?

Why not realize that you have a choice to move to a place that is so much safer than where you live?

Why not educate your children, put it in their heads that guns are bad?

Why not, slowly, over time, help to create a planet that has forgotten violence?

I'll tell you why; you love violence. You can't get enough of the games, the movies and all other types of media that feed your urge for violence.

Your twisted brains have decided that your eyes shall become numb to the horrors of death, and all things related.

You tell your children that national heroes are soldiers, which are in fact, death machines. They haven't seen war with their own eyes, and when they go off and experience it, they come back riddled with broken thoughts and a damaged soul.

If they don't come back feeling sick at the things that they have witnessed, then they are monsters.

We have to vote responsible people into the Governments. If you want your Country run by good people, raise your children right, and help them understand that becoming a politician will help their country more than they will ever know.

Education is key.

If every gun was destroyed today, the children of tomorrow wouldn't even know they existed, and that is a good thing.

You're all so paranoid that your government wants to hurt you, and you may be right.

So, go out there and VOTE VOTE VOTE.

Do your honest-to-god research on who is the best candidates and make sure they represent you.

They might not all be so good today, but as I said earlier, if you raise your children to appreciate politics, it will make for a better future.

The world is evolving, and we have to help it along.

There are far too many people now to just turn our eyes away. We have to address the hard facts that old habits die hard.

So be it.

My grandfather doesn't like my type of music. Why? Because it is different to what he was used to in his day.

When my grandchildren are sitting at the dinner table with me in thirty five years or so, I want them to ask me questions about the times that I lived in when I was their age.

I will tell them about guns and war and they will laugh and tell me that guns and war are just plain retarded.

GUNS ARE JUST PLAIN RETARDED.

Get rid of them and start the next phase of our world on the right foot.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sablicious
Take The United States Of New South Fails numbers out of the Australian statistics and all of a sudden gun control starts looking a whole lot more effective!

Oh gun control is very effective... Allowing governments to murder their citizens by the millions:

"Anti Self-Defense (gun control) & The Mass Extermination Of Peoples

20 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to

1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '1, '2, '3.

1.5 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '4.

13 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews and others who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated. '5.

20 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '6

100 thousand exterminated for lack of self-defense. Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '7.

300 thousand exterminated for lack of self-defense. Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated. '8, '9.

1 million exterminated for lack of self-defense. Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million 'educated' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated." '10.

56 million total, exterminated for lack of self-defense. Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: 56 million.

The next time someone talks in favor of Anti Self Defense (gun control), ask them "Who do YOU want to round up and EXTERMINATE?" Please pause and reflect on the MASSIVE AMOUNT of lives lost because the means of self defense were deprived these people. Now you may begin to understand why gun owners are prepared to defend the "Right to Keep and Bear Arms" with all thierr might as our Founding Fathers did! This is not idle talk, references are provided. The media is not giving facts, next time they quote statistics supposedly in favor of Anti Self Defense (gun control) Ask for references, you will be astonished at the lack there of, and half truths used to support their "Anti Self-Defense" agenda.

End notes
Lethal Laws. By Jay Simkin, Aaron Zelman, & Alan M. Rice. Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, P.O. Box 270143, Hartford, WI 53027 (262) 673-9745 et al. '1. Simkin et al., supra note 2, at 98. '2. Decree of the Council of People's Commissars, 10 December 1918, reprinted in 4 Decrees of Soviet Power 123 (Moscow 1968), reprinted in Simkin et al., supra note 2, at 123 '3. Id. at 100-04. '4. Id. at 83. '5. Raul Hilberg, The Destruction of the European Jews 318-20 (1985). '6. Id. at 190. '7. Id. at 229. '8. Id. at 276. '9. Id. at 278. '10. Simkin et al., supra note 2, at 315. For more in depth detail visit: www.jpfo.org..., www.jpfo.org..."

Source: this is a flier/mailer I put together years ago on gun control

edit on 8-8-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
so to those in other countries, just cause you guys have no way to defend your self during the next invasion and no way to protect yourself when your government turns on you, doesn't mean American citizens have to suffer your same fate, sure with today's military advancements it would be difficult to survive a invasion and/or revolution, but at least we have a chance you guys are dead and/or slaves as soon as the wrong person with power decides it, unless u are going to fight with slingshots and bows and arrows(well, the ewoks did it, so u might have a chance
)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

If we can drive thousands of species to extinction each year, then it is easy enough to make firearms obsolete over time.

I don't want my children or any member of my family-to-be affected by any sort of violence.

Weapons in the hands of the general public is a stupid idea, and is proven to be so every single day.

We have had over a hundred years of drug prohibition and it has failed miserably and in fact encouraged criminal elements to saturate our streets. Alcohol prohibition failed miserably and created the major organized crime rings that still operate today but finally was repealed. What makes you think gun prohibition can work? Criminals will always have what they want prohibition is like throwing gas on the fire since it drives profits through the roof giving incentive to get more of what is supposedly prohibited.

Guns won us our freedom and have protected it ever since. Weapons in the hands of the general public is what has kept us from totalitarianism for 200 years! What is stupid is people who fail to learn history and are doomed to repeat it. A violence free world is a wonderful goal however there will always be evil people who care nothing for your notions of peace and depriving yourself and others of the means of self defense against such people will ensure your children will be at the mercy (or lack there of) of violent evil people!

edit on 8-8-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unrealised

I will tell them about guns and war and they will laugh and tell me that guns and war are just plain retarded.

GUNS ARE JUST PLAIN RETARDED.

Get rid of them and start the next phase of our world on the right foot.

I hear bats and golf clubs are pretty destructive as well. Let's ban them all, cars too. God knows, cars kill people. Idiocy at it's finest. Can we keep the nukes??? I also hear machete's are popular in MX. Yup, another ban.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Like I said, Education is key.

Slow, well thought-out education.

Is that so hard to understand?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

So, you trust your government to be the only ones who 'legally' own guns?

Sorry, but there isn't a government on the face of this earth that I trust my, or my family's, life to.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mal1970

I feel this is an apt thread to add this.
Five shootings in five weeks in one square mile of Nottingham.

A SPATE of five shootings in five weeks inside a square mile of the city are now the subject of a police review to establish if they are linked.

Same as Australia, here in the UK. Guncrime increased after the bans.

www.thisisnottingham.co.uk... ings-weeks-square-mile-Nottingham/story-15978651-detail/story.html
edit on 8-8-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SourGrapes

So, you trust your government to be the only ones who 'legally' own guns?

Sorry, but there isn't a government on the face of this earth that I trust my, or my family's, life to.

Did you read my post?

Eventually, maybe even one hundred years from now, we may not even wage war.

How?

We educate each generation, precisely and with our best interests held as the most important thing there is.

Eventually we won't have armies that are used for international conflicts, or to control populations.

Our society will move beyond that.

It's either that, or we doom our species to a never-ending spiral of death.

Really think about it, and you'll pray for a better future, even if you may not be here to see it.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Meanwhile, we can all be thankful we don't live here:

autos.aol.com...

[exA driver who killed two bystanders while performing a stunt has received a death sentence from Saudi Arabian authorities. The driver, known as Mutannish in court records, will be beheaded.

His death has not yet been scheduled....In its formal report, the court of Onaiza, which handed down the sentence, authorities wrote that beheading was a suitable punishment "for his heinous deed and to deter others who tamper with the nation's security."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join