It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brain In A Dish Flies Plane

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Once again a case of Star Trek predicting the future!

Bio-neural Circuitry

Well... kinda

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic----->I wonder how far this research has come in those years

Since there have been no mention about this post 2004 it probably went down the drain.

To me it sounds like a bad idea to let anything living in a dish fly an airplane that's designed to be flown by qualified human pilots, that be millitary or civilian.

Well since this brain like thing in a dish was developed from rat cells it probably set the course for the moon to get more cheese.

And that's that.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ivar_Karlsen

Originally posted by Acidtastic----->I wonder how far this research has come in those years

Since there have been no mention about this post 2004 it probably went down the drain.

To me it sounds like a bad idea to let anything living in a dish fly an airplane that's designed to be flown by qualified human pilots, that be millitary or civilian.

Well since this brain like thing in a dish was developed from rat cells it probably set the course for the moon to get more cheese.

And that's that.

Or maybe those brains are piloting the drones in the skies?

If the military purchased this technology, I'm sure they'll keep it quiet...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

And that's that.

With quantum entanglement we are getting close to be able to control machines instantly from any distance. With just a little more work we could have curiosity operating from our finger tips. Rat brains in control with more developement may eventially fly better then us humans - still hoping we would get the job first though.

Toying with starting a thread on this - perhaps a ATS working project could open humanity to the stars...

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
News just in, F-22 crash landed in a Cheddar Factory, suspected double agent pilot.

(crazy cool advancement!)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

And that's that.

I would expect that its now a black project hidden away from our eyes

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jokerzwild

i always wanted a Vorlon ship myself

Vorlon spaceships are organic in nature and at least partially sentient. Vorlon transports at least have a skin that can change color and an external shape that is pliable enough to allow passengers in and out. It was mentioned that Vorlon transports "sing", and can have an unnerving effect on non-Vorlons around them.[6] Vorlon ships use jumpgates similar to those of the younger species
link

isnt this whats its leading to? a bioworld where you can grow anything.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

For drones I trust computers.

Basicly pretty dumb things they are, but they'll do the job very well.

Without revert to instincts like something in a dish developed from rat (or any other animal) cells could do.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
This is your captain speaking... Erm thinking....

Was that flaps up or flaps down..

Amazing

This is ratplane four requesting runway for takeoff...oh look, a sunflower seed!

Do these souls of brains remember where they were before they were reincarnated as equipment?

Now you know for every public rat study, there is a government somewhere doing this with human material in a land where the laws do not apply. That T1000 chip, yeah you know there are brain cells in it.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon

Amazing

This is ratplane four requesting runway for takeoff...oh look, a sunflower seed!

Do these souls of brains remember where they were before they were reincarnated as equipment?

Now you know for every public rat study, there is a government somewhere doing this with human material in a land where the laws do not apply. That T1000 chip, yeah you know there are brain cells in it.

these are the interesting question i would like to understand the answer too.,,., is there a totality of conciousnes that belongs to the neural network,, or is it just like a microchip with different parts doing different duties, unaware of the greater importance or implication of their individual work,,,. do they just give the electrode grid rules for the neurons to follow, and then when the real time data of the simulator is ran into the neural network,, the neurons respond to the data with their duty and rules, such as do not let this "airplane of information/date" run into the lower portion of data ( "the ground"),, and so the neural network can "fly" the air plane?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I saw this at least a month ago in this documentary:

Technocalyps: Part 1: Trans-human
movies.netflix.com...

I suggest you guys all watch it. It made me really happy. :-) Sometimes I get irritated with what feels like slow progress, but then something like this documentary reminds me that singularity-ish exponential math IS in effect... we are progressing fast. :-)

This documentary is mind-blowing transhuman-related tidbit after tidbit.
edit on 8/7/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Perhaps this is just the next level of human evolution? We could end up being brains in machines exploring the galaxy. Like Daleks only without the toilet plunger.

Not sure what this says about pilots, being replaced by a pile of brain cells in a little dish.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe
Nice find. I would guess, depending on genetics and if there is any residual from the rats they took the cells from, that they would have a different outcome each time they performed this experiment due to the experiences each particular rat had prior to cells being taken and used. Sort of like imprinting. Each rat's genetic material would have a different makeup so each "brain" grown would have a different characteristic I would think.
That's what I was thinking too. Providing a constant/consistant result may require a "mother" of sorts, like for making sourdough bread. Same original donor rat brain cells being grown and used for all applications. Keeping a few around to spawn all future rat brain material.
Creepy?, interesting? maybe a little of both

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon

Amazing

"oh look, a sunflower seed".......and a hell breaks loose on the runway

You made me laugh out loud with that one!

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Technology is moving so fast nowadays these things don't even surprise me anymore.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
This is kinda freaky...

I just read a scifi novel by Charles Stross called "Accelerando" about humans meeting the 'Singularity'.

In his story, the very first AI created was a bunch of Lobster neurons...they learned/evolved relatively quickly...very funny...

Now, not so funny...I don't want a Ratbrain Metal Overlord dammit!

Seriously, if civilian scientists have made this happen, then you know the Military/Govt can throw black budget money all over this...now that is scary.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
That is crazy. I think with anything they create that has the potential to actually 'think' there is no way to have total control over these things.

At what point does a rat-plane become a new species

It's all fun and games until they turn on them!

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
it all seems like a great idea until these brain-planes take control of Skynet

"I'LL BE BACK (if i remember)"

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
amazing, brilliant, curious, and jaw dropping....still hasnt really settled in yet how fascinating this is.... thank you OP for sharing this with me...and everyone else who has provided extra links...cool stuff

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join