It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Target food proves evolution wrong

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
Now if we were on our home base, things would be way different. No adaptation needed, things just work for us naturally. No processing, no cooking, none of that crap, it was meant for us, are you getting this?

Anteaters get sick and die too, you know.

I recognize that you want to imagine a utopia where everything is perfect, but evolution is about the proliferation of genes that are conducive to reproduction. Ants are probably one of the most successful organisms, because they are everywhere. Who am I kidding, that'll be too complicated for you to grasp. You'll just take that and say something stupid.

We technically don't have to cook meat to eat it. It just tends to be safer to cook meat that has been stored. You could feasibly kill an animal and eat right from its flesh. Your digestive tract is capable of digesting the meat efficiently. The problem is that it doesn't store quickly, so this ability is not very useful for a large conglomeration of humans trying to live in a single area (something that didn't begin to happen until we BEGAN to cultivate crops). Humans have a long history of not eating wheat and other grains. That's why it's my belief that grains are not meant to be in our diet, and are causing a great number of our ailments.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Anteaters get sick and die too, you know.
I have no idea why your saying this.

I recognize that you want to imagine a utopia where everything is perfect, but evolution is about the proliferation of genes that are conducive to reproduction.
By your own admission, a creator.

Ants are probably one of the most successful organisms, because they are everywhere. Who am I kidding, that'll be too complicated for you to grasp. You'll just take that and say something stupid
No I agree, they are and that success is probably based on how much of their element is here for them.

We technically don't have to cook meat to eat it
Hold up Hauss, I wasn't referring to just meat. The fact is we cook the majority of our food. Now not all of that is required, so I can only assume that its because we like hot meals. But some of it is required, which alone is proof that it's either food that wasn't meant for us or that parasites came into the picture, that either were, or werent suppose to be there. Your totally missed the whole point. Why are we eating food that requires this trouble? It's again because there is something missing from our menu.

It just tends to be safer to cook meat that has been stored. You could feasibly kill an animal and eat right from its flesh. Your digestive tract is capable of digesting the meat efficiently. The problem is that it doesn't store quickly, so this ability is not very useful for a large conglomeration of humans trying to live in a single area (something that didn't begin to happen until we BEGAN to cultivate crops).
Hunting is NOT natural, its an abilility that is taught from one human to another to circumvent a problem, we are missing food from our menu. It's a sign of desperation.

Humans have a long history of not eating wheat and other grains. That's why it's my belief that grains are not meant to be in our diet, and are causing a great number of our ailments.
And you would be right, at least that its not our food.

Just to recap since you failed to comment about my last post to you. There is no way your going to convince anyone that evolution is not guided by some type of intelligence by claiming that it has the ability to program each species to know what its food is.

There is no way your ever going to be able to convince anyone that evolution has the ability to evolve us into accepting our food, when all we have done is adapt our food.

There is no way your going to convince anyone that there isn't some sort of intelligence behind the workings of evolution when each species automatically knows what to eat, and what not to eat. There has to be information shared between the planet and evolution in order for that to happen, and well its looking more and more like it being intelligent is just the tip of the iceberg.

Your also never going to convince anyone that earth is our home when we obviously are missing things from our needed diet.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

reply to post by colin42

natural
You again linked to Google front page thus proving without doubt you are a troll and a very dishonest troll at that.

This confirms that nothing you write can be relied on to be honest and you now need to back everything you write with evidence or it will be rejected.

ALL
Tooth refuses by deception to supply the link to 'Natural' that he quoted from. He has now repeated this while being able to provide links to other sites which means it is intentional to hide his dishonesty. A trick he employed on the other thread as well.

Given that tooth has shown this degree of dishonesty I hope everyone joins and enforces the above.

edit on 20-8-2012 by colin42 because: Message to honest posters

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

When you see a species eating a large variety of different things, its an obvious sign of desperation. ..................... opinion

Most likely becuase he is missing one or more. .................................... opinion

Someone on this thread had shared with me that according to evolution, ............................ opinion

I have no link but I'm not shocked, .................. dishonesty followed by opinion
Nope you had the link and made a smarmy comment on it. So you have no answer. Just your opinion and continued dishonest behaviour.

There is no assumption, .................................... opinion

My best proof is that the diet of any given species is 100% predictable, ......................... opinion

Neither, what I'm trying to say is ............. opinion and avoidance

And I'll bet you if you look hard enough you can even see a connection to pink unicorns. ...........Refusal to answer my point only a straw man offered in repsonse

Hell the DNA is probably real close, its still not proof of evolution. ...................... opinion

You failed to back up any of your claims above as you stated you do.

I don't offer my opinion on here, there is another thread for that, I only present things that can be backed up.
So just another lie then.

ALL THE ABOVE REJECTED

edit on 20-8-2012 by colin42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

reply to post by Connector

Mods....why the # is this idiotic thread here and not in the Grey Area? Going for a Titor effect ranking wise?

Delete points as needed. Oh ya, forgot, they don't mean anything anymore.......................................

Rather than piss and moan why dont you step up to the plate and dish out some proof yourself.

I started this thread because colin tempted me to. He thought it would be funny because he assumed they would throw me in skunk works and I told him they would not. And as you can see, he was wrong, again
IMO You are being saved from Skunk works because of the very good points being made that destroy your ignorance.

Connector has supplied you almost endlessly with evidence which you reject pretty much without reading so you demanding proof, someone that has never offered any is an insult to which he should laugh in your face.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Hunting is NOT natural, its an abilility that is taught from one human to another to circumvent a problem, we are missing food from our menu. It's a sign of desperation.

What... are you aware that chimps do the same thing? Different tribes of chimps have different methods of hunting. Some sharpen sticks to kill pygmies, and others have shaped rocks to bash in the heads of their prey. Hunting with tools is very natural, a result of our genes producing brains that focus on creativity to survive.

We're able to eat it. It's just not something our bodies are designed to process very well. Given a bottle-necked population that ate primarily grain, it would become "our food" after just a few generations.

Just to recap since you failed to comment about my last post to you. There is no way your going to convince anyone that evolution is not guided by some type of intelligence by claiming that it has the ability to program each species to know what its food is.

Your also never going to convince anyone that earth is our home when we obviously are missing things from our needed diet.

The only thing a lot of people are missing from their diet is something that they have actively removed from it: fat. Go to any native tribe across the world, and fat is their primary source of nutrients. Our bodies are experts at breaking it down, storing it, and it tastes delicious. Gonna try to tell me that it's not our food now?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

By your own admission, a creator.

???

I admit that a creator is possible. I'm a little religious, but I believe that science trumps religion. It's based on what multiple people observe about our world.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

You again linked to Google front page thus proving without doubt you are a troll and a very dishonest troll at that
Ok this one I actually had gone back to and clicked on, and it actually works, so now I know YOUR a troll. Whats a matter, you can't win a debate so you have to pull little tricks like this to make others look bad.

Natural

nat·u·raladjective /ˈnaCHərəl/ 

1.Existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind
- carrots contain a natural antiseptic that fights bacteria
- natural disasters such as earthquakes

2.(of fabric) Having a color characteristic of the unbleached and undyed state; off-white

3.Of or in agreement with the character or makeup of, or circumstances surrounding, someone or something
- sharks have no natural enemies

4.(of a person) Born with a particular skill, quality, or ability
- he was a natural entertainer

5.(of a skill, quality, or ability) Coming instinctively to a person; innate
- writing appears to demand muscular movements that are not natural to children

6.(of a person or their behavior) Relaxed and unaffected; spontaneous
- he replied with too much nonchalance to sound natural

7.Occurring as a matter of course and without debate; inevitable
- Ken was a natural choice for coach

8.(of law or justice) Based on innate moral sense; instinctively felt to be right and fair

9.(of a bid) Straightforwardly reflecting one's holding of cards

10.(of a parent or child) Related by blood
- such adopted children always knew who their natural parents were

11.Illegitimate
- the Baron left a natural son by his mistress

12.(of a note) Not sharped or flatted
- the bassoon plays G-natural instead of A-flat

13.(of a brass instrument) Having no valves and able to play only the notes of the harmonic series above a fundamental note

14.Of or relating to the notes and intervals of the harmonic series

15.Relating to earthly or unredeemed human or physical nature as distinct from the spiritual or supernatural realm

noun /ˈnaCHərəl/ 
naturals, plural

1.A person regarded as having an innate gift or talent for a particular task or activity
- she was a natural for the sort of television work required of her

2.A thing that is particularly suited for something
- perky musical accompaniment would seem a natural for this series

3.A sign (♮) denoting a natural note when a previous sign or the key signature would otherwise demand a sharp or a flat

4.A natural note

5.Any of the longer keys on a keyboard instrument that are normally white

6.A creamy beige color

7.A hand of cards, throw of dice, or other result that wins immediately, in particular

8.A hand of two cards making 21 in the first deal in blackjack and similar games

9.A first throw of 7 or 11 at craps

10.An insect or other small creature used as bait, rather than an artificial imitation

11.offensive. A person born with a learning disability

adverb /ˈnaCHərəl/ 

1.Naturally
- keep walking—just act natural

[PS. this was the full page definition, as shared in the ex box, and BTW, I even went back and checked it so if you claim this one doesn't work as well, your lying.

edit on 20-8-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

When you see a species eating a large variety of different things, its an obvious sign of desperation. ..................... opinion

Most likely becuase he is missing one or more. .................................... opinion

Someone on this thread had shared with me that according to evolution, ............................ opinion

I have no link but I'm not shocked, .................. dishonesty followed by opinion

Nope you had the link and made a smarmy comment on it. So you have no answer. Just your opinion and continued dishonest behaviour.

There is no assumption, .................................... opinion

My best proof is that the diet of any given species is 100% predictable, ......................... opinion

Neither, what I'm trying to say is ............. opinion and avoidance

And I'll bet you if you look hard enough you can even see a connection to pink unicorns. ...........Refusal to answer my point only a straw man offered in repsonse

Hell the DNA is probably real close, its still not proof of evolution. ...................... opinion

You failed to back up any of your claims above as you stated you do.

I don't offer my opinion on here, there is another thread for that, I only present things that can be backed up.

So just another lie then.

ALL THE ABOVE REJECTED

Rejected, LOL, I'm heartbroken. Do you think I really need acceptance from someone that has a made up religion to replace another religion?

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by colin42

IMO You are being saved from Skunk works because of the very good points being made that destroy your ignorance.
Location of the thread is determined long before you entered the thread.

Connector has supplied you almost endlessly with evidence which you reject pretty much without reading so you demanding proof, someone that has never offered any is an insult to which he should laugh in your face.
Connector has never made any valid points. Just another religion covering for another religion.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

What... are you aware that chimps do the same thing? Different tribes of chimps have different methods of hunting. Some sharpen sticks to kill pygmies, and others have shaped rocks to bash in the heads of their prey. Hunting with tools is very natural, a result of our genes producing brains that focus on creativity to survive.
Whoa, slow down there Hauss. They don't rely on these techniques to survive. Your trying to make it sound like they lead a life of adaptation like we do, and they are nothing like us in survival. Your exeggerating slightly because they do not rely on these things.

We're able to eat it. It's just not something our bodies are designed to process very well. Given a bottle-necked population that ate primarily grain, it would become "our food" after just a few generations.
You didn't share the quote so I lost which food we were talking about.

The only thing a lot of people are missing from their diet is something that they have actively removed from it
Ok and thats a very easy thing to say, but your going to have to come up with something to prove this. I'm not saying that just because this is a debate, and your on that end, I'm an easy going guy, if you have a good sounding reason I can accept it, but I need to hear it.

fat. Go to any native tribe across the world, and fat is their primary source of nutrients. Our bodies are experts at breaking it down, storing it, and it tastes delicious. Gonna try to tell me that it's not our food now?
I'm not getting your point.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

I admit that a creator is possible. I'm a little religious, but I believe that science trumps religion. It's based on what multiple people observe about our world.
It's based on three things, faith, observation, and historical events. When you only acknowledge the observation part, its a clear sign to me that you don't understand what all its about. The historical events are the most important pieces because they actually answer the very questions that you and I are debating over.
edit on 20-8-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Ok this one I actually had gone back to and clicked on, and it actually works, so now I know YOUR a troll. Whats a matter, you can't win a debate so you have to pull little tricks like this to make others look bad.
And as usual your word cannot be trusted as this is yet again a broken link to the google front page.

REJECTED

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Rejected, LOL, I'm heartbroken. Do you think I really need acceptance from someone that has a made up religion to replace another religion?

I could care less if your heart broken or not. You have again chosen not to answer any of the vast number of questions I have asked.

Do that instead of your childish personal attacks.

REJECTED

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The lies just keep coming. Unbelievable. So a lion hunting for an antelope is not natural? A mother lion teaching her cubs to hunt makes it unnatural? You have absolutely no clue about anything you are talking about. You just keep making stuff up and hoping its true. I guess more than half the planet is not natural since it's full of predators that hunt and teach their offspring to hunt.

Your problem is that you are separating humans into this special species, when they are nothing more than another creature on this planet with above average intellect. Every single thing you have said about target food with other creatures can easily apply to humans with same logic. But you aren't treating humans the same. You are putting them on a pedestal.

It's clear as day that you are a creationist troll, not an AA theory supporter. Seriously though, if you are trolling to provoke knowledge, why be so stubborn and not progress the conversation at all. You just keep repeating the same lies over and over. Bad troll, no donut.
edit on 20-8-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Location of the thread is determined long before you entered the thread.
Thanks for confirming that I have had a hand in destroying your argument and denying your ignorance but I am not the only one that has pointed out and backed with evidence that you are nowhere near correct.

Most have given you up as a troll or at least a waste of time and stopped posting and I have reached my limit and decided to not put up with your dishonesty or ignorance any longer.

Connector has never made any valid points. Just another religion covering for another religion.
Here is the proof of my words above. Your denial of the evidence is that of any fundamentalist, religious or otherwise.

BTW We have all told you that you have replaced one religion with your homemade one. At least you have now realised that.

PS When do you begin showing how 'Target food proves evolution wrong?'

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

The lies just keep coming. Unbelievable. So a lion hunting for an antelope is not natural?
Dont you think that if you were suppose to be a hunter that you would be a little more prepared like the lion? Heck you can't even hunt with the proper tools unless someone teaches you how, and how to use them. Not much of a natural hunter then.

A mother lion teaching her cubs to hunt makes it unnatural? You have absolutely no clue about anything you are talking about. You just keep making stuff up and hoping its true. I guess more than half the planet is not natural since it's full of predators that hunt and teach their offspring to hunt
And when any of it is done from instinct, you know its natural.

Your problem is that you are separating humans into this special species, when they are nothing more than another creature on this planet with above average intellect.
This is where you are wrong. I'm not seperating us, we are seperated. There is nothing that ties us to this planet, unless you count that things that we make ties with.

Every single thing you have said about target food with other creatures can easily apply to humans with same logic. But you aren't treating humans the same. You are putting them on a pedestal.
Your confusing our ability to adapt, with things that we could do instinctivly.

It's clear as day that you are a creationist troll, not an AA theory supporter. Seriously though, if you are trolling to provoke knowledge, why be so stubborn and not progress the conversation at all. You just keep repeating the same lies over and over. Bad troll, no donut.
Well I have my doubts about everything.

posted on Aug, 20 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

Thanks for confirming that I have had a hand in destroying your argument and denying your ignorance but I am not the only one that has pointed out and backed with evidence that you are nowhere near correct.

Most have given you up as a troll or at least a waste of time and stopped posting and I have reached my limit and decided to not put up with your dishonesty or ignorance any longer.

Here is the proof of my words above. Your denial of the evidence is that of any fundamentalist, religious or otherwise.

BTW We have all told you that you have replaced one religion with your homemade one. At least you have now realised that.

PS When do you begin showing how 'Target food proves evolution wrong?'
When you stop pretending that it hasn't allready.

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Dont you think that if you were suppose to be a hunter that you would be a little more prepared like the lion? Heck you can't even hunt with the proper tools unless someone teaches you how, and how to use them. Not much of a natural hunter then.

Please, just stop. Humans are the best hunters on the planet because we are smart and crafty with our hands. We are naturally good planners and creative problem solvers. Designing tools is part of that. Once again, for the 12039410923840912th time, intellect is our primary survival strength. You ignore this every single time it's brought up. That alone proves you wrong, because humans ARE PERFECTLY adapted to earth based on intelligence. Everything we do is based on knowledge and understanding of how things work. Because of this, we OWN this planet and manipulate everything exactly how we want it. We are the most successful and well adapted species on the planet by far. How could you possibly deny this? How can you say that teaching is not natural, when it plays to our greatest strength as a species? Intelligence. Think about it. Also chimps, Dolphins and many other creatures use tools as well. I guess no intelligent mammals are from earth?

And when any of it is done from instinct, you know its natural.

So intellect is unnatural? Again, animals teach their young to hunt, most don't just instantly pick it up.

There is nothing that ties us to this planet, unless you count that things that we make ties with.

Another blatant lie. Humans have more connections to this planet, than target food does. You have been given several things that links us to this planet, but you instantly dismiss them all.
edit on 21-8-2012 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

When you stop pretending that it hasn't allready.
When you stop spelling already with two L's and supply the evidence for your unfounded claims

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join