It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maybe we are not as far along as we think.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I do not start a lot of topics so I hope I have placed this in the right forum. I felt a very strong need to get this off my chest tonight and I thank all of those who read this tonight regardless if you agree or not.

I am not a news junky but I do like to catch the news about once a day. I also try and hit ATS once a day too, just to round out the search. I guess it may have always been there, are maybe it is because I am a little older now. But without fail, everyday, every source, and just about every other story is a horrible act someone has committed. It seems like we are not making any progress. Just doomed to destory each other.

But to me the most telling part of it is the fact we always find something to blame. " Well, thats how their culture is. " or "To many guns out there" and my personal favorite " He may have a psychiatric problem. " Well he just shot up a public place and killed people that he never met. ------YES he has a problem.------ I agree he is crazy.
But does it really matter? The guy in the news tonight who shot his two kids and then himself. Well he was going through a divorce and they think he was depressed. " Welcome to the real world." Been there, done that. Didn't off no one in the process.

Is it possible that we as a species are not as far along as we think ? Could we still be a lot closer to animals than we like to think ? Are is it possible that no matter how much we try to explain it, and justify it, That some people in this world are just evil. Maybe there are those among us that just will never be willing to accept the rules of a civil society.

What does ATS think? Thanks for the listen tonight.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
We are animals. Smart animals with opposable thumbs that can build tools and communicate exceptionally well.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by David134

I like your rant. I agree, some people are just plain evil. So many of them, they even have a category and name.

Sociopaths. No empathy POS's who have zero regard for anything but themselves. But, I think the good, rational people, still have the upper hand....so far. It does seem as if the race is getting tighter though. Or, maybe due to social media we are more aware of the evil ones.

Des

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Well, to a degree I agree with you.

However, the news rarely reports good news, except for rescued infants and/or animals. Headlines about bringing soup to neighbors doesn't sell papers/captivate audiences. We are a race who live vicariously through other's pain. Look at any best-selling book or movie... rife with conflict.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Yes there are plenty of evil folks who make the news.
Most of the good people who make a difference don't though...

The dads who kept the electricity on today went unacknowledged.

The moms who fed their children good food went unacknowledged.

The teachers who finally "got to" a child/teen today & made a difference went unacknowledged.

The supervisor at the plant who prevented a disaster went unacknowledged.

The direct care worker who prevented a handicapped bathing death, unacknowledged.

I can go on all day about all the good intentions and actions that saved lives and prevented disasters today... but the world only seems to care about what went wrong today.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
there are two different kinds of killers.

One type is somebody enslaved by their flawed mental processes. In reality "they" have no choice. The brain is malfunctioning or the mind has developed skewed connections. Whatever the case the innocent person is still in there somewhere, just enslaved and trapped.

the other type, the "evil" type, is somebody who has convinced themselves the benefits of killing. "Natural born killer", somebody who is totally sane and aware of his actions, and revels in the evil of it. They know the pain they cause, they don't care, and they don't mind being put in the victims situation because most of these people were victims at one point.

with the sheer number of people on this planet, all the mind altering and brain destroying substances, people make mistakes..those mistakes hurt people and create victims, most victims heal and the few who don't turn to deep depression, and those who dont get help or move on from the depression, well.. that's my point.

the only thing you can personally do about it save becoming a detective is live every single day conscious of the effects your actions have on other people. You have no idea how many times you have probably come close to making somebody on the edge snap, one word, one act of callousness or a rude gesture and you can potentially send somebody dealing with huge issues into an even bigger arena. Remain aware of what you do because everybody to an extent is insane, some people have to be catered to more than others but the fact remains everybody is fragile, no matter what you think!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
technology has advanced ... people havent ... they're still primitive savages with a long way to go before they become civilised ...

new topics

top topics

join