It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So the dreaded day arrives and they are coming for your guns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Who the hell wants a registered gun anyway....? Not i...

A registered gun is an unconstitutional gun.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by ronnieray123

We do not need laws, we have the Constitution. What more is needed?
What do you do when it is ignored and just thrown in the trash?
Suppose we did pass laws, what then when they ignore those too?
edit on 2-8-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

Yes instead of a focas on "guns" and the killers that use them, they should focas on the bastards violation of the constitutional rights of others as the greater evil here.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

Exactly.

Amen brother.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

MOST KICKASS SIGN EVER!!!

I'm a hoosier, we are a little more restrained in our enthusiasm about the glorification of weaponized recreational activities, we just kill you back after 25 years on death row.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Havve you ever met an American? This is the only country on earth where no matter what city no matter what state no matter what time of day, if you walk down the street and slap 100 people at least 90 are going to stomp your ass or give it their best shot.

We are a spartan society, we always fight, and when we don't have anyone to fight we fight eachother, over the dumbest things. We can't help it, most won't and don't understand. It is just our way.

The closest analogue I can think of to compair to would be the mandolorians from star wars, we don't expect others to approve or understand, we couldn't care less what they think about us.

It makes me proud every single time I see my countrymen on the tube arguing politics, arguing bar b Q, arguing fishing lures, or best guns, or favorite beer..etc

We can't have reasonable discourse on almost any subject when mre than 5 people of differing views and limited history discuss it. It always breaks down into petty infighting, which is actually ingrained from birth by our society.

Just like the Spartans of old, our society vowed we would never again be under a tyrants boot no matter the cost. So we breed fighters, and glorify warriors so as to make even our weak and timid strong and overbearing when compaired to others.

I mean it is simple psychology, who you gonna mess with, a bunch of crazy ass gun enthusiest wackjobs that are known world wide for just snapping and taking as many people as they can with them, or the easy mark with no gun and a history of rolling over easy? This is a no brainer for the entire world, that's why so many try to stay out of the way if possible, we are just a drunk iirish guy looking for a good scrap before the night is over. It doesn't even seem to matter who it is most of the time.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Who the hell wants a registered gun anyway....? Not i...

Sometimes that's the only way to get them. All my pistols are registered. I'm also a legal ccw holder

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

There's not much of a difference between cowardice and stupidity, then, so it appears. Guns are not worth dying for.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronnieray123
I am not a big 2nd amendment guy, I think that they are all equally important. Not just one of them. I hear people all day long proclaiming themselves patriots and about all the things they will do if someone dared come for their firearms.
It seems that my idea of a patriot and what others call a patriot are very different. Allow me to do define what I see as the basic 2nd amendment patriot.
The day comes when TPTB are able to pass gun control laws. It is official and they are coming for your guns, One day 2 black SUV's pull in front of your house, They are here to take your guns, Being the patriot you are you grab your 2 favorites and take your stand on your porch. The 2 American flags you have flying suddenly wrap themselves around you in breeze that surely came from the hand of God himself. You imagine that you can hear Stars and Striped Forever playing in the background. The men get out of their SUV's and approach you. You hold up your life size copy of the US Constitution and proclaim you have Rights, you warn them not to come any closer and to leave your property. The men who came to collect your guns realize that you are correct and leave making a note that you know your Rights and are not to be messed with. Oh what a patriot you are.
The reality is quite different. They will come to your house and you will give them your guns willingly, or you will perish. You might get a dumb idea and shoot one of them, or you might get lucky and end up in prison instead of dead. Either way they got your guns and your family is left to pick up the pieces. Still sound like a good idea to you? You do realize dead patriots cast no votes don't you?
If you are a patriot, then why do you wait for laws that you know they are trying to pass come to be? Get your 2nd amendment buddies together, have meetings with the NRA, and start doing NOW, what should have been done years ago.
Each state needs to figure out where their "Line in the sand" is. They need to do it while they still have time.
Legislation needs to be passed that clearly states any attempt to revoke a citizens 2nd amendment right will be followed by a vote of secession. With this in place ahead of time, they can't take your guns. If 20 states have this in place the whole country wins.
We all need to take the Constitution seriously enough to defend it, and to be prepared to go as far as leave the union to do so..
A patriot acts preemptively, he fights with votes. He protects those votes with muscats if need be., but first he gets laws passed in his state,because states are sovereign. He doesn't sit on his porch waiting for the worst, he prevents the worst from ever happening

You forget one detail... LEO's are outnumbered 1000 to 1... And even if there's 990 cowards there's always going to be a handful with balls... and a handful is more than whats needed... When the news announce that 100 LEO's got shot trying to enter houses to seize guns the others will refuse to follow the order to get them...

Hell you don't even need guns... This dude took down an entire police department and rendered them completely useless with nothing but an old ass tractor...

www.democratandchronicle.com...|newswell|text|Local%20News|p

They couldn't even chase him down the street or do anything they had no cruisers left at the station...

Think about it... What are cops without cars going to do? The riffles, shotguns, supplies is all in the trunk... no trunk... you got a single man standing with a handful of bullets, a taser and a stick...

Guess where this stick is going when he's going to run out of bullets...
edit on 3-8-2012 by _R4t_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
When will people understand these numbers. Theirs 330 million American citizens. 7 out of 10 own more than one firearm. Do the math. That's a hell of a lot of firepower in the hands of the populace. The shear number of firearms in the hands of citizens spells terror to any agency charged with going out and rounding up the guns.

All most an impossible task. When they crack down here, we'll hide them there. When they start in one state, the gun owners in other states will act accordingly. They'll hide their weapons. Any agency tasked with gun confiscation will have to be the biggest agency our Government ever created. Power in numbers, and the gun owners have the numbers. When that day comes,( the scenario the op played out) it will allready be to late.

IMHO, When our Government decides to dis-arm the populace, we all will see the Second Cival War in our Republic. Do that math folks, it's staggering numbers indeed. And that's only counting the guns that ARE registered.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ronnieray123

As long as they continue to sell ammo on line, I WILL continue to keep buying...and hide it!!!!

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Havve you ever met an American? This is the only country on earth where no matter what city no matter what state no matter what time of day, if you walk down the street and slap 100 people at least 90 are going to stomp your ass or give it their best shot.

We are a spartan society, we always fight, and when we don't have anyone to fight we fight eachother, over the dumbest things. We can't help it, most won't and don't understand. It is just our way.

The closest analogue I can think of to compair to would be the mandolorians from star wars, we don't expect others to approve or understand, we couldn't care less what they think about us.

It makes me proud every single time I see my countrymen on the tube arguing politics, arguing bar b Q, arguing fishing lures, or best guns, or favorite beer..etc

We can't have reasonable discourse on almost any subject when mre than 5 people of differing views and limited history discuss it. It always breaks down into petty infighting, which is actually ingrained from birth by our society.

Just like the Spartans of old, our society vowed we would never again be under a tyrants boot no matter the cost. So we breed fighters, and glorify warriors so as to make even our weak and timid strong and overbearing when compaired to others.

I mean it is simple psychology, who you gonna mess with, a bunch of crazy ass gun enthusiest wackjobs that are known world wide for just snapping and taking as many people as they can with them, or the easy mark with no gun and a history of rolling over easy? This is a no brainer for the entire world, that's why so many try to stay out of the way if possible, we are just a drunk iirish guy looking for a good scrap before the night is over. It doesn't even seem to matter who it is most of the time.

While I do not agree with all this, I agree with parts of it, and I smiled when I read it as it reminded me as being written in the style of Robert E Howard or Micky Spillane.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Take the guns and firepower away from the US Army and take the spears and swords away from the Spartans, have a real fight and guess who would win...

The Spartans would murder you like you can't imagine.

Owning a gun does not a Spartan make. Please don't make the comparison.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just for the sake of not getting caught with our pants down, I really think it is a good idea for states to start getting legislation together that defines what power the state will allow the Fed to have over them, and more importantly what they will not.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

Lol, thanks for the compliment, I wouldn't go that far though. I am just another pottie mouthed, overbearing, obnoxious American, that is overly proud of his peoples history, and more than a little enthusiastic about sharing my obviously biased, version of the world.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

And compaired to the persians they slaughtered, we would also probably lose in a hand to hand battle. As men lived like animals back then, not as civilized society, they were by necessity harder than nails.

I never said we are exactly like the spartans, I said just like them, we said we would never again be under the boot of a tyrant. They were at one time slaves, they rebelled, and formed the only kind of society they could think of that would guarantee their decendents future freedom no matter the tyrant trying to take it. I simply pointed out, that ours did the same.

edit on 3-8-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
They already have come for some guns: Aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Does anyone in the forum have any first hand knowledge or experience with gun confiscation after that natural disaster? If so, were the guns returned later?

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I am not a big 2nd amendment guy, I think that they are all equally important. Not just one of them. I hear people all day long proclaiming themselves patriots and about all the things they will do if someone dared come for their firearms.

You just might better consider that those people are serious and will do whatever is necessary to protect themselves, their families and their property.

It seems that my idea of a patriot and what others call a patriot are very different. Allow me to do define what I see as the basic 2nd amendment patriot.

There is only 1 definition of a Patriot. Someone that believes in the US Constitution, Bill of Rights, Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness, and small government.

The day comes when TPTB are able to pass gun control laws. It is official and they are coming for your guns, One day 2 black SUV's pull in front of your house, They are here to take your guns, Being the patriot you are you grab your 2 favorites and take your stand on your porch. The 2 American flags you have flying suddenly wrap themselves around you in breeze that surely came from the hand of God himself. You imagine that you can hear Stars and Striped Forever playing in the background. The men get out of their SUV's and approach you. You hold up your life size copy of the US Constitution and proclaim you have Rights, you warn them not to come any closer and to leave your property. The men who came to collect your guns realize that you are correct and leave making a note that you know your Rights and are not to be messed with. Oh what a patriot you are.

I guess you're good a dreams, because as soon as the SUV's pulled up, there would have been weapons drawn (on private property) and the goons would not have been allowed to stay. And no one pulls out the documents and waves a flag in the face of Tyrannical forces.

The reality is quite different. They will come to your house and you will give them your guns willingly, or you will perish. You might get a dumb idea and shoot one of them, or you might get lucky and end up in prison instead of dead. Either way they got your guns and your family is left to pick up the pieces. Still sound like a good idea to you? You do realize dead patriots cast no votes don't you?

Its not about votes. True Patriots would gladly give up their lives for what they believe. Cowards would give up and surrender.

If you are a patriot, then why do you wait for laws that you know they are trying to pass come to be? Get your 2nd amendment buddies together, have meetings with the NRA, and start doing NOW, what should have been done years ago.

Because of STUPID remarks like that, TRUE PATRIOTS will ignore you. You're placing the burden on them to do what YOU won't do yourself. So they die and win you freedom. You're just cowering in the corner, in the dark, in fear because you refuse to pick up a weapon and do it.

Each state needs to figure out where their "Line in the sand" is. They need to do it while they still have time. Legislation needs to be passed that clearly states any attempt to revoke a citizens 2nd amendment right will be followed by a vote of secession. With this in place ahead of time, they can't take your guns. If 20 states have this in place the whole country wins.

What are you doing to further this ? Have you contacted your congressman about this ?

We all need to take the Constitution seriously enough to defend it, and to be prepared to go as far as leave the union to do so.

Don't disagree with you. Things are starting to get serious.

A patriot acts preemptively, he fights with votes. He protects those votes with muscats if need be., but first he gets laws passed in his state,because states are sovereign. He doesn't sit on his porch waiting for the worst, he prevents the worst from ever happening

Agreed !
edit on 8/3/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I can think only of 2 reason for that to happen.

1st. The Elite people are scare to death that the American population is waking up, And have more fire power then the military industrial complex.

2nd A natural disaster is on the way on a big scale.

Picture yourself a disaster like Katrina but across the USA
What America would look like with
128 million long guns and 64 million hand guns registered.

But the Mafia, Gangs, They don't use registered guns i don't think so.
Do you really think the crime rate would go down?

edit on 3-8-2012 by knowneedtoknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There is an important point here. The true power lies with the States. Any Federal Government in our nation is only as powerful as the State Governments that support it. Now look at a map of the famous Red/Blue States. What if the Red States simply said NO?
edit on 3-8-2012 by MissingRonnieR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
And compaired to the persians they slaughtered, we would also probably lose in a hand to hand battle. As men lived like animals back then, not as civilized society, they were by necessity harder than nails.

Sorry, this is untrue. It is a common assumption that the Spartan's were uncivilized because they were so warrior-like, but this is actually contrary to fact.

Not only was Sparta civilized, it was one of the most well-governed kingdoms in all Greece (so much so that a relief of the founder of the Spartan constitution, Lycurgus, today adorns the wall of the U.S. House of Representatives). The Spartans also excelled in architecture, art, and dance.

Spartan Culture

Just because they were "harder than nails" doesn't mean they lived "like animals". In fact, if you went back in time and entered Sparta you may even find it to be more 'civilized' than most of our modern cities.
edit on 3-8-2012 by FOXMULDER147 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join