It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I get a gun?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ExploitedAliens

From what I read I would not recommend you get a gun. Using a gun demands great responsibility. Only after careful assessment of your own psychological character, researching firearm types and uses, and then training to use the weapon is a safe manner should anyone get a gun. Irresponsible ownership will only bring grief. This goes for everyone out there!

Stay safe!

I saw one comment advising you take a break from Abovetopsecret. I concur.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

please don't get a gun. Please, so not smart. LOVE!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You should get a gun, learn how to use it, get used to it. Be responsible. And think before shooting

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Don't be getting a gun if you aren't willing to use it. Criminals can often tell if a person will use a gun and they will take it away and possibly use it on you. I wouldn't pull out a gun if I am not one hundred percent sure that I will use it if I have to.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnystone

Tell that to the people who died wishing they had one the last second.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

If you are only looking to use it as self defense/hunting when necessary. Then yes, get a gun. Many people have died because they didn't own any firearm to defend themselves with. Owning a gun should be required for everyone without psychotic tendencies. A gun can save more lives than hurt. I own 4 guns, I hope I never have to use them, but if anyone were to break into my home, I would be forced to.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Forgot to mention, if your only reasoning of getting a gun is what you posted. Then yes, still a good enough reason. Still get it, you never know what could happen, if an apocalypse were to happen, it would seriously blow if you had no firearm to defend yourself with. G'day.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I too am worried about the not so distant future, and am wondering the same thing. Should I get a gun? My family has never had guns, but with the way things look, it might be a good investment, as a security blanket sort of thing. I also could never kill anybody or anything for that matter, but for protection, I can't think of anything better. Especially if they try to take them away.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Timmerman421

I'm the first to own a gun in my family so I know exactly where your coming form. (not to mention I used to be strongly anti-firearm)

It's a fun hobby, but most of all if you plan to use it for defense, you MUST do your part by:

- Understand what your going to buy and why
- training appropriately and regularly (shooting under stress is miles different from shooting in a safe environment)
- Understand the laws that involve firearm ownership (both state and federal)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join