It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I get a gun?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If this post is in the wrong forum, the please Mods move it.

Ok, first I'd like to say that I wouldn't have the heart or guts to kill anyone. I'm not a killer but a smoker (don't judge me). I've been hearing lately about the laws and 2nd amendments and how it might get take our or something like that. You might ask why?
Here's why: we have come to a time where everything is chaos. The government itself doesn't approve people wanting or having guns but why? Especially why now? I think that a guy would protect my family and me against anything/something that might happen in the future. Maybe a Zombie Apocalypse might happen (don't laugh & I'm not crazy) There has been many reports of people "turning" into zombies for consuming/smoking Salt Bath. I think of the worlds population and many are junkies or morons who want to try it. Yes I know that they're still people but under the influence. What if a real Zombie Apocalypse happens?

I love reading Cracked.com
This was one of their posts:5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse can Occur

Not only that but something big might happen. There has to be a reason why this is all happening. Maybe not a Zombie Apocalypse but something. Another thing I've notice, is that the world is overpopulating. And as the years go by, the world is populating even more more! The government knows this. They want to kill a lot of people so then they can easily manipulate the rest of the world. They've been killing lots of people in other poor countries like Third World, the ones who the people don't give a crap about them. They're nothing especially to us. Many of us dont know what's happening in other countries. Put it like this, if we don't even the truth about what is happening in our own nation/country, then there's no way were gonna know what's happening out there.
Especially in these times. Now that the Olympics are happening, ALL, the majority if you might say, are all paying attention to them. They're to busy cheering their country or watching the events that they dont know or care what's happening outside.
I'm not saying this is True but just my opinion. Comments? Advice?
Thank you.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ExploitedAliens

After reading your first sentence I will say "no".

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Ok, first I'd like to say that I wouldn't have the heart or guts to kill anyone. I'm not a killer but a smoker (don't judge me). I've been hearing lately about the laws and 2nd amendments and how it might get take our or something like that. You might ask why?
Here's why: we have come to a time where everything is chaos. The government itself doesn't approve people wanting or having guns but why? Especially why now? I think that a guy would protect my family and me against anything/something that might happen in the future. Maybe a Zombie Apocalypse might happen (don't laugh & I'm not crazy) There has been many reports of people "turning" into zombies for consuming/smoking Salt Bath. I think of the worlds population and many are junkies or morons who want to try it. Yes I know that they're still people but under the influence. What if a real Zombie Apocalypse happens?

If it were up to me, based on this paragraph alone...no, you should not buy a gun.

Because you are sorely mis-informed and you don't seem to have the intelligence to decide when to and when not to use your future gun. Hell...you might shoot someone you think is a zombie.

Honestly...zombies.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Yes.
Yes you should.
I would advise you to.
It would be a VERY wise decision.
5th line.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If you can't use your gun to kill someone then don't even bother..

If I were able to have a gun, I would. And yes, to blow someones brains out who deserved it. Hopefully never.
But it's that cut and dry, gun is to kill.

FYI, zombie apocalypse is not a reason to own a gun.
Economic collapse, Civil war or revolution is more of a possibility from what i've come to notice and realize.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Never say you do not have the heart to kill anyone. Your heart has nothing to do with it. Self preservation trumps all discussion. If you do not like guns, no worries. Get a good pair of running shoes and work on your sprint speed

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I'm not a killer but a smoker (don't judge me

If this is true, you will never TRUTHFULLY pass the background check. And if you happen to get caught with said "smoke" (I assume your reffering to reefer?) you will be in BIG trouble. Be careful.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Ok, first I'd like to say that I wouldn't have the heart or guts to kill anyone.

If this is the first thing that crosses your mind when contemplating gun ownership then please do the world a favour and don't make the purchase...

edit on 1-8-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

If I were able to have a gun, I would. And yes, to blow someones brains out who deserved it. Hopefully never.

Economic collapse, Civil war or revolution is more of a possibility from what i've come to notice and realize.

You realize there are millions of gun owners that never killed anyone. (Maybe a few animals
)

Why is this a prerequisite?

Perhaps that's why you aren't able to have one?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I'm not saying this is True but just my opinion. Comments? Advice?

My opinion is,

Take a break from ATS for a while.

Go outside and do a little bit of trail walking or something. Enjoy nature for a while and clear your head. All of the end of the world and zombie talk is not doing you any good.

Then after the nice nature adventure,

Go out and get two or three guns. If I could i would.

I feel that everybody needs to express their right to own a firearm.

Even if it is only for weekend target shooting. No need to kill any zombies yet friend. The economy is still here so you could go purchase one if you really want one.

I would

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
While you may not have the heart of a killer someday a time may come when your life or someone you loves life is in danger and that may change. Gun or no gun you will try to do what is needed whether it is a gun or a knife or a cement block you will do what has to be done

On a side note a nice pump action 12 gauge wouldn't be the worst thing to own in times like these, ammo is cheap they are fun to shoot and its one of the best close range self defense tools you could own.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by yourmaker

You realize there are millions of gun owners that never killed anyone. (Maybe a few animals
)

Why is this a prerequisite?

Perhaps that's why you aren't able to have one?

I don't have the country-boy mindset.
I know what you meant, but the guy obviously has it in his mind his gun will be for people over animals.

I'm not able to have one cause i'm Canadian and really don't want to have to go through the process.
I could probably pass the criminal background check after an extensive interview no doubt.
I'm very openly rebellious so I doubt the government wants me to have a weapon, but I haven't tried.

I made it on a plane in 07 so i'm probably still a good citizen heh

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Only get a gun if you want to survive.
Getting a gun does not mean you want to kill.
Getting a gun means you want to live and protect those around you.
Don't worry about what you will or won't do until the situation arrives.
Hopefully it won't but it sure ain't looking good so far.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
No

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Lol. How can someone confuse a Zombie with a person?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
When someone breaks in your house, ties up your children and rapes your wife, your gonna think back to this thread and say, "damn I wish i bought a gun"

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExploitedAliens
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Lol. How can someone confuse a Zombie with a person?

Well...I can't...because I know what is fantasy and what is real.

But since you think Zombies are real....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Ok everyone I'm saying that I wouldn't kill without reason. If I had to then do shoot someone. Of course I'd shoot them in both legs or arms. Paralyzing them. Would be the best thing. But if it was necessary then of course. It's either kill or get killed in this situation.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

No wife & children. (: just me and my body as a weapon.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I don't think you should. You seem better off without it. Pick it up and you are fair game. At that point you have already decided to be a part of it in some way. I would stay true to who you are, If you might not be able to live the way you want because of what you might have to do with a gun in your hand, then why risk it, since at that point it is better to be defenceless but live that way you deem best.

here is this :
Never let your enemy decide for you. If enemies is what you feel you have, then protect yourself accordingly.

If he is a rival, compete when you can win, so as to both secure victory and crush his moral. Do not give him a stage to display to you ( the most important witness) his superiority.

If your enemy is a mortal enemy, fight to win and not to compete. Do not seek his witness of your victory, but let it be a surprise he can not fully appraise.

If your enemy is still within your blindness, place no action above observing. In all action place no risk above being within his blindness. What you do not see might destroy you or simply reveal you. When you are blind, first try to see.

do you really need a gun?
edit on 1-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join