It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zonda 760 Spotted in Chile (Not an UFO)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Honestly I not even knew this beauty exists, now I just dream about it.

According to the info, it was designed/assembled for a chilean businessman (evidence of the money moving out?).

The maker : Horacio Pagani (Pagani Automobili SpA), the Zonda RS 760 is his most powerful model (no question about it). This baby was originally a race car and was adapted to be legal on the streets.

Here, the owner at the gas station....wow

Some Specs : AMG V12 origin of 760 horsepower, carbon fiber casing. The 0 to 100 km in 2.9 s.

Seems that the original car was ordered but cancelled later by a buyer in the Middle East (got to be).

The final part of the Pagani Zonda 760 RS story has just been written. The car was recently delivered to its Chilean owner and it has now hit the streets of Santiago. These photos reveal that the owner is making full use of the car, even without a set of numberplates!

Here a video of the car on the streets of Chile :

www.gtspirit.com...

www.gtspirit.com...

www.emol.com...
edit on 4-8-2012 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
ugly imo

this is beauty

edit on 4-8-2012 by rambo1112 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rambo1112

Well I think it's beautiful, as are your photos. In fact, the car is sex on four wheels. Although I appreciate your point about nature, I don't think there is anything wrong with admiring a marvel of mans ability to create beautiful things.

Of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
edit on 4-8-2012 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Pretty good on a track, not so much for road use unless he plans on dropping more cash into replacing the suspension every 10,000 miles or so and whatever else you mess up when it bottoms out going over all the different imperfection you find on the roads. That was built for track use only im sure, nice to look at but kind of a waste of money unless your a professional driver.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by rambo1112

Of course Mother Nature is the best artist, but no way you can call this car ugly. See.... it's a handcrafted italian car. Pagani is an artisan.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by StratosFear

The article said it had been 'adapted' for legal road use. Whether that includes the suspension, I couldn't say. One thing's for sure though, if you can afford that car then a suspension replacement every 10,000 miles isn't really gonna bother you that much.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

ok, even if its handmade, i still don't think its beautiful,.cars are not my thing

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

and in a car like this travelling 10,000 miles should take about 2 years for the owner. so should be no problem.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

If you re-read the info offered, will see the car was adapted for street roads. Somebody else noticed it?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Pagani are one of the ugliest cars ever made, along with Bugatti, Askari, Saleen and all those other 'fastest car' pieces of s***.

This is a beauty!

edit on 4-8-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
nice post

hope they add that to GT5 soon!!!

here is Pagani's official youtube channel

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
reply to post by Trueman

Pagani are one of the ugliest cars ever made, along with Bugatti, Askari, Saleen and all those other 'fastest car' pieces of s***.

This is a beauty!

Sorry but, what are the specs of that car (no brand/model mentioned by you), in order to compare it and see how right you are?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

"adapted for road use" means adding the legal plates and probably tuning the engine down a little to make the car fall into the legal limits of what allowed on the road. Not sure about the road laws in that country. No doubt he could afford to replace the suspension but my point is why would you want to be in the situation in the first place.

I`d take an old school Chevy or Mopar with a big block for a fraction of the cost and have twice as much fun.

edit on 4-8-2012 by StratosFear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Forget the specs the zonda looks like it was designed in the 70's.

Lamborghini (duh!!), Aventador LP700-4

Engine
Type: 6.5 Liter V12
Engine & Transmission
Power bhp (kW) at RPM: 700 hp at 8250 RPM
Torque lb-ft (Nm) at RPM: 509 lb-ft at 5500 RPM

Performance
0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) 2.9 seconds
Official Top Speed 217 mph

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Lamborghini Reventon?

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
double post

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Aventador

2nd.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

Nice hadnt seen that one yet, looks much better than the Gallardo or Murciélago i think. But im more partial to the Countash and Diablo, they just need engine swaps to the newer stuff.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Meh, a decade ago Supras were doing 240+mph, will be interesting to see how far people can push the GTR, which is probably the greatest car ever engineered. Still though, Zondas are nice, pitty I would have to steal one to ever drive one.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
The new AMS Nissan 12 GTR Alpha a.k.a. Godzilla, is not to bad either.
1,500 horsepower and 1,050 pound-feet of torque.
Taking the purchase cost, spare parts, maintenance etc etc for a Pagani in consideration, I would choose the 12GTR any and every day.

60-130mph Comparison:

AMS Alpha 12 GT-R – 3.31 Seconds!
Bugatti Veyron – 5.6 Seconds
Suzuki GSXR1000 Motorcycle – 5.9 seconds
Ferrari Enzo – 7.3 Seconds
Mercedes McLaren SLR – 7.24 Seconds
Porsche Carrera GT – 7.3 Seconds
Lamborghini LP640 – 7.8 Seconds
Chevrolet C6 Z06 Corvette – 7.8 seconds
Porsche 997TT – 9.5 Seconds

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>