It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to see God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloudwatcher
reply to post by randyvs

Matthew 5:8 "Blessed are the pure in heart; for they shall see God." KJV

I for one, would rather take a chance on believing in this man called Jesus...I mean, really, what could it hurt? If I believe in him and he really doesn't exist, then no harm done. But, if I choose not to believe in him and he turns out to be real, well, then there would be a great deal to lose.

I eagerly anticipate the day when my maker and I meet face to face.

There is great beauty in Pascal's wager.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

When you see him...ask him why my man parts couldn't have been bigger.....and why he charges for the peep booth.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
It's amazing that a deity could create all that exists and then require us measly humans to blindly believe in him. Give us an update (evidence) guy we could us it

us human, beyond microscopic compared to the size of the universe, didnt follow rules well enough so he had to send his own offspring to die for
us. Geeze really? Couldnt a 'hey im running the show' evidence been enough? I think so but what do I know.

Btw I envy your blind faith

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

[reads OP to make sure randyvs isn't sick or dying]

remind him to have a look at his creation, it's gone bad.

relax and just listen
sure buddy, just let me set up some post hypnotic suggestions

lol

and you don't have to die to know god
or even be a christian

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

Rational philosophy can't grant everlasting life or reclaim the dead, but your point is taken. Broadly, philosophy is a quest to find the grail or the answer to everything. In those terms, it's the same as religion or spiritualism, insofar as it invents answers that're impervious to science or reasoned inspection. I think that philosophy, mostly, is not empirical, even with the best of intentions.

As for emotions, I'm not as certain as you. I just brought it up because despair is an emotion, is it not? When a loved one passes away or an old place you love is destroyed and swept away forever or a child or hero is killed harshly over several years by a debilitating disease, none of these things can be undone and neither can they those who're lost be brought back to us. When a murderer unleashes their actions on the world and escapes punishment and some day dies, the thought that there's no divine justice to make them pay for their deeds is unthinkable to some people, and similarly can bring on feelings of hopelessness and impotent righteous anger. So my thought was if there were no emotions then there might not be despair. It was only a simple thought. I hadn't thought about how emotions might be tied to drive. I'm sure there're other things I could have said.
edit on 7-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

When you see him...ask him why my man parts couldn't have been bigger

If your eye offends you pluck it out.
Would most definitely be his answer.

edit on 7-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Btw I envy your blind faith

Please save your envy. Pity yourself and don't be counted among those who will only get to see him so they know.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Mind cannot be created from matter. Mind creates the matter. something created everything we perceive to be "real." Some kind of universal mind. "god" is just a name that people have attached to the "something" out there. Religion is incorrect in my opinion to most extents. all you need is to believe for yourself.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If you don't want to wait until death before you see God and would like to see God whilst you are still alive, spend the next six months studying God's mathematical nature at:
smphillips.8m.com...
Make the effort to see God in this world.
As you will discover if you study this website, others have.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by linknumbernine
reply to post by randyvs

Mind cannot be created from matter. Mind creates the matter. something created everything we perceive to be "real." Some kind of universal mind. "god" is just a name that people have attached to the "something" out there. Religion is incorrect in my opinion to most extents. all you need is to believe for yourself.

Believe in what ? A God who can't communicate ?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

That sounds very superficial and I don't know what you're basing this off of. More assumptions I suppose. I can claim it is not a fact just more easily as you can claim it is. If someone disagrees with your assumptions, it doesn't automatically mean they're being 'neg.' I'm sure God wouldn't approve of this prejudice.

The Bible says God is love. I assume and therefore believe this is true. If your so sure of what God would approve I assume you believe in God. If you believe in God then you should want to know what he has to say to you, right ?

(My emphasis)

You cannot go through life assuming everything unless you are a glutton for disappointment. Sometimes fact-check is necessary to actually know something before claiming it as truth. That's how charlatans are exposed.

In logic an assumption is a proposition that is taken for granted, as if it were true based upon presupposition without preponderance of the facts.

Assumptions, and blind conviction in those assumptions, are dangerous.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

True philosophy is not an attempt to answer anything, only an attempt to try and understand. It is not the same as any specific because of the fact it looks at everything. As to it being empirical that is why there are different types of philosophy such as epistemology which looks at knowledge itself and questions it. I understand your point on emotions but to get rid of them is to also get rid of happiness and love. To get get of only the bad is to take away from the meaning of the good as if good is all one knows it becomes neutral. We can alter newtons law a little and say for every emotion there is an equal but opposite emotion.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by g0dhims3lf

It's not an attempt to answer anything? I disagree with that contention.

What's this then:
en.wikipedia.org...

After all, if nobody exists because solipsism is true then there's no need to have anxiety about the death of another person or thing. You can just say "Hey, it might not exist, so why worry?"

Or this:
en.wikipedia.org...

We'll be saved by technology and individualism. The future is so much better!

It's a quest to find answers. That's philosophy.

All of the philosophies are a sloppy attempt at finding answers for things. They're not empirical even though their intentions might be good. Philosophers want answers just like religious people do. Matured philosophers believe so devoutly in their philosophy that it has become a faith. All of this spaghetti can be put in one bowl and there's no good reason to separate all of it. Whether it's philosophy or religion or spiritualism or whatever else, its goal is to reassure and quiet the mind.

I already said evolution has other things in its tool belt to keep us reproducing.
edit on 7-8-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Amen, I'm with you

S & F

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Thats a link to a wikipedia page of one of the many philosophical views I was referring to. You do realize philosophy spawned science, psychology, economics, ethics so on and so forth. You must question everything to learn anything. Had someone not questioned something at sometime we would have no answers.
Of course it is sloppy at first then built upon by others. Sort of how scientists sometimes turn to science fiction to spawn new ideas in their field.
This argument does support one truth however. In philosophy as in anything else there will always be opposing views in everything. We strive to unite but are destine to fight.

edit on 7-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: add response to your edited input

edit on 7-8-2012 by g0dhims3lf because: added input

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I love this response, very fitting and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if it were an accurate assumption. God does indeed have a sense of humor.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne

Assumptions, and blind conviction in those assumptions, are dangerous.

That's exactly why you can't say God is not love when the Bible says it is so. Your negative conviction upon your own assumptions are indeed dangerous. In the face of an object piece of evidence that carries far more weight and holds more authority over these matters than you ever could.
edit on 7-8-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You called disbelief in an afterlife a "negative view."

That is personal opinion, i don't see the idea of not consciously existing forever as a negative idea at all. The desire to do so is just a side effect of the human ego.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi7

i don't

Negative.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You will not see god. Your ignorant beliefs will dislove along with your brain when you die.

After your gone the world will move on and as religion decays society as a whole will become alot less idiotic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join