It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Knight Copycat Narrowly Averted in NE Ohio

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Maybe this is true...But it sure sounds like it could be a way to further the agenda of getting people to condemn guns, without killing a bunch of people. I blame the media too for putting this crap all over the place. It happens everyday in the inner cities, but you rarely hear about it on the news. Why is it different when it happens anywhere else? Because those people are blind and not used to the violence in their areas? We need to clean up America in general, but criminals will always have and procure weapons, whether they are legal or not. And the only people who will abide by the rules are the honest people, defeating the purpose. I honestly think that this stuff may actually be really happening, but the media is pushing it all of the sudden.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Copy-cat, more like bait and set-up some punk to further anti-gun agenda... 20 minutes is a bit early you think?

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Oh come on, now somebody sitting in a certain seat in a theater is going to be a terrorists?

Holy crap.

When that someone has three knives, a loaded 9mm and extra ammo, umm yea, that's gonna garner some attention.

How does it garner attention when it is a bag, away from plain sight?

What you fail to grasp is that *the bag itself* is what garnered attention...

... a bag.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Imagine if these massacre's never took place. Fake. Staged. Conspiracy. Food for your brain.

That makes these copy cats look even more insane! Basing your life off actions that never took place.

Somewhere......the CIA is
their asses off

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAreThey

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Oh come on, now somebody sitting in a certain seat in a theater is going to be a terrorists?

Holy crap.

When that someone has three knives, a loaded 9mm and extra ammo, umm yea, that's gonna garner some attention.

How does it garner attention when it is a bag, away from plain sight?

What you fail to grasp is that *the bag itself* is what garnered attention...

... a bag.

Exactly.
My wife brings a bag to the theater most of the time, perfect for candy stashes, btw.
This is just a good example of the culture of fear the media is nurturing.

Besides, how can the off duty cop think that guy was odd for being in there 20 minutes before showtime when he himself was going in 20 minutes prior?

CM

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that this story has just kind of disappeared overnight? When it first popped up on CNN last night they had photos and a large writeup of the story. It was all over Google News.

Maybe I'm just not searching right, but I can't seem to find it on CNN or any other major news source....

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Mr. Smith had

three knives inside, as well as a loaded 9 mm Glock handgun, two additional loaded magazines, and a fourth knife under his clothes. Each magazine had 17 rounds.
s and stuffed that into a bag and took it to a movie theater after a shooting that ended 12 lives. Nothing illegal was done because it was stopped before it could happen. That off duty police officer was at the risk of being killed despite seizing the bag. Who knows when Mr. Smith could've flipped during the seizure or when he enter the theater? What if he tried to resist? What if the officer wasn't there? Too many if's for the Constitution to be cited especially after what happened in Aurora.

This has copy cat killer written all over it. No conspiracy, no agenda, just people with mental issues that haven't been addressed or sick attention seekers. With crimes like this, especially with an icon like Batman, someone is going to think it's cool to kill people and copy the crime. I don't think bag searches at movie theaters are necessary unless it's a big ol duffle bag- which that sounds like what this was, unless it was a large backpack- because who brings a bag large to fit all that to the movies? Backpacks I can understand because as a high school students my friends and I would stop by the movies after school. I think employees need to be trained to recognize potential threats, like large bags stuffed with ammo, and learn to look at the main zipper not a side pocket.

Just because this and Aurora happened it doesn't mean people should start taking weapons to the movies. This how problems start. This is how agendas are formed and gather speed in short amounts of time. Don't be stupid and give into fear, just pay attention or get Netflix or use Red Box if you're paranoid about the movies. And why would you even go to a place that you're paranoid about dying at? Doesn't make sense. Just avoid the problem and it won't even become one. Or you get TSA and ball grabbing at the movies because you were stupid and brought a knife and/or a gun and ammo to movies because you were paranoid about someone bringing a knife and/or gun and ammo into the movies who was actually paranoid about someone bringing a knife and/or a gun and ammo into the movies and and and and. See how it builds up?

wews.m0bl.net... - this is the external source link

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
this was obviously staged, a ploy to make people think we need to beef up security or give praise to authority. buncha bs

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NalloArt

Mr. Smith had

three knives inside, as well as a loaded 9 mm Glock handgun, two additional loaded magazines, and a fourth knife under his clothes. Each magazine had 17 rounds.
s and stuffed that into a bag and took it to a movie theater after a shooting that ended 12 lives. Nothing illegal was done because it was stopped before it could happen. That off duty police officer was at the risk of being killed despite seizing the bag. Who knows when Mr. Smith could've flipped during the seizure or when he enter the theater? What if he tried to resist? What if the officer wasn't there? Too many if's for the Constitution to be cited especially after what happened in Aurora.

This has copy cat killer written all over it. No conspiracy, no agenda, just people with mental issues that haven't been addressed or sick attention seekers. With crimes like this, especially with an icon like Batman, someone is going to think it's cool to kill people and copy the crime. I don't think bag searches at movie theaters are necessary unless it's a big ol duffle bag- which that sounds like what this was, unless it was a large backpack- because who brings a bag large to fit all that to the movies? Backpacks I can understand because as a high school students my friends and I would stop by the movies after school. I think employees need to be trained to recognize potential threats, like large bags stuffed with ammo, and learn to look at the main zipper not a side pocket.

Just because this and Aurora happened it doesn't mean people should start taking weapons to the movies. This how problems start. This is how agendas are formed and gather speed in short amounts of time. Don't be stupid and give into fear, just pay attention or get Netflix or use Red Box if you're paranoid about the movies. And why would you even go to a place that you're paranoid about dying at? Doesn't make sense. Just avoid the problem and it won't even become one. Or you get TSA and ball grabbing at the movies because you were stupid and brought a knife and/or a gun and ammo to movies because you were paranoid about someone bringing a knife and/or gun and ammo into the movies who was actually paranoid about someone bringing a knife and/or a gun and ammo into the movies and and and and. See how it builds up?

wews.m0bl.net... - this is the external source link

You can fit what he was carrying into a standard sized back pack or purse. I don't find those items odd, they're common items for people to carry, even to the movies to sneak in the occasional snack. I don't find him sitting in the theatre early any more suspicious than the off duty cop being there that early.

"someone is going to think it's cool to kill people and copy the crime"
And teenagers smoke because they want to be like Joe Camel...give me a break.

CM

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
If this one isn't another false flag, I'll eat my hat.

www.sfgate.com...

Bruce said his client "felt a sense of fear" about going to a theater

...uh...stay home?

...and chose the Batman movie by complete coincidence.

As opposed to all us weirdos who usually have a particular movie in mind when going to the cinema.

Smith brought the weapons to a Regal Cinemas theater in Westlake, just outside of Cleveland, and seated himself in the middle of the theater's back row a half hour before the movie started...

Nope, nothing suspicious about that.

A theater manager and an off-duty police officer working security stopped Smith after they became suspicious of a bag he was carrying...

Coincidence, I'm sure.

Arcuri said one of the charges police may pursue for Smith is having weapons under disability. He said Smith was taking daily medication, but he would not elaborate on what that medication is.
"Our contention is that he's drug dependent," he said. "And as a result, he should not be possessing a firearm."

Ever had a prescription filled? No second amendment for you my friend!!

The officer said Smith consented to a search inside the theater. Arcuri said the officer was more familiar with the bag, and he knew where to look when he found a loaded 9 mm Glock pistol with two extra loaded magazines, Arcuri said. The officer also found three knives in the bag and another knife on Smith, he said. There were also medical supplies, but Arcuri would not elaborate on what they were.

Guns---meds---guns---meds... Note how they link the two together.

Police searched Smith's North Ridgeville home Monday night and found more weapons, including at least six pistols and several shotguns and rifles, and thousands of rounds of ammunition. They also found a gas mask and more than one bulletproof vest.

Thousands--ya gotta have thousands to impress people nowadays.

Little information is available about Smith. He is married with an infant daughter, Arcuri said. His wife told police her husband was a sleep technician for some sort of medical research...

A paid volunteer in the medical research field. That always ends well. Ask the Unabomber, he'll tell you.

Smith also served a brief time in the U.S. Army. He enlisted in January 1995 and reported to Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri for basic training that month. He was discharged a month later, according to the Army, which did not disclose why.

These guys always have some contact with the military somewhere in their backgrounds. Maybe the regular military decided their talents could be used elsewhere.

/

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join