It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khamenei Warns Iran’s Top Leaders: WAR IN WEEKS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think this will not come has a surprise anymore
to all people that were telling "there will be no war"

Since 9/11 .. there has been so many wars
but not vs a strong force such has Syria, Iran, China and Russia

Even if this article is from debka .. they seems to have a lot of information all the time
even if they twist the truth in their own favor

Will there be war in the next weeks ?
with the situation that Syria is in now .. the sad answer is yes

On July 27, just before Friday prayers, Iran’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei summoned top Iranian military chiefs for what he called “their last war council.”
“We’ll be at war within weeks,” he told the gathering, debkafile’s exclusive Iranian and intelligence sources disclose.

Present were Defense Minister General Ahmad Vahidi, Khamenei’s military adviser General Yahya Rahim-Safavi, Armed Forces Chief Major General Seyed Hassan Firuzabadi, Revolutionary Guards Corps commander General Mohammad Ali Jafari and Al Qods Brigades chief General Qassem Soleimani. The commanders of the air force, the navy and ground forces were also there.

Each of the participants was tapped to report on the readiness of his branch or sector for shouldering its contingency mission.
While retaliation had been exhaustively drilled in regular military exercises in the past year, Khamenei ordered the biggest fortification project in Iran’s history to save its nuclear program from even the mightiest of America’s super-weapons.Rocks are being gathered from afar, piled on key nuclear installations, covered with many tons of poured concrete and finally plated with steel.
That same Friday, the US Air force unveiled its new Massive Ordnance Penetrators. Each bunker buster weighs 30,000 pounds and is able to penetrate 60 feet of reinforced concrete.
Turning to retaliation, the war council endorsed a battery of paybacks for potential US and/or Israeli pre-emptive strikes against its nuclear program. They would start by announcing enhanced uranium enrichment up to 60 percent - that is close to weapons grade.
Oft-tested ballistic missiles, Shehab-3, would be loosed against Israel, Saudi Arabia and American Middle East and Gulf military installations.

Hizballah in Lebanon and Hamas and Jihad Islami in Gaza stand ready to pitch in against Israel with attacks from the north and the southwest.

Saudi oil export terminals would be blown up and mines sown in the Strait of Hormuz to impede the export of one-fifth of the world’s oil.

Khamenei put before his war council a timeline of weeks for the coming conflict – September or October.

Debka Link

Iran has been upgrading with everything they got their nuclear installations
and they had time to secure all site and make many decoys
how many very deep tunnel they have ??
US or any Israel weapons cant destroy everyone of them
without destroying the entire country and suspected sites

again there is nothing to do with WMD
they need Syria and Iran before the 21 december
to make a one world force to fight the coming aliens

edit on 8/1/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Commentary from the Ayatollah has always been barbed with threats of war and the evils of the west. They said they would go to war in weeks, weeks ago, months ago, years ago. This is nothing new.

With the recent tensions in the area I can see how a comment like this make be taken with a bit more seriousness, but I would point out that this rhetoric is a broken record.

War will only break out when the West deems it necessary and when it wants to. Iran, regardless of how outspoken they are about it, do not want direct confrontation on their own soil.
edit on 1-8-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Commentary from the Ayatollah has always been barbed with threats of war and the evils of the west. They said they would go to war in weeks, weeks ago, months ago, years ago. This is nothing new.

With the recent tensions in the area I can see how a comment like this make be taken with a bit more seriousness, but I would point out that this rhetoric is a broken record.

War will only break out when the West deems it necessary and when it wants to. Iran, regardless of how outspoken they are about it, do not want direct confrontation on their own soil.

Well Assad was right

Assad warns of growing threat of Middle East war

Syrian President Bashar Assad said the chances of a regional war were "increasing," in comments published by several official media outlets Sunday.
"The real peace spectrum in the region is moving away and the prospects of war and confrontation are increasing," Assad said on the 65th anniversary of the establishment of the country's military

Amhadinejad to

Iran sets major exercise; Ahmadinejad sees war by November

On July 26, Alavi said the exercise would begin on July 31 in the Hamadan province. He said 43 aircraft would participate, including the U.S.-origin F-4, and F-5, the Chinese-origin F-6 and F-7 and the Russian-origin Su-24.
The air exercise was being prepared as Iran warned of a major U.S. military strike in the Middle East. On July 27, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Washington would attack at least two countries in the Middle East by November 2010.
They have decided to attack at least two countries in the region in the next three months,Ahmadinejad, who did not elaborate, told Iranian television.

They just had the timing wrong and they though their time would have come sooner
i could understand that after Saddam .. they knew all along they will have their turn one day

Gaddafi was right

Castro was right

So i think the Khamenei is unto something and know fully well Iran positions
preparing for the inevitable strikes from Israel with their biggest nuclear bombs (bunker busters)

edit on 8/1/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Anyone can make a general statement such as “War is near” when you observe the increase in tensions in the area, the movement of military equipment, etc but most of the speeches you have referenced from Assad and from the Ayatollah are just that, speeches. Words for public sessions of their governments and for the world at large.

Of course they are going to paint a dramatic picture when its to their public officials and the world media, however I would argue that the details of upcoming wars or engagements would be kept private in the backroom and not discussed publically. What has been publically said is to obtain public support of the nation and nations of similar composition and to paint the opposition as war mongering.

To conclude I would like to say that the beginning of wars are never so straight forward, they either happen spontaneously or have exact date and times of strikes. Since the increase tensions in the area, everyone has chimed in on potential war dates, everyone wrong, but we will soon see if and when this powder keg is set off.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Hello Ben, ATS Readers, Writers,

Hmmmm.. I am hoping it is the usual Debka fluff and puff, or as MDD says in the thread..

Not that the Ayatollah himself hasn't been known to "fluff and puff" a few things as well.. ahem..

To me, it is pretty darn obvious many forces are moving closer to war, and a serious confrontation.

My wife said she read something about ANOTHER US carrier battle group NAVAL BASE to be built in Perth?? Gotta look for it after this reply..lol dont quote me on that yet..

Yep its here on ATS even..!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This tells me they are getting ready to do some MAJOR projecting of power, and a much closer "response distance" should the South China Sea treaty dispute decides to flare up to boiling point..

Do I smell ANOTHER Aircraft carrier being built soon as well, and its support fleet to boot? China is going gung ho on its carrier(s) .. Another two or three front war..the third being ALASKA..you can smell it in the air coming.

To me both choices for prez are a no win situation, a repeat is a loser, and the new one Mister Mittster with the magic underwear, is only MORE of a pro-war dude IMHO. He and Bibi of Israel are BFF since way back..LONG ago when both were not all that publically known even..I think all of the LDS folks who will vote for him thinking he might be the man to fulfill an old LDS "mythology" of in the latter days a LDS man will serve as president when the Constitution hangs by a thread..

Unless things change SOMEHOW with the world leaders thoughts or plans of action, I figure the Syria and Iran thing will get HOT after ROmney is elected, and HOPEFULLY in the new year of 2013 sometime, (preferably NEVER).. that to me is the highest risk time I think..just my stinking 2 cents..lol..

Once again, this a "chess move" to show China something.. Testosterone spraying in the oceans down there soon?????? Ramming of a Chinese ship into a US ship?.....

Too many dang nutters are hollering for a major population reduction, and the war would be soooo convenient..

Hoping cooler heads prevail in all of this mess we have to live through courtesy of your world leaders and banksters.

Pravdaseeker..

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

While retaliation had been exhaustively drilled in regular military exercises in the past year, Khamenei ordered the biggest fortification project in Iran’s history to save its nuclear program from even the mightiest of America’s super-weapons.Rocks are being gathered from afar, piled on key nuclear installations, covered with many tons of poured concrete and finally plated with steel.

Meanwhile they still get hit with a virus that blared AC/DC.

If rhetoric comes out of the US/West it's proof positive they are evil warmongers. If rhetoric comes out of his big yap it's proof the US/West are evil warmongers.

I'm starting to see a pattern here.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Meanwhile they still get hit with a virus that blared AC/DC.

If rhetoric comes out of the US/West it's proof positive they are evil warmongers. If rhetoric comes out of his big yap it's proof the US/West are evil warmongers.

That is ironic…

What strikes me as STRANGE is all the fortification going into Iran’s “peaceful nuclear energy” program.

These guys must LOVE their energy program!

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Let me add more to this "patern"

Former Mossad Chief To Iranians: ‘Be Fearful Of The Next 12 Weeks’

Speculation that Israel and the United States may decide to launch an attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities have heightened after former Mossad chief Efraim Halevy told the New York Times, “If I were an Iranian, I would be very fearful of the next 12 weeks.”

The NY Times report speculates that the window of opportunity to strike is closing, partly because of Israel’s aversion to winter battles and partly because Benjamin Netanyahu fears that whoever wins the US presidential election, impetus will be lost.

“Mr. Netanyahu feels that he will have less leverage if President Obama is re-elected, and that if Mr. Romney were to win, the new president would be unlikely to want to take on a big military action early in his term,”

But one thing is clear: Israel won’t wait beyond 2012 or until after the US presidential election in November.

An Israeli attack on Iran is therefore to be expected at some time in the coming months.

If we read between the lines
they have confirmed an attack on Iran for August or September or October
the windows is inside those 3 months
now we got this former mossad who say 12 weeks who confirms that

12 weeks = 3 months

Any one would advance a precise week ?

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
There is no need for ANY war. So, why is Iran preparing for one?

All Iran leaders need to do is simply come to the negotiating table, sort out the level and degree of nuclear energy they want, and allow IAEA inspectors FREE ABSOLUTE access to all records and sites of nuke activities, something every nation on earth allows, as nuke safety is a major concern to the war, nothing to do with sovereignity issues.

The Iran leader had not complied,refused to do so, and even challenged the Free world to use economic sanctions on Iran, horridly putting their own citizens to economic suffering for leaders' belligerance.

And now, they want war? Why? Have they truly had nuke bombs made and are afraid of being found out?

Let us all pause and find the truth, before we mankind are manipulated into a war. Only the truth will set us free. None wants war.

Iran's State ideology and official religion is Shiaism, a contentious branch of Islam since its founding when the cultured and heritage rich but barbaric Persia was invaded by the good Prophet Muhammad forces, and forced to convert to Islam by the Sunnis, a religion of civilisational progress and peace from the barbaric period that ruled the Middle East then in the 7th Century.

Since then, the Shias and the Sunni leaders had fought for supremacy for generations and centuries even till today.

Shias are still only a minority amongst the Sunnis. The Shias are surrounded by their mortal enemies - the Sunnis, akin to the same situation that the jews found themselves.

The Shia leaders then started a gameplan:- to deflect the hatred by Sunnis into others.

1. Acclaim themselves into the Sunni muslim majority, stir up continued hatred to the jews and to any nation that protects the jews such as USA, Europe, etc.

2. Fund terrorist organistions, first on those who hate jews such as the uneducated foolish palestinian radicals, to serve Iran's agenda on deflection of hatred. Keep them supplied with weapons, even pay a few coins for those suicide bombers or dead, but to NEVER fund social expenditure such as education, health, infrastructure, etc, to keep the naive palestinians forever stupid, in poverty and dependent on handouts from Iran, so that the palestinian Sunnis will have no chance to rise up against the hand that fed them and kept them stupid.

3. Destabalize every Middle Eastern State, and even to every muslim country around the world, by insidiously funding the extremists to create problems for the Sunni mandated leaders, to keep them on their toes, focussed on internal problem and threats of Israel, so that they may not remember to hate Shias.

4. While muslim brothers are whipped up to hate and fight jewish brothers and all fellow human brothers, the Persian apostate leader hopes to build up its nuke capabilities and military might, and when that's achieve, it will seek to realize its ambition to gain supremacy of not only Islam, but over the world. Nukes are potent weapons. That persian infidel apostate had seen how North Korea weld it successfully for decades, often getting what it wants without even firing a shot, and capable to shoot if need be, a role model to follow.

This is the gameplan of the senile soon to die apostate infidel persian leader, whom cares only about his own personal glory and theological fallacies, and NOT for the Shia faith, Shias, or the Iranian People.

Majority of humanity - common masses - Sunnis, Shias, Jews, Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, etc and even Atheists ( humans whom have yet to know our common Creator with their free will) have no wish nor DESIRE for war. We are all only one human race, with common aspirations that binds us all despite our differences, fully achievable if we use those common goals to progress and evolve our current stage of civilisation.

In this modern largely educated age of logic and reason, we can share, discuss, debate and find solutions peacefully regardless the topics, such as religion, economics, political doctrines, etc, etc, attributes for progress and santification of ALL human life. We had evolved out of the jungle and jungle laws.

Only barbaric beasts refuse to evolve, to hold back progress through autocratic intimidation, might and fear. And sadly, such beasts still exist today, but fortunately, becoming rare and soon to extinct.

Once we know and can feel the truth, we know what we must do, to protect our loved ones, regardless if Shia, Sunni, jew, christians, etc. It is only monsters who wants war and domination, a senile persian old mad man and his bunch of degenerates with an oppressive army. They stand in the way for peace, progress and evolution of mankind today.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I am wondering why I do not hear such news in Iran !

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

the leader in Iran has a share in foreign policy. so I quote some of his statements.

"""Elections are the symbol of the Islamic movement in our country. Elections are the gift of Islam to our country. Our magnanimous Imam Khomeini taught us the principles of elections-based Islamic government. An image of the Islamic Revolution as hereditary rule had been created in the minds of the world.They thought of the Islamic Revolution as a government similar to the Umayyad and Abbasid dynasties or as one similar to the Ottoman Turks` rule: someone with the name and look of a caliph, but with the inner qualities and practices of Pharaohs and dictators, someone who by himself introduces his successor to be crowned as king after his death."""
english.khamenei.ir...

"""Ever since early Islam, when caliphate was transformed into monarchy in the Muslim world, there has never existed a government which ruled on the basis of Islamic sharia. Even the Ottoman Caliphate which carried the title of caliphate was a monarchy. There were many Muslims who supported the Ottoman Caliphate because it carried the title "caliphate". This means that their rule was not rooted in sharia. None of those governments ruled on the basis of sharia, but today there is such a government in our country. """"
english.khamenei.ir...

"""Moreover, we people speak about Islamic tendencies in Egypt, Tunisia or Libya, what we mean is Prophet Muhammad’s (s.w.a.) Islam, the kind of Islam brought about security and divine blessings for all people in Medina, including Christians and Jews. When we speak about Islam, it does not mean we are calling on worshippers from different faiths to fight each other, it does not mean we are calling on Muslims to engage in sectarian confrontations. What we mean is the Egypt of the Forum for Proximity of Islamic Denominations, the Egypt of Sheikh Shaltut."""
english.khamenei.ir...

""""The solution of the Islamic Republic to the issue of Palestine and this old wound is a clear and logical proposal that is based on political wisdom accepted by global public opinion and it has been presented in detail previously. We neither propose a classical war with the armies of Islamic countries, nor do we propose throwing Jewish immigrants into the sea or intervention of the United Nations and other international organizations. We propose a referendum among the Palestinian people. Just like any other nation, the Palestinian nation has the right to determine its own destiny and to elect its own government. All the original people of Palestine - including Muslims, Christians and Jews and not foreign immigrants - should take part in a general and orderly referendum and determine the future government of Palestine whether they live inside Palestine or in camps or in any other place. The government that is established after the referendum will determine the destiny of non-Palestinian immigrants who migrated to Palestine in the past. This is a fair and logical proposal which global public opinion understands and it can receive support from independent nations and governments.""""
english.khamenei.ir...

He stressed: “The Iranian nation has never been after nuclear weapons and it will never go after such weapons. The Iranian nation will prove to the world that nuclear weapons do not bring about power. The people can shatter the kind of power that is based on nuclear weapons by relying on their talents and their human and natural capacities.”
english.khamenei.ir...

"""They already know this. I do not have any doubts that in the countries that are opposed to us, the organizations in charge of decision-making are fully aware that we are not after nuclear weapons. Nuclear weapons are not at all beneficial to us."""
english.khamenei.ir...

moreover when I search about Jihad in that site I just see "economic Jihad", "scientific Jihad", and some about defensive wars in Lebanon and Iran.
I think you should find more reliable news sources.

edit on 2-8-2012 by maes9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
There is no need for ANY war. So, why is Iran preparing for one?

None wants war

Seems more like Iran is preparing to defend themselves, and the US and Israel are preparing for war.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

You don't consider crippling economic sanctions an act of war? I'm starting to see a pattern here, too.

seabag, if taking up defensive measures in response to repeated threats from two nations, along with assassinations on scientists involved in a program they're legally allowed to partake in is strange to you, I'm afraid to ask what you might think is considered normal.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I would be scared if I were Iran...... The US Presidential election gives Israel so much leverage with timing that if they decide to unilaterally attack, it will be before the election. The US will be forced to join in, if not actively participate in the initial strike. I hate to say it, but it's pretty much a done deal. Syria will be even more defanged in the next couple weeks and Iran will be in between a rock and hard place.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Why on earth Iran hasn't come to Syria's aid is beyond me..these two have signed a defense treaty!..clearly the west involvement in Syria is primarily to weaken , isolate and reveal the impotence of Iran
Imo they are sitting ducks after Syria..

edit on 2-8-2012 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Why on earth Iran hasn't come to Syria's aid is beyond me..these two have signed a defense treaty!..clearly the west involvement in Syria is primarily to weaken and isolate Iran
It supposedly sent some revolutionary guards, but it has no way of really getting major military aid there. They have no major military sea or airlift capacity to speak of and there are no land routes for them to take. There is a strategy going on here..... picking off all the outside pieces before hand. It's too bad we didn't really support the pro democracy forces in Iran when they stood up to the regime.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Iran could route jihadists or specialists through Kurdish South Turkey and Northern Iraq..
travel.nationalgeographic.com...
i agree with you tho..very limited and unsupported both air and land options

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
Iran could route jihadists or specialists through Kurdish South Turkey and Northern Iraq..
travel.nationalgeographic.com...
i agree with you tho..very limited and unsupported both air and land options

but what I see is that the arabs that are alleies of US are routing them from Libyia and elsewhere, Jihadism is not related to Iran but Saudi Arabia.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81Any one would advance a precise week ?

New moon, 08/17, shortly before the end of the ramadan season would be a fitting date.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Indeed yes. Looks as if we have a consensus of opinion!

I am so glad you can see that pattern.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join