It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot claims to see UFO at KCI Airport - Aug 1, 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
To those of us who know (alien) UFOs are real and here, it's good to hear it getting more and more MSM air-time. I think as the television industry dies a slow death (as more people are tossing out their TVs) they are going to show more controversial stories, that they ordinarily wouldn't just to grab the attention.

What I'm wondering is, was this unnamed/unknown pilot vetted?.....or did anyone just say they were a pilot and saw this event?

While I'm at it, there's a LOT of speculation August 4th is the day. That's all I'll say on that.

UPDATE: UFO investigator details KCI sighting report

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Someone who says he is a commercial pilot has posted on a UFO website, claiming he spotted a UFO while flying into Kansas City International Airport on Monday night.

The pilot posted the sighting on UFO Stalker saying he was on approach to the airport from St Louis when he and his co-pilot noticed an unidentified object following their plane.

He described the object as 300 feet away from his plane, and was silver or gray in color with three blue or white lights on the bottom and one on the top. He said it was a disc-shaped craft with a low dome on top.

Airport spokesman Joe McBride referred comment to the Federal Aviation Administration.

This isn't the first reported UFO sighting in the area. Last October, 87 UFO sightings were reported around Kansas City - more than anywhere else in the world for that month.

www.kshb.com...

Monday night, a man claiming to be a commercial pilot flying into Kansas City International Airport said a UFO was trailing his plane.

Margie Kay, the assistant state director of the Mutual UFO Network in Missouri, heard his story firsthand.

"He said they saw, got a clear view of it and it was a disc-shaped, silver color with a low, flat dome on top of it," Kay said.

Kay said the man told her the UFO stayed with the plane for 20 minutes as it approached KCI.

With 30 years in paranormal investigations, Kay said even she is impressed by this possible sighting, especially since it came from a man claiming to be a pilot. She said he is a credible, professional witness, but she could tell he was nervous over the phone

www.kshb.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

The story is all very well and nice, and even more so since it got some MSM coverage, however, anyone, any internet troll on the planet can make anonymous reports to UFO sites, and even call up news agencies claiming credentials they don't have with no way to have said credentials vetted because of the anonymity.

I could claim to be a pilot. You could claim to be a pilot. Anyone could claim to be a pilot and say any number of fantastic things to media outlets, UFO websites, any many other venues under the charade and 'protection' of anonymity.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

however, anyone, any internet troll on the planet can make anonymous reports to UFO sites

Exactly, which is why investigators are needed to find the man, interview him and check his credentials.

I'm glad it got some news coverage, but that doesn't necessarily mean the case is genuine.

ETA: here is a link to the actual report: www.ufostalker.com...
edit on 2-8-2012 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think ill keep an open mind on this for know. I live in the general area of this sighting, and will be looking at the sky for the next few days as a meator shower is underway. should be a good show up to 100 an hour, hopefully i'll see something else.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

The story is all very well and nice, and even more so since it got some MSM coverage, however, anyone, any internet troll on the planet can make anonymous reports to UFO sites, and even call up news agencies claiming credentials they don't have with no way to have said credentials vetted because of the anonymity.

I could claim to be a pilot. You could claim to be a pilot. Anyone could claim to be a pilot and say any number of fantastic things to media outlets, UFO websites, any many other venues under the charade and 'protection' of anonymity.

well said totally agree. Which is why I like to cross reference info and ask the OP's do the same and post it here for us all to see. Otherwise it could just be somebody's attempt to write a novel and using the internet to gleen some ideas. The imagination on ATS (masquerading as "the truth for non sheepies") can be quite colourful!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

According to Flightradar24.com there were no flights between St Louis and Kansas City at 07/30/2012 09:25 UTC.

edit on 2/8/2012 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I'm a commercial airline pilot
and i can confirm that in my
17 years in the cockpit i have
never seen anything unusual.
This leads me to believe that
all U.F.O. sightings are hoaxes.

see it's easy anyone can make anything up.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

He described the object as...silver or gray in color with three blue or white lights on the bottom and one on the top. He said it was a disc-shaped craft with a low dome on top.

It sounds like the classic UFO sighting. I wonder if those three lights were in the shape of a triangle maybe???

Also, don't forget this co-pilot risks humility by going public to say they saw a UFO by not only other pilots, but also general public and friends. I think they saw something, otherwise they wouldn't be serious about going to media to talk about this event.

Nice find, S&F.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I believe I already alluded to that, no?

I am ASSUMING the MUFON investigator (who interviewed him) asked him pertinent questions to convince her to proceed forward and he was who he claimed he was. He might've given her his name and flight number and she, as good investigator would, followed through and checked it out. Again, I am just assuming. MUFON is a pretty thorough organization.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

According to Flightradar24.com there were no flights between St Louis and Kansas City at 07/30/2012 09:25 UTC.

Maybe Homeland Security had that information removed.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

He described the object as...silver or gray in color with three blue or white lights on the bottom and one on the top. He said it was a disc-shaped craft with a low dome on top.

It sounds like the classic UFO sighting. I wonder if those three lights were in the shape of a triangle maybe???

Also, don't forget this co-pilot risks humility by going public to say they saw a UFO by not only other pilots, but also general public and friends. I think they saw something, otherwise they wouldn't be serious about going to media to talk about this event.

Nice find, S&F.

I was wondering the exact same thing about the lights being in a triangle configuration.

Yeah...there's still some humility associated with this paradigm but as time goes on, the overall humility is being replaced with bravery.

I do believe like astronauts, it is frowned upon and maybe even discouraged (with personal repercussions) for pilots to say anything about what they might see in public.

My own mother (deceased for many years) was an international flight attendant back in the 50's ....told me, seeing UFOs was more common than we were told and she personally saw many!
They were instructed not to discuss this with passengers so if she (an attendant) was told this, I can imagine what the pilots were told (warned?).

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
To those of us who know (alien) UFOs are real and here

Where?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ho chi minh
I'm a commercial airline pilot
and i can confirm that in my
17 years in the cockpit i have
never seen anything unusual.
This leads me to believe that
all U.F.O. sightings are hoaxes.

see it's easy anyone can make anything up.

This wasn't like an anonymous caller phoning Coast to Coast. This did go through the rigorous scrutiny of MUFON so it's not "THAT" easy.
I was just wondering what type of vetting was used.

Trust me, MUFON ain't that desperate for publicity. They are very careful when standing behind a UFO report!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Well I personally started asking them to share a bit of H2O with us... The rains did come both nights I asked and during a very bad fire in Branson it began to rain enough to put out one of the worst recorded condo fires in Branson history.

They are here and for some reason sticking around Missouri for an event that will probably happen very soon. I am waiting for the Perseid meteor showers to begin anytime peaking on the 11th. This is a majical month with the double August full moons happening, the rare Blue Moon.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

A closed mind and blind eye see's nothing. Because we do not see air does not mean it is not there. Good thread. S@F as usual.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
do not, I repeat, do not believe ANYTHING the msm tells you. they are in cahoots with the stupid government and anything they tell you is only to serve the government and NOT your individual interests. sure they'll say ufos this and ufos that but it is not going to be what you really need to hear namely the truth. wait until you see or otherwise experience one or two or whatever yourself and then follow your instincts. until then don't quit your day job, jump out a window or get onto a train "for your own protection". the government will only use this subject to mislead and control you, so why should we believe them after being lied to for so long?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnionHead

To those of us who know (alien) UFOs are real and here

Where?

if you have to ask then there's no sense in telling you

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by cripmeister

Maybe Homeland Security had that information removed.

Maybe. If you're 35 minutes out from Kansas City on a commercial flight, how far away from Kansas City are you approximately?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

This did go through the rigorous scrutiny of MUFON so it's not "THAT" easy.
I was just wondering what type of vetting was used.

If you don't know how or if the alleged witness was vetted in any way, what leads you to believe the report went through "rigorous scrutiny'?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

well said totally agree. Which is why I like to cross reference info and ask the OP's do the same and post it here for us all to see. Otherwise it could just be somebody's attempt to write a novel and using the internet to gleen some ideas. The imagination on ATS (masquerading as "the truth for non sheepies") can be quite colourful!

Although these are typical questions and concerns, the MUFON part (as far as their method of checking out their credentials) is left out of the story.
Being a former member of MUFON myself, I can tell you there are a multitude of avenues we had to go down before going forward with any investigation.

If you're interested in their practice, I implore you to visit their website.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join