It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too many bible passages and links

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Lately I've noticed a lot of threads and replies where the posts are 99% bible quotes with a one sentence comment, or multilinks suggesting to 'read this, watch this, learn this'..."

I don't know about anyone else, but I come here to explore the thoughts of others. What is on your mind? How do YOU explain what you are offering?

Seriously, if I wanted to read the bible again, I'd open a bible. If I wanted the news, I'd go to a news site. If I wanted to learn something I'd take a course at my local college.

Please, use your mind here, not your ability to copy and paste.

Thanks for listening.

JJ

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I agree....... and so does jesus here he is again Matt23.1

23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat, 3 so do and observe whatever they tell you, but not the works they do. For they preach, but do not practice. 4 They tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear,[a] and lay them on people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to move them with their finger. 5 They do all their deeds to be seen by others.

sorry God made me do it!

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by discolo
reply to post by jiggerj

I agree....... and so does jesus here he is again Matt23.1

23 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples, 2 “The scribes and the Pharisees sit on Moses' seat, 3 so do and observe whatever they tell you, but not the works they do. For they preach, but do not practice. 4 They tie up heavy burdens, hard to bear,[a] and lay them on people's shoulders, but they themselves are not willing to move them with their finger. 5 They do all their deeds to be seen by others.

sorry God made me do it!

LOL Star for that. I'm not saying don't post one passage or one link, but make each thread about one's own opinion.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I hate the bible quotes, but in regards to your other comments,

I can't help it! It was indocrinated into me by the school!

PPP

Point, paragraph, proof.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I really do agree, i come from a very religious family, and even though i suppose i have been "paganish" for 30 odd years i can still pull the odd bible tract from memory. It really freaks the Jehovahs witness' people that come visiting. I don't quote Bible till they do then just to support my arguement. They don't come round so much anymore.
I've tried to have reasonable discussions with people over the years only for them to throw a bible quote at me which "proves" they are right and don't need to do any more research. "If it's in the bible it must be correct".
It's fine to quote the bible, (there is some good common sense in there if nothing else) but at least try to support your argument with some other evidence.

I'm not Pagan by the way, i just live naturally....it was a family member that called me that.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
I hate the bible quotes, but in regards to your other comments,

I can't help it! It was indocrinated into me by the school!

PPP

Point, paragraph, proof.

Definitely PPP! Just don't dump a library on us.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
What's even worse is when we get inundated with Biblical quotes in forums and discussions that don't require it! There is a forum for Biblical recall and posting--most of the time they end up in other forums where they clearly don't belong.

I wish people would tell me what they've learned from experience, not what they've learned to repeat out of the Good Book.

Good call, OP

edit on 4-8-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
Lately I've noticed a lot of threads and replies where the posts are 99% bible quotes with a one sentence comment, or multilinks suggesting to 'read this, watch this, learn this'..."

I don't know about anyone else, but I come here to explore the thoughts of others. What is on your mind? How do YOU explain what you are offering?

Seriously, if I wanted to read the bible again, I'd open a bible. If I wanted the news, I'd go to a news site. If I wanted to learn something I'd take a course at my local college.

Thanks for listening.

JJ

Proverbs 30:5 says, "Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."

More people are realizing how relevant a true word can be against the corruption in our present world. We also read large quotes from other sources as well. Either way, we are trying to deny ignorance here. The best source to apply against ignorance is the word of God. Nothing wrong with this. I do agree that people should keep their own reflection of that word as the main thesis of their threads and posts. Using the Word of God helps build context, but the person writing needs to also contribute why they are using it. Context is always important, otherwise, it's just a religious enema.

God wants spiritual fruit and not religious nuts.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Thanks for listening.

JJ

Proverbs 30:5 says, "Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him."

More people are realizing how relevant a true word can be against the corruption in our present world. We also read large quotes from other sources as well. Either way, we are trying to deny ignorance here. The best source to apply against ignorance is the word of God. Nothing wrong with this. I do agree that people should keep their own reflection of that word as the main thesis of their threads and posts. Using the Word of God helps build context, but the person writing needs to also contribute why they are using it. Context is always important, otherwise, it's just a religious enema.

Perfect size quote.
Perfect mental input.
Good job. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Thanks for listening.

JJ

Perfect size quote.
Perfect mental input.
Good job. Thank you.

That's very funny. I was actually trying for that.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I agree, it gets pretty tired sometimes. I mean, I know they can copy and paste, they don't need to show me they can. Posting a bunch of nonsense to bolster a thread is the Christian way, I suppose. Little do they know the history and origins of the Bible.

top topics

join