It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Is The BlackPeopleMeet.com Commercials Racist?"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Why does it seem that the only complaints about racism seem to be complaining about "reverse racism"? I don't see any threads about "JDate" the jewish singles site? Plenty of racist people don't realize they are racist, it's obvious to everyone else though.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by strykr619

Originally posted by cetaphobic
People of color seriously can't have anything without white people acting entitled.

Oh stop, now your just sounding silly. If you can't see "white guilt" that has settled into the american mainstream then you are truly blind.

Minorities can get away with levels or racism then Caucasians WOULD GET CRUCIFIED FOR" in this day and age. Call some one black a "ni%$er" and see how people react. Now call someone white "honkey" or "cracker" and people will laugh.

well yes that example is a clear case of racism and a double standard. However whining about black people having their own dating site is just a case of someone trying to stir up controversy where none exists.Lol

Remember as well that the black population is very small while the white population is very big therefore it is easier for the latter to find and intermingle with their own kind if they so want to whereas this website can do a service to the black community as it can give a small group an easier means to interact with one another.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Whats racists about it...? They also have a christian singles site, and you dont hear atheists crying about it... Only racists people see this as racists. Make a whitepeoplemeet.com and see who gives a damn, i sure wont..

You're REALLY deluding yourself. Looking the other way when non-whites are blatantly racist doesn't make you not racist. It makes you a useful idiot.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
www.uniformdating.com for people who like Uniforms

www.gk2gk.com for people who are “Geeks” who want to date “Geeks”

www.muscledating.com some guys are into Muscley women, what are you going to do

www.bucupid.com speaks for itself

www.afroromance.com similar to this, just pronounces the interracial side more

www.asiandating.com again, self explanatory.

www.russiandating.org.uk for people who like Russians. I’m sure there’s some great Russian women out there

I mean, people have acquired tastes. If a guy (regardless of race) wants to date a black girl, or vice versa, why not have a site specifically tailored to that?

I can’t be the only person who doesn’t care about this? I think we want to find racism in these sorts of things, and anything that mentions white’s or black's is automatically thought of as racism before it’s thought of in a more general not-so-racist sense.

Surely we can all just get over ourselves, regardless of race, and look past racism, especially in such mundane unimportant things like this?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
OH MY GOD!

Black people aren't racist.

I thought at one time that some of them may be a little racist but I was wrong.

It was explained to me that they were merely expressing themselves.

The only racist people are white people.

How did you not know that?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

Read title jump post much?

That site allows all races to join.

That site is owned by a bigger site.

There already Christian/Muslim etc sites.

---------

OP has an agenda(whether he is aware of it or not) and now we have flocks of sheep, that don't bother reading the thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Whatever.

It's still a true statement.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Target marketing based on race. I'd say it's not racist because anyone can join but then I saw what the previous poster said ... what if it was a commercial for white people .. and I'd have to say the screams of 'racist' would come flowing forth ...

So I don't know.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I just did a Google search and this came up..WhitePeopleDating.com

anyone feel like flaming over this? i don't, People prefer their own race over others...lol
edit on 8/2/2012 by luciddream because: grammar error

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

See!

The racist bastards.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This is just a commercially motivated advertisement to target a specific intrest group, nothing more. I see nothing racially condeming in the adds so no, nothing racial here.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut
Why does it seem that the only complaints about racism seem to be complaining about "reverse racism"? I don't see any threads about "JDate" the jewish singles site? Plenty of racist people don't realize they are racist, it's obvious to everyone else though.

Jewish people arent a race........its a religion, you can be any color from anywhere and be jewish.......

Just saying.......

besides that.........as long as the black people continue this avenue of "self segregation" there will continue to be accusations of racism ......

You cannot seek to keep yourself a part from a certain group of people,seek out special progams FOR your race and then complain if you are treated different from another group of people

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Whether or not everyone agrees if it is racist, you'd have a hard time convincing me that if the word 'black' was substituted with 'white' the country wouldn't be outraged and the commercial wouldn't be forced off the air.
Makes me want to make that commercial and air it just to prove a point.

When people stop defining themselves with words like Black,white,indian,Doctor,Carpenter,Lawyer,Hispanic etc and start letting the quality of their character define them then commercials like this will be obsolete anyway.

"Do you have quality character"?
"Are you looking for someone who shares the same depth of Character as yourself".
"Join 'Character Match.com' today and find out what you've been missing"

But, 'till then, we have Blackpeoplemeet.com.
Black people everywhere should be insulted.
What am I saying?
Human beings should be insulted.

edit on 1-8-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

I would totally give you a bajillion stars for that comment if I could.

The proposed new site could be called Martinluthersdreamdate.com, where people are judged not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. I'm so SICK of racism; it's the ugliest and most ridiculous emotion mankind is saddled with. You want to know what I'm REALLY sick of? The fact that it is black preachers like Sharpton, Wright, Jackson, et al who keep perpetuating it. If there were no more racism, they'd be out of a job, so they keep on inventing it where none exists. Tawana Brawley anyone? (The kids may have to Google that.) George Zimmerman?

A friend of mine said years ago, "Human beings should just fu*# each other until everyone is the same color" and I totally agree with him. Unless we mentally evolve beyond having hateful, even murderous, disagreements over issues as petty as skin color, physical blending of our DNA may be our only hope.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by FlyersFan

I just did a Google search and this came up..WhitePeopleDating.com

anyone feel like flaming over this? i don't, People prefer their own race over others...lol
edit on 8/2/2012 by luciddream because: grammar error

Well that is a great find. I do not see black people getting bent out of shape about it. It seems to be the norm anywa - a bit like a dog biting a man. This really is not big deal. People will find and date eachother irregardless of social labels.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Murad

I agree, but he is about to be toppled from his ladder and his time as the annoited one is over. NEXT

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TTAA2012

I do not see what is wrong with any race wanting to be primarily associated with those of their type, they have more in common than those outside their racial make up. My problem is when people of any race or gender band together to degrade, or mistreat those of any race. Your idea of humping till we all look alike will never work, although we can hook up and get started and see what happens (lol). Races and cultures will always have their purists that want to keep their gene pool intact per se, what is wrong with this? Until human kind starts to act more civil nothing changes, regardless of color.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Shaiker

Then you should actually read the link before telling me to check my junk....

Now heres why threads like this pop up everyday on ATS. Because Obama wants it this way

LOL yeah, Obama makes anti-Obama people create threads on black dating sites.

edit on 2-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Realspoke whats the point of debating on a thread if your unwlling to compromise. You can not be right 100 percent of the time no one is.

In the end racsism is blind to skin color its sheer ignorance on both parts yes black people can be rascist as much as the next guy. However, until the true issue at hand is discussed it will never be resolved. Its not about if a marketing company targets black its because if the same marketing targetted whites it would be an uproar.

The problem is we dont extend our hands to each other and instead remain polarized. Why do whites call blacks rascist or vice versa? Its cause we as a society dont teach our children that cornering one race because of their skin color is wrong and we victimize ourselves from imaginary threats from the opposite race. Both sides do it it is the climate of America today. Stop being a Victim and start bettering yourselves, Stop yelling unfair and extend your hand. Its something fundamentally wrong when we see a race do something wrong and blame it on their skin color. Instead we should be ashamed that we are so polarized that thats the first thing we as a people notice. Instead we should be asking how our cultures festered the crime and seek to resolve it.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Jewish people arent a race........its a religion, you can be any color from anywhere and be jewish.......

Just saying.......

besides that.........as long as the black people continue this avenue of "self segregation" there will continue to be accusations of racism ......

You cannot seek to keep yourself a part from a certain group of people,seek out special progams FOR your race and then complain if you are treated different from another group of people

Come on man
How many Mexican Jews do you know? Chinese Jews? How about Black Jews minus Sammy Davis & those lost tribe idiots...lol

Being Jewish is like a nationality, in the eyes of the Orthodox, if your mom isn't a Jew... you can't be a Jew. I don't care what you read on the internet. I used to do a lot of work for Hasids , mostly in the second kitchen around the holidays. (My boss did most work exclusively "In the community") I've never EVER seen a Hasidic Jew that wasnt of european descent.

BTW I love how you say "The Black people" because of course ALL BLACK PEOPLE do the same thing, have no independent thought and consult each other by consensus before they make any decisions. Same as "The White people"

EXPOSED

Plenty of racist people don't realize they are racist, it's obvious to everyone else though.

edit on 4-8-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaiker

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Shaiker

Then you should actually read the link before telling me to check my junk....

Now heres why threads like this pop up everyday on ATS. Because Obama wants it this way

LOL yeah, Obama makes anti-Obama people create threads on black dating sites.

edit on 2-8-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Stop being a Victim and start bettering yourselves

Stop speaking to one black person as if that person is the representative of an entire race.

ster·e·o·type
1. A conventional, formulaic, and oversimplified conception, opinion, or image.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join