It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese rubbish collector who saved and raised THIRTY babies abandoned at the roadside

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Stiglitz

Thank you for posting this article. This beautiful and selfless Soul is truly amazing. As I read the attached reference tears just fell out of my eyes. I feel there is hope and this beautiful woman should be a household name and on every headline on every newspaper on the planet - as an example of inspiration. She is inspiring me.

The little boy at her hospital bed has his hand on top of hers and he is looking at her with so much adoration and love I can hardly pull my eyes away from the photograph. The black and white photograph is very poignant and sums it all up in one image - the dirty little hand symbolising the filth in which they were dumped and her beautiful face staring down at her new found joy.

What a truly inspirational story - when you actually open your heart to what she truly represents - just do the right thing no matter what evil surrounds you - do whatever you can with whatever you have.

Awesome.

Much Peace...to all abandoned Children everywhere...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
If you get the chance, read The Diamond Age: Or, A Young Lady's Illustrated Primer - great book, and pertinent to this thread.

Of course, if you haven't read Neal Stephenson's other works, I'd also recommend Snow Crash. Guy has vision about future corporate America, and how it is no longer run by a government, but solely by corporations, each with their own territory.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The Media, esp daily mail is quick to criticize and demonize China, Seems china's growing economic strength is not liked much by the western elite. You wont see this story on the headlines anytime soon
edit on 083131p://7America/ChicagoTue, 31 Jul 2012 20:42:48 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
ATS needs more stories like this.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I was abandoned by my parents when I was 6months old.
Probably the best thing that ever happened for me, although obviously it was difficult to overcome the built in "issues" that would cause.

My grandparents raised me and they were really good people and taught me all kinds of things, and were very good to me. So I am happy with what happened because it worked out best for me.

Sadly I cannot say that for many abandoned children out there who aren't lucky enough to have family who will take them in.

Yes being abandoned by the one person you are supposed to be able to trust and love can scar you emotionally and mentally in unbelievably deep ways. It facilitated me becoming very angry about it.
However, overcoming that anger made me a much better person I believe.

What our society really needs is a return to basic values. That is what we are missing after all.

Let's keep the government out of this one, and fix ourselves by searching our hearts.
The govt is even more heartless than a mother who abandons a child, and they have already abandoned us as a people and sold us out to the highest bidder.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
She's beautiful. A real shame the world is losing her. (made me cry, make sure to check the article link, lots of pics of her).

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Can 1 good deed outweigh 30 evil deeds? If she hadn't found those babies they would have died in graves made of trash, unloved and unwanted. I don't understand how people could do such things, and it's why i'm hermitish at times.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Can 1 good deed outweigh 30 evil deeds? If she hadn't found those babies they would have died in graves made of trash, unloved and unwanted. I don't understand how people could do such things, and it's why i'm hermitish at times.

I will explain one of the reasons why, although there are others.

Selfishness.
Only care about themselves, no one else.

Sad but true.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Who will replace her?

So sad.

Look in the mirror.

That's who.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Bless her..we need more people like her in this world what a wonderful inspiration this lady is..I hope she lives the rest of her life without suffering there will be a special place in heaven for this special lady ..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well, if you live in America, you can always resort to Facebook updates. There surely must be some moral equivalency there, right? I mean, that is activism, isn't it? Didn't it stop Kony, or something like that?

And if you live in China, you can be an activist by standing in front of a tank, or just saying screw it and raising 30 abandoned babies by yourself.

Say what you want about China, their crappy merchandise, or their unsual customs. You can't say that they don't have conviction, at least some of the time.

But then again, so do us westerners. I mean look at us here, in this thread. We are having conviction. Maybe we can stop Kony (again).

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Who will replace her?

So sad.

Look in the mirror.

That's who.

Now THAT was a good answer.

So true, so short and works on many levels.

This story does go to show though that people really are the same the world over. We all have the same faults, shortcomings, good qualities, cares and concerns.

She's a good woman and we need more like her.

youtu.be...

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Op, thanks for making us aware of her story. She's a true Angel. She inspires me....

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Maybe publicizing this story will take some of the pressure out of the "one child" policy. This wonderful woman had thirty children. Many who are paying bribes and flouting the law in China and running into trouble with the police could have more than one child too, if they were willing to adopt or to take in an orphan.

This great lady will be in heaven with her husband before she knows she has left earth.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
When I read this, I do not see the one child policy as blatantly as i see the parents of these children at fault for abandoning them in the first place all for a place in cultural standing instead of seeing a beautiful child that they should love no matter what.

It breaks me tiny little black heart to see any race of people shun children in such a manner because culture and politics dictates it so. Children are true innocents to the evils that adults are responsible for. This woman should be made a saint and praised globally for her selfless act of love.

The world needs more like her...and we can all learn more about ourselves because of her.

Children deserve a chance.....and that unfortunatly is the limit of my scope on humanity.

Adults should be ashamed of themselves....no matter the reasoning behind their views for allowing such to take place.

Children are love

edit on 1-8-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Chinese rubbish collector who saved and raised THIRTY babies abandoned at the roadside

Lou Xiaoying, now 88 and suffering from kidney failure, found and raised more than 30 abandoned Chinese babies from the streets of Jinhua, in the eastern Zhejiang province where she managed to make a living by recycling rubbish.

She and her late husband Li Zin, who died 17 years ago, kept four of the children and passed the others onto friends and family to start new lives.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

mmmmm im confused

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
What a kind soul. Unfortunately, The cruel ones outnumber the good.

The solution to the problem is that all evil must be brutally eradicated from this World. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Nice to see the humane of a country with so much disregard for humanity, for a change.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
What I don't understand is who wouldn't do what she did? If I found a baby abandoned by a dumpster you bet your butt I'd bring that baby home and raise it as my own. As a mother of four the very idea of not doing that is abhorrent to me. Do people there seriously just set a baby by the dumpster and walk away? How can another human do such an awful thing? I just don't understand and maybe that's a good thing.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Who will replace her?

So sad.

Look in the mirror.

That's who.

Or also: look in the mirror and see who is looking back, willing to sacrifice and willing to help, unconditionally. God forbid it would be somebody wealthy!

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness
This should raise my faith in humanity but it doesn't. *Sigh*

If this doesn't raise your faith in humanity then nothing will. This woman and her husband were/are the basis of humanity, the un-rich, without greed or evil on their minds or in their hearts. Although they might be under the radar, there are many like them, a big part of "humanity", they are mostly the unnoticed ones.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join