It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Knight Copycat Narrowly Averted in NE Ohio

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Wow, good job by the cop!!

I don't see how a "middle seat" is a "tactical position" though? He would be trapped there by the movie-goers, and he would have a hard time walking around shooting, and a hard time stepping over and around the people he already shot, plus he is the farthest from the exit.

His choice of seating, and his bag, and his early arrival make me think he wasn't very good at what he thought he was good at....... luckily for everyone involved!

Great job again for the cop taking notice, and taking action.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Omg! You guys really need TSA on the movie theaters to fiddle with everyones junk!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Agreed. If I wanted the best vantage point I would take an end seat in the last row. Now I only have to watch my front and one side as opposed to my front and two sides.

Either way, thank god this cop trusted his instincts.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm trying to figure out... what crime he was suspected of commiting. If he had aCCL, then what's the problem? He made a mistake letting the off duty search him. He would be within his rights to not allow that. In order to be searched or even for him to show an ID, the cop must suspect him of commiting a crime.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blend57

Wth were all the knifes for? Did he think he was going to do hand to hand combat with someone?

edit on 7-8-2012 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

I think he was trying to copy the batman shooter and the Ninja in China. Only thing I can think of what all the knifes were for.
edit on 7-8-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

He doesn't have a concealed carry permit. I am watching the story on my local news now. There was a tactical vest found in his truck. The cop simply asked if he could search his bag and this guy agreed. He put up no resistance.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
reply to post by davjan4

He doesn't have a concealed carry permit. I am watching the story on my local news now. There was a tactical vest found in his truck. The cop simply asked if he could search his bag and this guy agreed. He put up no resistance.

Maybe he wanted to get caught.

Yuh and why leave his vest in the truck?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I thought leaving the vest in his truck was a bit odd. Maybe he wanted to die by a bullet. Maybe he thought wearing it under his shirt or a heavy jacket would draw attention. It's been hot as hell here. Anyone in heavy clothing is going to draw some looks.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

as well as a loaded 9 mm Glock handgun, two additional loaded magazines, and a fourth knife under his clothes. Each magazine had 17 rounds.

Glock 9mm handguns have hi capacity magazines that hold 15 and 30 rounds. Even with a plus1 extension how does one fit 17 rounds in a 15 round mag? Why would he just put 17 rounds in two 30 round magazines?

I could be wrong...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I guess, but I really don’t understand any of them having knives. No opportunity to use them, just another weapons charge when they get caught. If your going to get the charges, might as well bring 4 more guns, at least you'll have a better opportunity to use them.

Smith was charged Monday with four counts of carrying various weapons for each of the knives, one count of carrying a concealed weapon with no permit for the Glock and one count of carrying a weapon while having a disability)

wews.m0bl.net...

4 extra counts of carrying for knives that you can’t use…..

Thanks,
Blend57

edit on 7-8-2012 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2012 by blend57 because: clarity

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

17 round clips for Glock 9mm are very common.

Shopping sites are blocked from my work computer, but you can google it and you will find plenty.

See if this link works...
www.hkparts.net...

www.cheaperthandirt.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks. I stand corrected. I wanted to look it up but I am at work also.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Gas masks?! Yes they are very very common. Military surplus stores, crates of them cheap at knife works in TN. I had two at my house from a family member that worked in the pits at a wastewater plant. Also the vests are at army surplus stores for about 800 bucks not that much for someone that wants one. Also as I said earlier I know people with them. I know prob 3 or 4 people that have them. I think you just underestimate how common they are. I bet you know someone with one though you may not be aware of it. I could go get one tmrw if I wanted.
edit on 7-8-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

I"m sorry, I can't read your post because...

your profile pic creeps me out to much.. I"m dead serious. Thx for posting this anways~!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Mystery second suspect? Really? I would be he was just a guy that made a bad decision and took his gun out of paranoia. The reason he didn't bring those items is likely because he had no need for them because he wasn't planning anything and they just happen to be things he has that now look incriminating. They are actually very common. Also a guy that would have those is also often the same kinda guy that would carry a gun to protect himself.

Not that this guy wasn't planning something, but I would lean towards him just bringing it for protection out of paranoia. Time will tell.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wow, this hit close to home for me, too. NE Ohio most of my life. What I don't understand, is how people think he was just "being prepared." I could see bringing a gun in, given the times, but I don't really understand why some of you think a bag full of weapons is realistic, legit, or necessary. It's a weak defense, at best. I'd buy that, maybe, if he had one gun holstered on him for protection...but even so...he didn't have proper permits. So, again, i don't get it. I think it's more than likely just some nutbag that thought he'd capitalize on the hysteria with a show of his own.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm predicting Michael Chartoff is going to get some nice juicy contracts from movie theater companies and big city sports stadiums in the coming year.

Makes you wonder though, with the amount of people attending I doubt Hollywood would tolerate any interference with the convenience of those trying to go to a movie. Butts in seats equals $$. It ain't the airport, I doubt people would tolerate it in theaters the same way they tolerate it at airports.

On the other hand, if guns were banned tonight my chances of getting killed by someone willing to kill me do not go down. We can weaponize anything, tool making is what separates us from monkeys, people. We're talking about what a person is willing to do, not their weapon. Maybe that's why they want to regulate us so much, whittling away at our wills until we're complicit with theirs.

CM

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Time to round up all who shave their heads and wear tattoos.

Pre-crime. That's where it's at.

Stop the shooting before it starts. That's the only way. Send all suspects to re-education FEMA camps, for re-indoctrination into the social laws of co-habitation with their fellow man.

The camps have been built already. Just sitting there empty right now. Time to put all that investment to good use.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
It would have been funny if he had done it because the Dark Night and Batman is a bad movie because its about the antichrist secretly and his homosexual companion. And if he had done it they would have had to turn off Batman from all the movie theatres so that it wouldnt happen three times which would be bad.

But the illuminati and freeMasons and Osama i mean Obama who is the antichrist wouldnt do good with it because they would make it so that there are no more weapons. But then he wouldnt be able to eat restaurants because they would have knives. LOL

the good doctor

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I told my family and friends to start bringing their guns and blades to the theaters for protection because this would start to occur much more frequently. That all laughed at me. *shrug*

<< 1    3 >>

join