It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox “news”

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wittgenstein
“O'reilly and Hannity do opinion.
Not news.
Please try again.”
Beezzer
Good grief! We already went thru that and I showed that those fox “news” shows outside those opinion shows lie.
Tho I must admit that I agree with you that Hannity and O’Reilly are notorious liars.
Please read my posts and then you will not post such embarrassing nonsense.

I'm probably already edging the line for violation of T&C.

I give up. You win. You're better than me. FOX is Satan. Liberals are awesome. MSNBC is truth on tv.

(I just puked a little bit in my mouth)

Whatever.

You nor this thread is worth anymore of my time.

Good day.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Considering that you and your side
1. never provide evidence ( except for that one post by flyersfan that I thoroughly refuted)
2. only name call
3. never provide evidence contradicting the evidence I gave.
4. Only continue to merely restate their position without any substance or even any evidence that can be engaged and proven true or false.
It is pointless to debate trolls.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It is interesting that such a simple polite request for examples of MSN outright lies is met by childish name calling when simply providing evidence would make this debate come to a conclusion. My only conclusion is that my opponents cannot do that and therefore feel frustrated and that explains the en.wikipedia.org... , which is widely known to be an act of desperation.

edit on 31-7-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

1. never provide evidence ( except for that one post by flyersfan that I thoroughly refuted)
2. only name call
3. never provide evidence contradicting the evidence I gave.
4. Only continue to merely restate their position without any substance or even any evidence that can be engaged and proven true or false.

He gave plenty of evidence, as have others. You just dismiss it and post a bunch of links to far left wing politcal sites, as if that somehow discredits the examples. You're utterly deluded about your own biases and the biases of your sources of news. They lie to you and you willingly accept their lies as 100% fact.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Scroll back. There is no evidence.
Well OK except for that one post by flyersfan that I thoroughly refuted. ( obviously I did not ignore that "evidence")

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
“You just dismiss it and post a bunch of links to far left wing politcal sites, as if that somehow discredits the examples.”
PvtHudson
en.wikipedia.org... is a far left publication. WOW!
And those videos of Hannity and O’Reilly were faked? WOW!

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Anyway I’m www.youtube.com... with the wife. However, www.youtube.com...
That will give my opponents time to go back and actually read my posts . Perhaps then we can have an intelligent discussion.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
“ETA; None of your Fox clips showed lies.”
Beezzer
www.thedailyshow.com...
Just one example of the many many I gave.
Anyway, my wife is laughingly pulling me away from the computer. Last post for today.

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Not one intelligent admittance, or even a refuting of claims of outright lying here.
This goes to show that as I suspected, Fox fans use a different part of their brain.
They are responding to a perceived tribal instinct (engendered by biased capitalists like Murdoch) and not to the areas responsible for critical thinking (the cingulate cortex).
What this proves to me is that most right-wing bias is tribally based (amygdala) and simply immune to logic and arguments.
You WILL NOT HURT my GURU! Who says the absolute Truth every single time!

And not: this guy made a factual mistake here and here, though I would LIKE to agree to what he is saying about liberals and other such people...

No one responded to my challenge.

So in psychological terms, they are simply not using their critical mind.
It's like arguing with a spider.
"We want the meat " is simply more basic that "let's examine the facts, like them or not."

This is called "ideological possession," not bias.

As a counterexample, I am biased towards Obama as compared to Bush II, but I do have to recognize that he did nothing to better the police state the former erected, he did not keep his promise on the Afghan War and his Obamacare is a problematic compromise at best.

Are you "Conservatives" (better neo-conservatives) able to list any lies or misinformation on your favorite network? This is what this thread is about.
No, because the current TV Fuehrers and Goebbelses are always saying the Truth...
They are on the right side, so anyone who criticizes them must be demonized.

Well, you do not find such an attitude at Huffington Post already. People tend to have divergent opinions. And not only to the extent that "I like Hannnity more than I did Beck." That's not an opinion, it's a feeling.

Amygdala overdeveloped. Cingular cortex not used.

Your Brain on Politics
edit on 7/31/2012 by Kokatsi because: spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

It is interesting that I have given evidence in the form of videos of O’Reilly lying , Hannity lying …documentation…..and no one has any evidence or reasoning to refute them. They attempted to provide evidence and I refuted their evidence. However, they have found it impossible to refute my refutation. Now of course , because they have no evidence or logic all I am getting is the same old name calling without any substance. Simply stating one’s position is not an argument. Take a basic logic course!!

O'reilly and Hannity do opinion.

Not news.

Please try again.

You know Beezer, that is the distinction so many miss entirely or ignore outright, IMO. I've heard Bill 'O and Hannity both say they are commentators and not reporters or anchors. For that matter, Beck said it so often it seemed he might as well have put it on a recorder. Only the morning and mid day shows even portray themselves as actual news and I think people like Sheppard Smith do a decent job on reporting it. The morning shows are entirely too much fluff and barely work as background noise for CNN or Fox.. Newstainment All the way. Of course, everyone spins though. All channels and networks..
edit on 31-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

A lot of evidence was provided showing you are wrong and that all the MSM shares equally in lies. You either refuse to acknowledge the truth of it or you can't understand it. And you did NOT refute anything FlyersFan said. Nothing. You are dreaming if you think you did.

Agreed. That is why people aren't bothering to discuss this with you anymore. The fact that you refuse to listen and you just keep pumping out illogic and lies tells most of us that you are trolling.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
“A lot of evidence was provided showing you are wrong and that all the MSM shares equally in lies.”
Bad Dog
????? Where?
All that were given were statements that said, " MSN lies as much as fox", no examples or evidence of any kind. * Simply, show us where that evidence is, quote a post!
Your post is typical of the nonsense. My opponents keep saying, "we posted evidence". I simply ask where and they are incapable of showing me where. I am sure that you will not show me where either because you never saw it and are merely speculating that their is evidence for my opponents.
How is presenting evidence, asking for an attempt to refute it ( which was never attempted) and asking for evidence from my opponents being a troll? However, when I presented evidence all I got was name-calling, now that is being a troll. Obviously, they quit the debate because they have no evidence or refutations.

* There was only one exception ( that single post by flyerfan) that I totaly refuted.

edit on 1-8-2012 by wittgenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
CNN was down double digits across the board in July.
Compared to July 2011, the network is -20% in Total Viewers and -23% in A25-54 in Total Day. In primetime, CNN is down -23% in Total Viewers and -26% in the demographic
www.mediabistro.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
???????????? That has nothing to do with this thread. The popularity of a show is not what this thread is about. I am sure "Jersey Shore" is more popular then the news. Are you saying that "Jersey Shore" is more intellectually honest then fox "news"? Actually, you are probably right. But that still doesn't alter the fact that your post has nothing to do with this thread.
PS; fox “news” is popular because it avoids ambiguities. They are the white knights and everyone that disagrees with them is evil. Such simplistic drama has always been more popular then looking at an issue from all sides and using critical thinking.
www.youtube.com...
Did fox “news” or even one of their opinion shows ( I agree O’Reilly Hannity cannot be trusted) ever criticize Bush while he was in office?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Here, I’ll even repeat my challenge. But of course it will not be answered!

“And yet, you have shown only hyperbole and not any quantitative data to support your claims.”
Beezzer
I have provided example after example of fox lying. My opponents have not even presented one example of MSN lying.* I suppose you want a list of all fox lies and a list of all MSN lies , then we count them. That is absurd. As I showed in the list that flyersfan gave of sites showing supposed MSN lies, they were not lies. Sure, lets have a contest. You guys catch up to me ( my amount of fox lies) by showing an equal amount of MSN lies and then we can begin the race. I am sure that I can have at least 2 or 3 hundred. I believe that at most you will come up with 10 legitimate cases of MSN lying. But of course (as proven by my oppositions reluctance to provide evidence for their position.) the race will never happen. All I will get in response to my mountain of evidence is “you’re wrong”, “You’re a dirty liberal” “you hate America” and even the most obviously absurd “you have shown only hyperbole” Implying that the evidence that I gave and that is clearly visible never existed.

* I am not saying that MSN never ever lied. I am saying that it is interesting that it is very easy to find examples of fox lying and very difficult to find examples of MSN lying.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
“And you did NOT refute anything FlyersFan said. Nothing. You are dreaming if you think you did.”
Bad Dog
Then why can’t you back up that assertion?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
OMG I don't believe this wittenstein guy is still going at it. Manic obsessiveness still trying to convince everybody that "Fox lies" bwahahahahaha. I'm guessing you don't realize that nobody is buying your bull. And you expect everybody to weed through all your dozens of posts, page after page, and put your case together for you because you are too lazy? Hint: There's a reason you are having so much trouble presenting your argument.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Good grief, the troll again that never presents evidence or rationality, only childish name-calling.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
“And you expect everybody to weed through all your dozens of posts, page after page, "

2XOHsurf
I’m sorry that a lot of evidence is to difficult for you to understand. Here I will make it easy for you. Simply respond to this ( and please, simply saying that Stewart is wrong is not a legitimate response)
www.thedailyshow.com...
Anyway, I am off to work so I will end my participation ( for today) with a site done in 2XOHsurf's debate style.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

“And you expect everybody to weed through all your dozens of posts, page after page, "

2XOHsurf
I’m sorry that a lot of evidence is to difficult for you to understand. Here I will make it easy for you. Simply respond to this ( and please, simply saying that Stewart is wrong is not a legitimate response)
www.thedailyshow.com...

No I will go one step further and offer to debate you one on one on the topic. Is there a formal disciplined process here on ATS for that? I would think that it should go rather quickly and efficiently, rather than chasing a moving target that constantly morphs from post to post, cloaked in ambiguous claims like "Fox lies" which really have no meaning to the average adult.

If Fox News is lying to me and the public, I honestly want to know. I have no loyalty to the channel but I do watch it, along with CNN and MSNBC but I mostly read the web for news and opinions.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join