It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McGrady UFO sighting: Pennsylvania, 1956

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Whilst doing usual browsing of UFO stuff I happened to stumble onto this case which it would seem hasn't been mentioned on ATS before. It involves an incident in Butler, Pennsylvania in September, 1956 in which a man and his brother reportedly witnessed a "flying saucer" buzz over their yard for an hour:

Now, Mr. McGrady was interviewed and evaluated by an investigator, however he kind of botched the job by not interviewing the second witness (McGradys brother).

Now, as you can tell a pretty thorough job was done on this case gathering all the info, personally I do believe the guy and think it's a genuine incident. As for the craft itself, here's the original drawings:

So just to clarify, in 1956 there seems to be some silent propulsion type drone aircraft flying around the skies. What's folks views on this, do you think secret military craft or something else? I'm slightly skeptical of the secret military plane due to it being 1956, the technology sounds a bit too advanced but I also realize that the possibility can't be discounted. However, even if it were secret military, I would then have to ask, where did the technology come from?

Additional note from me, this sighting reminds me of this video, which is also a genuine catch:

Further clarification, so there's been drone like flying saucers roaming (monitoring?) our skies for at least the last 56 years?

Full info on McGrady sighting from here:

www.larryhatch.net...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Fairly impressive sighting, and nice presentation. Thank you.

Star and Flag

It sure is a shame how only one witness was interviewed though...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Being that im from PA, not to very far from there, and having seen many strange things in the area i look forward to checking out the links. Thank you. Going over some of the information i wanted to add that i too doubt the secret military aircraft possibility though i do also admit its possible. I have been trying to make a connection to someting that has since been unclassified that this thing could have been or led to. Im not seeing it. If nothing else atleast some of the tech would have translated over to what we have today. I know there could be some small similaritys but nothing i feel safe saying came from such a thing. Lets see what the experts around here say.
edit on 2-8-2012 by BennyTheBlade because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
That's one weird sighting. If it was a military craft why would it be hanging around his place and would seem to have to be remote controlled.

Pretty unique description of a UFO to say the least.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Very cool. I live only about 45 minutes from Butler, so this was particularly interesting to me. It reminded me of a report I read not to long ago from 1968 in Saskatchewan in which a smallish (though not quite this small) domed disc cruised around a farmstead, seeming to "explore" various parts of the property. The case also featured a diagram of the object's meanderings throughout the farm. Thanks for posting this!

Originally posted by Orkojoker
Another smaller disc-shaped UFO, about two weeks after the Redlands incident, reportedly cruised around a farm in Saskatchewan for 20 minutes at at altitude of about 30 feet, at one point coming within three feet or so of the ground.

This object, seen very clearly and distinctly at close range, consisted of a base approximately eight feet wide appearing like two saucers placed edge-to-edge, surmounted by a dome about four feet wide. A series of ports, round on top, extended straight down to the base of the dome. Atop the dome was a smaller structure, above which was an antenna-like superstructure topped with a small sphere.

Here's a diagram of the object's path over the property:

Just a single witness. Physiological effects were reported.

Check out the full story here.

As for the possible origin of the object in the Butler case, I think secret military doodad would be a stretch. Silent drone in 1956? Meh.

edit on 3-8-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Thanks for that story. I really enjoyed reading it.

I too think it's a stretch that the object would be anything man-made. Like another poster pointed out, if it were a secret military craft, why on earth would they be flying it in broad daylight on a residential property? Not to mention that fact that it's behavior at least suggests that it was studying something, which doesn't make much sense if its origins were terrestrial.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Thanks for the positive feedback folks and glad you enjoyed the case

There must be so many cases like this over the years than have went unreported, I think that if the true number was really known then it would really put the whole UFO question into true perspective ie. That there are advanced craft using our airspace and they probably have been doing so for way longer than any of our military craft.

I'm not sure what that means but there is a meaning in there somewhere.

top topics

join