It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

... Riddle me that!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Abraham believed God, and became the first Jew. Not because of bloodline nor righteousness; because of Faith.
His Faith was imputed (counted) as righteousness. Generations passed and the faith passed away with it. God sent Jesus to save the Jews (those who believe in God). Jesus gave them the truth about faith, and they rejected it. Jesus offered the truth to all who would accept it. There are those who say they are Jews and are not, for they are liars. There are those who say they are Christians and are not, for they are liars.

The whole deal rides on faith. If you believe God's word, which liars have preserved for their own ends, and believe that Jesus came to shed light on this "faith" thing; then all is well. Faith that his teaching of love is what saves; love others and you have fulfilled the law. Call these liars out if you need to, for they also need to be saved. Not from God, but from themselves. There is no love in these people.

Listen to your heart. God is there always. Love your neighbor as you love yourself, and you are closer to the truth than any of those Jews or Christians who proclaim one thing, and do another. You don't have to call yourself Christian or Jew, or Sane or Crazy, or any of man's labels. Man's labels are for man's purposes. Love your neighbor as yourself, and you have fulfilled the law. It's simpler than religion would have you think...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This will be my last post within this thread, I do not want to be the reason that this thread gets derailed.

Apparently what I say threatens peoples beliefs enough to where they have to resort to attacking me and arguing semantics so I will kindly remove myself.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by adjensen

The church. Just because the church existed before the new testament does not mean the church was not corrupt to begin with.

Stop being obtuse, you know exactly what I was getting at.

No, I have no clue what you're "getting at" -- you said that the church wrote the Bible, then you said they just edited it and based their church on it, but now you agree that the church existed before the New Testament was written, so how could they base the church on something that didn't exist yet?

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'm sorry if I gave that impression my friend. Forgive me. I care about you as I care about myself, and I too have been misled. I don't want to see that happen to my friends...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to others. Me and you are cool.

Refer to the post by adjensen to figure out who I'm talking about. He's the worlds worst at it.

edit on 30-7-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

The bible was being edited for hundreds of years after the new testament was written, so in a sense, the church did write the bible that we have today. If that's not a good enough explanation for you then nothing will be.

Last post for real this time.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to others. Me and you are cool.

Refer to the post by adjensen to figure out who I'm talking about. He's the worlds worst at it.

World's worst? No, I'm pretty good at recognizing nonsense and calling people on it.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Ok, I'm game, fire your best shot Mister (Miss)....

I believe I have answered the OP's question; what are your answers my friend???

edit on 7/30/2012 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

Make them good because this will be here forever, and all the world is privy to them. Don't be intimidated, that is not my intention. I simply mean to defend my own answers until proven wrong. let me warn you though, this will be difficult, because I am relentless when it comes to my faith in God.
edit on 7/30/2012 by visualmiscreant because: clarified intent

edit on 7/30/2012 by visualmiscreant because: corrected typo

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by visualmiscreant

Ok, I'm game, fire your best shot Mister (Miss)....

I believe I have answered the OP's question; what are your answers my friend??

Actually, I couldn't make any sense of the pictures and the rhyming made me skip the majority of the text, so I have no idea of what he's asking

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Cool. His question. at least to my understanding was what did Jesus mean when He said " I am the truth, the life and the way."? I quoted his question wrong in my answer using light instead of life. For this I apologize.

My answer however was that Jesus told us to love one another as He has loved us.

This may not be the answer. It is only my opinion of such. Do you have a better answer to the OP's question?
I will respect it if you can support it. I just don't want people to be misled by mainstream religion, which in my opinion is misled itself.

If you are here however to attack Christianity in general, then perhaps that would be deserving of another thread.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Cool. His question. at least to my understanding was what did Jesus mean when He said " I am the truth, the life and the way."?

If that's the question, it's pretty self-evident, wouldn't you say?

If you are here however to attack Christianity in general, then perhaps that would be deserving of another thread.

Me, attack Christianity? No, not likely

edit on 30-7-2012 by adjensen because: oopsies

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I'm not here to attack you or your beliefs. I'm here to debate answers to the OP's question. Please take your time...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

None of us are christians, by faith in Jesus we were purchased by his blood into the House of Israel. We are jews. We cease to be gentiles when we come to Christ. Gentiles are the pagan peoples. The word "christian" is just a word representing those who believe in Jesus, but technically we are messianic jews.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

My last reply is irrelevant then. I pray that you will find your own answers and not depend on the answers of those who call themselves Christian and are not.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Agreed, but most of the Christian faith does not realize this. Abraham believed God and became the first Jew...

Not by bloodline, not by righteousness, but by faith...

Thank you lonewolf for that...

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Agreed, but most of the Christian faith does not realize this. Abraham believed God and became the first Jew...

Not by bloodline, not by righteousness, but by faith...

Thank you lonewolf for that...

Most people do not stop and think that Jesus didn't come to make a new religion and replace Israel. Replacement theory is clearly a lie because the "Cultivated Olive Tree with the Wild Olive Branches grafted in" debunks replacement theory and Paul did too.
edit on 30-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

My friend, your posts are a joy to read! You have so much love for the truth.

On topic (just in case the mods aren't asleep)

So, have we collectively answered the question, or are there any more cool answers???

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Ive said it in past post.

I left a church based on the behavior shown in those pictures.

There is a church ministry Called "black Sheep" Started in this area, in order to be involved you HAVE to have a Harley Davidson.

Never mind the fact that each Harley had more chrome on it and mods on them...

Well When I question how following Christ involved a 15k toy, well I was ostracized in the "mens" group after that.

Guess my Questions convicted them a little too much...

The narrow path tends not to have million dollar homes, classic cars, and 15k in toys..
edit on 30-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

Has nothing to do with following Christ.
Just a motocycle gang for Men and Women of Christ, stupid!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Religion is just a mask for how people try desperately lie to themselves about the validity of their own existence and purpose in life.

The truth is is that nobody understands a damn tiny percentage about the blueprints of reality and the method of it's creation.

People manufacture some sense of faith in an omnicient and all powerful creator in order to secure their existence in eternity. It is a sense of fear that no one will admit to.
"True Faith" is most of the time born out of desperation, and usually goes hand in hand with mortality.

I cannot be religious simply because I refuse to lie to myself, and profess to know without a shadow of doubt that I know the secrets of creation or what .happens to us after we die.

Religion is weak, and is a clouded form of thinking that is a plague on human conciuosness.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think the answer to this is Flamingo....

You touch a pink needle on yonder hill
Eat a cake and the truth will spill
They barged their way into my armpits lair
The man with the tubular nose was there

But who is shorter and who is the king
I am a French prayer mat on the verge of dispair
I touched the verge, I stamped on the plough
The ever crooning space man was ready to go

Can you eat a blue whale
Can you feast on your toes
Look over the fence top and blow up your cows
I'll never look back cus I'm dipped in blancmange