It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilot claims to see UFO at KCI Airport - Aug 1, 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I believe that this is a fantastic sighting. Pilots are some of the best witnesses because they know their stuff. They know what is normal and what isn't when they are flying. I love the fact that already in this thread people have already tried to discredit the sighting. Hopefully MUFON get themselves involved in this. I am not saying that what the pilot saw was alien, what he did see was a UFO. However, he needs to come forward.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Such a ridiculously judgmental and patronizing reply to such a short question.

BTW id rather starve, and I know where you can put that receipt.

Seriously though, why is your back up? How do you know they are here? What do they look like? Do they have 2 big eyes and a long body? Do they possess genitalia, and is their genitalia a weapon of mass penetration?

Listen, seriously though, you stated as fact they are here, I would like to know why you think that? It is a genuine question. I also wanted to know where they are, but as you don't know and it seemed to cause offense then I wont go there

I should add, ask me the question, are they here? Honestly I have no idea, I do hope so though. If only they would just land

edit on 2-8-2012 by OnionHead because: Edited for a reason

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
... and pilots are, of course, completely infallible and incapable of error:

Air Canada Pilot sends plane into dive to avoid ... Venus:
Airplane, UFO, or Venus?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OnionHead

Listen, seriously though, you stated as fact they are here, I would like to know why you think that? It is a genuine question. I also wanted to know where they are, but as you don't know and it seemed to cause offense then I wont go there

I would suggest not traveling down that road it may lead you to insane laughter, but that is up to you.

Just a little friendly advice...

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

How could the pilot's estimate of the light's distance to the plane be off by at least 25 million miles? How could an experienced airline pilot mistake a planet for a plane?

news.discovery.com...

25 million miles away....:
:lol
taking a breath)

edit on 2-8-2012 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
So they seen one and you did not and now its a hoax! You know WHY there aren't any good pictures out there, by the time you REALISE something odd ITS gone! Reminds me 9yrs ago in Page, KS. Flash going N and 5mins after were 3 choppers full speed after it! Could make out the choppers, as for what went by I will never know, just a flash! UFO, test flight, who can say what it was. One morning in Oakley, KS so much fog a FRICKING Boommer no higher then 150 feet flew by going west down HY40. They fly slow, looked liked a boomer but its not like I've seen one up close, but had 2 or 4 eng. Why 150 ft, the elavator was just one block away and just could see the light on top. Go into more detail, the point is now we are doing what they do!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Air Canada Pilot sends plane into dive to avoid ... Venus:
Airplane, UFO, or Venus?

Actually, the pilot took the dive after seeing the USAF aircraft approaching. The first "light" he saw was "Venus" (at least according to the report).

I'm not sure I actually believe the whole report. Its almost like they were looking for something to blame the pilot's actions, and Venus was just a good candidate. But also according to the report, the pilot had just woken up (pilots take naps on long flights to avoid fatigue). So he was just "disoriented" from waking suddenly.

I actually have to wonder if the whole account is at least, "partial fabrication" because they want to avoid legal action from the passengers who were injured from the sudden dive.

I remember when the incident was first reported on Canadian news. There was a lot of talk initially of a possible "UFO". I think that may be the reason why Venus was brought into this.

This is not to say the explanation is totally hokey or anything. I suppose its possible that a pilot would suddenly wake up and then seize the controls while still experiencing disorientation. Possible, but maybe a bit doubtful.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Why are threads like this even posted?
It is obvious right from the outset that this case could have been filed
by anyone. There no pictures, no evidence, in fact it is very likely a hoax!

Human_Alien knows this, but posts the thread anyway.............quite bizarre.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The fact of the matter is UFO sightings continue to go up year over year all over the world despite the fact that commercial flight traffic has gone down.

All but diehard debunkers admit something unexplainable is going on. Given the current trend and the availability of ubiquitous camera phones it wont be much longer until the debunkers have to crawl back into their caves and get back to their real jobs of hitting rocks with sticks while covered in blueberry stain as they try to coax rain out of the white puffy things up in the sky.

Civilization is being slowly conditioned. Look around. There are references to aliens and ufos everywhere you look. Any five year old can spot an "alien" as quickly as they can spot a cow or chicken. Skepticism is part of a healthy curious mind. Debunking is an antisocial disorder of denial.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Yawn................again.

I am a Commercial Pilot.

Yes, as I have stated in other threads, I have seen "strange" stuff before.

Anyone who would like to PM me to find out my credentials, please be my guest, I will be quite happy to supply my ARN.

Just one thing,

Their cell phones are probably packed away in their small carry-on cases seeing they can't use them when flying so.............

Breaking News!!! No, we use them all the time. Same as some Captains still smoke in the cockpit. Much to a lot of First Officers disgust

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Yawn again............

I believe we have flogged the ubiquitous dead horse with this one haven't we Druscilla?

Ok, your link may have some merit, but it certainly is not a common theme among fellow pilots. Sure it may have caught out a few FO's but it soon grows an old story.

I think we are more used to seeing and identifying objects in the air more than anyone else. After all, it's our job to avoid them. Also, using the old method of time vs distance, most if not all of us are able to visually determine an objects/aircraft's speed. Therefore anything outside that box of commonality usually raises great interest within the cockpit.
edit on 2-8-2012 by CaptainBeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
So... the whole "I get it, this person wants to stay anonymous to protect their job" thinking eludes me.

What intelligent people would sacrifice the chance to stand as reputable witnesses to something as Earth-shaking as this to save a career? Silly.
edit on 8/2/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by infoseeker26754
So they seen one and you did not and now its a hoax! You know WHY there aren't any good pictures out there, by the time you REALISE something odd ITS gone! Reminds me 9yrs ago in Page, KS. Flash going N and 5mins after were 3 choppers full speed after it! Could make out the choppers, as for what went by I will never know, just a flash! UFO, test flight, who can say what it was. One morning in Oakley, KS so much fog a FRICKING Boommer no higher then 150 feet flew by going west down HY40. They fly slow, looked liked a boomer but its not like I've seen one up close, but had 2 or 4 eng. Why 150 ft, the elavator was just one block away and just could see the light on top. Go into more detail, the point is now we are doing what they do!

What's a BOOMMER? Do you mean bomber? If so which kind? B-1, 2, 52?

BTW, I heard 3 fighters flying after something (or each other) today right on the edge of a thunderstorm. Never could get a visual on them.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
do not, I repeat, do not believe ANYTHING the msm tells you. they are in cahoots with the stupid government and anything they tell you is only to serve the government and NOT your individual interests. sure they'll say ufos this and ufos that but it is not going to be what you really need to hear namely the truth. wait until you see or otherwise experience one or two or whatever yourself and then follow your instincts. until then don't quit your day job, jump out a window or get onto a train "for your own protection". the government will only use this subject to mislead and control you, so why should we believe them after being lied to for so long?

This is totally true..
But only when the word "Government" is replaced with the word "Corporations".

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Here we go again!
I live near the area. The news clip claimed they reported on UFOs in Blue Springs, MO last year at this time.

I don't remember that at all, but I do remember another KC station reporting about Blue Springs UFOs in May.

ATS: Blue Springs, MO: Multi-Colored Objects Seen for Weeks - May 24, 2012

I never did get a chance to get out there and take a look. It was always cloudy the nights we could go. I posted some other reports from MUFON on the above thread. One was from a police officer.

Here is a pdf link to their August newsletter. It talks about people seeing balls of light.

The recent increase in sightings have MUFON State Director Debbie Ziegelmeyer from St. Louis, Assistant State Director Margie Kay from Kansas City, and Chief Investigator Joe Paler-mo from St. Louis baffled. Dur-ing the past 30 days Missouri MUFON has received over 50 UFO sighting reports with multi-ple witnesses in most cases, which is a very high number for the state. Most of these events are described as red balls of light, or orbs. Witness' video and still pho-tos, available at www.mufon.com

The newsletter also talks about the pilot, but it doesn't really give any info that isn't already presented here.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by jamdan
What's happening on August 4th then? Anything exciting? Boy oh boy! Gee Willikers!
edit on 2-8-2012 by jamdan because: (no reason given)

There's a lot of rumor that Saturday there will be a world-wide UFO event. Whether it's disclosure or a massive sighting is obviously unknown.
And because of the recent crop circles (apparently) depicted August 4th...people are tying things together.

Here's a blog-cast that explains it better. Somehow, the Queen is even involved

www.blogtalkradio.com...

Are you fueling the rumour, or do you yourself believe that there will be an event? In an earlier post I suggested that there were indeed rumours surrounding a "summer event", and i wondered if you have any further information to add.
Failing the occurence of such and event, what would your excuse be if said event did not indeed occur?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
do not, I repeat, do not believe ANYTHING the msm tells you. they are in cahoots with the stupid government and anything they tell you is only to serve the government and NOT your individual interests. sure they'll say ufos this and ufos that but it is not going to be what you really need to hear namely the truth. wait until you see or otherwise experience one or two or whatever yourself and then follow your instincts. until then don't quit your day job, jump out a window or get onto a train "for your own protection". the government will only use this subject to mislead and control you, so why should we believe them after being lied to for so long?

This is totally true..
But only when the word "Government" is replaced with the word "Corporations".

true, my bad

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Has this story already died? The MO MUFON newsletter has a story on it, but it's all old news:
www.missourimufon.org...

If this happened as reported,I think we'd be hearing from the passengers who were also supposed to have seen the UFO.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
X
edit on 3-8-2012 by CardDown because: Duplicate post

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by Human_Alien

According to Flightradar24.com there were no flights between St Louis and Kansas City at 07/30/2012 09:25 UTC.

edit on 2/8/2012 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

Maybe Homeland Security had that information removed.

The far more likely and mundane explanation (going with the assumption that the story is true) is the fact that the website in question gathers data from a network of volunteer run ADS-B receivers, and that not all aircraft have ADS-B transponders installed...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join