... Riddle me that!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by WarminIndy

But the reason they wrote the new testament was to start the catholic church. They plagiarized the truth then twisted it in order to keep its followers ignorant, all for a buck.

The catholic church and christianity were created for the sole purpose of making its leaders rich and powerful.
edit on 30-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

The reason "they" wrote the New Testament was to start the Catholic church??? All, every, writer of the New Testament were Jewish and never lost their Jewish identity. When you start looking at the New Testament outside of the Jewish context you miss out on a lot of meaning. Who twisted the books? Can you prove who it was that did this?

True Christianity does not embrace wealth and power of the world. Those who did that were not true Christians. That has happened in every religion. There are many Christians in AboveTopSecret who can tell you that on our minds, wealth and power is not a part of our Christianity. Those who seek wealth and power are not Christian, they are just hiding behind a title they don't believe in.

I think you should be investing time into looking into how all religions have people who seek wealth and power.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The whole of Christ's teachings was to love one another. How can this not correctly answer the question asked in the OP. Your view of the Church is very, very close, but still wrong. That's ok, you should clarify that on your own by studying on your own. Nobody is asking you to take their word for it, and nobody is trying to convert you.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Oh I'm sorry.... in my opinion. Does that make you feel better?

Look at the pope, he gets pampered day and night and gets to have whatever he likes and is admired and loved. All while many of his followers are poverty stricken and going hungry, all while praising the false god that he represents.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Oh gotcha.

Well, his teachings of loving your neighbor as you love yourself is the way. His messages of love is the way to heaven. If everyone loved one another as they loved themselves, there would be no greed or manipulation or war.

If we loved our mother Earth the way we should, there would be no destruction or pollution. The Earth would be as nature intended.

The only problem is, we do not love one another, we are only worried about ourselves and our financial situations. We don't love mother Earth the way we should because we think there is perfection waiting after this life. Religion only adds to these problems because it creates division and hate and convinces people that Earth cannot be heaven, when it really could, if only we loved.

Love is the way, not a man who lived 2,000 years ago. What Jesus taught is what matters. What he taught, not what he was, and what he taught was to LOVE.

You forget always the first part of that verse...we are to love God first with all our hearts, minds, souls and strength and then love our neighbor as ourselves. There simply is no way to love our neighbors without loving God first.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I studied it and believed it for 22 years of my life.
Don't assume to know who I am or what path I have walked in order to come to my conclusion because you are dead wrong my friend.

Apparently I can't give my opinion without people jumping down my throat about it. Gees, lighten up, you're the one acting as though I am trying to convert YOU.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I love nature just as I love you, so I do love god.

ETA: I mentioned Earth did I not? Earth is part of nature, and since nature is god, then Earth is a piece of god, just as you and I are. If I love you and love Earth then I love god.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I am not upset one bit by your comments. I just feel that someone has misled you. Martin Luther upon riding into Rome, saw a painting of the Pope being carried my other men, dressed in fine garments and jewelry. The picture right beside it was Christ riding into Jerusalem on a donkey. Martin Luther broke away from the Church at that point, because he could see the same thing that you do. This began the Protestant religions (those not of the Catholic persuatsion). It is a wonderful story that I am sure you will enjoy. It is one of the rare instances where man stood up against the Church. The word Miscreant in my username means unbeliever or heretic. This is because I follow no man of this world and no teaching that they pass down that does not fit Scripture. I follow what Christ is recorded to have said, because I know in my heart that it is the truth. Do I believe that Jesus was God? No, I don't. The Bible says God is a Spirit, not a man. This in itself will cause problems with some Christians, but that is my belief.

All of our perceptions of these things will be different. God expects that. He expects us though to seek the truth, and love our neighbors, Catholic, Jew, Muslim or whatever. Anything less than that is a lie...
edit on 7/30/2012 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Well then, it seems as though you and me are on the same wavelength after all. I 100% believe the underlying message that Jesus spread, but as I said, those that edited the bible twisted the words to fit their agenda.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I'm not asking you to believe me. I'm asking you to not give up on Jesus because of what men do. That's all. In the end, it is up to you. Friends?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Excuse me, I meant edit, not write. Those who edited the bible twisted its meaning then formed the catholic church based on the edits they put into the bible hen profited off of it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I believe in the teachings, not in the man. Christianity teaches us that to get to heaven you must believe in the biblical Jesus. That is false in my opinion because we are already in heaven.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

I am not here to change your opinion about these things. My concern is that you will do the deciding yourself, after having searched yourself; not by listening to others or the "Church". I feel that you listen to your heart instead, and my concerns are quieted. Thank you for allowing me to discuss this with you. I always have deep respect for one who tells it like it is, no holds barred...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Excuse me, I meant edit, not write. Those who edited the bible twisted its meaning then formed the catholic church based on the edits they put into the bible hen profited off of it.

If you read the Old Testament that is in the Bible, it is exactly the same words and meanings as the Torah. The writers of the New Testament were Jewish, so the question becomes this "Why only change one part?"

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

To create division probably. With division comes hate, with hate comes war, and with war comes profit for the few that are in power.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Which came first? The New Testament? Or the Church?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

The church. Just because the church existed before the new testament does not mean the church was not corrupt to begin with.

Stop being obtuse, you know exactly what I was getting at.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

To create division probably. With division comes hate, with hate comes war, and with war comes profit for the few that are in power.

Probably is an assumption. Hate is what causes division. Hate does cause war, but let me ask this...if the common people are not gaining anything in war, then why do they fight? Wars cannot be fought without soldiers, so if the soldiers are not gaining wealth and power, then why do they fight?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

reply to post by adjensen

The church. Just because the church existed before the new testament does not mean the church was not corrupt to begin with.

Again, you have to show something to support that.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Because they were told that their god commanded and willed it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Sorry if I can't pull up a note written by the men who founded the church that admits they were corrupt.

Keep living in the illusion that religion is here to help others though, it's no skin off my back.

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum