It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati Card Game Illustrators Interviewed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

In 1995 games designer Steve Jackson created a role-playing card game called Illuminati: The Game of Conspiracy. When playing, you take on the role of the shadowy puppet masters who supposedly make up the ruling elite of the Illuminati. Your mission is to launch black-ops false flag attacks on your own people, and generally conspire to act out evil plans to elevate your own wealth and, more importantly, to strengthen your ironfisted grip on world domination

Speaking on Steve Jackson, Blankenship says: “Steve is a huge fan of conspiracy theories. Not that he believes in them—as far as I could tell in five years of working with him—rather, he is immensely entertained by them. As for the "predictions" from the cards, it's pretty much like any psychic—say that a Middle Eastern leader will be killed next year and you have a decent chance of getting it right.”

I got in touch with Dan Smith, the main card illustrator, who told me, “Unknown to most, and I say this with a degree of apprehension, speaking out now that the events are in the past, Steve dabbled in reprehensible, unclean practices to obtain his card ideas. I wouldn't say a Golden Dawn level of occult mastery, but there were times I would get messages from people who I didn't know... Steve often kidded that he was Nostradamus' second cousin's grand-nephew. Now I wonder...”

“The Twin Towers card is actually titled Terrorist Nuke, which I recall from that time was a concern relating to the collapse of the Soviet Union,” says Grigni. “Terrorism was heating up as a 'headline seller' without the ever-present threat of nuclear annihilation, but we were still looking at Hamas and Palestine as likely culprits for such acts. Art direction-wise, frankly a nuke wouldn't just blow up one building, even a 'tactical' nuke would do damage on a much larger scale. It does seem oddly prescient, given the 'twin towers’ shown.”

www.vice.com...

Now I don't really believe in the cards at all. I think most ATS members could have came up with the exact type of situations depicted. All you need is basic understanding of how the Illuminati conspiracy works and false flag events. It's not like a building has never been bombed before.

I just thought I'd pass this article on.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
The artists of that card game seem to have done a bangup job. I wonder how much more accurate the game could have been if it was an ATS collaboration.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Now I don't really believe in the cards at all. I think most ATS members could have came up with the exact type of situations depicted. All you need is basic understanding of how the Illuminati conspiracy works and false flag events. It's not like a building has never been bombed before.

A Mathematician will have a different way of looking at this, eventually the probability gives the game away

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
steve jacksons' company got raided by the secret service in 1990.
something to do with another guy in the company who was targeted for hacking.
and 5 years later he creates the illuminati card game.

i think the card game was made because he really distrusted the government

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Interestingly enough, a close friend of mine has the card game. Ordered it online, as even most alternative stores do not sell it.

I believe i saw a vid on youtube that this card game has a little more to do with some future trends rather than past.

I'll do some digging and come back with info

Mike

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Found the card about the Olympics.

If someone would like to help me post it i could help explain in a little more detail, or if someone would like to U2U me id be happy to give the link so another could post the msg.

added: Or actually just google "illuminati card game olympics"

literally hundreds of results...anyway be back later

Mike
edit on 3-8-2012 by PsyMike91 because: add on

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PsyMike91

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

cool. thanks Sublimecraft.

okay if you haven't read or heard so yet, the rings of the Olympics are the same exact colors represented on the shirts of the people running from the fire.

....and look, whats that in the background toppling over?

May just be speculation, but either way...just plain creepy imo

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
The time on the face of the clock may have significant meaning also.

Can't tell which is the bigger hand on the clock though...

Its either five of 2pm, or ten after 11am.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PsyMike91

The colors are not an EXACT match, and I think the clock tower has been shown to be Ginza, located in Tokyo.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah, people only look for tha matches and ignore all the rest. The majority of the cards do not line up or could be interpreted for a broad match. Like the gunman card being attributed to james holes, tech shooting, columbine, for hood, brevik on and on and on.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Well in any aspect, most predictions about anything aren't exactly dead on, such as 13th Zodiac's post about the shooting. Wasn't dead on, but he did call it imo. May just be an extremely odd card game. Then again, who really knows for sure.

My apologies guys, just thought id post a bit of what ive heard. Still interestingly weird...

Be good guys
Mike

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I remember playing that game a long time ago, long before I even knew of this site. It was a good game.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I remember playing that game a long time ago, long before I even knew of this site. It was a good game.

It was a very entertaining game, as the people took it for exactly what it was meant to be - a spoof of the whole Illuminati and conspiracy idea. I still have some of the cards taking up space in a box of my old Magic cards from around that time frame.

Steve Jackson created this game (and others) as spoofs, and he never really did hide that fact. I did play testing for both Magic and the original Jihad card game, and some of the guys that I did testing with were also mildly involved in pre-production work on this game. Even through development, everything was tongue in cheek, laugh at the game, and feel free to make things up as you go to help things along. There's always a serious part of the business side of a card game, but from what I could see, the development of this game was nothing but entertainment for all

top topics

join