It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

... Riddle me that!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by adjensen

Emperor Constantine made The Bible, before this, there were just many different texts about Jesus. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, were writing that were not altogether, and people even had The Gospel of Thomas, but then they made The Bible and burned The Gnostic Texts and even killed Gnostic Christians for not believing in The Bible put together by Constantine.

He said that since he couldn't conquer with the sword, he'll do so with the cross. Rome wanted to rule the world and they needed to unify the religions, this is why The Bible has so many things in common with pagan religions, such as Jesus turning water to wine like The God Dionysus. Christianity was The New Age religion, and Rome was in control of The NWO.

Can you offer proof aside from a conspiracy theory? You do realize exactly what the other poster said about this being a fabrication put into a book by Dan Brown is what you are still holding to.

Let's get some things understood about the Holy Grail legend in which is the basis for The DaVinci Code. The legend stated that the Knights Templar were searching for the grail, but that legend is based in the King Arthur stories, that is where the legend began. There is no direct evidence of a King Arthur or his knights of the Round Table. The legend originally stated that it was the cup which Christ drank from at the Last Supper. However, and this must be stated, the Bible does not even say Jesus drank from that cup, so strike one against the legend. The second strike is this, the Bible does not say what the cup was made from. Strike three, it was a seder meal and no mention of Judaism is in the legend.

The belief that the grail was the womb of Mary Magdalene and the Royal bloodline is a modern myth. Dan Brown borrowed that from another writer. But this is what happens, because someone proposes a conspiracy theory, people invariably believe it regardless of historical truth.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Well, the Davinci code was an entertaining story to say the least.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

That holy grail crap is idolatry. The belief that objects have mystical powers is a load of malarky. The whole grail thing was invented by the people who created the King Arthur story like Sir Thomas Mallory and Geoffrey of Monmouth. That stuff is fairytales.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Yet you have no real issues with a talking snake?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

No, not really. I don't focus on snakes, nasty creatures unless it's a king snake.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Well, the Davinci code was an entertaining story to say the least.

Ugh. I don't know whether it was the horrible misrepresentation of history or the terrible writing, but I'd sure like a refund of the hours that I wasted reading it

I have two sisters, whom I love very much, but who read and relish every piece of popular tripe that America's publishing industry churns out, and, after listening to them fawn over the most recent Steven King novel, or whatever, routinely have to suppress the urge to grab a copy of Homer or Updike or Heinlein or whatever is handy, club them over the head with it and say "See? That's how you construct a sentence! That's how you create a plot point!"

I'm not popular at family functions, lol.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

The talking snake is mind/thought. Humans talk, they use symbols to interpret the world, to create a 'world'.
The 'world' is created by believing the thoughts and ideas we have of it. The 'world' is no more than a bunch of ideas you have collected along the way, the talking snake has made you believe all sorts of things.
If you had no words telling you about things you have not seen or experienced you would just experience what is happening presently. Words steal you away from what is real. The talking snake.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join