It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dementia cases set to triple by 2050

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What is going on....?

Worldwide, nearly 35.6 million people live with dementia. This number is expected to double by 2030 (65.7 million) and more than triple by 2050 (115.4 million). Dementia affects people in all countries, with more than half (58%) living in low- and middle-income countries. By 2050, this is likely to rise to more than 70%.

I got these words directly HERE from the World Health Organization and find them suspicious to say the least.

Not only suspicious because of the incredible increase of the disease but also because the WHO is not telling us in this article why or what the cause of this sudden immens increase is. The fact that it will affect people in ALL countries.. should also be something to consider.

The other day I read in one of our threads that the alleged chemtrails consist metals which can cause just that....dementia...Alzheimers disease.

If the WHO can not exactly pinpoint the cause of the disease and give no particulair attention to the why in this alarming article I wonder how they are able to make such an estimation of the increase.....unless they know something we don't know.....and maybe do not want us to know.

This is one of such an ATS thread which conect Alzheimers disease with geo-engineering.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
It is generally well known that - for whatever reason - Diabetes has risen sharply in the world population. There is a Type 3 Diabetes that is closely associated with Alzheimer's and dementia.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

This could be one cause for the overall rise in dementia.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thanks for posting OP, this is a serious cause and awareness needs to be raised.

I can honestly say Dementia is in my top 5 things I never want to have!

I've seen old people with it, and one of the most aweful things to witness, I'd rather die before the disease could touch me.

And spot on! The most important question here is, why??

Why the increase, I think it can be considered "pandemic".

Somethings not right here, and we need to figure out what.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There may not be anything sinister going on here. I mean Dementia and Alzheimers are diseases that affect elderly people. Since people are living longer it would make sense for them to be on the rise.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I agree that people in general are living longer, but think other factors are at play like pollution.

Even the youth who don't have dementia seem to have a preform of it. Garbled language, poor reasoning, attention span, and concentration...

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Environmental factors definitely have a part to play in this.
Perhaps there are other reasons too. Ever hear the term "Use it or lose it", well its the same with the human brain. Use it or lose it.

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'd factor in population growth too. Just as an example, if world population doubled by 2050, then no surprise that the incidence of any given disease would double in number. That's why expressing things in raw numbers is so tricky--it strips the number of context....

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is by design, it is to drain old people of their life earnings before they die, to reduce the inheritance to the next generation. The system wants the next generation to have a need to submit to employment.

How do they do this? To you and me it's known as "The Old Persons Flu Jab", but to those in the know it's an injection which pushes you one step closer to Dementia/Alzheimer's. Once you've had a certain number of these injections you're almost certain to end up with Alzheimer's, then if you go to a care home your savings will start to quickly be drained back into the system

Alzheimer's and vaccination
www.whale.to...

"According to Hugh Fudenberg, MD, the world's leading immunogeneticist and 13th most quoted biologist of our times (nearly 850 papers in peer review journals), if an individual has had five consecutive flu shots between 1970 and 1980 (the years studied) his/her chances of getting Alzheimer's Disease is ten times higher than if they had one, two or no shots. I asked Dr. Fudenberg why this was so and he said it was due to the mercury and aluminum that is in every flu shot (and most childhood shots)."

Of course, after this he got smeared, as there are some things we're just not meant to know
edit on 6-8-2012 by drbatstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Dementia will triple by 2050? WRONG!

Dementia will be cured by 2050! CORRECT!

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I live with someone who has Dementia, it's very scary at times for him and myself when I have no answers/
Sometimes he is positive there is someone doing construction on our house, or building a train under our house.
Painting our fences. He also says sometimes he sees a group of people just sitting around him going about their business. Like a big black guy will be sitting in the kitchen, a little white girl will walk around the room etc..

I don't know what to do most of the time except go along with whatever he's saying and say "i'll take care of it"
that's all I really can do..

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well chemtrails has aluminum and that relates to this. Iodide, 50 or more mgs a day, and pau'darco tea, and infared sauna's detox heavy metals out of the system, replace all fillings, etc. Avoid canned food that isn't in glass jars.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Just my two cents worth but a good look at diet and the correlation of high fructose corn syrup that is in nearly everything edible may be a factor in the increase in dementia.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE

That is the best news I heared for a long time.

And you got this info from where...?

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Just an aging population will cause it too.
When I was a very young nurse I had a home visit to a lady with alzheimers that was recovering from open heart surgery.

They did bypass surgery on that woman.

Also, say you have 5% of the population with schizophrenia. ok, if they population goes up, the number of cases of schizophrenia will go up - and this number is usually about the same across different populations.

Schizophrenia itself, when chronic or there are a lot of flares across the lifespan - causes brain damage that leads to organic dementia. The ventricles increase in size, and the lobes themselves shrink. So it woulld make sense to me that better medical and mental treatment for the mentally ill, and an increasing population would increase the size of the population with organic dementia.

What I have NOT seen is an increasing number of mental hospitals/beds. In fact, in the last 20-30 years the number of services for the mentally ill in this country have been cut drastically, ast least in this area, to the point where I have to wonder - WHAT mental health services?

If you have insurance, yeah, you can get service. But most often the severely mentally ill won't have any money or insurance.

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

The WHO site I refered to in the OP is just about that problem they focus on....in that specific article.

In an other article 'they' expect this increase of dementia due to obesity among young and adult persons now. Obesity can, or maybe will cause type 2 diabetis....among other illnesses. (info obesity)

I think that what we eat, the lack of physical exercise and the polution of our environment is causing the increase of dementia. Of course there will be more people in 2050 and will that number of dementia cases go up because of that but is not the most significant factor of the increase.

posted on Aug, 8 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Thanks for posting OP, this is a serious cause and awareness needs to be raised.

I can honestly say Dementia is in my top 5 things I never want to have!

I've seen old people with it, and one of the most aweful things to witness, I'd rather die before the disease could touch me.

And spot on! The most important question here is, why??

Why the increase, I think it can be considered "pandemic".

Somethings not right here, and we need to figure out what.

Like you, I fear this desease. I consider my life over and out....when I am not 'there' anymore and have become a strain, burden, load and unconvenience for my family and the persons who take care of me before I take my last breath......and that can take years.

Hopefully the WHO will pursue a solution for this 'outbrake' and can we die with our minds intact.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Stealth viruses from polio live vaccine... my guess.. please see link
Below is an excerpt from webpage.

At present, the CCID website mainly provides information on STEALTH VIRUSES cultured from patients with a wide spectrum of dysfunctional brain syndromes. These illnesses include chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, Gulf War Syndrome, depression and dementia in adults and autism, attention deficit and behavioral disorders in children. Stealth viral infection can also cause severe encephalopathy.

A brief overall summary of stealth viruses, their definition, pathogenesis, and possible treatments for it can be read here. A very in-depth explanation of stealth viruses and its associations with other illnesses, which appeared in a medical journal called Explore, can also be read here. More detailed information on the stealth virus can be read in the pages contained on this website.

Physicians and scientists interested in collaborative research studies should review the publications and directly contact CCID at 626-616-2868. A limited number of stealth viral cultures can be performed for research. Physicians wishing to participate in a reserach study should contact CCID for additional details.

Patients may gain interesting insights into their illness by reviewing the Virus Primer and Clinical Summaries, as well as some of the publications or presentations.

link:www.ccid.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
One factor that will definitely contribute to an increase in dementia in generation X (who are coming up to middle age) is long term drug use, especially stimulants such as amphetamines, coc aine and ecstasy.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by drbatstein
This is by design, it is to drain old people of their life earnings before they die, to reduce the inheritance to the next generation. The system wants the next generation to have a need to submit to employment.

How do they do this? To you and me it's known as "The Old Persons Flu Jab", but to those in the know it's an injection which pushes you one step closer to Dementia/Alzheimer's. Once you've had a certain number of these injections you're almost certain to end up with Alzheimer's, then if you go to a care home your savings will start to quickly be drained back into the system

Alzheimer's and vaccination
www.whale.to...

"According to Hugh Fudenberg, MD, the world's leading immunogeneticist and 13th most quoted biologist of our times (nearly 850 papers in peer review journals), if an individual has had five consecutive flu shots between 1970 and 1980 (the years studied) his/her chances of getting Alzheimer's Disease is ten times higher than if they had one, two or no shots. I asked Dr. Fudenberg why this was so and he said it was due to the mercury and aluminum that is in every flu shot (and most childhood shots)."

Of course, after this he got smeared, as there are some things we're just not meant to know
edit on 6-8-2012 by drbatstein because: (no reason given)

Right on the mark.

Western politicians have been whining for decades that people are living too long and what a serious problem it is. The bond that the aged have to pay to enter aged care facilities is nothing short of highway robbery. One of the priorities in the Aged Care industry guidelines is to prompt the residents to agree to seasonal flu shots every year. Yes, and they end up having to trade their homes in exchange for care.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara

Originally posted by DaRAGE

That is the best news I heared for a long time.
And you got this info from where...?

The Human brain will be computer simulated by 2020
Human Brain Simulation

With a computer brain simulation we will be able to understand Dementia.

en.wikipedia.org...

Some of the most common forms of dementia are: Alzheimer's disease, vascular dementia, frontotemporal dementia, semantic dementia and dementia with Lewy bodies. It is possible for a patient to exhibit two or more dementing processes at the same time, as none of the known types of dementia protects against the others. Indeed, about ten per cent of people with dementia have what is known as "mixed dementia", which may be a combination of Alzheimer's disease and multi-infarct dementia.[8][9]

en.wikipedia.org...@home

Alzheimer's disease Enzymes act on the amyloid precursor protein and cut it into Aβ fragments, which then aggregate to form senile plaques characteristic of Alzheimer's patients. Alzheimer's disease is an incurable form of dementia which most often affects the elderly. Its cause remains largely unknown, but the disease is identified as a protein misfolding disease and is associated with toxic aggregations of the amyloid beta (Aβ) peptide, a fragment of the larger amyloid precursor protein.[42] High concentrations of misfolded Aβ cause protein oligomer growth that in turn contribute to Aβ misfolding. This cyclic process appears to be toxic and leads to neurodegeneration. The oligomer aggregates then collect into dense formations known as senile plaques, a pathological marker of Alzheimer's.[43][44] The severity of the disease depends not only on the amount of Aβ, but also on how it misfolds. However, due to the heterogeneous nature of these aggregates, experimental studies of the oligomer structure in atomic detail are difficult,[43][44] and simulations of oligomer aggregates are extremely computationally demanding due to their size and complexity.[45][46] In 2008 Folding@home simulated Aβ oligomerization in atomic detail over timescales of the order of tens of seconds. This was significant as previous simulations had been forced to use simplified models and been limited to several hundreds of microseconds: six orders of magnitude short of experimentally relevant timescales.[47] This study helped prepare the Pande lab for future aggregation studies and for further research to find a small peptide which may stabilize the aggregation process.[45] This is regarded as a promising approach to the development of therapeutic drugs for treating Alzheimer's patients.[48] The Pande lab is focusing their research on Alzheimer's with the goal of predicting the aggregate structure for drug design approaches as well as developing methods to stop the oligomerization process.[5] In 2008 Folding@home found several small drug candidates which appear to inhibit the toxicity of Aβ.[49] In 2010, these drug leads went from the test tube to testing on living tissue and, in close cooperation with the Nanomedicine Center for Protein Folding, continue to be refined.[5] In 2011, Folding@home completed simulations of several Aβ mutations that appear to stabilize the aggregate formation, which could aid in the development of therapeutic drug approaches to the disease as well as greatly assisting with experimental NMR spectroscopy studies of the oligomers.[46][50] In the same year, Folding@home began simulations of various Aβ fragments in order to determine how various natural enzymes affect the structure and folding of Aβ.[51][52]

With computer simulations of the brain, protein folding simulations, and Moore's law, the exponential increase in transistors and computing power, not to mention the emergence of Nanotechnology, I feel confident that Dementia will be cured by 2050.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join